20-5: 2012.01.30

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

237 replies to this topic

aunthelen

aunthelen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

Ben is revolting. I, too, thought it was horrible the way he picked up the rose and moved it toward Elyse, THEN told her he was sending her packing. The way her big smile faded was so sad.

I thought Jennifer was "the best kisser"? Surprised she went before poor clueless Emily.

If he's not "engaged" to Courtney right now, he sure has a lot of explaining to do to someone tonight! I was disgusted by how Courtney was plastered all over him in the skinny dipping scene.

Edited by aunthelen, Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:25 PM.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:25 PM

I would love to see Ben and his family watching this show. Oh Ben you are being used so Courtney can WIN.

His mother must be mortified.

I was shocked when Jennifer didn't receive a rose, because they seemed to have a connection. I wouldn't be surprised if Courtney had something to do with it. After all, she was the only one she considered competition.

Edited by Firthient, Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:26 PM.

ranchgirl

ranchgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:29 PM

Can't stand Ben anymore. He lost all my respect tonight. I can't believe all these women think he is so fine. Just don't get it.

I know they are isolated and have nothing to do all day and night except wait for a date with him, but he's not even a handsome catch. I wish Emily would have refused the rose.

Looks like the girls all come together and say something to him next week about Courtney ... so he pulls her aside before he can give her the rose. Bet she talks her way into a rose and goes on to manipulate him til the end. Ug.

Poor Jennifer ... she struck out twice tonight. I guess she had to pay for the blue team loss.

Edited by ranchgirl, Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:30 PM.

cups

cups

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

His family I'm sure is beyond livid. After seeing his sister in a previous episode, she seemed really genuine, nice, chill, simple homegirl type and I am positive she would absolutely hate a girl like courtney. But beyond HIS family being mortified, can you imagine what the people who raised courtney are thinking? Can you imagine watching your daughter on tv saying those things, doing those things, skinning dipping, yuck.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

That entire skinny dipping scene was so contrived. I burst out laughing when Courtney "seductively" whistled to Ben--it was this weak little half whistle. Lauren Bacall, she ain't. The entire thing felt scripted and made up. Ben is "not sure how he feels" about going with the "model". Yeah right. Some hot chick wants to get naked with you and you are wavering. Uh-huh.

This whole season is fake. More so than usual. Courtney is clearly there as a plant to stir up trouble, her lines are bad and she can't even seem to stick to the script half the time. She's like a Panto villain. Cackling away about so and so, giving evil looks, saying "like" like about, like, 5 million times.

Emily, get a clue. He is a loser. Get your PhD, move on with your life.

Jennifer--didn't see that coming.

Elyse--don't care.

Glamourous Panama City! Really?

meanbutnice

meanbutnice

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:41 PM

LOL! Haven't seen this show in years. Not even sure how we landed on it tonight, but it sure was a great laugh! The Bachelor, lol, he's so gross! And he just looks so dumb. My husband and I couldn't stop cracking up at Ben's expense.

slowpoked

slowpoked

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:44 PM

Ashley is looking smarter every minute that she didn't pick this dense douchebag.

Brittney is looking smarter too for walking out of this mess on her own.

All of the girls he eliminated early are probably thanking their lucky stars right now. Shawntel just dodged a huge bullet from whatever "connection" she thought they had.

And he's even looking fuglier with the short haircut. I thought he would look better if he cut his hair. Now it can be confirmed that he is just really fugly, short or long hair.

Now I wish Ames was the bachelor. Maybe he and Emily can have tons of intelligent conversations. He'd also enjoy the company of Jennifer. I think even someone like Ryan Park would have seen through Courtney early on and use most of his time on Kacie B. She seems as earnest as him.

Edited by slowpoked, Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:45 PM.

Violette363

Violette363

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:47 PM

When Ben said, “I feel crappy about what happened with Courtney last night; I owe it to the other ladies to keep an open mind”, he wasn’t on camera. I believe that voice over was added within the last two weeks. Around the time the backlash on Courtney began to grow.

I am just as conspiracy-minded, Firthient, but I think it's more about doing some damage control for their Bachelor than it is about building suspense. Let's pretend Ben had misgivings and regrets!

Also want to echo the posters who pointed out Ben's cruelty in actually picking up the rose before telling Elyse she wasn't getting it.

