1-15: "Chaos" 2012.02.15

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

305 replies to this topic

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

Revenge looks back at the opening moments of the pilot episode and reveals new details of the fateful night of Emily and Daniel's Fire and Ice engagement party, as Emily's vendetta takes a dark and unexpected turn. Jack makes a desperate attempt to find Amanda and Charlotte tries to soothe the pain of her family's betrayal.

Titus

Titus

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:05 PM

Wow, what an ending. Yet so many more questions now. What went down at the beach?!?!? Ah, can't wait another week.

Daniel was shown collapsing on the ground in the opening but seemed okay at the end. And Emily has some explaining to do to him!

Victoria really has some hold over her children. Both of them called out to her and not Conrad when in distress this episode.

Edited by Titus, Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:08 PM.

SzmuttyPratfall

SzmuttyPratfall

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

Put a fork in Tyler, he is done. Christ. I cannot collect my thoughts right now. Even the stuff I predicted blew me away. I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANOTHER 2 WEEKS!

edited for clarity

Edited by SzmuttyPratfall, Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:09 PM.

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

Tyler - Dead
Daniel - Alive
Shooter - ???

Takeda & Nolan???

Edited by djsunyc, Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:08 PM.

cassyinjax

cassyinjax

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:07 PM

Looooved it!! I am so glad Daniel isn't dead. :)

I think a turning point for Amily and Emanda was when Tyler told Amily that she pinned the murder of Frank on him -- it seemed to me that Amily realized that Emanda was protecting her through all this as well.

Who was the real shooter?? When will we find out?

quarks

quarks

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:07 PM

Although this does mean that my prediction was flat out wrong, allow me to express my joy that Tyler will no longer be on my screen.

Also, I am beginning to feel more than a twinge for those poor little kids in Haiti who Jack keeps letting down over and over and over....

GhostJack21

GhostJack21

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

It was all a part of the plan. Set Daniel up on trial just like David Clarke!?
Amily, Emanda, Sensei and Nolan were all working together.

Amily killed Tyler, and then Sensei picked her up.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Damn it, show, when did you make me like Declan?!?!

And I can't help but hope that, despite how young they are, he and Charlotte find a way to make it work.

Edited by Princess Aldrea, Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:08 PM.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Well, at least we all knew Tyler was gonna die on that beach (even though part of me wanted it to be Daniel, just for shock value). But now that Tyler's told him partially about Emily not being who she says she is, there will be rift in their engagement.

Ok, who the hell shot Tyler, though? Daniel? Amily? A totally different third party? I'm thinking now that Daniel didn't shoot Tyler but he he might know who did. I dunno about Amily but I don't think there was enough time for her to get out of the taxi, run to the beach and shoot Tyler, especially the way he was positioned.

Oh well. Intense episode. I WANNA KNOW WHO THE SHOOTER IS!!

Colonel Green

Colonel Green

Stalker

For most of the leadup I was debating whether it would be a cop-out to have the corpse be someone other than Daniel, but now that the moment has come, I think Daniel living has more interesting dramatic possibilities, especially now that Tyler made things really interesting by planting seeds about Emanda.

Clearly Emily's Japanese sensei killed Tyler to "put things back on track" by making Daniel look responsible. He's an interesting new wrinkle in the game. Why is he so committed?

Grandpa Grayson was really creepy tonight. Just the way he was grinning, particularly in the scene with Daniel, made him look vaguely malevolent.

Oh Charlotte, your life really is miserable.

spacegarland118

spacegarland118

Channel Surfer

Sensei killed Tyler, knocked out Daniel and took the Grayson Global picture away, made sure to get blood on his shirt to frame him, left the body for Amily to discover, then picked her up.

Edited by spacegarland118, Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:11 PM.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:09 PM

So happy to see Tyler bought the big one! I am disappointed but not at all surprised they dragged that out to the very, very end though. Queen Vic was smart to tell Daniel to shut the hell up at the very end, though I'm not sure how he'll be able to claim self defense since Tyler was shot in the back (based on what we saw at the very beginning anyway)

Amily, bleeding from the gun shot from Tyler but running around like nothing was wrong was odd, but I'll fanwank it was adrenaline, I suppose.

Two weeks till the next episode, really? Isn't this sweeps month? Ugh. This news didn't make me happy.

