3-13: "Heart" 2012.02.14 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

372 replies to this topic

DEM

DEM

Stalker

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 4:07 PM

That's how I feel, too, Scaramanga. I might take offence to him and this whatever story if I could make it past "You don't even go here!"

Megardron

Megardron

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 4:36 PM

this whatever story if I could make it past "You don't even go here!"

But he just has a lot of feelings...for Kurt apparently...

jmcb

jmcb

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

I just feel like Karofsky's already served his purpose to the story, and it's tiresome to keep having him dragged back into it.

I agree. Last season him apologizing and feeling bad for what he had done was closure. But than out of nowhere they bring him back again and the scene in the bar should have been closure seeing that Dave is on his way to acceptance.

Now I am guessing they are just bringing him back for some after school special drama.

For a show saying it its going back to basics from season one sure has a lot of Blaine, Sugar, Rory, Sam, Sebastian, Dave, Joe and Becky storyline.

Knight Dynus

Knight Dynus

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 2:57 AM

For the people who say Dave in the gorilla suit is creepy, I have a question. Would you be reacting the same way if it had been Blaine? Would you be calling it creepy that Kurt was getting love notes from his secret admirer then? Or would be romantic that Blaine was doing all this? So it's only creepy because because a kid who, admittedly did some messed up shit, is trying to express himself after all those years of repressing himself?

I think you answered your own question here. It's because of Karofsky's past that made it creepy. The past is past and you can't change it. And with Kurt that element of bullying, abuse, and sexual harassment will always be there. No matter how much Kurt forgives Karofsky and accepts him as a friend (which I believe Kurt does) its still there. Unfair? I guess you could say that, but I wouldn't.

Yeah, I'm not opposed to Karofsky having a relationship with another guy, but I don't understand the fixation on the relationship having to be with KURT. The one he abused and terrified. The past will always be there no matter how much you romanticize it.

This. Karofsky has messed up in the past, and while he has come forward a lot, I don't think latching on to Kurt will actually help him move forward. If anything I think it'll be a step backward for him.

Honestly, in none of the scenes with the two of them I've never seen Kurt as being comfortable around Karofsky except maybe the scene in "Born this Way" where Burt was outside watching through the glass walls. In every scene since it has appeared to me that Kurt was on his guard, this latest one especially and given their history I don't blame him.

Except their relationship has changed completely from the original locker room confrontation. I don't think it's so horrible for Karofsky to hope that Kurt's feelings may have changed as well.

Understandable, sure, but still delusional beyond any doubt.

Edited by Knight Dynus, Feb 18, 2012 @ 3:10 AM.

fadooski

fadooski

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

I am genuinely disturbed by the notion that anyone wants Kurt to be with Karofsky. This man abused and assaulted him. I remember how astonished I was at the Kurt-ofsky kiss. It played like a rape scene, in fact it practically was. Chris Kofler is, at best, a mediocre actor but he managed to clearly convey that Kurt was traumatized and violated by what Karofsky did to him. The whole notion of a first kiss having to be special is problematic but Kurt is enough of a romantic that he probably buys into it. Karofsky took that away from him quite brutally. Till the day he dies whenever he's in a conversation about first kisses, other people will talk about experiences that are fun or innocent or tentative or clumsy, Kurt's was violent.

(As an aside, if the writers of this show weren't dumb, talentless amateurs, there might be a story arc in Kurt's ambivalence around sex and his experience at the hands of Karofsky which would have added more depth to their scene at the OneGayBar.)

The woobiefication of this villain is so tasteless because it excuses abuse. Karofsky isn't really sorry. He just wants to be let off the hook (keep in mind that Karofsky more or less got away with the crimes he committed, as most bullies do). He thinks that getting Kurt to love him will erase the horrors he wrought. No one should hate themselves for being gay but Bullies should sure a hell hate themselves for being abusers.

I rather liked Joseph's voice and his introduction was neither nearly as jarring nor as intrusive as Rory's.

Having Quinn and Mercedes on a song together was a nice combination and I've wanted to hear Diana Agron do Cherish ever since season 1's Papa Don't Preach.

Thailog

Thailog

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 2:03 PM

Oh joy, more of the "Karofsky raped Kurt" argument.

Karofsky isn't really sorry. He just wants to be let off the hook

Fascinating. Did you read the script, or did one of the writers or actors tell you that?

acejunior

acejunior

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 2:24 PM

Karofsky isn't really sorry. He just wants to be let off the hook

Fascinating. Did you read the script, or did one of the writers or actors tell you that?