Crumpet

Crumpet

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:49 PM

Bestart of the episode for me was Nikki's pronunciation of "muy" as "moo-ey." The dress she picked out after they got wet was moo-ey unflattering. But overall she's not bad.

Elyse didn't have a chance so I wasn't surprised to see her go but OUCH for Jennifer getting the boot before Blakely and Casey S.

SnidelyWhipass

SnidelyWhipass

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 12:09 AM

I just had to laugh and laugh--to me, Ben looks like such a goober (a rather unkempt goober at that), and yet these cute girls are just crushing on him in that "he's so dreamy!" way. Pathetic and hilarious. All he needed was a backward baseball cap. (Or did I miss that already in a previous episode?)

I SO agree. I totally laughed when he said goodbye to Elyse -- a gorgeous, smart woman -- and he dorkily walked along the beach (pigeon-toed, I believe) with his shiny skin, greasy hair and rolled up high-water pants, pensively dropping the rejected rose into the moonlit ocean.

Gag me.

And Elyse cried the driest tears I've ever seen . . . Jennifer too, actually. Why did they both "wonder what I did wrong." Sing hallelujah that you got out of there, without your dignity, but you got out . . . there's that, for sure. They're all watching this in the cold, hard light of (non-liquor/emotion-fueled) day and wonder whatEVER they were thinking "competing" for this DOPE.

And he feels so bad about his "time" with Courtney that FROM NOW ON he's going to be totally open with all the women . . . wow, nice do-over/reset on the honesty thing, Ben.

Random thoughts:
* Barefoot on the streets of Old San Juan . . . really?
* Jamie and Kasey S. -- why are they there? He never spends time with them; WE never spend time with them.
* Courtney has no boobs -- I think Ben had to feel like he was skinny-dipping with a 10-yr-old boy.
* Ben is the coldest 'reject-or' ever; maybe even worse than fake Jake and bumbling Brad.
* I don't want ANY of the women -- except Courtney -- to "win." Will he or won't he 'confess' the ocean episode in Puerto Rico to the "chosen one" before the most dramatic proposal ever?
* Ben is a douche (nice call on the New Girl reference!) and I peg Lindzi as the one NOT to cry and rip Ben in the limo of goodbye (or verbally assault him -- TM Courtney).
* The baseball game was actually semi-fun and the girls were impressive (not Ben, who cost the red team 3 runs on a throwing error).

But overall, tonight's show wasn't fun or entertaining (not even trainwreck entertaining). It was just pathetic and sad. I've been following Chris Harrison on Twitter; I'm going there to unfollow him now. He's in on and supportive of this weird franchise (but adds NO value, whatsoever -- I can even say his lines now). He has a daughter I think -- does he think about that when he sees what his boss Fliess does to women? Ick; no amount of 'feel good' programming with the new side job (is it cancelled already?) will clean this stain off your soul, Chris . . .

Edited by SnidelyWhipass, Jan 31, 2012 @ 12:35 AM.

Maddingcrowd

Maddingcrowd

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 12:50 AM

There has to be someone to root for on this show but it sure isn't Ben or Courtney. It's now apparent that when he wants to dump a girl on a date he asks her a bunch of questions and attacks every answer as if it's wrong. So you already feel you accomplished your professional and educational goals so now want to work on relationships? Wrong!

I'm guessing if Elyse said she didn't accomplish all of her goals and hoped her future husband would support her she would be wrong too. If you don't like someone just be honest-it had nothing to do with her goals. And to wave the rose in her face like that was pure rotten.

I really like Kacie B. but all we see on the show is Courtney. She has many, many insipid talking heads, and spends so much time with Ben that is is quite obvious. I would so much love it if all of the remaining women corner Ben and say "We get it. You only want Courtney. We are all leaving. Good luck with that." That would be the greatest bachelor moment ever.

I also don't understand what is so appealing about Courtney. I think she is one of if the ugliest woman there. Her eyebrows look just short of a unibrow, her lips and teeth are strange and her hair looks greasy. I would never think she was a model if I didn't know better.

Ben really pissed me off with the "tread lightly" remark. If that was me, it would have earned a "kiss my ass you loser", but poor Emily was just flustered.

Edited by Maddingcrowd, Jan 31, 2012 @ 12:53 AM.

