1-14: "Perception" 2012.02.08

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

210 replies to this topic

gik910

gik910

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

So happy this show is back!!!!! Ready Go.

Those are some serious invitations for an engagement party. Madeline looked beautiful during the photo session & at the bar with Char & Declan.[/shallow end of the pool]. I really wish "Amanda" was gone, gone. Kinda loved Conrad w/ Ashley, he pretty much nailed her.

Dinner was intense (but I kinda love the elder Grayson). I actually felt for Charlotte in that scene(it's a hell of a way to make someone interesting).

And b/c it needs to be said Nolan is still the bee's knees.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Feb 10, 2012 @ 12:03 AM.

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

I want to take this show out to a nice dinner...buy it some flowers...drink some wine with it...take it for a walk on the beach...kiss it under the moonlight...take it back home and make sweet love to it all night long.

That dinner scene was INTENSE.

Who will attend the engagement party?!?!?

My money is on Tyler...

sarcasticisity

sarcasticisity

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:03 PM

Oh man. Nolan frantically asking about Amanda after she dropped the phone and trying desperately to find out what was going on. That plus Van Camp's acting really made me anxious during that scene.

It's interesting to see all the complications happening in the Revenge Plan. Amanda is definitely conflicted sometimes...I'm glad she decided not to show Charlotte the tape even though it ended up not mattering.

jr352

jr352

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

Who will attend the engagement party?!?!?

My money is on Tyler...

Yeah, I think so. Tyler kidnaps Amily, Amily or Jack kills Tyler, Daniel survives the Labor Day party.

momlyd

momlyd

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

Here's my prediction: Amanda (actually Emily) shoots Daniel to get back at Emily (actually Amanda) for messing up her life. Dunno WHY she would do this but she's kinda like that, so why not?

ETA Nolan is all kinds of awesome!!

Edited by momlyd, Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:06 PM.

ouronlylight

ouronlylight

Couch Potato

• Interests:30 Rock, Alias, Angel, Arrested Development, Awake, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Community, The Colbert Report, Conan, Days of Our Lives, Firefly, House, La madrastra, Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, Merlin, Mi pecado, Nikita, The Office, Once Upon a Time, Passions, The Rachel Maddow Show, Revenge, Ringer, Sailor Moon, Sex and the City, The Soup, Sports Night, The Tudors, Ugly Betty, The Vampire Diaries, Veronica Mars

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

OMG THAT ENDING! I'm thinking that it was faux-Amanda who broke into Emily's house; the invitation said "Miss Emily Thorne", and "Amanda" did tell "Emily" not to call her Amanda anymore. However it goes, I am freaking out!

Loved the twist in how Charlotte's paternity was revealed. Emily's conscience overruling her desire for revenge was a great moment.

I'm getting so excited for next week's episode. They're pushing Daniel as the victim so much that I'm starting to doubt that he really is the body on the beach. I also want to get to continue looking at Joshua Bowman, so I'm really hoping that it's not him.

Meeta

Meeta

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:09 PM

Ack, that last scene! Can it be next week already?

Shallow note: I think the dress Emanda wore for the photo shoot was the least attractive thing we've seen her wear all season.

SlovakPrincess

SlovakPrincess

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

I liked that Emily had a change of heart about revealing the truth to Charlotte - makes her seem less cold and ruthless.

Of course, then Jack burst in and started spewing secrets ... and then Daniel and Conrad jumped right in ... oops!!

I'm always happy to see William Devane, but is he really old enough to be Conrad's father? Maybe he's just aging really well?

The relationship between Grampa Grayson and Victoria is interesting. I wonder if he has any idea what Conrad and Victoria did.

Yikes, Emily's been stalking Daniel and studying him for a while now! She is definitely creepy sometimes.

Even though Amanda killed someone, I still feel for her. And even though Conrad is pure evil, I still got a little choked up when he and Charlotte had their talk alone.

Oh, man I really, really, really hope Daniel doesn't die next week.

Colonel Green

Colonel Green

Stalker

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

OMG THAT ENDING! I'm thinking that it was faux-Amanda who broke into Emily's house; the invitation said "Miss Emily Thorne", and "Amanda" did tell "Emily" not to call her Amanda anymore. However it goes, I am freaking out!

Tyler discovered the secret hidey-hole before he got busted, so I'm assuming it was him somehow.

Another great episode, particularly the dinner scene. Poor Charlotte.

Even though Conrad detestable as a person, his interactions with Charlotte this week make him kind of likeable.

CrimsonTide4

CrimsonTide4

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

Shallow note: I think the dress Emanda wore for the photo shoot was the least attractive thing we've seen her wear all season.

Meeta, that dress was horrid. It looked like the dress that Whitley Gilbert had made out of curtains on A Different World when her mother was coming for a visit.

Next Wednesday at 10PM cannot come soon enough.

circlesquare

circlesquare

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:14 PM

Kinda loved Conrad w/ Ashley, he pretty much nailed her.

Wait, what do you mean? I missed a few minutes. Did they get it on?

