S24: Kim

• Please log in to reply

474 replies to this topic

Paron Xanthis

Paron Xanthis

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 6:24 PM

Hi. I liked Stephenie, Elisabeth, and Amanda.

Not a good sign.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 6:53 PM

And she seems to have her own Ben-Wade vibe: "And I can figure out what animal a person would be within five minutes of meeting them."

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2012 @ 9:42 PM

I liked Stephenie, Elisabeth, and Amanda.

Not a good sign.

She seems to like the outdoorsy, physical type of women. I'd much rather have that than someone who's into Parvati, Jenna M. or Heidi. She may not win the game, but I'd rather see a woman who values physical competition than one who's primary tactic is to exploit the tits-and-ass-and-eyelashes angle.

BearPaw25

BearPaw25

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2012 @ 2:37 AM

BDArizona...Except of the three girls you deride for their supposed angle, two have already won and I would say neither did it solely by that way.

On the other hand, while Amanda has relatively strong showings for the first 38 days, on the 39th day, she wouldn't be able to talk her way out of a brown paper bag if she tried. On top of that she cited Amanda because she is..."tall"? So it wasn't even for any strategy aspect.

Then there is Elisabeth who basically turned her nose up at the possibility of actually playing and winning the game of Survivor in favor of looking down her nose at those she considered less than perfect like Amber.

Finally we have Stephenie who is so arrogant and full of herself that she can be considered only a few places away from Russell Hantz in that department. As a matter of fact she had Survivor Guatemala in the palm of her hand and through extremely poor gameplay pissed it all away.

So...yes. I would personally be worried with her citations of those girls.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 1:37 AM

BearPaw25
On the other hand, while Amanda has relatively strong showings for the first 38 days, on the 39th day, she wouldn't be able to talk her way out of a brown paper bag if she tried. On top of that she cited Amanda because she is..."tall"? So it wasn't even for any strategy aspect.

Then there is Elisabeth who basically turned her nose up at the possibility of actually playing and winning the game of Survivor in favor of looking down her nose at those she considered less than perfect like Amber.

Finally we have Stephenie who is so arrogant and full of herself that she can be considered only a few places away from Russell Hantz in that department. As a matter of fact she had Survivor Guatemala in the palm of her hand and through extremely poor gameplay pissed it all away.

So...yes. I would personally be worried with her citations of those girls.

As would I. While each of those girls weren't necessarily terrible, gameplay-wise, they're the last women I'd model my game after.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2012 @ 1:01 AM

Except of the three girls you deride for their supposed angle, two have already won and I would say neither did it solely by that way.

I happen to disagree. Both Jenna and Heidi were all about the flirt-and-get-naked bullshit. I have no respect for either, and winning doesn't change that. Beyond that, there are lots of winners of this game that I don't care to watch. Winning doesn't make them people I care to see on my TV.

Finally we have Stephenie who is so arrogant and full of herself that she can be considered only a few places away from Russell Hantz in that department.

That is definitely a subjective take on Stephenie. I don't happen to agree that she was either arrogant or full of herself. Comparing her to Russell is even more subjective. When I think of who Stephenie reminds me of, Russell isn't even close.

Two of those girls got to the end. Rob is hailed as some great master of Survivor, despite needing a rigged game and four tries to win--and failing to make the jury in two of his four seasons. Amanda, who got to the end twice, as well, didn't have the advantage of a game made specifically to protect her. So, I do think she was a good player.

Edited by BDArizona, Feb 3, 2012 @ 1:19 AM.

BearPaw25

BearPaw25

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2012 @ 4:46 AM

I mean...I am not saying that you don't have the right to feel the way you feel about those girls(although I still do have to point out that, while Jenna used those tactics, she by no means won because of it) but if she is trying to model herself after Survivor contestants, I would hardly pick them when they have been proven to not being able to clinch the grand prize.

The girls you have cited deserving of less respect or whatever however have. Also re: Amanda, it still doesn't account for the fact that she chose her because she was..."tall".

Babylonia

Babylonia

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 7, 2012 @ 4:50 PM

Smart woman, throws in a "Subway" endorsement in her bio. I wonder if they're a sponsor of the show this year?

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 1:30 AM

If nothing else, I give her points for admitting that she'd have done the same thing if she'd been in the guys' shoes regarding the challenge.

fashionkills

fashionkills

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 2:51 AM

She is my pick along with Sabrina and Monica to be the last woman standing this season. she seems strong, smart and calculate. Plus, I also like that she is extremely articulate.

littledonnie

littledonnie

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 9:46 AM

Plus, even after 5 days, she's still incredibly hot. Was her luxury item a makeup case?

fashionkills

fashionkills

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 5:17 AM

Plus, even after 5 days, she's still incredibly hot. Was her luxury item a makeup case?

Her skin is wondrous, isn't it? It glows, constantly.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 1:31 AM

Based on her taste in past contestants, I had reservations about her. But tonight, it was pretty clear to me that she's one of the main sources of calm and rational thought on Salani. I don't see her tribe wanting her out at all.