Higgie

Higgie

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 12:58 AM

Courtney is such a skank- she is vile and she makes me sick- ugh- I HATE her! I can't believe Ben doesn't see through her- is there for a hook- up or to find a wife? I though Jennifer was one of his top picks, but I think she's lucky to be out of there. She's a lovely, classy girl and I'm sure she'll find love elsewhere. It kinda makes me sick to see the faces on these girls at the rose ceremony- they just look so hopeful and scared. If they only knew what Ben was up to with Courtney. It does look like they all "out" Courtney next episode- let's hope!

BTW- Cups- evidently Courtney & Ben "did it" while skinny-dipping.

slowpoked

slowpoked

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 1:09 AM

Elyse -- a gorgeous, smart woman --

I kind of blacked out on Elyse when she said those hideous, horrible things about Shawntel when she came on that cocktail party. Like, seriously, Shawntel just came on that night to compete with the rest of you for this dimwit. She didn't ask for any kind of special treatment. She told Ben she will be at the rose ceremony along with other girls - she didn't ask for a pass in advance. But Elyse acted like Shawntel killed her mother AND slept with her latest ex-boyfriend/husband on the same day. So I wasn't really feeling bad that she went home tonight. Good riddance.

Edited by slowpoked, Jan 31, 2012 @ 1:09 AM.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 1:13 AM

I really enjoyed this episode. The baseball date was the best group date I can remember. The skinnydipping, if nothing else, made for good television. I might have found it kind of hot too, even though I dislike both Ben and Courtney.

I am shocked at how many of these women actually seem datable. Usually I hate everyone on these shows. I would love to talk spreadsheets with Jennifer the Accountant. Maybe she wasn't gross enough to catch Ben's eye.

Palomar

Palomar

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 1:14 AM

There was so much wrong with tonite. First of all, if Ben does pick Courtney, he is seeing what she really is now a little too late. If Ben picks someone else, they get to see Ben skinny dipping with Courtney and pretty much being played in so many ways. They can't feel too good about Ben's behavior. Plus, it just really isn't fair that Courtney was allowed to have this time with Ben anyway. Of course any rules on this show are only enforced when they work for ratings. Wow, there sure are some great girls there who deserve so much better than Ben.

reggiejax

reggiejax

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 1:15 AM

The scoreboard clearly showed that the score was 6 - 7 in favor of the blue team in the bottom of the third (0 runs in the top of the inning, 1 run in the bottom of the inning). Why were they all telling us that the game was only supposed to be two innings and then went to a bunch of extra innings when the blue team should have won in the first extra inning? Are tiebreaker rules different in Puerto Rico??

Tiebreaker rules are the same in Puerto Rico as they are everywhere else baseball is played. Whatever reasons they continued the game are known only to the commissioner of Bachelor League Baseball (Chris Harrison), who himself is only a puppet of the owners (Mike Fleiss).

This is by far the biggest trainwreck of a Bachelor season. I never thought I'd yearn for the simpler days of Vienna and Jake.

Now I wish Ames was the bachelor.

I get the feeling Ames would be just as hated as Ben right about now. I don't know what it is, but the recycled Bachelors have all, to a man, seen their stock plummet upon becoming the Bachelor. I don't think Ames, even with all his positive attributes, would fare any better. After all, didn't he lose a little luster after his coupling with Jackie on The Bachelor Pad ended rather quickly a few weeks later. Thankfully it was off camera so the damage to his image was minimal. But a couple of episodes having to wade through these dingbats and I imagine old Ames ends up firmly on the douche side of the ledger.

Edited by reggiejax, Jan 31, 2012 @ 1:34 AM.

Pitstop

Pitstop

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 1:28 AM

Barrrfffff. This was the grossest episode ever!

Ben, you are not attractive, you are not wealthy, and you don't even have a personality. And yet he is arrogant and thinks he is god's gift to these women.

Oh yeah, Court-needy. Be proud that you are winning by being slutty. (Golf clap.) Really, how impressive! I mean, we should all be so jealous of what you have to offer.

How I wish the other women, upon seeing Ben offer "The Model" a rose, had stormed out of the room in unison, marched down to the beach, and all threw their roses in the ocean.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 1:50 AM

Maddingcrowd:

I also don't understand what is so appealing about Courtney. I think she is one of if the ugliest woman there. Her eyebrows look just short of a unibrow, her lips and teeth are strange and her hair looks greasy. I would never think she was a model if I didn't know better.

