20-6: 2012.02.06

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

225 replies to this topic

mylittlehipster

mylittlehipster

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

Ben & the ladies live it up in Panama!

Vexer

Vexer

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Well. That was uncomfortable.

mylittlehipster

mylittlehipster

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

Most uncomfortable seduction EVER. I was covering my eyes, screaming PLEASE MAKE IT STOP at my TV, and it just.kept.going. Ugh. How she managed to walk out of there head held high, I don't know. I would have died of embarrassment.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

Ben = mouthbreather. The wrong head is definitely telling him what to do. I am shocked he didn't go to Courtney's room.

He looks worse with the haircut because it's almost like a round bowl cut around his head. Also since I am wading in the shallow pool, he is not toned and is kind of pudgy. There is no way most of these women would even give him a sideways glance in real life.

I wonder if the voiceover with Courtney waiting in her room for Ben was added later to make her look more sympathetic? If the powers that be are reading message boards they have to know how Courtney is disliked and people are coming down on Ben for her.

He loves the women fighting over him!

Is Jamie (who?!) the only one who hadn't kissed him? I am really "prude"? "Fancy"?. "Mouth open, mouth closed". WTF?!? So awkward, seemed like a desperate grab for a rose. ACK, this show makes these women look like fools but I guess they do it to themselves.

That blue romper type outfit Blakely wore to the date with Rachel.... tacky!!!! After busting out the scrapbook you know she feels like crap. I was happy to see Ben squirm when he had to talk to her after he didn't give her the rose.

Seems like Casey was more upset about having to find somebody marry her than about losing Ben.

Darn, I thought the ladies were going to get together and tell on Courtney this week.

Loved Emily's rap.

mylittlehipster

mylittlehipster

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

I, too, loved Emily's rap. Rhyming sauvignon with blonde? Divine.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

Seems like Casey was more upset about having to find somebody marry her than about losing Ben.

I agree. What a flake. Her ramblings sounded like a jr high school girl. And the wailing . . . "Waaahh! I want someone who wants to marry me! Boo hoo!!" Pathetic.

Edited by isotonerz, Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:15 PM.

Suite100

Suite100

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

I deciedd I wuod playy a drinkeng game toonite, evry time thay sed the werd "open" I wuod drenk a shot uv burbon....

*thud*

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

Each week that goes by it becomes more and more apparent that Ben has no small talk or manners or consideration at all.

Casey - sorry. You should go
Jaime - sorry - bye

No compassion or sympathy or anything.

And I did think Emily was pretty funny with her "I have to tell you I've fallen for someone else: the chief". That was hysterical!

Vexer

Vexer

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

This episode was chock full of awkward and uncomfortable moments from Courtney's boobs, childish B + C = <3 and stroking herself by the pool; Blakely's sheer desperation, sad little scrapbook and uncomfortable exit - walking out/sobbing/groveling; Rachel WATCHING the whole damn thing; Casey's "what are you talking about" doe-eyed reaction and crocodile tears and Ben's "you should go" (did they even let her put on any fucking shoes?!?!?) and then Jamie's... whatever that was. Ugh. Just ugh. Ane yet I still just can't stop

mylittlehipster

mylittlehipster

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

Who is "The Chief"? I didn't get the joke when Emily said she was in love with him.

Vexer

Vexer

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

hipster - I'm guessing she meant the chief of the Panamanian tribe they visited?

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

Chief of the tribe they spent time with In Panama.

Amath

Amath

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

Wow, Ben is a real asshole! When he was saying to Lindzi that she's really easygoing and low-maintenance, and she thinks he's complimenting her... then wham! He says, "It worried me in the beginning." WTF? It's just like him holding the rose out to the woman he's about to reject. Build her up then cut her down.

REALLY cold how he got rid of Casey, too. He doesn't have a compassionate or empathetic bone in his body.

I was hoping Emily would not get the rose. I have a girl crush on her. "I know about diseases, both bacterial and fungal!" Of course humorless Ben didn't laugh at that or at her saying the chief was the other man in her life... he just said, "you're funny," like the woman on Seinfeld that Jerry broke up with for that reason.