Does anyone know the song that was playing in the end? It was so familiar and now it's driving me crazy. (ETA: Wait by M83)

End scene was awesome. I love how stressed out Nolan always is. Also Amanda looked freaked to the core. I love her dark eyes and how they can be both sharklike but also very emotive.

Edited by circlesquare, Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:43 PM.

Bkwrm

Bkwrm

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

Honestly, Faux-Amanda and Jake bug me. She barges in without thinking, sticks around despite warnings, "falls in love" with a guy who doesn't know who she is (and probably would have fallen in love with ANYONE calling herself "Amanda Clarke") and she's mad at EMILY?

And Jack. He's "madly in love" with.. who? Someone he doesn't know. His speech about the "poor girl" he saw on the tape was both touching and grotesque. Because it's not the girl he's been sleeping with who had to go through that.

Felt for Nolan and Emily. Nolan's expression when Jack finally admitted that Nolan had been good to him, and Emily when she saw Charlotte's vulnerabilities...

I DO hope it's Daniel on the beach.

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

If there's a betting line...I have to think the smart money is on Tyler being the one dead on the beach...and the twist...with Daniel being the one to kill him...

dirtypop90

dirtypop90

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

Daniel can not be dead. He just can't be.

So much to love about this show I dont know where to start.

I love Conrad's father and Im sorry to see him go. I hope he continues to pop up every now and then. It seems he connects to Victoria due to their similar upbringings.

I hate Conrad with a passion however.Victoria has done equally despicable things, yet I cant help but love her. There is just nothing likable about Conrad. Victoria at least seems to love her children, and I dont get that from Conrad, not even before David being Charlotte's farther was revealed. I hope Victoria's relationship with her children isnt completely destroyed.

Declan wasnt annoying this episode which is new. Most likely because they kept his screen time to a minimum.

Jack however is starting to bug, but it may be the fact that they keep forcing this Amanda and Jack endgame on me, which I do not want. I rather he die than Daniel.

I too am ready for realEmily to go. She's overstayed her welcome.

sadangel

sadangel

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

Great episode. The dress that Emanda wore to the dinner party was gorgeous. Victoria looked great in the photo shoot, at the bar and at the dinner party. How much does the show spend on clothes?

I love Nolan.

HoneyB

HoneyB

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:22 PM

The only two people that it would make sense to go on trial for murder would be either Daniel or Jack. If Tyler shot someone they would just cart him back to the mental hospital and if Amily were on trial everything would come out. So I am going to guess that it is Tyler who ends up dead and the person who kills him won't necessarily be the person who is blamed.

sadangel

sadangel

Couch Potato

Honestly, Faux-Amanda and Jake bug me. She barges in without thinking, sticks around despite warnings, "falls in love" with a guy who doesn't know who she is (and probably would have fallen in love with ANYONE calling herself "Amanda Clarke")

You're so right.

Edited by sadangel, Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:23 PM.

meligator

meligator

Loyal Viewer

Despite Emanda telling Nolan how upsetting the dinner was - she sure looked pleased while it was going on. Love the ending - is it next week yet?

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:24 PM

Tyler discovered the secret hidey-hole before he got busted, so I'm assuming it was him somehow.

Well, it was Lydia's house, there is a very good chance that she knew about the trap door all along.

Of course this is all about my wanting Tyler to be the dead. Tyler would have had to have escaped a psych ward, and they would have called the Hamptons police right out of the gate. Lydia would likely have been on the invitation list.... we'll know soon enough. Having Daniel on trial would put a wrench in the succession plan at Grayson Global.

The thing is who ever found the box, knows everything, and either did before (Amily) or does now (Tyler, Lydia, Ashley, Mason Treadwell) - and has a flair for the dramatic.

VC acted the hell out of that final scene, and Gabriel Mann makes the phrase "phoning it in" unjust. I'll give the actress playing Charlotte a lot of credit, she didn't overplay it.

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:26 PM

What makes this how so unbelievably great is that it is so fast paced. There is no lingering nonsense. Things actually HAPPEN. And credit to the writers for making the actual things happening so f'n interesting.

name234 - Great call on Lydia. She probably got her memory back. Didn't even think of that...

housekeeper

housekeeper

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

I sure hope Daniel does die UGH !! I really hate this character and find him extremely BORING to watch . I see no chemistry at all between him and Emanda and don't find him attractive at all - sorry :(
I like the fact that Jack is fighting for but hate that he is still in the dark about the true identities beteen Emily and Emanda ..
William DEvane always ROCKS :-)

Agnes Bean

Agnes Bean

Fanatic

Well, Jack finally got interesting for me. I still don't like his character (I never do go for the nice ones), but his kind of anger and rashness combined with just enough information definitely makes him a more noteworthy player in this game. I like the idea of him continuing to get mixed up in Emanda's plans as long as he keeps messing them up like that.

This episode started a little slowly, but that dinner scene was KILLER. I really like Charlotte at this point -- I'm very interested to see where he character goes now that she's learned the truth in the worst way possible. I continue to hope that in the long run she and Emanda and up teaming up somehow.

