MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 12:11 AM

If she weren't dangerous, she wouldn't have had 'someone' on her face. :o

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 8:06 AM

But she likely did it intentionally as no one was surprised or bothered so she either took the cloak off or can now do it will. Either way, it is to the point where it only happens when she decides it happens and therefore there is no need to contain her. Even before Red knew she was safe as long as she wore the cloak and it was only her ignorance of this fact that caused problems.

LisaJ

LisaJ

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

Meghan was promoted to a series regular next season. I hope that means we'll see her more.

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 8:55 AM

She was on air very little during the second season premiere, but Meghan's performance still sticks in my mind -- specifically the look she gave Regina, when Red, Charming and Henry were leaving Town Hall. Not just the look really, but her whole physicality. She turned back and glared and Regina. It was a small moment, but Meghan made the most of it.

Sighandeyeroll

Sighandeyeroll

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 10:59 PM

Ruby really stepped up in the latest episode! Standing up to Regina in the Town Hall meeting and getting through to Charming who was too focused on the Mad Hatter and a way to get Emma and Snow then on the more immediate problems of Henry and everybody leaving Storybrooke and losing their memories. She's a great second-in-command.

jillypups

jillypups

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 12:11 AM

I loved how the confident wolfgirl came out last night! Well... not necessarily the wolf, per say... more like, the confidence that comes from realizing you are a werewolf and not only learning to accept that, but how to control it, as she did to protect Charming and to help Snow et al help rescue Charming. That strength of character came out last night, and I just loved it! GO RED GO.

MorninStar

MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 12:13 AM

I hope we get to see more of Ruby/Red..
She didn't have a huge role.. but boy, she is memorable'cause she really rocked it!

Edited by MorninStar, Oct 9, 2012 @ 12:14 AM.

wingster55

wingster55

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 4:57 PM

Can we talk about how awesome she was last night? Seriously what can't she do?

On a shallow note...damn. I once thought Regina was the most beautiful female character...but now I don't know. Brain is wrinkled.

Arnella

Arnella

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 5:13 PM

I didn't think much of Ruby last season (even after learning of her cool werewolf bit) but this season, I'm kind of wishing she was MY friend and we could hang out.

Mars477

Mars477

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 5:32 PM

She's a great second-in-command.

Frankly, if not for the whole royalty thing (and I'd say despite it), Ruby would make a good first-in-command. She's rational, charismatic, empathetic, competent, and a total badass. She does everything that Charming can do, and she does it better, and she can do it now (whereas it took Charming some time to get his head into the game, plus he's distracted). Why is she not running the show here?

Edited by Mars477, Oct 22, 2012 @ 5:36 PM.

Love

Love

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 5:58 PM

On a shallow note...damn. I once thought Regina was the most beautiful female character...but now I don't know. Brain is wrinkled.

Totally, especially now that Ruby's toned down the makeup. She's my new girlcrush. She has also easily become my fave character on the show. I had never even heard of the actress before, which as a Canadian is bad because I remember the show Higher Ground and had no idea she was even on it til recently.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

I'm so glad she's using her "Red" look in Storybrooke now instead of the emo overgrown teenager "Ruby" look.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

I'm so glad she's using her "Red" look in Storybrooke now instead of the emo overgrown teenager "Ruby" look.

I agree. I like that Ruby looks and acts more like the mature, self-possessed woman that Red is than the pseudo-adolescent rebel that she was before. I even like her wardrobe choices (although the hat was a bit too late-80s/early 90s for me). In fact, it seems to me that Red has had the easiest time of everyone re-integrating her Red and Ruby selves, and the evidence of how strong an actress Meghan is is that I can see both sides of Red's duality showing through in a perfect blend.

Edited by legaleagle44, Oct 22, 2012 @ 10:24 PM.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

Yeah, I agree that Red looks much better in Storybrooke now, then she did as Ruby because a) she isn't trying too hard with all the make-up and scantly-claded outfits and b) she's much more mature and confident then she was as Ruby. Although, I do think Ruby was already going down that path after her "Red-Handed" episode; I remember the make-up was toned down after that (but the skirts remained.)

She really is becoming a stand-out on a show I already really love. I really enjoyed her scenes with Belle this past episode, hope to see more of her and Snow, and I'm really digging her relationship with Charming, especially because there is no sexual tension in sight. They really respect each other as individuals and I love it. And Meghan Ory continues to own the role. Making her a regular is one of the best things this show has done this season.

Edited by thuganomics85, Oct 22, 2012 @ 11:02 PM.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 11:54 PM

I said this in the Belle thread and realized I should crosspost it here: I really like how Meghan Ory played the moment where she realizes that Gold and Belle are a thing. Her reaction was very subtle, but you could nevertheless see the gears in her mind turning as she reassessed the situation with this new information. It was very well done--you could practically see the whole new light in which she's now seeing Gold.

Toughie

Toughie

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 12:01 AM

I completely agree.

I also like her look when she says "It must be the whole wolf thing." You can read the fear on her face. Afraid of what will happen on the full moon.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 5:22 AM

I don't think she's afraid. After all, her turning into a wolf doesn't seem to be dependent on the moon and if she were worried she would have talked to someone about it, maybe asked Rumple. He would owe her for helping to find Belle and it's in his best interest that she not turn into a mindless wolf and attack people (including maybe him or Belle) so he might be able to get her cloak for her.

wingster55

wingster55

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 9:19 AM

After all, her turning into a wolf doesn't seem to be dependent on the moon

Yes it is. Why do you think otherwise?