Did Kacie really tell Ben to tread lightly, in the preview? Awesome.

Edited by Amath, Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:18 PM.

Suite100

Suite100

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

So far Jaime has the prettiest exit cry. Yeah, it's come to that.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

Awk. Ward.

I liked Jamie at the beginning and then she just faded away into the background. Tonight, I felt bad for her. She was trying to compete with Miss Naked-A-Lot and just fell flat. In the most spectacular fashion.

Courtney has her act down pat. Stripping off, acting like the doting girlfriend, being very touchy feely. Occasionally throwing out some moments of hesitation and reticence. Just enough to hook Ben a little more. I have to hand it to her, she knows what she's doing.

The scrapbook and Blakely. Ay yi yi. A scrapbook? Seriously? She is too old for that silliness. It looked so immature.

I think Casey was crying so much in the car because she still didn't have any shoes! Thrown back into the van, shoeless and Ben-less--back to America. Courtney looked devastated her "best friend" was gone. Ha ha ha! I just made myself laugh.

Each week that goes by it becomes more and more apparent that Ben has no small talk or manners or consideration at all.

He's quite mean. It comes out in the oddest places. He's cold. No wonder he likes Courtney.

Edited by oakgal, Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:25 PM.

MuShu

MuShu

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

God, where to start?

Thirty four year old Blakely and her eight grade Mrs. Ben Flapjack wish book?
Dumb Casey being led outside in her bare feet, up outside stairs in her bare feet, putting her bare, and by that time dirty feet on the couch while being being chastised by Mrs. Harrison and Mr Flapjack? Uncomfortable, though I admit to laughing when she curled her lip back like a possum and whined not once, but twice. Talk about crying ugly.

Now I know who Jamie is-The fool who crawls up in Flapjack's lap and gets put in her place for her trouble.
Are there no irons in that Trump Plaza? Ben always is wearing a wrinkled, untucked shirt. Looks as shitty as his unkempt hair. Unless it's a Guayabera, which he is too uncool to pull off, tuck the damn thing in. It's not Hooters of TGI Fridays, fool.

Surely Ben noticed Courtney not only wearing nothing under her beaded top, he had to notice her skaking her tits. Even if the women in the community they visited aren't worried about some tit showing, I doubt they shake them in public, especially upon meeting new people. What a tiresome puke she is.

Loved Mrs Harrison warning the remaining ladies to be "open". God forbid anyone else annoys the little bitch Ben. He passed the point of no return to me this episode-Worse than Blob, Mesnick, and Jake. Speaking of Mesnick, nice job leaning over the balcony and staring pensively at the sea. A dry Mesnick, if you will.

If Ben were to dye his hair red, he would be a dead ringer for Dr Zaius.

dodginblue

dodginblue

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

Ben looks like one of the Three Stooges, I'm not sure which one, Moe I think? It's the hair and the pudgy cheeks and the kind of numb look he usually has on his face.

Anyway, every time I think this show can't reach any new lows they always find a way to prove me wrong. I think they went over the line in actually talking to Casey's ex or almost ex or should be ex, whatever he is, to get "his" side of the story. I was really surprised by that, and then sandbagging Casey with what he had to say. Which didn't seem to involve actually having any feelings for her but put her in this pathetic position of having to try and explain herself. Although it wasn't really clear what it was she was being called on to explain and I guess she felt she had no choice but to barf out about how this guy back home doesn't really want her but she's got feelings for him that she's still struggling with.

And Ben, trying to make her feel guilty, oh there are other girls who really wanted to be here. You should have opened up....so I could have dumped your ass quicker. What a jerk. Since it doesn't seem like he's paid much attention to her anyway.

jeanne53

jeanne53

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

Because we saw so little of Casey, who knew she could not string a full sentence together and make sense. She kept crying she did not want to be with some one who would not marry her, so do not go back to him! I am sure, despite her lack of brain power, she is a pretty girl, she can find some one. Jamie....her voice when she spoke, was so irritating. And she just went on and on and on. Then her seduction? No wonder she went home.

