Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis

• Please log in to reply

586 replies to this topic

psychoticstate

psychoticstate

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 9:42 PM

Kroliosis, I watched the episode again and watched the credits twice. No mention of the materials used. :(

I would check Bravo's website or see if you can email them to ask. Good luck!

Katgrrl

Katgrrl

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 2:18 AM

I really enjoyed Jeff's honest responses to Sir Dicksalot and his attitude. I used to love a bowtie on a man and made the mistake of mentioning this to my psychotic ex. He took on all my style preferences for men and now I have an instant knee jerk reaction to a man with one. I really disliked Adam intensely. It was depressing to watch Yvonne basically beg that dickbag for any sort of forward momentum in their relationshit, seriously.

Adam is never going to commit to any woman, ever. He's going to ride his stupid damn skateboard with his stupid bowties and age inappropriate behaviour until the cows come home. I really hope she has packed up her three dresses and left for good. Let Adumb trot the dicks out and watch tv in his bedroom like a teen living in his parent's house.

I dated a guy like him. He was a DJ a few years past his prime and thought he was King Shit. He cheated on me and had the gall to trot her out in front of me before telling me he had cheated. 15 years later he tells me that he always felt like we'd find our way back to each other and that we were perfect for each other. He taught me that if a man won't introduce you to his friends and give you space for your toothbrush and a change of clothes then it's a good idea not to get into his bed.

Yvonne should run for the hills, or in this case down the hill.

LLC

LLC

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 8:24 AM

Yvonne should run for the hills, or in this case down the hill.

Lmao. Tuck & roll all the way down to a full fledged sprint into sanity.

midvale

midvale

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 11:00 PM

Never before have I watched a show like this and thought that there was absolutely NO intimacy between these two people. Before Jeff even entered the picture, when the couple was being introduced, I doubted their "relationship". Their relationship is forced and false.

Adam has no interest in being anything more than friends with Yvonne. Yvonne is desperate to make them a couple, but it ain't happening.

Edited by midvale, May 6, 2012 @ 11:40 PM.

pasdetrois

pasdetrois

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:40 AM

This was the most fake epi yet. On and on about how Adam wouldn't commit to Yvonne. Between jokes, confrontations and asides, I bet they mentioned it 15 times. I desperately watched for any hint of actual design.

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

Jeff (without Jennie) guest hosted on The Revolution today and I thought he did a pretty good job until he slipped and compared the pet expert he and one of the other hosts were talking with to the houseboy in The Birdcage, lol.

gazerguy

gazerguy

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 7:32 PM

Oops! Never watched Revolution but it must be depressing to host a cancelled show. Kinda' like doing mop-up relief work as a baseball pitcher. JMHO.

BTW, whatever happened to that daily talk show gig Jeff supposedly scored? Thought that was a go. Everyone and anyone does a talk show now -

Jessie Q

Jessie Q

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

Adam totally reminded me of Dudley Moore's character in "Foul Play." I kept picturing the bedroom scene at 5:15 when Adam said that's the room where they entertained.

Edited by Jessie Q, May 8, 2012 @ 8:16 PM.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 12:54 AM

Jeff (without Jennie) guest hosted on The Revolution today and I thought he did a pretty good job until he slipped and compared the pet expert he and one of the other hosts were talking with to the houseboy in The Birdcage, lol.

Yes, I'm just checking out the recorded epis and he's there, he's everywhere!! Everyone is so serious on the show and Jeff is like a much-needed injection of humor and life! I loved when he asked "Dr. Jen" if "wanting to look at breasts a lot meant he was a heterosexual"!!! She was stumped. And he dissed Ty's necklaces too as being too retro! He and Tim do pretty well though.

I realize the show is cancelled, but I wondered if they were giving Jeff a try to see if changing someone might save it. Jeff really has the talent to do pretty much anything. He has a natural presence on TV that networks cast and cast and cast for, but there's only one Jeff!

For anyone who enjoys Jeff, try to watch The Revolution, it's like a Jeff-stravaganza!

lighthouser41

lighthouser41

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 1:14 PM

Adam totally reminded me of Dudley Moore's character in "Foul Play." I kept picturing the bedroom scene at 5:15 when Adam said that's the room where they entertained.

