20-5: 2012.01.30

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

237 replies to this topic

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

Ben jumps the shark.

xiao_tuzi

xiao_tuzi

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

Ben is disgusting. Why a single woman is still there, I will never understand.

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

I pray Ben chose Courtney in the end, because I would hate for any of the rest of these women to end up with him. Emily wasn't very smart for bringing up Courtney again when it was so obvious he doesn't want to hear anything negative against her, but I would have told him to go fuck himself if he told me to "Tread lightly." He sucks.

Edited by kenyaj, Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:21 PM.

Makemelaugh

Makemelaugh

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

About the ickiest episode ever.

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

I would have told him to go fuck himself if he told me to "Tread lightly."

I agree. So much. Emily looks like she's starting to see the forest for the trees though, she really looked like she wouldn't be upset to leave at that rose ceremony.

Why did Jennifer go home? She certainly didn't see it coming and neither did I.

Courtney is so heinous its not even true. That comment about being a sight for sore eyes and after spending a whole day with Elyse he must have some sore eyes? Horrific.

alapaki

alapaki

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

Frankly the only thing that's making this season worth watching at this point is the thought of what's going through Ben's (and his family's) minds as they watch him simp out for Courtney.

Does anyone have the converter ring for what exactly "shared an intimate time" might mean? Are we talking full-on, or just a BJ?

monkfish

monkfish

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

When Ben said he is opening up to the women, it was his mouth speaking about itself.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

Emily wasn't very smart for bringing up Courtney again when it was so obvious he doesn't want to hear anything negative against her,

Emily is an 8th grader. It's not that Ben doesn't want to hear anything negative about Courtney. Any woman spending date time ragging on other women is an idiot. I'm surprised he didn't send her packing. She's not particularly attractive, an instigator, and flat out stupid.

cups

cups

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

I hope courtney gets kicked off soon. I cant stand seeing her on my television anymore and I just feel so sorry for Ben that he literally doesn't see it. She is a total walking personality disorder. And the sad thing is she is distracting Ben from actually finding someone. UGH. The whole skinning dipping scene, she is just trying to use the physical element to fool Ben. How does he not see all the alarming traits in her behavior??! I'm disgusted.

MrsBoulez

MrsBoulez

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

Amen, Kenyaj. "tread lightly." Really? What are you, her friggin' father? It's so unbelievably condescending. It's on my top ten list of Most Cringe-able Moments for "Ben Watches the Bachelor."

cups

cups

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:30 PM

I think Emily is very simple and I like that about her. She is genuine and calls it as it is. Having said that, she is not good at playing this game and doesn't know how to say all the right things to Ben. She deserves a lot better than him and give her props for actually looking out for him. She is just as horrified of the monster Courtney as all of us are.

adhoc

adhoc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

I decided not to watch this season, but I always read RS's commentary and spoilers. So based on that, I decided to flip on tonight's show.

I just had to laugh and laugh--to me, Ben looks like such a goober (a rather unkempt goober at that), and yet these cute girls are just crushing on him in that "he's so dreamy!" way. Pathetic and hilarious. All he needed was a backward baseball cap. (Or did I miss that already in a previous episode?)

Definitely not "suave and debonair"...

Edited by adhoc, Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:33 PM.

alapaki

alapaki

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

Emily is an 8th grader. It's not that Ben doesn't want to hear anything negative about Courtney. Any woman spending date time ragging on other women is an idiot. I'm surprised he didn't send her packing. She's not particularly attractive, an instigator, and flat out stupid.

I agree that the smarter 'ettes find a way to get another contestants to bitch about the one who's "not there for the right reasons". But still, most of the Bachelors are at least curious and want to know whether they're missing something. I can't recall another Bachelor shutting the conversation down with an uber-douchey "tread lightly".

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

shared an intimate time

Aka: trampling grapes while riding his stallion on his sailboat (tm repag).

(In other words, the whole shebang. And she faked it).

cups

cups

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

i missed something, who shared intimate time??

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

i missed something, who shared intimate time??

That's Ben's Euphemism for skinny dipping with Courtney (and who knows what else).

The baseball date was genius, I can't believe they've never done that before (with the women, at least).