I somewhat feel the same. For me I read it this way because when Kurt mentioned all the things Karofsky put him through, I would have expected something like "I regret what I put you through every single day" or "that was wrong of me and nothing can ever make it right and again, I'm so sorry", but he didn't say any of those things. He just said why he did it, as if he was excusing himself. So while I don't know how sorry he is (the one scene of random crying in Prom Queen wasn't nearly enough for me), he does come off as someone trying to make excuses instead of realizing that what he did in fact cannot and should not ever, ever be excused by anything. It's a writing problem, and if I were a huge fan of the character I'd be deeply disappointed. My biggest problem with Karofsky is that his past actions cannot under any circumstances be excused, and I couldn't help but feel like in that scene, he was trying to do just that. Excuse himself and his actions.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 2:49 PM

Also, props to Max Adler for the Kurtofsky scene, he completely nailed it. It was obviously sexual attraction mixed with him being highly thankful for Kurt's help in not hating himself for being gay. Plus you felt genuinely sorry for him and that's what largely due to Max.

Not so fast. Max Adler was great in this week's episode, but not only do I not feel sorry for Karofsky, he showed that he hasn't changed that much. Once again, Karofsky forced himself on Kurt. First it was physically and mentally, now it's emotionally. Instead of respecting Kurt's feelings and his relationship with Blaine, Karofsky did neither. Karofsky may not be physically bullying Kurt anymore, but he's still stalking Kurt and trying to impose his way on him whether he likes it or not. Karofsky brought his heartbreak on himself.

For the people who say that Dave in the gorilla suit is creepy, I have a question. Would you feel the same way if the secret admirer had been Blaine? Would you be calling it creepy that Kurt was getting love notes from his secret admirer then? Or would be romantic that Blaine was doing all this?

Re the first question, my first answer is "yes" and the second is "no," because Blaine, unlike Karofsky, is Kurt's actual boyfriend. Since Blaine and Kurt have a serious relationship and not a one-sided crush, I don't have a problem with Blaine doing romantic things for Kurt.

I frankly don't know what Kurt is talking about. Wasn't Chris Colfer bleating that he wants Kurt to date Karofsky? Make it happen writers. Kurt should be grateful someone decided to look through all that and see something he likes. I still don't buy what Blaine sees in him but hopefully this highly unlikely coupling ends this season. God I hate Kurt and his irritating self.

Kurt already has someone who appreciates him- Blaine, the guy who didn't bully Kurt, hate-kiss him, cause him to change schools or threaten to kill him. Among other things, Blaine sees in Kurt the boy who stands up for himself and fights for what he believes in, no matter what, as he proved in "Prom Queen." As long as Klaine believes in each other, I believe in them. Kurt may have forgiven the past re Karofsky, but he hasn't forgotten it, nor should he. Kurtofsky should be freinds and nothing more, if the writers want me to maintain the little respect I still have for them. Kurt isn't "perfect" by a long shot, but he shouldn't be stuck with someone like Karofsky who's capable of much worse.

Granted Sebastian is an ass but unlike Kurt and Karofsky he is a gay guy who doesn't let his sexuality define him

Blaine would probably disagree, if Sebastian's constant flirting, stalking him online and now physical assault are any indications. Blaine is a great guy who has a great guy in Kurt- someone who would never even consider committing acts of violence against innocent people just to get what he wants, unlike Sebastian. Sebastian is no more worthy of Blaine than Karofsky is of Kurt.

Thailog

Thailog

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

So while I don't know how sorry he is (the one scene of random crying in Prom Queen wasn't nearly enough for me)

Except that scene (which didn't strike me as random considering the context of their conversation) did show how sorry he was.

Once again, Karofsky forced himself on Kurt.

Seriously? He gave him some candies and left when Kurt said he wasn't interested. Jeez.

Edited by Thailog, Feb 18, 2012 @ 2:54 PM.

dimples1

dimples1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 3:41 PM

Yes. Kurt's not romantically interested in Dave at all. He's never shown him the same interest that he had for Finn and Sam in the past (even before the bullying, stalking and death threat was shown onscreen).

All of this Kurtofsky business is so one-sided. It's just sad. Dave's not going to be "redeemed" because of gaining Kurt's out of no rhyme or reason love.

Edited by dimples1, Feb 18, 2012 @ 3:55 PM.

eireann113

eireann113

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 5:43 PM

Seriously? He gave him some candies and left when Kurt said he wasn't interested. Jeez.

Even his response was still trying trying to guilt trip Kurt for not saying yes (when the thought was delusional to start with).

Thailog

Thailog

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 5:49 PM

Please. He was upset, but he wasn't trying to guilt trip Kurt.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

Iím closing the thread since so many of you think the topic of the thread is the other posters here, and their stupidity for having the temerity of having an opinion different from yours. Find somewhere else to do that while the thread is closed, please, so that the rest of us can continue discussing the episode when it reopens.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Feb 18, 2012 @ 5:58 PM.