20-7: 2012.02.13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

246 replies to this topic

repag

repag

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 7:50 PM

like he said he was, but I didn't get the feeling from him that he was like wanting a wife.

Actually, I never thought of it this way, but even a guy who had real intentions for marriage would become a different person by virtue of living in the wake of the show. Who in their right mind, having been blessed with sudden fame, would waste the opportunity to just enjoy the benefits of celebrity while it lasts?

I am grossed out by how much I am waiting for tonight's show. Ew.

Some Random

Some Random

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

even a guy who had real intentions for marriage would become a different person by virtue of living in the wake of the show. Who in their right mind, having been blessed with sudden fame, would waste the opportunity to just enjoy the benefits of celebrity while it lasts?

Isn't that what happened with Bachelor Blob?

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 8:50 AM

Funny how Chris was insisting that TPTB chose Ben to be the Bachelor because he was ready to take the next step. Maybe Ben did take the whole Ashley rejection thing pretty hard and thought this will be his way of getting "revenge" - just play around and bang a model in the process.

I thought this before the season started, but decided to give Ben the benefit of the doubt. Now, I'm back to believing this. I think this season was all about promoting his business and boosting his ego after last season's rejection. There was an obnoxious clip in the promos (ultimately excluded from the first episode) where Ben thanked Ashley for rejecting him. Every time I saw it, I laughed and thought to myself that she's probably happy she didn't didn't pick him too -- and that was before the season even started and we got to see what a jackass he is.

I don't think Ben was ever serious about this, and all the women seem to be confirming it post-show. I know it's Harrison's job to try to convince us otherwise, but I think he actually made matters worse by proclaiming Ben "the most sincere Bachelor we've ever had" before the season started.

Tanyacita

Tanyacita

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 4:12 PM

Why does Lindzi always look either incredibly drunk, or about to fall asleep? Her eyes just perpetually look glazed over or cross-eyed, or something. She could also lay off the tanner and the extensions, and be the natural girl that she tries so hard to convince Ben she is. She seems like a nice girl and all, but she just bugs the hell out of me on screen. And then there's Courtney's baby voice, but at least she has more of a personality. Not that it's a great one...

repag

repag

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 6:13 PM

Wrong thread, sorry.

Edited by repag, Feb 21, 2012 @ 6:48 PM.

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 9:08 AM

I read Rachel's other exit interview... but this one, from the same site, seems new. I don't know why she got 2 interviews...

One interesting response to whether she saw any red flags (like Emily did):

Red flags. I sort of felt like -- I think when you're dating somebody, you want them to kind of woo you a little bit, you know? I always felt like I was having to plead my case to him or something like that. I sometimes didn't feel like he was really there with me -- like he was somewhere else or something.

I didn't get that attentiveness feeling from him sometimes. It just made me feel like he wasn't really into the date or something, and I don't know, I guess that could be a little bit of a red flag.

slowpoked

slowpoked

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

I don't know why she got 2 interviews...

It's probably just one long interview that they cut into 2 parts.