BBDi

BBDi

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

Wait, was that the Sensei that Amily got in the car with?

I still don't know what the hell happened, except that Nolan and Sensei were working together.

Oy. Poor Jack. Wish he had gone to Haiti.

evalusion

evalusion

Couch Potato

When Amanda ran away the first time, I was like wait, you can kill a former FBI agent with a few swings, but you leave Tyler alive and wielding a gun? I'm kind of glad she went back for him, he was such an annoying character.

I think Grandpa Grayson may be even more evil than Victoria. Poor Charotte. Declan is more likeable these days, and is it my imagination, or did he ditch the crazy accent?

I wonder whether Emily will stand by her man, for the long con, or take the opportunity to make Victoria watch her son framed for something he didn't do. Though, will it count as revenge if Victoria doesn't actually realize he was framed?

DimeStormRing

DimeStormRing

Video Archivist

Sensei & Nolan??? and probably David Clarke too.

Well, RIP Tyler. I always enjoyed his soap villain antics. He will be missed.

So, will we have to wait another half-season to find out what actually happened on the beach?

And how hot was EVC when she secured that gun to her leg? Damn!

circlesquare

circlesquare

Video Archivist

Wow, this was a great, fast paced episode. I sometimes find things dragging, but not tonight. I never believed that was going to be Daniel dead on the beach, but in the last minutes I thought maybe they were willing to take it that far.

I was happy that Jack told Fauxmanda that Emily had been loyal.

Loved Declan shouting, "Hey 8 Mile, this is a private party." That was pretty damn funny.

cassyinjax

cassyinjax

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

Sensei was at the party with Emanda when QV was giving her speech, which is when Daniel was shot/Tyler killed. I don't think it could have been him.

mak

mak

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

it really looked like Daniel in the opening scene on the beach. (the slow motion shot of "Daniel" falling to the ground on the beach). I'm sorta glad Daniel isn't dead, but that shot was almost too good of a fake out. I wonder if the writers changed their mind about who would be the victim. I'd like to think that they couldn't change things up mid stream like that. Oh well. Fabulous episode!

noscare

noscare

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

Oh wow, what an ending. Emanda really, really needs to get back in control. I don't like that she had no idea what sensei was doing (which was killing Tyler methinks). Unless I am wrong and she planned this all along.

Also, I almost liked Amily for a moment there, which felt wrong.

One thing that got lost in the drama of the shooting - QV had quite the sh*t-eating grin on her face after the signing of the divorce papers. I wonder what she's got cooking...

NTLurker

NTLurker

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

I can't figure out if Amanda was trying to tell Jack that "I didn't mean to" or "I didn't do it". Still trying to figure out the sensei's role in all this? It's like he knew everyone's plans and was one step ahead of all of them, including Emily.

Ganymedeone

Ganymedeone

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

I loved Emanda burying the box on the beach in that outfit, and still looking perfectly put togther at the party afterward!
Loved the look between Nolan and the Sensei, as well as the Sensei picking up Amily! Either Emanda is more of a mastermind than we've seen or she really is just another pawn.

quarks

quarks

Couch Potato

I have to say I really liked the way everything was revealed to Amily -- that yes, Emanda had been lying to her and playing her all along, but that Emanda had also protected her by planting the evidence for Frank's death on Tyler, and that Emanda had been urging Jack to stay with her.

And I liked that Amily had the sense -- sorta -- to keep quiet about it. I'm guessing that she hurried to the beach, even though this meant leaving Jack yet again, because she realized she owed Emanda a favor and knew what Tyler was planning. Even if she's a murderer, she's considerably more stable than Tyler.

Overall, one of the best Revenge episodes yet.

Cardie

Cardie

Fanatic

It certainly looks like Hatoshi set up Daniel to take the fall for Tyler's death, although he would seem to have a pretty good self-defense argument. I don't know that Hatoshi actually pulled the trigger but Nolan had a whole security contingent there. He was coordinating with Hatoshi but I don't know if they were actually stalking Tyler in order to take him out.

