8-15: "Tallahassee" 2012.02.16

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

43 replies to this topic

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 3:12 PM

I was intrigued by that Ryan and Erin scene in the beginning...

Rainn Wilson is so good at physical comedy.

antikking

antikking

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 5:35 PM

I THOUGHT that was Trish Suhr (formerly of Clean House) as the sales help in the souvenir shop!

Loved the cold open. Laughed longer and harder at Jim falling out of the closet than I have in a long time. Enjoyed Andy at reception. Those scenes felt like my old friend The Office.

On the downside: I totally agree with the posted who asked what Kathy is still doing there and why is she still being paid? That would never, ever happen in real life. Ditto the Dwight being little Phillip's father sub-plot. Please, let's not go there. This show is still about an office....isn't it?

HandBanana

HandBanana

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

I hated when Crazy Leadership Woman dissed the cookie guy and shut down his presentation so they could just have the cookies. It was too exploitive, somehow, even though I totally see what they were trying to do and how it could have been funny with better execution.

Yeah I really didn't find her funny at all, except for the Hugh Grant's brother bit.
But then I didn't find her interview last season funny either.

Neither did I. I was so glad they didn't make her a regular character.

She was the only down part of an otherwise quite good episode.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 2:30 AM

I enjoyed Nellie and her interactions with Ryan. She is just the right amount of weird for that role.

As usual, I thought Dwight's stuff was too over the top, but I did enjoy how his surgery set up Packer's, "Incoming!" finger poke attempt. That was so Packer.

I hope something happens with Jim and Kathy, although it would completely change the context of every rerun of this show.

My Way

My Way

Stalker

• Interests:Jensen Ackles.

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 11:47 AM

She was the only down part of an otherwise quite good episode.

I think a little of her character goes a long way (which is a shame because I loved her on DoctorWho).

I loved Florida Stanley and Jim trying to be like him. This episode was pretty funny.

Madmarsha

Madmarsha

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 1:46 PM

Nellie for an epi or two is PERFECT for this Office. However, too much of her and I will have to find The Alcohol Club.

This epi was pretty good but I am distracted by two things: 1) Now that we're hearing & seeing more of Kathy, she could be the twin sister of my nephew's wife. 2) Why would they give Dwight card keys to their rooms and why did no one have their safety latches across their doors.

I know, I know, suspend belief. I've never been a victim of a hotel crime but it's such a serious and real concern and it was way too easy for Dwight to get into their rooms that I was focusing on that way too much.

Are we going to have a love quadrangle? Ryan, Kelly, Erin, Andy?

smithwicks

smithwicks

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 12:37 AM

Only one sour note...my extreme irritation with Pam continues. Basically refusing to answer the phone after she takes it off of voicemail? Because she has too much work to do? Shut up, Pam.

I'm with you on that one! And then when Darryl and Pam came over to reception to tell Andy to stop answering phones, I wanted to deck her... seriously... he stepped up because nobody else did. And then she's going to be bitchy about it? Maybe it's because I used to really like the character and the actress, but in recent seasons the character is annoying and unrelatable and the actress is less accessible (her blog, DVD commentaries, etc.) I guess I'm just over her. I did like Darryl's story.

Andy missing Erin... yawn.

Maddingcrowd

Maddingcrowd

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 12:52 PM

I thought some of it was funny (my favorite was the antidote is loves true kiss), but I didn't understand Andy's storyline at all. Are we supposed to think he is better suited as a receptionist and not as a manager? I just didn't get it.

Liked most of the Florida stuff (I want to be vacation Stanley), but thought it unlikely Dwight could go to the hospital, have surgery and return in 3 hours. It takes an hour for surgery when you consider the prep etc, an hour in recovery and then he would be out of it for at least a couple of hours after. I know, I know suspension of belief. I have to say usually it works for me on sitcoms but every once in awhile it doesn't.

I also do not believe any of these people would give Dwight a key card to their room. Maybe Jim so he could prank him, but Stanley? No way.

Edited by Maddingcrowd, Feb 20, 2012 @ 12:53 PM.

LiberryLady

LiberryLady

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 1:04 PM

thought it unlikely Dwight could go to the hospital, have surgery and return in 3 hours.

That... took me right out. Like when Phoebe gave birth to triplets on Friends with a single doctor in attendance. I know, I know, it's not a documentary -- but it felt as unlikely to me as if Dwight could suddenly fly. Couldn't they have had it something a little more believable, like a broken limb or nasty dental emergency? When Dwight got a concussion in season two, part of the humor was that he was realistically showing every classic symptom of a concussion, but everyone was too distracted by Michael's histrionics over his burnt foot to notice!

knaankos

knaankos

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 12:44 AM

Is Tallahassee part of the joke? I mean they act like its Miami. It's landlocked. All they got their is that wretched university where the seminoles play.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 11:38 AM

Is Tallahassee part of the joke? I mean they act like its Miami.

Compared to Scranton, PA in the winter it is. It's much warmer than where they were, and there's probably an outdoor pool at the hotel.

Milburn Stone

Milburn Stone

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

I thought the Catherine Tate character was hilarious (also different from how she played her last season in the interview, IIRC). I want to see more of her, even after Tallahassee. I wonder if TPTB brought her in because they're not so sure they can do a whole lot more with Robert California.

Col Bat Guano

Col Bat Guano

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 11:54 AM

I wonder if TPTB brought her in because they're not so sure they can do a whole lot more with Robert California.

I think the combination of her return and Andy's joy at being the receptionist might be telling us something.

Kosmonaut

Kosmonaut

Stalker

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

I like to think that Dwight willed himself out of post-surgery early. Which would be so Dwight.

Great ep all around.