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

Obviously, someone needs to teach Ben how to kiss a woman properly, but that scene between him and Jamie was just mortifying.

Ben's reaction to Kacie's confession about her eating disorder could not have been any less emotional. He's such a cypher.

ConnieBillard

ConnieBillard

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:30 PM

Ben gets uglier every week, inside and out. On the outside, his hair is officially butt parted 24/7 and is now frizzy. And he's not shaving enough. Probably not bathing enough either.

Jamie was just sad. Almost as sad as Courtney in the water, flailing her arms around and then touching herself. I'm hoping Jamie was drunk and trying to force herself to have some semblance of attraction for that fool.

I was glad to see Casey go. I knew there had to be a reason she didn't hate Courtney and it's now clear that she could not have cared less about Ben. Smart girl, but that car scene was just sad. Don't cry when you get away from Bach Ben. Esp. after his "you should go" diss- boy is way harsh and brings nothing to the table, nada.

The only thing grosser than Courtney's boobs hanging out around those poor kids was the vision of Ben in whatever the heck he was in. Ugly face, bad body. Kind of soft and just gross. He looked like such a fool "dancing" with Courtney.

Blakly's scrapbook- I have no words.

Arkay

Arkay

Video Archivist

Honestly, The Bachelor Show, you just don't even try anymore, do you?
Gee, the women and Ben are in a canoe and by sheer happenstance chance upon some village kids playing soccer, whereupon they disembark, follow the kids and "stumble" upon a village. Where, of course, the women are waiting with beaded outfits for all the girls and everything is set up for these "chance" visitors. Or later, when Ben feigns surprise that Casey S. shows up at his door, when the camera crew with him in the room is clearly filming this encounter.
Hey, and tonight I also learned that The Bachelor is actually part of the Film Noir genre, with black cats pacing moodily at night on the wet cobblestones and all.
I love Emily....her straight face when she told Ben her "Chief" story, her genuinely clever raps...Why, Emily, why are you debasing yourself for this flophead?

Edited by Arkay, Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:37 PM.

pemyquid

pemyquid

Video Archivist

I, too, loved Emily's rap. Rhyming sauvignon with blonde? Divine.

How about " I battle with diseases both bacterial and fungal" and " my hair gets kind of frizzy"? This is a girl after my own heart and the pick of the litter IMO. If Ben let's this one get away to keep Courtney and her scrunched up chipmunk face then he is truly a dumbass.

Makemelaugh

Makemelaugh

Couch Potato

Ben is the rudest bachelor ever. Hey, pretend you're sorry for Casey S., at least a little. Maybe a little "You're a great girl, it'll be okay," instead of "I sent some girls home instead of you!" Hey, it's spilled milk now, Ben, lighten up. He's just a creep.

I wonder who the three-count-them-three people are who ratted on Casey to TPTB even back in the US, as Chris said. So harsh. I felt bad for her. But not as bad as she is going to feel when she sees how bad she cries.

Were those beaded tops that the Panamanian Indians put on the women really that revealing? The natives were wearing them, weren't they, without any necessary blurring? I loved whoever it was who asked Courtney if she was going to go pantless too.

Courtney has the most mannered one-shoulder shrug. I can't believe they're devoting so much air time to her. So skanky when she was stroking herself during what's-her-name's time with Ben.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

Humiliating Casey like that was not only mean, it was unnecessary. It was just “a matter of time” before she would have been eliminated. Plus, if they were to call out and eliminate every bachelor/ette that had a “potential” mate at home, they’d be no one left on the show. In an interview with People magazine, Chris H. said felt the need to intervene, because he didn’t want to make the same mistake with Ben as he did with Ashley. However, the situations were totally different. Ashley had every intention of taking Bentley to the end, while Ben on the other hand, hadn’t shown the slightest interest in Casey. I like Chris, but there are times when I wish he would spare us his sanctimonious self righteousness.

mylittlehipster

mylittlehipster

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

Casey was certainly wailing for the camera, but were there any actual tears? I didn't see any, at least not in the car. Thought that was weird, usually the makeup is running like crazy when these girls cry.

