2-8: "Nebraska" 2012.02.12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

301 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

Fanatic

• Interests:Moderating

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 7:16 AM

Rick and the others try to restore order after a terrible discovery; Hershel takes up an old habit and disappears.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

Damn, when did Rick turn into Raylan Givens?
Well, it's one step forward, two steps back with this lot. As smart as Rick and Glenn were in sniffing out the Philly scumbags, Lori has to be a dumbass.

tracyKAY

tracyKAY

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

If there was any justice Ms Sanctimonious Lori would get bit.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

There were actually some pretty effective quiet moments and conversations in this episode, which is an improvement. The overhead shot of the end of the funeral was great, and I loved Shane trying to connect with Carol. I was also glad to get a Glenn/Rick scene again, finally, and I thought Herschel's monologuing was more powerful than it could have been. But of course, the series is at its best when things actually happen, so the ending was the best part.

Lori can't do anything right. It's bad enough they make her so unlikable; why do they have to make her a fuck-up?

Timetoread

Timetoread

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

I hate Lori. I hope she's dead. Dale too.

Moosejaw

Moosejaw

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Anyone else half expecting the dead guys to rise up as walkers after Rick shot them? Of course, they both died of head shots so we don't know for sure that dead people rise up as walkers without being bitten.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Aaaand Rick is not to be fucked with. Still don't give a damn about Glenn and Maggie, T-Dog is still criminally underused, and Shane is still a punk.

Daryl had the best line of the night - "Look, Olive Oyl!" - hahahaha!

How can these idiots not know Beth got bit? Seriously, there's like 5 people in the room, and nobody floats that as a possibility? Really?

So now that we know Fort Benning is overrun by lame brains aka walkers, I wonder if Stupid still wants to run over there. Rick wanting to keep the peace with Hershel - brilliant. I'd forgotten Lori was preggz. I still can't stand her, but come the hell on, she's not going to hit a walker and flip a car. The writers seem to have love for Andrea, but any other woman on this show gets made to look annoying, stupid, and a liability.

cosmictwang

cosmictwang

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

How can these idiots not know Beth got bit? Seriously, there's like 5 people in the room, and nobody floats that as a possibility? Really?

In the first episode (I watched the marathon) random never-to-be-encountered-again dude kept asking if Rick got scratched. That walker had a pretty good grip on her wrists.

Lolhat12

Lolhat12

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

Lori...Rick haven't even been gone for a hour and I lol at your rescue mission of fail. I hope somebody punch that smug look off Shane face.

Whoa Rick you surprise me with you cold bloodiness at the end. I feel it was the right thing to do in a kill or be kill dog eat dog sort of situation you are in now. But wow you show awesomeness tonight.

Edited by Lolhat12, Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:50 PM.

SDcat2009

SDcat2009

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

It's about time someone called Lori on her bullshit. Go Darryl!! So now can we finally officially refer to Lori as Olive Oyl? For her to say he was selfish is by far the STUPIDEST thing she has ever said, IMO.

I was kind of sad that Michael James-Raymond was so briefly used. I love that actor. And think he would be a brilliant addition to the cast full time.

So Andrea - Why do only the walkers that had people love them get buried? That's pretty messed up IMO and rather bigoted in a way. Might be a little smarter if they just burned all walkers.

I really hope Lori doesn't survive the car wreck.

And I'm guessing Hershel's daughter was bit. And how that doesn't occur to them tells me they didn't listen to anything the CDC guy explained to them about how getting bit works.

Edited by SDcat2009, Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:14 PM.

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Kind of irritated that I have to watch Kevin Smith's show until the first commercial break to see scenes from next week.

I hope Lori is dead, but I know she'll be alive in kicking. Heck, she probably won't eve be badly injuried and manage not to miscarry. I wonder what she thought she'd accomplish going on there alone without anyone knowing? It's just her doing yet another stupid thing again and I don't feel for her one bit.

maderas

maderas

Channel Surfer

I was groaning inwardly when the Philly Douchebags showed up thinking Rick was going to make a dumb, naive mistake and screw everything up. Was pleasantly surprised when he busted out Ye Olde Python and casually dusted them both.