Conrad's dad was very interesting. A little plot-device-y, but entertaining, and he certainly mixed things up. I liked his interactions with Conrad. In general, Conrad has been growing on me as a character in recent episodes. Clearly, a despicable guy, but he's starting to be a more 3D one. I hope he really does stick by Charlotte from here on out.

Not enough Nolan in this episode, though I did love his reaction to Jack admitting he'd been a good friend. I'll be interested to see how this effects his relationship with Emanda. She was clearly angry with him -- she'll flip if she finds out he did it intentionally.

gik910

gik910

Couch Potato

Wait, what do you mean? I missed a few minutes. Did they get it on?

When Ash went to get Conrad's invite list for the party he pretty much called her out on being an "opportunist" ... in his words the nice way of putting it. Basically trying to get her to switch loyalties from Victoria to him since she is so close to QV. But from what we have seen of Ashley's personality, he pegged her. Which reminds me...was it weird that Ash & Em seemed like the were real friends again? Cuz I thought it was weird.

Edited by gik910, Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:29 PM.

Ganymedeone

Ganymedeone

Couch Potato

I was a bit disappointed in Victoria. If Conrad was going to call her out on the alleged rape and reveal the ongoing affair, she had at least as much on his involvement in what happened to David to throw back at him. Unless because it would further implicate her? It felt that Conrad came out of all that too neatly.
Loved the Nolan/Jack scenes. Nice of Jack to acknowledge Nolan's loyalty, even if it did cause Nolan to feel guilt over the fact that he still knows WAY more than Jack about everything.

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:34 PM

Loved the show tonight! I just want more episodes right away.

I am leaning towards thinking Tyler took the infinity box from the hiding place. Which means he will have to die next week before he can tell anyone what he knows about Emily/Amanda. I also assume whoever gets charged with the murder will not be the killer. We will probably find out who gets killed next week but they will not let us know who the killer was. They have to keep some secrets.

I still don't like Declan.

lucindabelle

lucindabelle

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:34 PM

Oh, show. I love you show. You are steadfast in an unreliable world. so! much!
Revengenda goodness!

OK, so WHY does nobody recognize Emily/Amanda? I know she only saw Daniel briefly way back then, but showing up as mystery girl as she did, isn't she risking him thinking you look familiar? Plus which, she has a very distinctive voice-- and he didn't seem drunk. And the ten year old girl looks JUST like her and nothing like Amanda.

Did we get Grampa Grayson's first name? I LOVE him. Youd think knowing what he's like Victoria would tone down the snobby thing; he seems to like the blue collar vibe.

anyone else find it odd that the interview was less than a minute long?

Emily is losing the loyalty of her crew...

Cardie

Cardie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

[snip]

Amily seems most likely to have the Infinity Box because of the reply card but then whoever looked into the box knows about Emenda's charade. Could it be Ashley acting for Tyler? She'd have access to reply cards which Amily or Lydia wouldn't.

I had the impression that the first Grayson Victoria ever seduced (or was seduced by) was Grandpa. It would be a really cruel irony if neither of Conrad's children was actually his.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Feb 10, 2012 @ 12:07 AM.
Off-topic (preview discussion)

Meeta

Meeta

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

Which reminds me...was it weird that Ash & Em seemed like the were real friends again? Cuz I thought it was weird.

Totally weird.

I loved Nolan's face when Jack told him he had been a great friend, one of his few true friends, etc. He looked close to tears.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

djsunyc Thank you, I figure she's got just as much "reason" to do it as Tyler - and I can't imagine the writers had her survive the multi story fall onto a cab, right onto her spine and base of skull (okay, fine I don't find her surviving it plausible either) without wanting to do something with it.

I'm glad the writers made the choice of Emily not wanting to destroy Charlotte with the DVD, she has limits and if her trauma had to turned her into an automaton bent on revenge, it would be too predictable to be interesting.

I think Charlotte and Declan just became more believable tonight. I think the writers have left Declan a character to grow into.

Regarding the body on the beach, the other reason I hope its Tyler, is I think it would be very interesting to see Daniel on trial for a crime he did not commit. It would mess Victoria up. I just hope that it wasn't Jack and that Jack isn't on trial for this.

Victoria screaming Daniel, makes me think Daniel - but I am trying to square this with the ability to use this moment for a shock twist of some kind.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:41 PM

An even bigger twist would be if Nolan stole the infinity box to thwart her plans. He could have seen her take it out while shamu was recording. The show may not go there, but Nolan has set a precedent of thwarting her plans via allowing Jack to view the tape. I think it would be great for Nolan to shake things up and prove that he isn't as wimpy as some may perceive.

Although, Tyler seems most likely the culprit, Lydia could publically ruin Vic and Conrad with a one-two punch if she is the one with the infinty box. If Amily stole it, then she just may hand the entire box to Jack on a silver platter... then the shit will truly hit the fan! So many possibilities.