Toughie

Toughie

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 10:11 AM

Well, I think Ruby was either fearful or uncomfortable that she might be able to turn into a wolf again. We'll find out more in her episode.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 12:05 PM

Yes it is. Why do you think otherwise?

Because she could turn into it on command when they were trying to rescue Charming last season and then turned back still during the night.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 2:11 PM

Yeah, the first time when she was with Charming, she throws off the cloak, looks at the full moon and then switches and the night was nearly over so you assume she figured she'd only be wolfish for a couple hours and then be fine.

However, during the night to rescue Charming, it was very confusing. She had apparently been a wolf but right, changed back DURING the night when no one knew she was coming, so how did she get her cloak back on by herself? It's been a plot hole that's been bugging me since that episode. But if she really had complete control to turn on command, why even have the red cloak still?

Gin and Tonic

Gin and Tonic

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 2:56 PM

If I recall correctly, in "Lady of the Lake," she rushed out of the tent to join the fray when Lancelot and his men arrived at the camp. She took off her cloak and ran out of frame. Presumably, in addition to being able to get back into the cloak, she can also control who she attacks. I can't imagine she would've taken it off if there was a chance she could hurt her friends. None of which really jives with what we saw in"Red Handed," so maybe will get some explanation in her upcoming episode.

Edited by Gin and Tonic, Oct 23, 2012 @ 6:49 PM.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 5:06 PM

None of which really jives with what we say in "Red Handed," so maybe will get some explanation in her upcoming episode.

I think knowledge of it gives her control over it. One could say that if that were the case then Granny would have told her but Red never would have attacked anyone in the village if Granny had just told her (at least after the first death) so I don't think Granny ever would have told her if Snow didn't make her.

RocketScientist

RocketScientist

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 11:27 AM

Is it just me or does Meghan Ory look very thin (even gaunt in her face) when compared to last season?

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 8:55 PM

Is it just me or does Meghan Ory look very thin (even gaunt in her face) when compared to last season?

Honestly, they layered so much makeup on her for most of last season that it's hard for me to tell! She's also wearing her hair down way more this season, which might have an effect?

I think knowledge of it gives her control over it. One could say that if that were the case then Granny would have told her but Red never would have attacked anyone in the village if Granny had just told her (at least after the first death) so I don't think Granny ever would have told her if Snow didn't make her.

It's also possible that, unbeknownst to Granny, there are techniques that allow you to control the wolf with some practice. Like meditation exercises or the like. As at least a few months seemed to have passed between Red-Handed and 7:15 AM (which is, I believe, the next time chronologically we see Red), it's possible that she developed some control in those months.

I just had a horrible thought. I've always wondered why this Red seemed to be an orphan/live with Granny, but if being a wolf is hereditary, I wonder if one of Red's parents killed the other? I think I was happier not thinking about it!

toddringersdry

toddringersdry

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 25, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

I love me some Red. She's fearsome and kickbutt, but not in your standard always-pretty-yet-stong female heroine role.

What's amazing about her is that as of yet she hasn't been saddled with an OTP. Her love died, tragically.I'm super happy the show hasn't immediately given her someone new. Down the road it's inevitable but I'm glad they're taking their time.

nicole8705

nicole8705

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

What's amazing about her is that as of yet she hasn't been saddled with an OTP. Her love died, tragically.I'm super happy the show hasn't immediately given her someone new. Down the road it's inevitable but I'm glad they're taking their time.

I wholeheartedly agree and it is a big factor in why I love Red so much. It annoys me to no end that Emma's story arc has been touted so much in the press as being about suitors bringing down her walls. As if there isn't a full enough plate on her lap again lets deal with her love life because that's whats really interesting.

Edited by nicole8705, Oct 25, 2012 @ 3:29 PM.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Oct 25, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

Not to mention that if anyone should be bringing down Emma's walls, it's Snow and Charming. You know, her long-lost, desperately wished for parents. Not some random suitor(s). Now, with that said, I would love it if there were a parade of suitors that tried, and Emma kept steadfastly turning them away!

I keep wondering who amongst the current cast they would/could pair Red off with (as opposed to bringing on an entirely new character). The only really available and even semi-suitable male character seems to be human!Jiminy/Archie, but I'm just not sure those two are well-matched in terms of personality. I mean, I can see them bonding over the whole made-a-terrible-mistake, atone-for-it-daily thing, but past that, they seem to me to want very different things out of life in a way that would make building a relationship hard. Also their personalities are so different, and I'm not sure if it's in a complementary way. (I can't see her getting with Pinocchio once she finds out how he abandoned baby!Emma.) In terms of women, the only character who springs to mind is Mulan, but I would HATE for poor Red to be saddled with her!

Edited by stealinghome, Oct 25, 2012 @ 3:40 PM.

toddringersdry

toddringersdry

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 25, 2012 @ 5:29 PM

Would be weird if they paired her with someone on the show unless that someone's personality changed a bit. Okay, I'm thinking Dr. Whale might not be 100 percent awful if he were somehow made less horny. *g*

I also agree having Emma turn down a parade of suitors would be perfect, for the character, for the show.

Albion19

Albion19

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 30, 2012 @ 4:58 PM

It's a shame Graham died, he was kinda perfect for her and vice versa.