Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis

• Please log in to reply

586 replies to this topic

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 4:41 PM

I really don't care that Gage isn't in this, but does anybody know if they're still together?

According to what he said yesterday, yes. And Jenny is getting married this year I think, I only found out she was engaged yesterday. I can't remember when FO usually airs, but I imagine we'll see Gage and Jeff (and the rest) living/working in the new/old house.

psychoticstate

psychoticstate

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 6:02 PM

I enjoyed this. It was relatively mindless fluff and it worked for me, in general.

The wife was an absolute BOW (bitch on wheels) who redefined selfish for me. I was really itching for the husband to tell her off. How he can stand living with someone that self-absorbed is beyond me. He must work a lot.

Agree with others that I cannot imagine taking a bedroom (no matter how small) away from one child and then expecting two kids to share a bedroom. That is ludicrous. But I suppose no more ludicrous than this couple giving the master bedroom to their son (and then complaining about it). Who does that? Why didn't they put the son in the bedroom they chose to begin with? It boggles the mind.

Thrilled to see Zoila. The only thing that would make it complete for me was if Zoila had shown up with Monkey. I need Monkey.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 6:52 PM

Why didn't they put the son in the bedroom they chose to begin with? It boggles the mind.

Because the room they chose had a larger closet off the bathroom, not that she still wasn't taking up her sons closet but that seemed to be the stated reason.

The thing I thought that was weird about making the girls share is that there was still a guest room downstairs that the husband used to use to get ready in the morning, so why the son couldn't move down there is beyond me. Maybe the girls wanted to share a room.

fostersmom

fostersmom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 7:12 PM

So what happens when these people want to move? I'm thinking it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to get the headboard back down the steps than it was to get it up, not to mention having to knock more holes into walls. I'm thinking the final results would involve a saw, a few hefty bags, and a new headboard.

The wife was a controlling bitch, I got a gay vibe from the husband, but the kids were cute.

But I suppose no more ludicrous than this couple giving the master bedroom to their son (and then complaining about it). Who does that? Why didn't they put the son in the bedroom they chose to begin with? It boggles the mind.

The rooms would have made more sense when the kids were babies, the other room would be a nursery and it would have been easier and super convenient.

missy jo

missy jo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 7:24 PM

I can't believe he chose hand-cut marble tiles for the shower design for that amount of time

It was THE most time-consuming tile design possible! There are lots of other gorgeous tile configurations that could have been done with less time/hassle.

I still love Jeff. I saw some genuine moments, like when he distracted the wife from going in and seeing the third leak. He was overjoyed telling the workers what he had just pulled off, and his face was purple, so I think that was a "real" moment.

raiderred

raiderred

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:57 PM

The wife was a controlling bitch, I got a gay vibe from the husband, but the kids were cute.

I agree with all these.

I have always loved FO but this show seemed so scripted. I did laugh at a few things that Jeff said to the kids, ie, "boarding school" and "the magazine".

DebbieM

DebbieM

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 11:31 PM

Thank you! I don't mind her 'rapping' for Watch What Happens Live,' but no way can I hear this promo again without getting stabby.

I can't stand her little jingles that are used on WWHL. I find them really annoying, and I just don't see what her talent is or what's appealing about her. Other than I guess maybe knowing how to deal with Jeff, which on second thought is quite a big thing.

This was show was okay, but not great. Too predictable and not really about design or anal Jeff, and Zoila was just kind of thrown in. I think time will tell, so I'm trying not to judge it too quickly. I think Jeff in his own environment and being in charge brings out the most entertainment. I didn't love seeing him cowering and worrying so much that the bitch wife would be mad. It went beyond wanting to please the client and seemed very out of character for him, IMO.

pez10s

pez10s

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 12:21 AM

I hated pretty much everybody on the show except for the kids. I've never liked Jeff but I was hoping that maybe this vehicle would present him as less of a douche than he was on FO. I should've known that would never happen.

The woman? Oh my God, what a controlling bitch. How is anybody so self-centered that they'd take a bedroom away from their child and turn it into a display space for their purses and shoes? Nobody needs so many clothes that they force their husband out of his own bedroom.

The whole conceit of doing the makeover in 5 days is stupid. All of that "Oh my God, are we going to get finished in time" false drama gets on my nerves. Of course it's going to be finished in time. Also, the couple was getting half their upstairs remodeled in 5 days - did they honestly expect that it would happen without any complications?

