Lost Girl (US)

• Please log in to reply

1383 replies to this topic

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

I kind of want him to because his speaking voice is so annoying)

Personally I love the Ash's voice and would be upset if they kill him off before we ever got to see what his power is.

And who's Bo's father?

Trick? Dyson? I kinda think it's one of the characters we already know.

I'd bet all my money that it's not Dyson considering that means he repeatedly had sex with his daughter, I seriously doubt TPTB would go there. Not to mention it kills all possibility of Dyson and Bo getting back together and I've watched enough tv to believe that they will. I don't think we've met her father, yet.

Edited by bulldawgtownie, Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:09 AM.

scarlett45

scarlett45

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:35 AM

I was glad to find out that Bo has love for her human parents.

Im glad for that too Georgia. Besides the first episode where Bo confirms that she grew up in a normal, loving midwestern family, she has not mentioned her 18yrs of human life. I know this show is about the fae world, but now that Bo knows who she is, and that she is not a danger to her family that we hear from them. They must think she is dead.

BestestAuntEver

BestestAuntEver

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:24 PM

Interesting episode. Somewhat weak S1 finale thou. Loved Kenzi/Kenzi & Hale again. I believe that Saskia is not dead & will be back. I wonder what Trick did with her. Why was Trick so tired after writing with his blood & what effects will it have on him?

Bo & Trick are still related somehow.

My sister is a spoiler whore, and has apparently read the episode descriptions for every episode, including S2 of the Canadian version, and according to her, next week's episode is actually the first episode of Season 2. So basically, SyFy is getting us all caught up with the Canadian show.

My friend is a spoiler whore as well. I was glad to hear about the continuation of the show thru S2 (22 episodes I believe) but I do not want to be spoilered about anything else regarding the show. LOL, She and I had to come to terms rgarding information because she gets so excited.

Italian Ice

Italian Ice

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:43 PM

Interesting episode. Somewhat weak S1 finale thou

In some ways, it seemed like it was a series finale before they knew if there would be a Season 2. Hence why the Saskia as Bo's mom was handled so quickly and neatly. They tied up all the loose ends of S1 in that last episode. The Ash is likely dead, Lauren and Bo get one last kiss and make up, Dyson loses his love for Bo, Trick reveals himself as the Blood King, Bo finds her mom, and Kenzi and Hale flirt some more.

Edited by Italian Ice, Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:43 PM.

gpgurl50

gpgurl50

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:44 PM

This isn't a spoiler, but after seeing the season 1 and season 2 finale, I think the show does not do finales well. They're decent episodes but disappointing on a finale standard.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

Why was Trick so tired after writing with his blood

I assumed he just passed out, it looked like he lost a lot of blood.

Codger

Codger

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:31 PM

Kenzi was the best part of this episode. Starting with her secretly loving bodice-ripper romance novels and hiding them with comics so Bo doesn't find out. And all of her scenes with Hale. I mean Brutus. He was so worried about how mad she was going to be. "Your hair looks nice. Relaxed. Forgiving."

BO: How do succubi fight one another?
KENZI: Slow motion pillow fight? Crotch lasers?

Heh. Turns out, whichever one sucks the hardest makes the other one her sex slave. Makes sense, I suppose. Good thing Bo had the Amulet of Chastity.

Kenzi's face when Bo was going to kiss her looked like a little boy whose grandmother is about to give him a kiss.

KENZI: If your mom scares Trick and got the drop on Dyson, she must be like a Level 10 succubus.
BO: Then what level am I?
KENZI: Kindergarten... with pigtails and a muppet lunchbox.

It was odd, Aife looked older for most of the episode but at the end, after Trick turned her into Non-Evil Aife, she suddenly looked a lot prettier. The soft lighting of virtue, I suppose?

Having Dyson's wolf inside of her was pretty good for Bo. The weird thing is, that's not a metaphor.

ETA:

Does Bo now have Dyson's wolf power

Not anymore. The Norn temporarily "loaned" her Dyson's wolf strength for the fight with Aife, that's why when Aife was about to throw her over the railing, Bo's eyes went yellow and wolfie, then she had the strength to turn the tables on Aife. But Dyson is still a wolf, the Norn took his love instead of his Wolfie-ness.