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

When Ben said, “I feel crappy about what happened with Courtney last night; I owe it to the other ladies to keep an open mind”, he wasn’t on camera. I believe that voice over was added within the last two weeks. Around the time the backlash on Courtney began to grow. That little creative editing was done to assure viewers that the other ladies still had a chance. I think he was also instructed not to give her the first rose. Ben has never had a meaningful conversation with Jamie and Casey S, but yet they both receive roses before Courtney?! Whatever!

LadyJaney

LadyJaney

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:39 PM

Ben needs to borrow the "Douchebag Jar" from New Girl and empty out his pockets into it.

It is icky and disrespectful for him to go skinny dipping with that brunette Jessica Simpson wannabe. That's who she reminds me of, from her reality show days.

His date with Elyse was painful. The way he held up the rose and waved it around while rejecting her. Really? And her asking what she did wrong. Nothing Elyse, you are a beautiful woman, you'll do fine, you just dodged a major bullet.

These women seem to be losing their spines and self respect as the weeks progress. The tears, the self-doubt. A strong woman like Blakeley losing it? And over this guy who appears to me like he made up his mind over what he wants. Sad, if it ends up being the case.

Usually the "villains" on these shows are annoying but don't bother me as much as Courtney does (not even Vienna). It's almost like she's playing a part. Is she for real? And if she is, she is pretty loathsome. Ben is an idiot if he is buying it for real...

Edited by LadyJaney, Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:41 PM.

Suite100

Suite100

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:39 PM

Ben is such a toad.

cups

cups

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:40 PM

oh i see! ugh so gross. The way that courtney took her clothes off and orchestrated it, it seemed so professional as if she has literally done this exact same routine a thousand times. I'm sure she has. Yet another reason why she is so repulsive.

Edited by cups, Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:43 PM.

selina720

selina720

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

I find the way Courtney talks about herself as 'the model' to be particularly distasteful - along with about 1000 other things about her. It's like she realizes she's a caricature and she's fine with that, which is just sad. I keep picturing her walking around the hotels saying things like, "This is the model's chair. The model sits here, she doesn't share with others!" If she is a producer plant, she is an awful one. I know they want the drama, but it would be nice if they ever showed her possessing some kind of redeeming characteristic.

Excoaster

Excoaster

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:49 PM

Well that's it. Game over. How can he possibly pick another girl now that he has been "intimate" with Courtney? I can't believe he has the nerve to look any of the other ladies in the eye. So disrespectful to be leading them on and letting them develop feelings for him. I think Jennifer should thank her lucky stars she is out now.

Congrats to Emily for using big words like "vapid". I really like her. I hope she walks off on her own accord.

Arkay

Arkay

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

I find this show so amusing because it's such nonsense. All this agony and ecstasy over little Benny. Most of these girls are light years ahead of him in looks and personality, and (in Emily's case) brains as well. She did mess up by bringing up Courtney again, but to have to calibrate one's remarks in order to please such a nobody is more than anyone should bear.
I wonder if Courtney and her beachside Insta-Fantasy Suite will transform the whole "should you decide to forego your individual suite" scenario. If there is no rule about waiting for the overnight dates, then who will wait in the future?

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

Ben's ego is out of control. He really thinks he is something special. He was just eating it up that the women were playing ball so hard to win time with him. He makes me ill. And does he have to use the word "open" in every conversation?

Courtney is making fun of Ben. She was sure he had never gone skinny dipping with a model. Not poor little unpopular Ben. She always reminds Ben that she is a model like she is above him. He is giddy with excitement that someone normally out of his league is interested in him.

I would love to see Ben and his family watching this show. Oh Ben you are being used so Courtney can WIN.

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 10:56 PM

She is genuine and calls it as it is

I actually liked that she was trying to stand up for herself and her opinions and expressing them... she was literally saying "I want to focus on us, but I'm not taking back what I said." It just went terribly.

But then, my girl crush was solidified when she spot translated the date card on the fly.

Ben needs to borrow the "Douchebag Jar" from New Girl and empty out his pockets into it.

YES! (my hubby and I are laughing out loud at this line!!!) Saying to Elyse that his relationships with other girls had already progressed beyond what he thought theirs could ever reach was shitty. You can't say that to someone who only got one date in 3 weeks you jerk. And don't you know Bachelor rule number 1: Don't dump someone by comparing her to the other women. At least make the breakup about the person you're talking to.