I hate that they do renovations for such obnoxiously rich people. For once it would be nice to see somebody in Van Nuys or Northridge get a home renovation, instead of rich people from Brentwood or the Hollywood Hills who could afford the remodeling without being on a TV show.

Edited by pez10s, Mar 16, 2012 @ 12:23 AM.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 1:02 AM

Did they not make over the kids' new rooms? Just move the furniture in there? Agreed the new bedroom was blah but the wife was devoid of color so not too surprising the only color was a navy headboard.

OrangeClockwork

OrangeClockwork

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 2:53 AM

Ouch. Major downgrade from Flipping Out. There are a million makeover shows.

The homeowners yapping about the alarm going off was embarrassingly rehearsed and scripted and badly "acted."

Some of the worst "pretend to be outraged at the manufactured drama" acting I've seen yet on a reality show.

SoCal30

SoCal30

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 11:34 AM

Does Jenni always wear black and white? I thought she wore outfits with more color in FO.

sunrisepink

sunrisepink

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

I can't stand her little jingles that are used on WWHL. I find them really annoying, and I just don't see what her talent is or what's appealing about her.

I loved during the last season's reunion show when Jeff was like "It's not that I hate your rapping, I just don't understand why you keep TALKING about it and don't just DO it? I've had to hear about this for 5 years now so where's the freakin record?" Way to call her out lol.

Loved that they created little "errands" for Zoila just to bring her on the show. Zoila's never had anything to do with Jeff's design business in the past but I think they knew the show wouldn't work without her.

I have a question: where did Jeff and Jenni sleep while they were there? Why didn't we get any scenes of them having breakfast or dinner with the family? I think the element of them moving in to complete the work and forming a bond with the family is underdeveloped. I thought the whole point was that Jeff and Jenni were supposed to get more "personal" with their clients (hence the "therapy" in the title) and help them work out their issues.

ETA: Straight from Jeff's blog - "Once the kids went to sleep, Felice and I let loose over a bottle of wine (or two) and I began to understand her." Why didn't we get to see this kind of stuff? The cameras were there in the evening..

Edited by sunrisepink, Mar 16, 2012 @ 12:03 PM.

JoannKB

JoannKB

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 12:27 PM

I have a question: where did Jeff and Jenni sleep while they were there?

This confused me, too. The family didn't go to a hotel until the final night, so it was implied that Jeff, Jenny and all 5 family members were staying at the house, plus the workers who were working through the night. So where in the world was everyone sleeping, given that one of the bedrooms was completely off limits because of the work being done on the floors?

I have a feeling that house had more bedrooms than they mentioned, or maybe a guest house or something.

teddysmom

teddysmom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

I agree about the increased amount of false drama on this one vs. Flipping Out. Good lord I had a faulty smoke alarm once, and steam from taking a shower would set it off. Nobody had a nervous breakdown, I just flipped on the a/c and hit the button and it stopped.

People that live in Brentwood, with that kind of money - I'd be embarrassed if my bedrooms & bathrooms looked like that. I live in a 600 sf apartment and my bedroom looks nicer than theirs did before the makeover

They did not order and purchase all that furniture and get it in five days.

Who has their bathroom completely remodeled and not realize that there will be some water leaking at some point.

Do not like this as much as Flipping Out.

Elliot52

Elliot52

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 8:20 PM

Who did the kitchen remodel? Because there were a lot of shabby things with that one.
No built in microwave!
The tile work on one of the corners by the sink I think, was just horrible. Would have driven my Engineer husband nuts. Probably more tile etc.... screw ups in the kitchen that we did not see.

I can see unexpensive remodels all day long on the HGTV shows.
Jeff should continue doing the Beverly Hills etc remodels.

Maybe he will do one for Ken and Lisa VanderPump! Sounds like they are friends.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

Who did the kitchen remodel? Because there were a lot of shabby things with that one.

The downstairs was remodeled by the homeowners.

PhillipKyler

PhillipKyler

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 8:52 PM

Really enjoyed the show. My only criticism is that it appears they only remodel rich people's homes. Next week they remodel a room where the owner spent 200K on a rug...

Why not choose people who have little money? It's not like they don't have personalities. Also, the husband reminded me of the in the closet gays that marry women and have a family. Hmm.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

Why assume that this was free to the couple? Isn't Jeff still in business?

Those people had a lot of luggage for one night at the hotel.

