Key & Peele

• Please log in to reply

482 replies to this topic

nicepebbles

nicepebbles

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 5:29 PM

Mr. Nice and I were dying at the couple looking for the apartment. Key in his purple outfit with the purple shoes. "He's a good kid....He just smoke crack." That delivery. (Side note: That kitchen was hella small.) The funniest though was Baby Whitaker. The creepiest thing we've seen in a while. I couldn't stop laughing.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

President Obama was on Late night with Jimmy Fallon last night/this morning and he mentioned seeing the clip featuring Peele as him and Key as Luther: the President's anger translator. President Obama didn't know Jordan's name but mentioned he did a very good impression of him and that he also found the sketch funny.

LiberryLady

LiberryLady

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

My husband just rewatched Weird Al's White & Nerdy, and who should be watching Al mowin' his lawn? Key and Peele!

Edited by LiberryLady, Apr 25, 2012 @ 5:28 PM.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

President Obama was on Late night with Jimmy Fallon last night/this morning and he mentioned seeing the clip featuring Peele as him and Key as Luther: the President's anger translator. President Obama didn't know Jordan's name but mentioned he did a very good impression of him and that he also found the sketch funny.

I just saw that, and you know they were super thrilled. Can you imagine the president commenting on your impersonation of him when you're in your first season, and most people who pass you on the street wouldn't know you from adam? It's not like Carvey with Bush. Do Key & Peele have Twitter accounts?

HarpsiPoet

HarpsiPoet

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

Do Key & Peele have Twitter accounts?

http://twitter.com/#!/JordanPeele
http://twitter.com/#!/KeeganMKey

I think they were actually trending for a while on twitter last night after Obama mentioned them.

I like this tweet from Jordan:
"Crazy. Obama on @jimmyfallon likes our Luther sketch. Does anyone know if Nelson Mandela has seen our 'Baby Forrest Whitaker' sketch yet?"

Edited by HarpsiPoet, Apr 25, 2012 @ 9:00 PM.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

I like how Peele says "I can die now" as he links to the video. Congrats to them. If the put K&P after Workaholics and before The Daily Show that would be great. Or they could put them both at 10:30 on different nights.

I said

biiiiiiiii

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

Loved seeing them in the White & Nerdy video, which might be my favorite Weird Al parody.

I'll have to check out their Twitter feeds.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:14 AM

I can't wait until they impersonating President Obama AND Jimmy Fallon. Maybe we'd get a sketch where Luther wants to appear on Fallon, but nobody lets him :)

The latest Obama sketch I really like was when he and his daughter were trying to get money out from the ATM machine and everyone was like pissed because they took so long. And then the ending where the rude guy berated the woman, but the woman was like gonna hit him, so he backed away slowly. I just laughed so hard.

Obama Fallon

"Crazy. Obama on @jimmyfallon likes our Luther sketch. Does anyone know if Nelson Mandela has seen our 'Baby Forrest Whitaker' sketch yet?"

Heheee, I wanna know what Forrest Whitaker think about the baby sketch!

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 2:55 PM

Heheee, I wanna know what Forrest Whitaker think about the baby sketch!

Me too, what I've seen of him makes me think he takes himself way too seriously.

whywatch

whywatch

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 5:08 PM

That sketch freaked me out a bit, especially when he sat on his lap and was patting his face.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:11 PM

I haven't rewatched that ep, but I can still hear that deep voice in my head. "Goo goo gah gah."

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 1:37 PM

I'm disappointed that the episode description that showed up for the Magical Negro fight was "two mystics...." This show has held up really well on rewatch. The Mama's Sugar Shack sketch gets funnier and funnier, and the Kobe beef one is great too. Dare I say it, the skits on this show are every bit as good as much of Chappelle, in its own way. I'm still curious to see what he ends up saying about them, since they took the baton from him.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 6:21 PM

I'm disappointed that the episode description that showed up for the Magical Negro fight was "two mystics...."

At least that's somewhat close to what happen, other shows have had descriptions that aren't even close or are based on the original script for a show's episode and so it doesn't deal with all the editing that happens to a script by the time a show finally airs.

megsara

megsara

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 1:37 PM

Check out both their twitter feeds from today - they just met Obama! How fun for them, as well as POTUS.