Edited by Codger, Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:02 AM.

Italian Ice

Italian Ice

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:39 PM

Wait, so I'm confused. Does Bo now have Dyson's wolf power, but he's still a wolf? How does that work? I thought he negotiated that away?

Edited by Italian Ice, Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:43 PM.

Shippaisha

Shippaisha

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:10 AM

Dyson said that he had previously tried to bargain with the Norn for something, but backed out when she demanded his shapeshifter powers as the price of her favor. He was willing to give up being a werewolf to save Bo, and the Norn did give her a strength boost from him in order to beat Aife. But instead of taking his shapeshifter powers, the Norn took away his love for Bo since it meant more to him.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:26 PM

And Dyson should've known that since she told him she wanted what he desired most.

Edited by bulldawgtownie, Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:27 PM.

natyxg

natyxg

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:31 PM

The whole thing with Dyson losing what he treasured the most gave me serious Xena flashbacks. At least he didn't get amnesia.

I'm actually interested to see how they will resolve that one. Will he have to fall in love with Bo again or what?

AngelKitty

AngelKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:29 PM

Saskia/what's her name was too over the top villain-y for me.

Yes but isn't everybody on this show? That's what makes it so much fun for me. I have to admit I did not think she was going to turn out to be the mom because it was just too obvious - the "take a sweater" thing is just so cliche I felt it had to be a misdirection, but it wasn't which leads me to believe the Trick is her father because he's the most obvious candidate at this point. But how could it have happened? Saskia said she was held prisoner for centuries and I'm assuming nobody knew she hadn't been killed. So 28 years ago, Trick finds out she's still alive and goes to her, they have sex, she get's pregnant, Trick arranges for the baby to be taken away and placed in a human family. OK, now I don't think Trick is the father. If he could get to her why wouldn't he just help her escape because I'm pretty sure we've been shown Bo was born in a prison/dungeon. So, Bo's father must be the dark fae who imprisoned Saskia... or another prisoner... or the dark fae's son... Alright, I'm just having fun now.

Dyson's jacket was an affront to all that is good in this world. I hope it got lost in the woods forever.

Amen to that! What the hell was that atrocity?

And Dyson should've known that since she told him she wanted what he desired most.

Yes but he thought she would still want his wolf because:

Dyson said that he had previously tried to bargain with the Norn for something, but backed out when she demanded his shapeshifter powers as the price of her favor.

He didn't think about what she really wanted even though we all did.

I'm so glad we don't have to wait for season 2. I knew I would like this show when I first found out about it here on TWoP. I like this Urban Fantasy genre and would like to see more.

Kosmonaut

Kosmonaut

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:47 AM

How come Dyson could back out of a trade with the Norn before but couldn't this time? *sniff* This episode made me realize that I am firmly on Team Dyson. First Saskia-rape and now this?

Kenzi is really, really hot. When she was walking up and down the street to and fro Dyson and Hale? Holy crap. She need not be a succubus to draw me in. (And I'm only about a 1.5 on the Kinsey scale!)

Also, thank you, Joss Whedon, for forever ruining the Must-be-terrible/Actually-quite-the-opposite-on-the-surface scene cut for me. Of course Bo wakes up in a palatial estate populated by topless male models.

I'm so glad we don't have to wait for season 2.

Word. It's the only thing getting me over Being Human's cliffhanger finale. :/

Edited by Kosmonaut, Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:47 AM.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:03 AM

Re: Trick passing out...

He looked like he had bled a LOT so I could definitely see the passing out from blood loss. However, he specifically told Kenzi that using his Blood King powers had consequences/came with a price. I can't imagine that he just meant it would make him so lightheaded he would faint. I really really want to see what those consequences are. I mean, with that kind of power, there has to be a pretty good reason why it wouldn't be used all the time.

BestestAuntEver

BestestAuntEver

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:58 PM

Re: Trick passing out...

