S24: Alicia

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

111 replies to this topic

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

I have one word for her, vile.

J T

J T

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Part of me wonders if Alicia is really that nasty and clueless and classless, or if they (TPTB) encourage them to act this poorly just to keep people talking. Either way, if she was the teacher of my special needs child, I would request that she have no access or association with him/her ever again based on her behavior here. Seriously, how could you go on a television show and be so nasty. Unbelievable.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

A perfect case study in how power can bring out the worst in people. Of course, I don't think Alicia's best behavour is far from her worst.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:51 PM

She sure is a vile one, isn't she? I'm always amazed that people act like that in real life and/or actually just want to act like that for the kick of it and be on tv. It just blows my mind. Her, Colton & Corrine. They should start their own tribe & move far, far away.

Brendino

Brendino

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 6:43 AM

I guess now with the repulsive Colton gone, the spotlight will shine brighter on Alicia's own special brand of bullying and racism. THIS WOMAN IS A SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHER??? How frightening. Because I feel no compunction about being cruel to cruel people, let me just add that Alicia is dog ugly, both inside and out.

ratgirlagogo

ratgirlagogo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:26 PM

THIS WOMAN IS A SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHER??? How frightening.

It's mind-boggling. Do you think she still has a job after the school and the parents have watched this season? And of course Naonka was a teacher, too. Holy Toledo.

And Colton didn't give her the HII! Hope she goes next.

JstaPwn

JstaPwn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Alicia bears a strong resemblence to the kid credited as the feral kid in the movie Road Warrior. She's nasty and mean and I'm sure her parents are so proud of her.

fredfunk

fredfunk

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 3:30 PM

A horrible small minded troll of a person. She needs someone to TEACH her how to behave in a rational, non-belligerent, caring way. You know, what you are suppose to learn as a child.

DragonScribe

DragonScribe

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 5:06 PM

Losing Colton has totally undercut Alicia's game-play. As soon as he was gone, she knew she was in danger with the Manano tribe. Without Colton and if there'd been one more pre-merge elimination, I think she would have been out.

As it was, the merge has saved her for the time being. But I think coming back into the circle of women, she's realized she has no power. She may have been the one that pulled the five women together to start with, but she's not the power-broker now, and I think she senses it. If she were smart, she'd change her game, make up with Christina and ally with the guys. Otherwise... she might last longer than Christina in booting order, but she's definitely behind Kat in the women's ranking (Kim, Sabrina, Chelsea, Kat ...).

I also think it is hilarious that she's the one in the opening episode of this season that said on the truck ride to the site that she'd make up to the guys and use sexuality if it would get her further in the game. I remember thinking at the time that she was envisioning herself as the "next Parvati". And what happened? Not only did none of the guys really like her, the only one that cultivated her company was the one who, by definition, had no interest in her other than game-play. Massive fail there, in my book.

She's keeping quiet now. Thankfully.

SpeciousLogic

SpeciousLogic

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 5:35 PM

If she were smart, she'd change her game, make up with Christina and ally with the guys. Otherwise... she might last longer than Christina in booting order, but she's definitely behind Kat in the women's ranking (Kim, Sabrina, Chelsea, Kat ...).

I think that would be really dumb, not smart. Going from 5th (at the very worst) in an alliance of women she liked and helped put together, to 5th or even 6th in an alliance of 4 men and 2 women (including the one woman she's never liked) -- how on earth does that benefit her?

DragonScribe

DragonScribe

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 2:22 AM

I think that would be really dumb, not smart. Going from 5th (at the very worst) in an alliance of women she liked and helped put together, to 5th or even 6th in an alliance of 4 men and 2 women (including the one woman she's never liked) -- how on earth does that benefit her?

Okay, I see your point. Although, maybe I just have a hard time believing that Tarzan is anything but last in a ladder heirarchy. And I think it would be possible for someone who was persistent to get into an alliance ahead of Leif. He's a nice guy, but he's not really "playing the game."

Yogurt Baron

Yogurt Baron

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

And I think it would be possible for someone who was persistent to get into an alliance ahead of Leif. He's a nice guy, but he's not really "playing the game."

That's kind of what you want in the person who's fourth on the ladder in your alliance of six, though. Assuming in this scenario that it's Jay and Troy on the top, who are they going to want to take to F4 with them---harmless Leif or conniving Alicia? Which of those people is likelier to stab them in the back and take one of them out before F3? I think Alicia's relative strength as a player, and not her odious personality, is why she shouldn't go much further.