I totally remember that movie, character. Does that make me an old? Adam does remind me of Dudley Moore.

jengtown

jengtown

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

Jeff seemed to really dislike Gretchen last night. It seems like in every house there is one person who is being bulldozed and he sides with that person. But the end result of the house was gorgeous, especially the bedroom.

diydude

diydude

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 5:06 PM

Feeling very formulaic to me. Create drama with one partner, typically the dominant one. Clash over the clean-out phase and reno choices. Token appearance by Zoila. Goof around w/Jenni and Zoila. Push contractor as needed to meet ridiculous (faux?) 2 day deadline. Smiles and happiness all around after Jeff designs the room to his taste. The End.

Katgrrl

Katgrrl

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 4:53 AM

For me, as formulaic as the show may be, I love Jeff and will take him any which way I can get him and as much as I can.

I asked my boyfriend early in the evening last night if he minded if I put on IT while we ate dinner and he said, "You know I don't like these kinds of shows but I know how much you love that guy, so put it on." It says a lot to me that he sat through the entire episode, laughed along with me and didn't wander off to stare at wallpaper at any point.

WTF was with that bed? Where would someone even get something like that? It was like a set piece from the Friendly Giant (canadian kid's show?). WHY???? Seems like everyone has those oversized overstuffed sofas that one can purchase from a Persian furniture store on this series. I really enjoyed every single piece of the reno BUT for the light fixture over the dining table. My boyfriend (who has little interest in decorations) pointed out that even though the fixture seemed to sort of fit the aesthetic if he'd had to live with that he'd have ended up just staring at it and hating it and I had to agree. Weird choice for Jeff.

As each episode airs seems like Jeff's limit as to the amount of bullshit/scripted/faked drama draws shorter and shorter. I can not tell a lie...Jeff swearing and losing his shit is something I enjoy. I also enjoy the horseplay as well because I really just enjoy Jeff, Jenny and Zoila interacting. All that's missing are the pets.

MacMom

MacMom

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 5:35 AM

I felt for the contractor: he was being pushed, hard, to finish the reno. Watching Jennie and Jeff act like fools when he knew that at any moment, Jeff would be back to business giving him grief for not being done would be hard to take. And I agree about the dining room light fixture. UUGGGLLLYYY.

Katgrrl

Katgrrl

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 5:45 PM

I thought for sure that contractor would be fired or that Jeff would lose his shit on him, but it was very enjoyable for me to see him stand up to Jeff.

What's more, I loved the way he scolded them for behaving like children while Jeff stood there looking like a child in his wet shirt and then told them to play outside.

This show is causing me to overuse the word 'enjoy'.

WhatCanISay

WhatCanISay

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

This show is really terrible. The concept of "interior therapy" just doesn't work. Jeff Lewis has lost his edge. Zoila doesn't belong with the current premise.

I'd rather BRAVO bring back another installment of Housewives of DC or Miami than this mess.

von1974

von1974

Video Archivist

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 4:43 PM

I was more annoyed by Yvonne than Adam because she seemed more about the house than him. Clearly he was a jerk and had no intererst in advancing their relationship but what exactly did she see in him anyway? Was it the house? It was a nice house, esp. after the reveal but it seems a little out of the way. I just think that if Yvonne should realize that if she has to push that much then it's just not meant to be. She can do better.

diydude

diydude

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 6:33 PM

Agree, WhatCanISay, the concept is very weak. Nothing's going to change for these people b/c of a 5 day renovation and the magic of appearing in a few scenes w/Jeff Lewis. Well, they'll get a few rooms decorated in Jeff's style (usually nice, contemporary) plus a big tax bill but other than that - does anyone realistically believe that last dw stopped b*ing at her dh or what's his name stopped being a d* to Yvonne? Well, Yvonne and the other guy let it happen but that's another discussion -

Detest the obligatory Zoila scenes, too. Her shtick is old and tired. Can't see any major reason for her presence on set, either. I'm sure they have plenty of assistants plus other grunts to do the minor clean-up as they finish the load-in.

Not a Bravo fan so won't be watching any housewives or Andy Cohen's shtick, either. Hoping that FO isn't a disappointment this season. Well, it's losing its edge, too.