He looked like he had bleed a LOT so I could definitely see the passing out from blood loss. However, he specifically told Kenzi that using his Blood King powers had consequences/came with a price. I can't imagine that he just meant it would make him so lightheaded he would faint. I really really want to see what those consequences are. I mean, with that kind of power, there has to be a pretty good reason why it wouldn't be used all the time.

Thanks ladyrott, this is what I was thinking when I asked about Trick passing out. I want to know what the consequences or price for using his powers are. He also talked about things not coming out exactly the way they were written.

I don't want the Ash to be dead before we find out his power either.

What is a "Norn"? What are there powers?

Edited by BestestAuntEver, Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:18 PM.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 3:04 AM

What is a "Norn"? What are there powers?

The Norn, as it pertains to the show, is basically just a type of fae that can grant someone a desire/wish in exchange for something precious to them. A "Norn" is also described in Norse mythology as female beings who rule the destiny of gods and men, a kind of dísir comparable to the Fates in classical mythology.

Edited by Turkish, Apr 13, 2012 @ 3:05 AM.

AngelKitty

AngelKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

I don't want the Ash to be dead before we find out his power either.

I like him too. I kinda thought they would make Bo heal him, but maybe they don't know she can do that.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

My latest thought is that the Ash will die and Trick will end up being the new Ash. It would seem most of the council is dead and some of them were on Trick's side when the Ash was complaining about him. If the only ones to survive the blast are the ones who like Trick, and they now realize he is the Blood King, they could "promote" him to Ash status.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

The only problem with that is Trick was loathe to us his powers and he was in charge a long time ago but gave it up to be a bartender with very little responsibilities. I doubt he wants to go back to ruling the light fae.

Phred62

Phred62

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 8:59 AM

Wow, Bo is really an idiot. She doesn't know if she can trust Dyson, who has saved her ass time and again, has saved Kennie's ass, let her use him as a healing object, and basically does whatever she wants him to and she knows that he hid the truth to protect her. Her "mother" lies to her, drugs her, kidnaps her, rapes her boyfriend, and shows herself to be psycho when they first met, but she wants to hang around and become a mommy/daughter team? Idiot.

Italian Ice

Italian Ice

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 12:31 PM

Wow, Bo is really an idiot. She doesn't know if she can trust Dyson, who has saved her ass time and again, has saved Kennie's ass, let her use him as a healing object, and basically does whatever she wants him to and she knows that he hid the truth to protect her. Her "mother" lies to her, drugs her, kidnaps her, rapes her boyfriend, and shows herself to be psycho when they first met, but she wants to hang around and become a mommy/daughter team? Idiot.

Yeah that bothered me too. Plus, now that Dyson's love was taken away, how can she ever trust him again when she probably thinks he was lying to her before about his feelings?

I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

catray

catray

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Finally caught up with the last three episodes of the first season (I've been behind). Still loving this show. Kenzi and Bo's friendship has definitely been the standout to me, especially since at the very beginning I wasn't completely sold on Kenzi. But their relationship is always sweet and real and I love it.

Quite honestly, I've been rather enjoying Anna Silk as Bo, though I find Bo (the character) to be terribly naive. As several people have already mentioned, her behavior in the finale was a little idiotic. But I can sort of hand wave it because Bo has spent a lot of time wondering who her parents are-- but seriously?! Your mother sexes up your boyfriend and almost kills me-- and you still wanna be friends?! Oh Bo.

I hope Trick isn't dead-- that was a lot blood at the end... more than it looked like he had originally used to write in his book. Maybe a consequence of his gift?

I also have to say, I have really liked Bo and Dyson's relationship. There seems to have been relatively little angst in the last few episodes (until the finale that is). I like that. They are sweet together and I kind of liked that Bo seems to be going against the "traditional" succubus nature by mating for life, as it were. I find it heartbreaking that now Dyson's love for Bo has been taken away.

Looking forward to season 2 tomorrow!

nivea

nivea

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 5:17 AM

Bo/Dyson is the least sweet relationship on tv. He's possessive, territorial and controlling. Calling your girlfriend and her lifestyle "sleazy" because you are jealous, insecure jerk isn't sweet, its just twisted.

maraleia

maraleia

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:04 AM

Dorothy Snarker over at AfterEllen is doing snap caps of the show and she calls any boob shots, Boobs O'Clock moments. You can read everything about the show from a lesbian perspective via this link http://www.afterelle...nomy/term/7432.