I think it's possible my husband and I climbed the same ruins shown in the Belize preview.

Laurie4H

Laurie4H

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

Chris is just the puppet of the producers. It isn't him that wants to intervene. He is just following the script. I don't know how he keeps a straight face half the time.

LaLoka

LaLoka

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:39 PM

This show has got to be scripted for sure.

MuShu

MuShu

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:42 PM

Chris is just the puppet of the producers. It isn't him that wants to intervene. He is just following the script. I don't know how he keeps a straight face half the time.

And how. "Three people told me you love some other guy back home, and you don't love Ben". Sounds like a note that gets passed around in Seventh grade study hall, not something that would come off the lips of a grown ass middle aged man. I do believe Mrs Harrison traded his balls in for a pair of pink panties many seasons ago.

pemyquid

pemyquid

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:44 PM

And what was up with the Love Gestapo ambushing Casey? I thought for sure from the previews that someone close to her was dead or dying, but no, Harrison came all the way to Panama to make sure Our Bachelor is given the full heads up that a girl he has spoken to for five minutes might not actually be in LURVVE with him...the horror!

Sailing

Sailing

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

Glamorous Panama City! I was just there two months ago, and yes, before you wonder, it *is* just as glamorous as depicted. Well, the Trump tower is anyway. Heh. The San Blas islands are pretty gorgeous and the majority of them are just as isolated and untouched as the one they "marooned" Kacie B and Ben the wonder-dummy on. The Embera Indian village tour is definitely worthwhile and unique, even if it went over most of these bachelorettes' (other than Emily) heads. But any touching, native immersion experience can be turned it into an exhibitionist event if you're Courtney. Speaking of my least favorite Neanderthal...what a dick move, frolicking around in a bikini while Ben's trying to have a conversation with clueless Jamie. And Ben, barely trying to hide his shit eating grin while Courtney and her wineglass prance around? Ugh.

Blakeley's slam book/vision board for Ben looked like something a demented middle schooler might construct. So painful to watch. Quite frankly, I didn't see much of a connection with either Rachel or Blakeley, but Ben saw this as the perfect opportunity to let Blakeley go in an "I can't help it, I had to let someone go" situation. I feel for Blakeley though. The life of a softball playing stripper (I mean, VIP cocktail waitress) is not an easy one. All kidding aside though, I do feel badly for her. Poor girl is probably very damaged from her past relationships and being on this show can't have helped matters.

Casey S. (or random generic blonde #2) is about as articulate as a box of rocks. Her reasons for wanting to stay, if you could read between the million likes, were basically "I like you and I recently realized I'm not over my ex, despite the fact he doesn't want me longterm. I want to get married!" Convincing! And now she has two guys who don't want to marry her. Great job, Casey!
I hope they gave that girl some shoes before stuffing her in that random mini-van.

Emily, bless her heart, is finally learning how to play the game. Just say whatever Ben wants to hear and you'll buy yourself another week. Gotta give her credit. Why such a smart, savvy girl like her wants more time with this loser is beyond me, but whatever. Ben, on the other hand, is still basking in his douchetastic power trip with his comments like "did you learn your lesson?" Makes me want to puke. Enjoy this now, Ben, because in the real world, none of these women would even give you a second look if they were roofied in a darkened, crowded dive bar.

Watching self-described prude Jamie try to seduce Ben with a fully instructed close-mouth-then open-mouth kiss was like watching two naive seventh graders with braces trying to figure out how to kiss. UNCOMFORTABLE.

Best unintentionally hilarious moment? All the other girls "eavesdropping" on Chris and Casey S's conversation in the courtyard, followed by the next shot of them self-consciously slinking away after being caught on camera. Moments like these and Emily's adorable rap at the end credits that make this terrible show worth watching.