Phan

Phan

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

So Sophia represented hope for the non-zombified; I got that vibe last season and was happy the show went there a bit more explicitly, despite the complaints that the first half of the season was slow paced. I'm interested in how Carol's going to develop.

Also, how the fuck don't they realize the step-daughter is going to become a zombie? Haven't they seen people turn by now? I remember the guy who the Atlanta crew left on the road to turn when they went to the CDC. Oy.

I don't want to pile all the HATE onto one character, but seriously, fucking Lori Grimes: "How can you be so selfish and not go looking for MY husband when I demand it?!" Jeez. Then she crashes a car.

Speaking of lamebrains, I'm wondering if the whole bar scene was an allegory of the "clear and present danger" doctrine. Maybe I'm reading too deeply, since a Zomb-pocalypse is a world with no rules, but it crossed my mind. The lamebrain duo was pretty stupid in threatening them; how were they planning on finding the farm if they killed Rick, Glenn, and Hershel?

Edited by Phan, Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:13 PM.

casey22

casey22

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

I didn't get the Shane/Carol scene. Were we supposed to feel bad for Shane and say awwww see he is human? It didn't work for me at all. Still hate him. There was not enough Daryl but he did get the best line. Olive Oly! BWAH. Holy crap Rick has lost it. One minute he is talking to those guys and next boom! I hope Lori dies. What a stupid bitch for calling Daryl selfish. The man is the least selfish person of the group. Lori die!

Edited by casey22, Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:13 PM.

minamurray78

minamurray78

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

Carl's delusional. Did he say he thought he'd be the one to find her? Someone should make tghat kid is not running a fever.

Damn Rick. Go you.

patty1h

patty1h

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

My stomach knotted up in that last scene with the new people. The menace just oozed off those two and I was sick with the thought of them possibility taking over the farm. The walkers are bad but these "pirates" disrupting the little peace the survivors had made me sad and scared. The one asking about 'cooze' was so creepy. I can only imagine what would happen if they infiltrated the farm. On the other hand, Shane would have gone medieval at the first sign of shenanigans from those clowns.

It was a relief when Rick took them out (though it was good seeing Rene from True Blood for a few minutes).

Edited to add: Carol's speech about Sophia brought tears to my eyes. I fear she may not be long for this world.

Edited by patty1h, Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:22 PM.

SDcat2009

SDcat2009

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

Damn, when did Rick turn into Raylan Givens?

Heh! I thought the same thing. That was all kinds of badass.

Timetoread

Timetoread

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

Also wanted to add that I am firmly team Shane. Though it was nice to see Rick come out of la la land and deal with the situation in a non-pussified manner. The last scene was full of win.

Moosejaw

Moosejaw

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

Didn't the new people just finish saying that they were part of a larger group? Now that they're dead, Rick and the others have no way of knowing how many of them there are or where they were camped.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

Really tired of this show's formula of being a total snoozefest for the entire show, then interesting in the last 5 minutes. I think I'll stop watching the first 50 minutes from now on.

I guess it goes without saying that Lori is an idiot. She sends Rick after Hershal, and then within an hour or less wants to send someone after rick. It's like the woman who swallowed a fly, perhaps she'll die.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

Didn't the new people just finish saying that they were part of a larger group? Now that they're dead, Rick and the others have no way of knowing how many of them there are or where they were camped.

Shoot first, ask questions later. I love how Rick gave Tony another one, just to make sure. And he didn't even blink.

Souvien

Souvien

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

Good gawd the Farm period cannot end soon enough! Moreover, whomever at AMC thought of holding the next episode scenes until commercial break for that Kevin Smith crapfest really needs to be feed to walkers!

Edited by Souvien, Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:28 PM.

BtvsVamp

BtvsVamp

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

Eh I don't think Beth was bit, I truly believe she is just in shock about the whole thing. I guess she could've been scratched but we don't know if that's enough to get a person sick yet. Guess we'll find out.

Was happy Rick killed the douchebags.

Some of these people are becoming so desensitized to all the death. Andrea casually walking over to pick up an arm and choosing to ride in the back seat with all the corpses rather than be in the passenger seat.