RS posted a photo of Russel brand that looks just like Courtney. Seriously, they look like brother and sister. similar egos, too, I think.
Ben feels "crappy" about his "intimate moment". I understand getting carried away in a moment. But the skinny dipping was orchestrated, with a camera crew notified about it. Courtney was hired to do this, it's why she is on the show. It's her attempt to change "model' to "actress".

Courtney certainly likes wine, huh? Match made in heaven. He makes it, she drinks it.

commenter

commenter

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 1:53 AM

I’ve never understood these people who “fall” for someone so hard after so little time in such a strange setting as the Bachelor/Bachelorette, especially early in the season, but maybe because so many of us are agreed that Ben is less than thrilling, it seems even more strange than usual this time. Four women leaving the field, half of them in tears over losing the baseball game to win time with Ben, one of the women going, “Time with Ben is precious (sniff).” It’s embarrassing.
When Courtney made fun of the losing team, saying, “Crybabies, all the way home on the bus: boohoohoo,” and then they showed them indeed crying in the darkened bus, I’m sorry, but it was funny.

I see Courtney as someone doing an act (whether she’s an actual “plant” or not), so I don’t get worked up about the things she says or does, and often find it amusing. When the women at the house were discussing Elyse’s ongoing 1-1 date and Courtney said something extreme, one of the women cracked a smile. I thought that she found Courtney amusing like I do.

When Elyse was on the boat, her long dark hair (which looks great, I think), was blowing back in the wind, but there was a strand caught in front of her left ear and hoop earring. It was so distracting, I kept wanting to reach forward and release it or for someone to do it.

Well that's it. Game over. How can he possibly pick another girl now that he has been "intimate" with Courtney?

Don’t all the Bachelors/Bachelorettes eventually get intimate with several of their suitors before the end of the season? I don’t understand why so many people are so disgusted, unless the same people always find the final episodes disgusting too. Yes, it’s a little earlier in the game, but even by the end, the Bachelor/Bachelorette still hardly knows any of the people there and at that point, they’re sleeping (or having very intimate private bedroom nights) with several people. (ETA: I actually find that, happening on TV especially, pretty striking, to say the least. All this serial kissing too. I'm just surprised there are such strong reactions to Courtney's skinny-dipping shenanigans when it's set amidst all the other stuff on this show.)

The scoreboard clearly showed that the score was 6 - 7 in favor of the blue team in the bottom of the third (0 runs in the top of the inning, 1 run in the bottom of the inning). Why were they all telling us that the game was only supposed to be two innings and then went to a bunch of extra innings when the blue team should have won in the first extra inning?

I thought I saw the scoreboard showing 2 runs in both the top and bottom of the third inning, forcing a fourth and final inning.

I don't know what it is, but the recycled Bachelors have all, to a man, seen their stock plummet upon becoming the Bachelor.

For me, the recycled Bachelors and Bachelorettes have often lost my respect at some point in their season as the lead, because they act (or are edited to look like they are being) excessively demanding of their suitors, and it looks like the lead role has gone to their head.

Edited by commenter, Jan 31, 2012 @ 5:09 AM.

zigbazag

zigbazag

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 1:57 AM

"I didn't know strippers could play baseball", and "She must have drank too much and the Jersey shore came out"...

Courtney, although vile, is a pretty witty. She's not stupid. She knows very well what's she doing, and is doing a great job. It's hilarious (and sad) to watch Ben being completely duped by this pro. Courtney's trolling everyone. What guy doesn't want to skinny dip with a model? Ben knew it wasn't a great idea, but, caught up in the moment, couldn't control his desires and disrespected every other woman there. Ben's conscience was getting to him, and that's why he was so stern with Emily. He was just redirecting his anger. This is exactly the train wreck Courtney is trying to cause!

Not sure why he sent Jennifer home, but she's thanking her lucky stars now.

Blakeley looks like a 34 year old Miley Cyrus. Honestly, I can't understand why Ben's kept her around either.

Casey S. is the prettiest there. It's a real shame she's so dense. I wonder what happens to her next week?

Edited by zigbazag, Jan 31, 2012 @ 2:02 AM.