Violette363

Violette363

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:00 PM

"Tread lightly"??? Has this douche gone MAD with power? How could poor Emily even accept a rose after that? I'm really surprised -- inevitably all of the Bachelors come across as leering and a little douchey, but I've never seen any Bachelor this horribly and openly rude -- and I go back as a viewer to the days of Alex Michel. Ben has outdouched Jake Pavelka, a feat previously considered impossible.

Sailing

Sailing

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:00 PM

God, I hope Ben picks Courtney. For one, his slimy self deserves her painfully awkward manipulations. But two, how can he choose any other woman after skinny dipping with Courtney and then having the F1 have to see that cheap mess play out on TV? What really gets me is that clearly Ben knew going skinny dipping on NATIONAL TELEVISION was a horrible idea, yet he did it anyway. Thinking with the little head, that's our Ben. Oh, and that shot of Courtney in her robe on the stairs? Downright deranged. If I were Ben I would have run the other way in terror.

Was not a fan of Elyse after her over-the-top mean-girling of Shawntel a few weeks back. Heck, I'll even admit I cracked a smile at Courtney's Jersey Shore comment. But, the way Ben let her go was just so poor. I had to feel for her when she kept asking what she did wrong. Obviously she didn't do anything wrong, but Ben the wordsmith and his weak explanation as to why she wasn't getting the rose didn't clear things up in the slightest. God, can this man string two words together without having to resort to Bachelor-speak about connections and awesomeness?

I still hold out hope for Emily because she's decent and has half a brain, but her obsession with Courtney will be the death of her in Ben's eyes. His comment about "treading lightly" and not knowing what his relationships with the other women are like? Ice cold. Don't these B'ettes know that the fastest way to alienate a Bachelor is by constantly talking about the other women (particularly those that the Bachelor is smitten with?) Whatever. She (and the rest of these women, with the exception of horrid Courtney) will all be much better off after they're off this show and can get back to reality and dating actual men, instead of this shaggy man-child.

Did not see the Jennifer cut coming. I thought they had a nice connection, but that's this show for you. The more sincere you are, the more likely you are to be dumped. I suspect Ben was thinking of letting Blakely go, but after she "opened up" he couldn't do that without looking like a total jerk. Don't cry, Jennifer, you're better off without this loser. Who needs a man who describes her and her job as an accountant as by saying she's so smart "and she's really pretty"?

MsSweatpants

MsSweatpants

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:01 PM

"Who knew strippers could play baseball?"

Courtney is vile, but at the same time, yeah... I've long thought that Blakeley's "VIP cocktail waitress" job description was a euphemism for exotic dancer.

yruneh

yruneh

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:03 PM

I think Emily is very simple and I like that about her. She is genuine and calls it as it is. Having said that, she is not good at playing this game and doesn't know how to say all the right things to Ben. She deserves a lot better than him and give her props for actually looking out for him.

Yeah, that how I see her. She sucks at playing the game of The Bachelor. But really, isn't sucking at jumping through these hoops a virtue rather than a flaw. She smart and pretty. On one hand, it wouldn't be interesting to see her as The Bachelorette. On the other hand, wishing future fame-whoredom on a person probably isn't a good thing.

I missed some of the Courtney drama to flip over to more dignified programming . . . Hoarders.

Some of these women really blend together. I could have sworn that the personal trainer was the one one who pulled the collapsing act at the Shawntel rose ceremony before getting kicked off. Yet the personal trainer was Elyse with a one-on-one tonight.

Paraphrasing - Ben says, "We're going to the most fabulous city . . . " The women light up with anticipation. They must be going to Paris. ". . . in all of Central America: Panama City." Emily puts on a funny expression.

bangs

bangs

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

The scoreboard clearly showed that the score was 6 - 7 in favor of the blue team in the bottom of the third (0 runs in the top of the inning, 1 run in the bottom of the inning). Why were they all telling us that the game was only supposed to be two innings and then went to a bunch of extra innings when the blue team should have won in the first extra inning? Are tiebreaker rules different in Puerto Rico??