All of the above, IMHO.

ccridernyc

ccridernyc

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

I only caught the last 45 min of the Gretchen show. I kept wondering whatever went down in the beginning to cause this vehement dislike? Man, when Jeff gets a bee in his bonnet over somebody he really spirals himself into a tizzy.

cyberfruit

cyberfruit

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 2:45 AM

Yeah, I didn't understand the actual hatred Jeff had for Gretchen. Yeah, she was both controlling and passive aggressive (to Jeff); yes, her taste in decor is sorely lacking; yes, she was whiny, but damn, he was going full force after day one. It was rather ridiculous.

sunrisepink

sunrisepink

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 12:00 PM

I got a slight gaydar reading on Gretchen's husband.

hatchetgirl

hatchetgirl

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 2:57 PM

I think Zoila is in this show because Jeff added her in so she could make money too. With all he says about her, he definitely seems to care about her and I would imagine wants her to have as much savings as possible. I kinda like thinking that way at least. :)

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 6:13 PM

hatchetgirl I thought the same thing so even tho Zoila isn't a fit for the show I get it or at least, like you, I think I do.

hatefake

hatefake

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

Gretchen wasn't just whiny or passive aggressive, she was a smart ass to Jeff. She kept bringing that garbage back into the house after he probably spent several hours with her the night before talking about what they will give to charity. She reneged and he called her out on not just that, but her horrible taste as well.

Her husband is a complete wimp. My goodness, how could he stand there and say nothing. Like most of the women on this show, SHE wore the pants in the relationship, while the men just seem happy to have a woman in their lives. Los Angeles is a very hard place to date and/or meet someone, so many people wind up settling for anything barely decent or they're like the "life coach" and never truly cut off their old lover, while he or she is happily dating others.

Gretchen was upset, because Jeff told her straight out her taste was garbage. He didn't lie or kiss her ass like her fake LA friends would. He didn't have to. He had WORK TO DO and she was wasting his time.

Edited by hatefake, May 13, 2012 @ 11:40 PM.

weaverhi

weaverhi

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 12:59 PM

Feeling very formulaic to me. Create drama with one partner, typically the dominant one. Clash over the clean-out phase and reno choices. Token appearance by Zoila. Goof around w/Jenni and Zoila. Push contractor as needed to meet ridiculous (faux?) 2 day deadline. Smiles and happiness all around after Jeff designs the room to his taste. The End.

The show is getting more and more formulaic. I thought this week's was particularly bad. Really didn't think Gretchen was all that recalcitrant, seeing as she went through her whole wardrobe in one day, plus furniture and other stuff. I don't think the husband really gave a darn about the furniture, it was just all part of the script that he'd say he didn't like it.

Who can get furniture, floors, contractors, etc in one day. I'd like to see some real design and thought. Focus less on the so called psychological problems.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

So did anyone watch the season finale?

I only half assed it and missed the beginning. Imagine my surprise that Paul Reiser was on this dog and pony show. Only to find it was someone named Mark. I know I've seen him before, but can't figure out where.

Honestly glad it's over - bring back Flipping Out.

bataviaduo

bataviaduo

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 2:08 PM

That was Mark DiCarlo. He had a travel/food show on either Travel Channel or food Network some years ago. I only remember him because he is local to my area.

sunrisepink

sunrisepink

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 7:31 PM

I thought the Mark DiCarlo episode was far too trepidatious for a season finale. Jeff enters the scene, his "biggest challenge yet" due to the fact that nothing can be changed, and his response is to..install a hot tub in the back yard and add some plants? Weird. Just weird. Mark didn't have to compromise at all (you know his stupid weights - which he obviously doesn't use - were out on the patio within a week) and the girlfriend was thrilled to get a free hot tub. That's it?

When Mark handed Jeff the list of "requests" I expected him to ball it up and throw it away - instead he complied. wtf?

runner510

runner510

Channel Surfer

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

This finale was a snooze-fest. I did notice that the Paul Reiser look-alike mentioned his “book” a few times, and there were some camera shots of it, so that is my guess as to why he appeared on the show. Oh, and also so that he and his girlfriend could get a new (and large) hot tub in the newly landscaped back yard.

diydude

diydude

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

Never believed the 5 day routine so don't understand why they apparently didn't even consider building the spa in place. If the guy's such a greenie - it could have been accomplished in a far more efficient manner. Guess they had to have the ridiculous crane drama.

ITA - it was about the book. Old joke but I still appreciated Jeff's punchline about borrowing Mark's clothes.

JMHO, as usual.

Edited by diydude, May 24, 2012 @ 9:36 PM.