8-13: "The Ripple Effect" 2012.02.10

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4 replies to this topic

Mermaid Under

Mermaid Under

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 11:23 AM

When the CSIs investigate two seemingly unrelated deaths, their separate trails of evidence lead to a surprisingly connected conclusion.

So - if this is the last season, how does Sid becoming a multi-millionaire play into the exit story?
I kept wondering about the guy with the chain saw. They took their time getting around to that explanation.

Arnold Robinson

Arnold Robinson

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2012 @ 12:32 AM

You'd think there'd have been about a million calls to 911 about the crazy guy brandishing a chainsaw on the sidewalk and then cutting down a tree with it.
According to Google Maps, there is actually a 187th St. Stairs, but they don't seem anything like as long as they were shown on the show. And, even so, why did the dispatchers sent Mac and company to the top of the stairs, instead of to 187th and Overlook Terrace, at the bottom?

surprisingly connected conclusion.

Phooey. Just once, I'd like to see a CSI show where "seemingly unrelated cases" actually stay unrelated. They always overlap.

shapeshifter

shapeshifter

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 8:59 PM

And nobody cared that the tenants who gave money for "repairs" got evicted and will never see their money again since it went into the slumlord's account.

John Potts

John Potts

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

This seemed like an inferior version of that CSI:Vegas one where a student found in a dump turned out to be the result of a series of unfortunate accidents. But where that one was actually compelling and just about (in CSI terms, at least) plausible, this was far too full of WTF moments. Hunting with a bow & arrow in Central Park (or whatever park it was)! Sid is a millionaire! Bike theft with a chainsaw*!

And Gee, Sid, Get a Life! Even if you're that dedicated to not instantly quit your job, did you not think that buying a piano and putting it in the morgue was a bad idea? I'm sure all the folks working there will appreciate having to work around a grand piano - well, if they weren't too busy giving you lessons, that is.

* I actually looked up this to see if it was as unbelievable as i thought. According to my very brief research, it would cost about 100 (c $200) to hire a chainsaw for a week - exactly how many bikes was he planning on stealing to make that worthwhile? Assuming nobody noticed a guy going around with a chainsaw in the middle of NY, that is.

kwynne38

kwynne38

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 3:42 AM

I'm obviosly a bit slow since I didn't realise he cut the tree down to steal the bike, I thought he just stole the bike because it happened to be there, makes more sense now heh. Of course cutting a tree down is quite some effort even with a chainsaw, surely there are easier ways.