Why is everyone always talking about the farm and it's slow story progression? Do we want to see them all in the trailer every episode stopping periodically to kill walkers that are on the road? Season 1 was setup in camp for 5 episodes while they ran back and forth to Atlanta. The formula seems the same to me.

Edited by BtvsVamp, Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:32 PM.

Sophist

Sophist

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:33 PM

Now that they're all OK with dead people, they need to embrace nudity and strip for signs of bites whenever they get into a scrap with a zombie. That girl is probably bit. I don't think you suddenly develop a high fever from shock. I've got to say, though, it takes (stupid) guts to stomp on a zombie's head, so good for you, T-Dog or whoever did it. That said, I know it's hot but I would be wearing boots all the time. Do not want zombies nibbling on toes.

I guess hitting a walker is the post-apocalyptic version of hitting a deer. I remember thinking when Lori was driving (after Daryl's brilliant fuck-you speech) that she needed to a) tell someone where she was going b) to close the windows and c) a navigator. I guess I'm smarter than Lori, though that is a very low bar. Also, way to help out with digging the graves, Olive Oyl.

Good shooting, Rick. And nice to see his cop background - he had those guys made immediately. I think they were BSing about traveling with a group, but who knows?

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

• Interests:Ennui, regret and baseball. And I do love an ellipses...

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

Damn poor Andrea and T Bone worked like dogs this episode.

I liked the aerial shot of the three graves with poor Sophia's being noticeably smaller. Nicely done.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

I didn't see her get bit and I'd think they would have been the first thought. I wonder if she was scratched? Or if it's possible to get the fever just by being in close proximity? Of course that wouldn't make sense since Andrea, T-Dog and Shane were constantly touching the dead walkers.

Wow Lori is just so pointless, she's just in the show for Rick/Shane angst at this point. Now it's all going to be what happened to Lori and boohoo Daryl shouldn't have made the useless princess do anything.

I seriously need Dale to get killed that buy eyed stare is starting to freak me out. I kind of wished Rick had dumped Dale on the Philly crew that would have been hilarious for 5 min before they killed him.

Anyone from Philly? I swore that accent sounded more NY than Philly but I could be wrong it's been years since I lived in that area.

Good episode back, glad Rick didn't fall for the Philly gang's talk. And damn impressed with the quick draw act Rick had going on. Although WTF? Glenn, you're sitting there with a shot gun and didn't have Rick's back...dude, not right.

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

We had to wait this long for THIS? Come on, show.

minamurray78

minamurray78

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

Didn't the new people just finish saying that they were part of a larger group?

They could've been lying. Anyway I think Rick was right to off them when he did. They where dangerous, a minute away from getting violent, and as many walkers as Glenn might have shot, he was still not quite ready for this. It was basically up to Rick to deal with their threat and he took advantage of maybe the last chance to surprise them before they got subdued.

Also, lol Olive Oyl.

If Beth turns out to be burning with the fever of zombie infection, they all deserve to get bitten. I mean they all saw her get grabbed by zombie mom, so I'm assuming they checked her for scratches, non? Yeah right.

ETA: in the pilot, Morgan said not to got bitten or scratched, so I take it a scratch'll do the trick.

Edited by minamurray78, Feb 12, 2012 @ 11:24 PM.

HWavoidance

HWavoidance

Couch Potato

• Interests:Writing, museums, rock concerts, bad puns, good coffee, wine, fangirling ;), Philadelphia, and the increasingly rare good, scripted tv show.

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

I continue to cringe at how nobody ever wears gloves when handling walkers. Genre blindness to the nth degree. Definitely think Beth is a walker in the making. Fuck Olive Oyl, the only reason I'm glad she was on is so she can get her new nickname. Thank you, Daryl. Hope she's dead but life is not that kind. Shane actually made me believe he was still in possession of some humanity, kudos to Jon Bernthal. Definitely a strong showing for the second half of the season.

Also, as a Philly native, I have to ask where in New York the actor thinks Philly is. Sounded like he might have been trying for South Philly, but he ended up somewhere in Brooklyn.

Edited by HWavoidance, Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:47 PM.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

They could've been lying. Anyway I thin k Rick was right to off them when he did.

Agreed but I now wonder if there's going to be a farm war? Farm peeps vs. Phily crew, in a steel cage death match!