DigiKing

DigiKing

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

Well, the thing is, Alicia and Tarzan are likely to make it pretty far due to their goat status, although Alicia has kind of faded into the background lately (although I loled when she came down that slide, I knew she'd end up with a blur bubble, and did they even show her going through the course at all last week?). So any one of the guys could say that they were willing to take her to the end, mean it, and actually envision it as their strategy.

On the other hand, Alicia knows she's #6 for sure among the females; they already said they would have made different choices on who to ally with if they could do it again. So the same scenario possibly applies, except she knows the women to be less likely to throw each other under the bus than the men. The women don't seem to be thinking goat strategy, which does not favor Alicia.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 12:41 AM

Alicia knows she's at least number five, actually. She thinks (and is right) that she ranks above Christina, at the very least. And I'm thinking she might have a chance of moving above Kat, at least.

DigiKing

DigiKing

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

Sorry, you're right about #5. But that's the thing; Alicia, Kat and Christina should know that staying with the women leaves them out in the cold for F3. Team Ladies ends with Kim, Chelsea and Sabrina, easily. Someone should see that playing for Kim means that Kim wins Survivor, but for some reason everyone thinks Kim has their best interests at heart. Survivor is in a sense a team sport, but it's really not. Only 1 woman can win, and that woman is certainly not Alicia, if she stays allied with the women.

I do think it would be tough to take Kat out, but even if she does, there's no way she's going to get Sabrina out of the Kim/Sabrina/Chelsea knot. On the other hand, Troy and Jay seem to be tight, but not so much with Leif and Tarzan. If Alicia is willing to work with them and can show them that Kim has turned on them already, she could flip them and get to F3. Of course, she'd have to explain the same to Christina and Kat, but it would certainly be a better strategy than hitting the women's F4 wall.

I don't think it's likely that this will happen. Alicia doesn't seem self-aware enough to see how others view her, and it's likely that the men will get picked off and Alicia will go "...oh."

Yogurt Baron

Yogurt Baron

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:58 PM

I do think it would be tough to take Kat out, but even if she does, there's no way she's going to get Sabrina out of the Kim/Sabrina/Chelsea knot.

Wasn't it just a couple of episodes ago that Kim and Chelsea made an alliance with Troy and Jay (and tentatively Mike), and Sabrina kept giving confessionals about how the women were staying strong? Kim and Chelsea are a clear pair, but I don't see Sabrina as their third, either from a what-we've-seen-on-the-show perspective or from a what-would-be-best-for-them-going-forward perspective. For one thing, she's too likable. If I were Kim, I'd much rather take Kat or Alicia to F3 than Sabrina.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

• Interests:Left wing politics, sci-fi, sports, competitive reality shows

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:37 PM

But that's the thing; Alicia, Kat and Christina should know that staying with the women leaves them out in the cold for F3.

I'm not sure that allying with the men puts them in much better position, especially if they had done so prior to the last episode. It's purely supposition on my part, but I think that many players believe it's better to stay with a known, safe alliance, and hope to win a crucial immunity or weasel into a higher slot in the elimination order. They probably worry that flipping will not improve their lot or final finish significantly, makes them look disloyal to a potential jury, and could backfire and cause them to be booted even sooner than they might otherwise have been.

The idea that Troy or Jay would pick her over Leif or Greg is iffy, at best. Whether or not they were especially close, they have known Greg and Leif longer in the game. Maybe they let her in, but I think that "maybe" is just as big as the "maybe" she has with breaking into the Sab/Kim/Chelsea group. At least with the women, she has ties going back to the beginning of the game.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:31 AM

The bizarre thing: We know from an earlier extra footage clip of a conversation between Christina and Jonas that if the men had been able to convince her that they were 100% unified, she'd have gone with them post-merge.

In extra footage tonight, Alicia says she had thought about going with the men post-merge, because she realized her position with the women was shaky. But when the men couldn't get their act together, she said to hell with them.

So not only did Colton greatly assist the Pagonging of his tribe, so did Greg. If he and Jonas had not had their little falling out - a visible sign of discord among the men - who knows how this could have gone?

libgirl

libgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:33 AM

The idea that Troy or Jay would pick her over Leif or Greg is iffy, at best. Whether or not they were especially close, they have known Greg and Leif longer in the game.