PhillipKyler

PhillipKyler

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 11:09 PM

I just assumed Bravo foots the bill. Probably working around a $10K-20K budget, they could afford to send the family to a hotel.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

These shows very, didnt they only put them up for one night in two hotel rooms, hardly a huge expense. It wouldn't surprise me if bravo paid for labor and the homeowners paid for the materials.

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

I don't know why but I had the impression that the homeowners really were clients but asked to be on the show. I bet they got a bit of fame, Jeff's services, a few of the featured items comped and an impossibly quick and really desirable time frame. They probably paid for everything else and Jeff worked with their budget. Bravo doesn't really give away much.

Persnickety13

Persnickety13

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 12:56 AM

This was show was okay, but not great. Too predictable and not really about design or anal Jeff, and Zoila was just kind of thrown in. I think time will tell, so I'm trying not to judge it too quickly. I think Jeff in his own environment and being in charge brings out the most entertainment.

I agree 100%. Perhaps because I'm self-employed and work from home, I really missed the dynamic of seeing the happenings and daily routines at the "office." I loved the chatter over lunch at the dining room table, too.

I'm trying to give this show a shot, but I really miss the FO format.

diydude

diydude

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

This probably wins the award as most boring thing we've seen in ages. The couple was completely unlikable, and Jeff acted disinterested, as if he didn't care to be there. (Speaking of acting, can you name anything with more bad acting? Ready to scream when they refused to take the camera off dh with his mouth open.) Was never clear on the sleeping arrangements so they must have simply filmed a scene or two to faux that.

Didn't follow the therapy theme, either. So, Jeff redecorates your home and presto, chango, you reconnect with your spouse?? Besides that, felt as if Jenni showed up to put in some time and collect a paycheck. Had no clue why they needed the token Zoila appearance. (If she's going to appear, it needs to make sense, IMHO.)

Amazing to read all the comments about the reshuffling of the bedrooms. Not that old but don't have any problem with kids sharing a room for a year or two. Kids don't have some kind of divine right to their own bedroom or a certain amount of s.f. In fact, IMHO, parents should assign them a room and make it clear they're living in their parents' home, following their rules. Parents s/b parents. Plus, with any luck that will encourage kids to exit when appropriate, instead of doing the boomarang routine. (Don't misinterpret that - as family, they're welcome back, if they truly need financial assistance.)

In fact, the little girls probably wanted to share a room at their ages. If Jeff's diagram was approximately to scale, the girls' room appeared slightly larger than the boy's new room. It makes perfect sense for the kids to use the J&J bathroom. The girls will split up in a few years, when their brother moves downstairs. The parents probably didn't want him isolated at the tender, critical age of 12. (Besides, he was a little slow to pick up on the magazine line, too. His cute sister had to explain it to him.)

The space plan appeared obvious and we didn't believe that Jeff provided anything earth-shattering. The couple suggested themselves that they needed to use the master. It's not unusual to have his/hers closets in masters. Agree, the small bedroom could be a nice nursery for someone but it's more valuable as a closet, IMHO. The room itself didn't appear that large so why not provide ample closet space and upgrade the bathroom? An upgraded master suite will definitely enhance the value of their home and is appropriate for the neighborhood. (BTW, agree, these people truly need the freebie, right?)

That said, Jeff's bedroom design didn't do anything for me, either. Big TV - boring. (Curious if the husband now needs treatment after watching that thing sideways, adjustment arm or not. And, why couldn't it be placed straight ahead?) The whole can't get the headboard or mattress or other furniture piece up the stairs drama is so old and tired. Gee, Jeff - you ought to know better at this stage in your career! How about purchasing a similar headboard with 3 sections or filming a lovely diy moment with them, making it themselves, lol. Not much there - they never showed the kids' final rooms so assuming nothing was done.

Didn't catch WWHL. So far, it sounds like Jeff talked about shampoo bottles and mentioned Gage's still around. Anything else? No new aby? (Incidentally, didn't care for the juvenile fragrance game, either. That was their best Jeff & Jenni scene?) We'll see if IT improves but IDK. I'll be surprised, if it does. For one thing, wouldn't you lead off a new series with one of your best episodes?

Edited by diydude, Mar 17, 2012 @ 12:55 PM.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 3:46 PM

Felice bugged me - and so did the bad acting. The biggest thing that bugged - seeing them putting away their clothes AT THE HOTEL they were only staying in for one night. Who does this for one night - plus that bitch probably has the human condom for germs when in hotels (not that I don't also have a fear of germs and bedbugs when in hotels).