Hatoshi got hold of the box and so must have been following Tyler's every move. Perhaps he would have killed Daniel if Emily had decided to elope. I'm wondering if he isn't just her sensei but shares a desire for revenge on the Graysons; either he lost someone in the plane crash or is affiliated with the terrorists and wants leverage on Conrad and Victoria so they don't ever blab the truth.

marnyh

marnyh

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

I think that was Daniel falling in slow motion at the beginning of the episode, and that someone knocked him out. Once he was knocked out, Tyler was shot. Also, the shooter was wearing a black jacket-- you could see his cuff when he picked up the Grayson Global picture. No one at the party was wearing a black jacket. So... I'm utterly confused.

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Amily is a loyal soldier. Despite her kookiness, she's still someone you want on your side. Plus she's super duper good looking.

OK, Amily was *just* head of Jack in the taxi. So there's no way she could've outran Jack and then shot Tyler. She must've found him that way. Secondly, she didn't have the gun so to fight him AND steal the gun AND shoot him before Jack got there is not possible.

So I'm ruling her out as the shooter.

Daniel had blood on him as well so I'm assuming he was with Tyler when Tyler was shot (from behind). Since Daniel had blood on the front of his shirt, that means he was standing in front of him. Which also means he may not know who the shooter actually is.

Who the heck did it????

Edited by djsunyc, Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:17 PM.

HoneyB

HoneyB

Fanatic

I am sure the Sensei has minions who would have done the actual deed. Perhaps they were Nolan's "security people."

cassyinjax

cassyinjax

Loyal Viewer

I really don't see how it could have been sensei -- like I mentioned above, he was at the party with Emanda and Nolan while QV was giving the toast. Didn't we hear the gunshots right before that? And Jack went running through the sand dunes, and was discovered by Charlotte and Declan. That was when Charlotte interrupted the speech, and sensei left right before that, while QV was talking. Tyler was surely already dead by then.

Rora

Rora

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

Sensei could have easily killed Tyler and come back to the party just in time to hear the speech. The shooting happened earlier; we heard CHarlotte's scream when QV was giving her speech.

Sensei was at the party with Emanda when QV was giving her speech, which is when Daniel was shot/Tyler killed. I don't think it could have been him.

Haitian kids' situation is sad, but I laughed out loud at the poster who said Jack keeps letting them down. Dude, seriously, give it up.

Edited by Rora, Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:19 PM.

name234

name234

Fanatic

They handled it well, I love the fact that we still don't know if it was Daniel or Amily who shot Tyler.

I had guessed that the body was Tyler and Daniel was the shooter, at least I know I was partially right.

The only thing I think is a massive plot hole is how Tyler could have escaped a mental institution, having committed the crime he had committed and the one Emanda framed him for, without a massive law enforcement dragnet, with the Hampton's police, the Graysons, Jack and Emanda being notified as they were all potential victims of his last crime.

I am glad Jack isn't getting blamed for the murder, I wonder of Jack and Declan will have the "yes you saw me. no, you didn't see me... Haiti hear I come" conversation. I suspect that Daniel was planning on leaving the country the next day won't go in his favor.

I am looking forward to hearing how it was that Sensei opted back into being anywhere near Emanda. And there is the question of whether Daniel believes Tyler about David Clarke. Will Takeda make sure the contents of the Infinity Box are secure?
The question is, shouldn't Daniel be able to plead self defense if he was wielding the gun, especially after Tyler's Birthday party hostage scene?

Clearly, I love this show. Its way too much fun. Still, part of me wishes that it was a one season extended mini series so they could tell the story and close the loop. Was it me, or in the sequence where Daniel was "shot" at the top wasn't the (Tyler's) gloved hand attached to a Dark sleeve?

Edited by name234, Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:27 PM.

dragonfirelance

dragonfirelance

Couch Potato

I think Amily killed Tyler to save Emanda, after she found out that Emanda had framed Tyler to save her, and didn't tell Jack the truth about her so she could be happy.

Another great episode, Charlotte is going to be very interesting down the line. She put herself back in relatively short order with just viocidin and pills. Also loved how the status quo is completely changed. I'm still half convinced that Emanda would let Dainel rot in prison to hurt Conrad and Victoria. Their son for her father.

Also Amily keeps being awesome. My heart broke for her when she told Emanda that her betrayal hurt worst than losing Jack. I totally had a Nolan moment with her, and was begging for her to get on the boat and leave, but she couldn't leave her "sister" heartwarming. I definitely see her as one of the more innocent parties in this game.

Edited by dragonfirelance, Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:24 PM.