Devil May Care

Devil May Care

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 2:00 AM

I'm frankly getting to the point that I'm cheering on Courtney's famewhoring ways (well, the whoring part is geting a bit literal) . She's at least there for an acheivable goal: winning the game and extending her aging modeling career. I wonder if her barbs are so weird and juvenile because she's forcing them out in order to be the "villain," thus keeping the producers interested, too. If the rest of them aren't famewhores, they're just idiots for thinking this show is a remotely good idea. It's not like earlier seasons have good track records for "finding love."

LucyJJane

LucyJJane

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 2:05 AM

Emily, get a clue. He is a loser. Get your PhD, move on with your life.

Jennifer--didn't see that coming.

Elyse--don't care.

Glamourous Panama City! Really?

Word!!

See, the thing with Emily is she's so smart on paper but she doesn't have a lick of common sense. I was in a sorority in college and I saw an endless parade of Emilys. Girls with 4.0s who would sit on my futon and bawl their eyes out about why so-and-so didn't like them. And "so-and-so" was usually a sanctimonious douche just like Ben. Guys like Ben have like, five people tell them they're great and boom, suddenly their heads can't fit through the door. And it's poor chicks like Emily who fall for guys like Ben and spend half their adult lives thinking they're not good enough for anyone.

I fell asleep at the end (surprise, since this show is so interesting and innovative) so I missed Jennifer getting voted off, but to be honest, I don't think I could pick her out of a line up. These girls are all just so boring and they all blend together. Every girl from every season looks just the same. Honestly. They're all leggy blonde/brunette twentysomethings who look like they starve themselves, gargle bleach and sleep in a tanning bed. Yawn.

Elyse....again, being in a sorority in a Big Ten school, I saw an endless parade of Elyses. Beautiful girls with smarts, a pocketful of degrees, and a truckload of ambition, but who would throw it all away for a relationship. Did I hear her correctly? She quit her job and missed being a part of her best friend's wedding just so she could appear on this joke of a show? Girl, please. I can't even. Go home and find someone who deserves you, not Ben and his stupid fucking haircut and his hideously boring personality.

Nikki needs to immediately quit this show and go into counseling, because that girl is so not over her divorce. I honestly thought she was going to burst into nostalgic tears when she saw that bride in San Juan. I could not stop laughing at "mooey" caliente. Ben is mooey, mooey, mooey, mooey, mooey caliente!!!

Courtney is awful. She grates worse than Michelle Money did. Michelle was manageable because it was pretty obvious that she was playing a part and she was at least having fun doing it. If Courtney is indeed a producer plant, then wow, congratulations. Because she is one of the worst bachelorettes in recent memory. She isn't outright, twist-your-mustache evil like Bentley was, she's subtle and conniving. And her voice is so fucking annoying. She sounds like Lill [and Phil] from the Rugrats.

Edited by LucyJJane, Jan 31, 2012 @ 2:15 AM.

GlamSnooky

GlamSnooky

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 3:04 AM

I thought from the previews last week that the other women would see the skinny dipping (or enough to know what happened.) Clearly Courtney wants them to figure it out. She should have just said it. Then all the women could walk out and this long, drawn-out season can end. I hope some of them do. I can't imagine going to the end knowing he had an "intimate moment" with Courtney (really, Higgie, sources are saying they did the deed? With the cameras right there? Or did they go back to his room? That's a first this early, with 11 women still there! Ew. Just, ew.) But I would have walked out after that snotty "tread lightly" comment. Someone's power mad, and it ain't pretty -- or deserved.

I intended to remain unspoiled this season, but after tonight, it kind of feels Ben's going through the motions despite his voice over about regret. I'm doubting his sincerity there. If he really ends up picking Courtney, I can't wait for the toxic breakup which has to be coming. These two are too self-involved not to come to blows.

Edited by GlamSnooky, Jan 31, 2012 @ 3:16 AM.

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 3:12 AM

I can't imagine going to the end knowing he had an "intimate moment" with Courtney (really, sources are saying they did the deed? With the cameras right there? Or did they go back to his room?

I haven't heard from any sources, but the fact that Ben felt "crappy" about it tells me that something did happen. Even with the cameras there, it's not like they can show porn on ABC.

That's a first this early, with 11 women still there!