Funeris Nocturnum

Funeris Nocturnum

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

Interesting... Nina's interviews paint Kim as the silent leader of their tribe, and a manipulator playing both sides while being everyone's friend.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:19 AM

I find that very believable. Kim seems stealthy. I don't really like her, but I have a feeling she's going to prove to be a pretty good player.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

I really like her. She doesn't seem sneaky to me but like a good natured person who kind of goes with the flow. I can imagine other players thinking she's being manipulative if she appears friendly with one person today and another the next, while it might just be that she's able to get along with all sorts of people. As a bridal shop manager I expect she's smart, organized and able to put up with all sorts of airheaded behavior.

She is always laughing in her interviews, usually at herself, so I wish we saw more of her. A few times, she's been talking while the camera shows Chelsea. Show seems to have a thing for chicken catching Chelsea anyway, so I really wish they could pull the camera off of her during the rare moments when someone else is speaking.

Funeris Nocturnum

Funeris Nocturnum

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 8:25 PM

This episode backed-up most of what is being alluded to in the post-game interviews, with Kim being the one working the guys about an intergender postmerge alliance, and Sabrina implying that Kim was the most indispensable in her alliance. Then as an added bonus, she has the HII. Hope she goes far.

TDA Jake

TDA Jake

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

I do, too. She's smart, perceptive, and playing both sides just as effectively as Colton did tonight.

I think she'll ultimately side with the women, though, if she hopes for any loyal jury votes. Throwing them aside for the men will doom her.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:30 AM

This episode backed-up most of what is being alluded to in the post-game interviews, with Kim being the one working the guys about an intergender postmerge alliance, and Sabrina implying that Kim was the most indispensable in her alliance. Then as an added bonus, she has the HII. Hope she goes far.

Funeris, if Kim, Chelsea, and Sabrina are F3, this season will have been worth it. I can dream, can't I? :-)

Ravenous Bugbla

Ravenous Bugbla

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 7:56 AM

I think, based upon what's being shown to us by the editors, she stands a very good chance of winning this season. She's been getting a positive edit and last night we got to see her talking about her strategic plans. She has to be going deep into the game at least.

thehepburn

thehepburn

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:09 AM

She got a seemingly great episode last nite. For the record, I don't think she will make it to the end with all females. The scene with Kim, Troy, and Jay implied a F3 right there. Kim said in the very first episode that she wasn't into the Girl Power movement but that she will go with it for now. But her actions this episode implies that she is not that loyal the the girls. She denigrated Chelsea, saying that "she is not playing the game" even tho she is closest to her. Sabrina wants to always be aligned with her but Kim's feelings don't seem to be reciprocal considering her actions with the idol.

OneGeek

OneGeek

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

She denigrated Chelsea, saying that "she is not playing the game" even tho she is closest to her.

I got the impression she was trying to backtrack a bit so that no one would target Chelsea, because just prior to that statement she had said that Chelsea was 'great.' Later on, her private discussion with Chelsea was specific about the need to keep their close alliance a secret so that they wouldn't be targeted as a 'couple.'

thehepburn

thehepburn

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

She is playing close to the vest so who really knows? She could have said MANY other things to distance herself from Chelsea to the guys but she chose to characterize Chelsea as not playing the game and as a follower which leads me to think that is how she really feels.

TDA Jake

TDA Jake

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 3:43 PM

Yet she said she trusts no one but Chelsea. So my vote goes to downplaying her game to the guys' faces, but really thinking she's more of a player than she's letting on to them.

Still, I'd rather she stick with the original Salani group, because she really risks Sabrina and Kat's jury votes being lost if she doesn't. Provided they all reach the jury phase, of course.

SpeciousLogic

SpeciousLogic

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 5:31 PM

Funeris, if Kim, Chelsea, and Sabrina are F3, this season will have been worth it. I can dream, can't I? :-)

I guess I'm dreaming with you, because that's my ideal F3 right now as well. Most of the other women (except maybe Christina) have been getting more screen time for various reasons, but the emerging story is that Kim is the glue and the brains behind the operation. She let Sabrina take the "leader" role and run with it, Chelsea is a physical threat, and the others generate more drama -- but it seems like almost everyone considers her the go-to girl to talk strategy.

And now she's in the middle of covering bases with the new boys in her tribe, pulling in 2 of them while ensuring that a 3rd guy who is a physical threat (Mike) is set up as a solid first boot should they lose.

She seems to be making lots of friends or at least allies, without alienating anyone or putting a target on herself.

It's way too early to tell yet, but it's conceivable that she's heading into the rarefied territory of a genuine Survivor mastermind.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 6:31 PM

It's way too early to tell yet, but it's conceivable that she's heading into the rarefied territory of a genuine Survivor mastermind.

And if she wins, she'll end up with... 21 confessionals. Approximately.

Funeris Nocturnum

Funeris Nocturnum

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

These idiots better wisen up fast, because the HBIC is on a mission. The latest boot has her prints all over it.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

She's in total control and isn't getting super cocky about it, I think she's around for a while. Probably the winner.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

I agree. She's in a great spot -- a solid main ally/partner, two potential alliances to choose from that she won't really have to choose from for a long time, and an idol. She could really go the distance if she plays her cards just right.

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

Part of me wonders if she were a man would they be pushing her as a top notch player. What I mean is there has not been a female player like her on this show for a couple of seasons. Yes Sophie won but Coach was ruling the game. Kim on the other hand is running this game right now and there is no doubting that. However, she does not seem to be getting the attention that a man would get in a similar situation.