And seriously - trying to make us believe either one of them wants to boom boom in the boom boom room? Puhlease

Edited by shopper gal, Mar 17, 2012 @ 3:49 PM.

walnutqueen

walnutqueen

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 4:49 PM

And seriously - trying to make us believe either one of them wants to boom boom in the boom boom room? Puhlease

Hard to imagine these two procreating without the aid of copious amounts of mind-altering substances and/or turkey basters.

As for the new show - so far, no good.

Notmuchofacook

Notmuchofacook

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 4:57 PM

Felice and her hubby were thoroughly unlikable and were bad actors as well. The kids were cute, and I loved the expression on the boy's face when Jeff mentioned the magazine. I find it hard to believe that people would be cranky when the whole remodeling was going to be done in five days. FIVE DAYS. That's nothing. Furthermore, I agree with shopper gal on the point that who the heck unpacks for a one night stay at a hotel. The whole show was lame, and I'm sorry about that because I generally enjoy Jeff. Oh, and Jeni can stop doing her rap any day now. I must say that I loved the shower herringbone design.

peachbeserk

peachbeserk

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 3:12 AM

Just WHERE did all of Felice's clothes go? Didn't she use 2 1/2 closets prior to Jeff's intervention? It looked to me like her new closet had very little hanging space. I thought the glass front display cases were a huge waste of space.

And about Felice - so sharp, and by that I mean angular and sharp tongued. So sharp, I'd be afraid I would get cut if I accidentally touched her. No warmth, no joy, and the husband seemed afraid of her.

Jeff's construction foreman just didn't seem to be that adept. He looked puzzled much of the time. Hasn't he worked with Jeff for awhile now?

I agree that I thought a sizeable amount of the camera time was going to be the shenanigans and drama of Jeff and Jenny trying to co-exist with the homeowners 24 hours a day. Maybe next week's episode will have more of that. And the home of next week's folks looks very odd with so, so many pieces of artwork. Wonder what the explanation is for the huge quantity of paintings they have?

dbljaygrl

dbljaygrl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 2:10 AM

Im so glad to see Jeff and Jenni back on Bravo with this new show. I just love Jeff and his crew. I like the format also. The fact that he only has a week to accomplish his task and stays with the clients while the work is to be performed is the perfect opportunity for stress and mayhem. IMO Jeff is the funniest thing on television. His humor may be childish but the silliness is what I love about him. Oh, I can't forget to mention his "evil" grin!! That bitch of a homeowner and her rodent for a husband were a first rate scenario for laughs. How Jeff didn't laugh in that womans face is beyond me! She was so trifling and so serious and he was a quivering pile of jelly in her presence. That look she shot the husband while they were in the furniture store after he tried to make a suggestion was a classic!!! What a bitch!! My favorite part was when Jeff was trying to hide the fact that there was yet another water leak mere steps from the bitch's line of sight and the way he 'blah, blah blahed" her in order to divert her attention while his worker was frantically trying to wipe it up before it was discovered. Just great!!!
I absolutely adore the way Jeff interacts with children he encounters. You could see that the kids were sad to see him go. The kids were always smiling in his prescence. That says a lot about Jeff as a human being. Kids are pretty good judges of character. Plus, I felt bad that the poor kids had to deal with that sourpuss of a mother the moment Jeff and Jenni took the fun with them when they left. At the beginning of the episode Jeff commented on how the place looked like a museum. I'm certain that those kids spend a lot of time sitting with their hands folded, in control, at all times. Since the husband had to ask permission to have an independent thought, I'm sure he got a good talking to from her when the cameras left. Jeez!!
Hopefully this woman learned something from Jeff. That you could work hard, do some killer work and have some fun in the process. Keep up the good work Jeff and Jenni. Cant wait for the next episode.

SilverLake0315

SilverLake0315

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

Do not like this as much as Flipping Out.

I'll keep watching, simply because I love me some Jeff Lewis. However, if this show were to disappear, I'm not sure I'd even notice, whereas I'd really miss Flipping Out if it were canceled.

stlouischili

stlouischili

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

Tonight's episode was excellent! Huge improvement over last week. Jeff's jokes about joining the family were hilarious and it was awesome to see Zoila.

Loved seeing all that wealthy man's stuff. The homeowner seemed like such a loveable teddy bear. However, I hope he has an iron-clad prenup because his wife doesn't act like she likes or respects him. Curious how long they have been married and how long they will stay married.

The art gallery was gorgeous, but with 8,000 square feet they should have been able to properly display more of his treasures throughout the house--maybe they didn't tackle that due to time constraints?