Didn't Mesnick do it with Molly on the camping-in-the-yard date, while the filming was still at the mansion? There must have been more girls in the running then. The difference was that neither of them proclaimed it repeatedly to the cameras.

GlamSnooky

GlamSnooky

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 4:20 AM

I thought Molly later said nothing happened (that is, not sex, just necking). But she let the other women think it did, just to freak them out. Maybe she said they just fell asleep, I can't recall. In any case, it was a lot more circumspect than running around naked on the beach in full view of cameras. And Ben doesn't even have the excuse that he was drunk, he was speaking very clearly.

Enough happened between Ben and Courtney with the naked embracing that I would leave if I was one of the women and I knew. No doubt about it. No way would I take part in THAT kind of competition.

I really am struggling to figure out what any of the women see in Ben. He's just so bland, and if not bland, he's cold! He was so cold waving Elyse's rose around only to not give it to her -- how rude was that? And I still can't get over his implied threat to Emily. She was being honest about having stuck her foot in it (he keeps saying he wants honesty) but when she felt comfortable enough to explain her issues with Courtney, he turned into an iceberg. I've never had a guy say anything that controlling and threatening to me as he did to her. Tread lightly? Really, Ben? So she has to watch what she says, instead of being "open" and "honest," Ben's go-to words for "relationship"? She should have not accepted the rose and split. He's just not worth it.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 6:48 AM

Not a lot to add. That "tread lightly" comment. Really, Ben. That's a power comment. Not a comment made to an equal. You think you are her boss or something or just that you are superior to her? Of course, Emily was an idiot, apologising and then repeating herself with the dissing of Courtney which is never a good idea, but with Ben, it's especially bad since little Ben is obsessed with C.

And if he picks anyone other than Courtney.... boy this skinny dipping is going to come back to haunt him, BAD! As upset as Emily was at seeing Brad with Chantal, can you imagine if she had to watch him get naked with another woman?

As much as I think Ben deserves Courtney, I think ATFR would be quite a show if he picks someone else and then has to explain Courtney.

Suite100

Suite100

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 6:52 AM

My wishes have changed. The only B'ette I want to win is the one who will dump that Troglodyte after he proposes. Seriously.

Always Somethin

Always Somethin

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 6:58 AM

Honestly, people it's 2012...who still says RAD? Run, ladies, those of you with any ounce of self-respect...

I keep waiting for a lifeboat filled with men worthy of each of the remaining b'ettes affections to show up, wallop douchebag Ben and hightail it out of there! And leave Ben and Courtney to their own VAPID devices.

Laurie4H

Laurie4H

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 7:25 AM

My husband came into the room during the part where he was talking about Blakley opening up to him and just started laughing. He said he needs to leave the room before he got retarded and asked how I can watch this. He even jokingly tried to get the dog out of the room so he didn't have to endure the show.
I can't stand the "I can see myself with him/her". It's like the same lines over and over. "I really wanted to find love".
And they barely know Ben but say he is sincere? How can you really know that about anyone unless you really know them well?

Edited by Laurie4H, Jan 31, 2012 @ 7:26 AM.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 7:31 AM

Why Ben Faldkynkladynik is the worst Bachelor ever:

He actually thinks women are playing a hard game of baseball to "win time" with him, rather than because they're competitive girls who just want to win.

He says, "open," more often than a middle school girl says "like," and he says "like," almost as often as a middle school girl.

The idea of being with a model has gone to his head so much he has started to eliminate girls based on how short they are. Why else would he keep boring Rachel and cut Jennifer?

He has fallen for all Courtney's awkward, stumbling "seductive" moves like a teenager on his first date with the school tramp. I mean she teased him by lifting her robe and showing her bra. Who does that? She lacks any subtlety and he has zero sophistication.

He has to keep his back to the wind so we don't see how far back his hair has receded and it must be a pain for the camera men.

He actually gets angry at the women he's rejecting and lectures them about why it's all their fault. This week he told Elyse it was because he had a better connection with the girls he had asked on one-on-one dates. (Duh.) Last week Samantha cried and asked for more time with him and he said, "See! This is why you don't get one-on-one dates!" Emily gets the "tread lightly," warning. Have we ever had a mean bachelor before?

Edited by JudyObscure, Jan 31, 2012 @ 8:02 AM.