I just got introduced to this show by a friend of mine and I love it. We watched all of the episodes this weekend and I am definitely on Team Lauren (although I am biased since I am a lesbian).

I was looking up the imdb's on all the actors and I found out that the actress who plays Bo's mom is actually 4 years younger than she is in real life. Anna Silk is 38 and Inga Cadranel is 34. I find that hysterical.

Edited by maraleia, Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:04 AM.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:01 AM

I was looking up the imdb's on all the actors and I found out that the actress who plays Bo's mom is actually 4 years younger than she is in real life. Anna Silk is 38 and Inga Cadranel is 34. I find that hysterical.

I knew Anna was 38 but I did not know that Inga is actually younger than her. That is funny. Looking up the casts ages, it seems Anna and Kris are only a year apart and Zoie is also in her mid to late thirties but Ksenia has the biggest age gap between all of them at 24 years of age. She's a good 12 to 14 years younger than the rest of the cast.

That said, they all look damn good for actors approaching forty.

Edited by Turkish, Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:05 AM.

Fancha

Fancha

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:15 AM

Bo/Dyson is the least sweet relationship on tv. He's possessive, territorial and controlling. Calling your girlfriend and her lifestyle "sleazy" because you are jealous, insecure jerk isn't sweet, its just twisted.

Accurate. I simply can not stand them together. Episodes 11-13 ruined them for me and now I finally understand why Bo and Lauren are actually the popular pairing. If only they had written Bo and Dyson better...

That said, they all look damn good for actors approaching forty.

They sure do. Anna particularly looks fantastic for her age.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:01 PM

If only they had written Bo and Dyson better...

Personally I thought they did a good job. As far his being a possessive jerk goes, I think that's an unfair criticism. Dyson isn't a human male, he's part wolf and as I understand it male wolves are very territorial especially when it comes to their mates.

I think the relationship the writers did a terrible job with is Bo-Lauren especially considering we're supposed to believe Bo's feelings for Lauren were/are as serious as her feelings for Dyson.

Georgia

Georgia

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:30 PM

He's possessive, territorial and controlling. Calling your girlfriend and her lifestyle "sleazy" because you are jealous, insecure jerk isn't sweet, its just twisted.

I don't think he was referring to Bo and/or her lifestyle. I think he meant that swinging (which I understand to mean married people having sex with other married people) was sleazy. I also think he mean that swinging with those particular awful people was sleazy.

I'm on Team Bo. Dyson and Lauren are both awesome, but neither is right for her in the long run. Dyson is a wolf who mates for life (actual wolves in the wild do this, btw) and Lauren is human. Bo cannot be monogamous and will outlive Lauren by hundreds of years. I think they should work out some sort of fae bigamy deal because I like happy endings.

I would have liked to see more Lauren/Dyson rivalry. I hope he gets his love back soon (I know it's a matter of time, because I've seen a tv show before). I know I keep harping on this, but it's so fascinating to see a man and a woman as genuine romantic rivals.

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 3:43 PM

And who's Bo's father?

Trick? Dyson? I kinda think it's one of the characters we already know.

I think it's more likely one of the Bad Guys we've met, like maybe Vex.

Fancha

Fancha

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 4:17 PM

Bo cannot be monogamous and will outlive Lauren by hundreds of years.

Considering Dyson is 1000 years old, Bo will also outlive him by a few centuries, so a Bo/Dyson or Bo/Lauren ending would only work within the show's lifespan. Bo will eventually meet other people. Lauren is better suited if only because she understands Bo's nature and need to feed.

The ideal ending - or exploration - for this show would be a Bo/Lauren/Dyson polyamorous relationship, but I doubt Showcase is ballsy enough to go there. I would definitely be up for it though. Ultimately, there is a parallel between Bo's reluctancy to choose a side and her reluctancy to choose a lover. I don't think that is ever going to change, regardless of how gigantic the Bo/Lauren fanbase is.