Satoshi Takeda: Avenging Sensei

• Please log in to reply

13 replies to this topic

dorakpasa

dorakpasa

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 12:06 PM

Great to see Emanda's sensei. But what is his agenda? Did he know David Clarke? Is he after Grandpa Grayson or Conrad? Has he been grooming Emanda all along, first while she was in juvie with the help of the warden? Why did he pick up Amily? Many questions.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

I think he picked up Amily to get rid of her. He said to Emanda he was putting her back on the righteous path. I assume he meant that he was getting rid of her opponents...

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 5:18 PM

He must have known David, because Emanda found out about him from her father's possessions.

teachmusik

teachmusik

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 7:42 PM

Actually I think she knew him through the warden, not her dad. She kept the paper with his phone number in the infinity box, but the name and phone number were on the warden's letterhead.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 1:07 AM

Actually I think she knew him through the warden, not her dad. She kept the paper with his phone number in the infinity box, but the name and phone number were on the warden's letterhead.

I wonder if Tyler told Daniel about Takeda's number being in the box on the Juvie Warden's stationery.

insanityproject

insanityproject

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 1:11 AM

Why does the warden help Emanda in the first place? It seems like that if there is a connection between Nolan and Takeda, that this might also include the warden.

dorakpasa

dorakpasa

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 12:32 AM

I think Takeda has been the force for Amanda. He worked with the warden while Amanda was in juvie, then trained her himself, then worked with Nolan to be a guide for Emanda. Takeda and David Clarke had to have been connected.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 5:12 AM

Why they changed the actor? Don't get me wrong, I like Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa. He's been everywhere since I was younger. But it's weird to see Takeda from younger to older actor in short time.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

I'm glad you said something! I had no idea they changed the actor, and I felt dumb that I didn't recognize Takeda at first. Now I feel dumb that I didn't realize it was a different actor.

Midru

Midru

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 19, 2012 @ 9:33 AM

I must admit that I don't like this new storyline or Takeda character. I read the original actor had a scheduling conflict so they switched. I don't care about the actor so much as this whole school with two students thing.

It would be fun if the writers give this guy some personality and personal motivations. But I don't get the feeling we will get to know this character at all, he might just stone-face and give various pronouncements!

Glade

Glade

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 19, 2012 @ 4:24 PM

The original Tekeda was a mysterious, suave businessman who could pass in every day life. This new guy is a campy, comic-book style psuedo-monk, and I hate it.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Oct 19, 2012 @ 4:35 PM

I've come to believe that Takeda is the real big bad. He's just too obsessed with ruining everyone's life. It's like it was his dad that the Graysons screwed over.

mac123x

mac123x

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2013 @ 3:50 PM

From the 3.9 Episode thread:

Frankly I think the whole Takeda thing is a non-issue. I think Aiden’s character was simply the writers’ proxy to put an end to his character that was re-cast and in the process re-characterized.  Viewers weren’t crazy about the change from powerful businessman revenge mastermind Takeda into samurai revenge obsessed Takeda.

Takeda's characterization has been all over the map. 

1. When we were intitally introduced to him, he seemed to be running a generic Revenge training school.  Emanda's warden at the juvie hall gave her his number, and he seemed pretty detached from what she was doing in Season 1, willing to help (pretending to invest in Grayson Global with her money), but didn't want her to get distracted.

2.  Season 2, we learned that he had a personal stake in her Revenge, since his fiancee was on the plane.  Also, his other student, Aiden, was tied to the plane through his father.  So it seemed like Takeda was putting together a team of Revengers specifically to go after the Initiative as part of his own Revenge plan.

3.  Season 3 we get to briefly meet Emanda's ex-"husband" who was also a Revenge School graduate, and he apparently had no ties to the plane crash because he completed his undefined Revengenda.  So now we're back to Season 1 characterization of Takeda running a generic school.

Peanut6711

Peanut6711

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 11, 2013 @ 5:02 PM

Takeda's characterization has been all over the map. 

1. When we were intitally introduced to him, he seemed to be running a generic Revenge training school.  Emanda's warden at the juvie hall gave her his number, and he seemed pretty detached from what she was doing in Season 1, willing to help (pretending to invest in Grayson Global with her money), but didn't want her to get distracted.

2.  Season 2, we learned that he had a personal stake in her Revenge, since his fiancee was on the plane.  Also, his other student, Aiden, was tied to the plane through his father.  So it seemed like Takeda was putting together a team of Revengers specifically to go after the Initiative as part of his own Revenge plan.

3.  Season 3 we get to briefly meet Emanda's ex-"husband" who was also a Revenge School graduate, and he apparently had no ties to the plane crash because he completed his undefined Revengenda.  So now we're back to Season 1 characterization of Takeda running a generic school.

Very true.  And thanks for moving this to a more fitting thread.   I thought Takeda's character had a lot of potential in season 1.  Back then there was the whole mystery to the extend of his involvement and the lengths of his power. I was expecting a bigger reveal at some point as to how exactly she got involved with him and what his reputation really was. I also liked how he showed up at opportune moments (Daniel's engagement party shooting) to advance the plot. He obviously had a background to be revealed that could have provided a larger story arc in season 2.   But it almost seems as if the character was a causality between casting (I think I read where the actor from season 1 was unavailable) and the changing plot direction of season 2. Thus by the end of the season (2) the writers just decided to scrap the character all together.