Also, premiere date for Season 2 announced - September 26.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 8:52 PM

Wow, they met the president! And Key says the picture with them and Obama is coming. Can't wait to see that.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 5:07 PM

It's cool we don't have to wait a year until the 2nd season.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 6:53 PM

Interview with Keegan. In addition to him saying he really admires Dave Chappelle, I thought this part was good because I agree these are some of their funnier sketches::

If someone reading this hasnít seen your show, what sketches would you tell them best exemplify the heart and soul of what you do?
Probably the bitch sketch and the soul food sketch. I keep saying the bitch sketch is our favorite but itís our favorite because weíre subjective about it, a sketch that we kind of cracked open. I love people to watch, like, the ancestry.com commercial parody. In season two thereíll be that signature subtlety but thereíll be more nail-it-on-the-head stuff going on. So as much as I enjoyed performing the Black Jeff/White Jeff scene, where heís kind of flip-flopping back and forth, that to me is a flavor-giver more than speaking directly to what our pocket is. But that soul food sketch is right in the pocket.

But there's a lot more in there to read. It's a lengthy interview and a joy to read. Of course since I'm almost the lone workaholics cheerleader around here I loved this part:

you know what show makes me laugh? Workaholics. I have no business liking that show. Iím 15 years too old, but those three gentlemen are genuinely and intrinsically funny. Iím 41 so Iím supposed to go, ďThatís puerile thatís sophomoric,Ē but Iím laughing the whole time.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

Damn, now I have to watch Workaholics. Thanks for posting that interview.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 4:17 AM

I am new to the show, but it never fails to make me laugh at least once an episode!

Thanks for the link to the Ancestry.com parody Doom; that was great! The bitch sketch was funny and the soul food sketch was surreal!

Personally, I think I sorta love Luther, the POTUS' Anger Translator. "'Cause you motherf....rs never listen!'

So glad to hear they have a second season! Thanks, Comedy Central!!

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 2:19 PM

You're welcome! The comedy central website where they host clips is positively awful, so I'm glad to learn that they have many of the skits on YouTube. My favorites in addition to the soul food and "I said.." sketches, are Zombie Attack, the Phone Call, the Violent High-Fiving, Magical Negroes, and the Delete It girls. And "Momma don'tcha hit no black boys booootyyyyy! 200 years aint nothin chaaaaanged." The Black Jeff/White Jeff skit he refers to is also great, as is the guy trying to get medical mary jane, and Flicker is just genius, along with the one where Peele steps to every woman they see. A lot of the skits aren't funny to me, but when they are on, they're on. It would probably make my year if Chappelle popped up in a skit for the new season. I could totally see it happening. I remember Dave talking about how Richard Pryor's blessing was worth more than the 50 million comedy central gave him. And I bet Key & Peele would (on a much smaller scale obviously) feel honored to have Dave bless their show.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 3:46 PM

Personally, I think I sorta love Luther, the POTUS' Anger Translator

I love him too, "And you're gonna say no before I can even suggest some shit!"

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 9:35 AM

Wow, they met the president! And Key says the picture with them and Obama is coming. Can't wait to see that.

Here ya go :)

Owh, they look so happy.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 8:16 PM

Thanks for the link, HoneyBee! A nice snapshot indeed.

I wonder if the next chance he can, if the real POTUS will use Luther's services? It could be pretty funny.

WrorpBB

WrorpBB

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

I was just watching the movie Wandlerlust (which just came out on DVD recently) and noticed both Key and Peele are in the movie, Peele in particular is in quite a bit of the movie.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Jul 11, 2012 @ 3:31 PM

I recently found out if you watch the latest run of season one episodes Ondemand you'll also be able to watch the "Vandaveon and Mike" commentary for that episode.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Jul 17, 2012 @ 11:45 PM

I dive for the remote to avoid seeing them. The show is funny, V&M are just subpar to me.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 2:14 PM

So far I've only seen one Vandaveon and Mike clip and although it wasn't as funny as the rest of the episode I still found it funny because I've known guys like them.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 12:42 AM

Comedy Central is advertising the return of the show, starting September 26th. The promo I saw featured President Obama and Luther, his anger translator.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 12:21 PM

Wow, so soon. Thanks for the heads up.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

I find Conan O'Brien to be highly irritating, but it looks like Jordan (Peele) will be on his show Monday night (9/24) and I might tune in to see what he has to say. 11pm (eastern) on TBS. I think it re-broadcasts at 1am, as well.

I wonder if Key & Peele will do a lot of news-related humor this season, with the election in high gear, or if they will stick with mostly more general material. The timing is perfect if they want to do the current events stuff, but I don't know if they write and film well in advance, like many shows, or if they are intending to be "up to the minute" like others.