I agree. If I'm male and my 3rd person options for F3 are Tarzan, Leif, or Alicia, Alicia is the one I definitely don't take. Leif has just been carried along and won't get votes and Tarzan has annoyed the bejesus out of people. However, both were in my original alliance and you *know* who would feel close enough to them to vote for them. (Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?) With Alicia having started out in a different alliance, there's a chance of her siphoning votes from all the women on the jury.

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 9:29 PM

Moved from episode thread regarding Alicia's horrible commentary tonight, comparing Christina to her students.

What America thinks about Alicia doesn't matter, but what her superiors think, and what the parents of the students that are entrusted to her think, DO matter. Parents of special needs students spend most of their lives fighting for their children, who most likely struggle academically and/or socially. Fighting for them to get a decent education, fighting for them against bullies who make fun of them. Special ed teachers are advocates for those students during the school day when their parents aren't around. I'm sure it's shocking to see a teacher that they probably trust, is ONE of the bullies, herself....and it's all on tape, and probably on their DVR's.

musica

musica

Fanatic

• Interests:I am musica, and my BIRTHDAY is every day! (I don't know how to write that in the proper space.) My age... I am not young, but I'm a not old. <br /><br />I joined because I love So You Think You Can Dance. I was told about this site--that it was very strict. I'm afraid of the other sites because there is very little authority. The Fox board seems very out of control!<br /><br />I also love music, too. I love Bebel Gilberto and Vanessa Paradis.<br /><br />My favorite tennis player is Rafa Nadal.

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 9:38 PM

Where is Alicia from?

Do she have tenure as a teacher?

I think even in union states, it is difficult to fire a teacher with tenure. But in other states where there are no unions, and the employment is at-will, then it really depend upon the probabtionary period as well as the contract.

From my observation, being a teacher can be very politicized to where Alicia might have pissed-off the wrong parents with her comments.

I just think, she need to really look at what she said. Alica might be a wonderful teacher who made a mistake in not being as sensitive as she should.

To me, it is more about being sensitive to the situation whether she is teacher or not. Maybe that is why she is on Survivor, so she can win a million, and then not have to be teacher anymore? I read somewhere that special ed. teachers have the highest burn-out rate of all. So maybe she is burned-out? But one would think she'd be savvy enough to be more aware on television seen all over the world? But then again, I think that every season being surprised at the way some of these people conduct themselves.

CRFTony

CRFTony

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

Alicia basically said that Christina was an idiot, just like her students. I can't imagine how she could ever show her face in front of those children, her coworkers and the parents again. So despicable.

Beloved Aunt

Beloved Aunt

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 10:51 PM

What a vile, disgusting, classless person.

I'm not usually the type to wish ill on anyone but I hope she makes it to the final 3 and gets utterly humiliated at the final tribal council. I also hope that she gets her ass canned from her job because no one with such a distasteful personality should have a hand in teaching kids.

amnesia

amnesia

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

Where is Alicia from?

Do she have tenure as a teacher?

I think even in union states, it is difficult to fire a teacher with tenure. But in other states where there are no unions, and the employment is at-will, then it really depend upon the probabtionary period as well as the contract.

Alicia works in the Chicago area. I don't know what school employs her (or if she's in Chicago or a suburb), but for what it's worth, the Chicago teachers union is a VERY powerful organization. The idea that a Chicago teacher could be fired for snarky remarks on a reality show is farfetched.

Survivor fans like to speculate about the real-world consequences of a player's bad behavior on the show, but it just doesn't happen. As far as I know, the only player who lost a job because of Survivor was Coach, and it wasn't because he was a jerk on the show; it was because he took two months off without permission. Lunch lady Denise claimed she was demoted for being on Survivor, but it turned out she was lying.

I am not defending Alicia's behavior and I understand why fans are mad at her, but all this talk about her getting fired is wishful thinking.

JstaPwn

JstaPwn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 11:59 PM

I'm wondering whether these people have little viewing parties when watching these episodes. You know, family and friends and what not. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have to watch your daughter/sister/friend behave in such a despicable, vile way. I would be so ashamed if one of my children ever behaved like this.

Also, as a special ed teacher she should be those kids advocate. What will be her excuse this time?

Jyn

Jyn

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 12:11 AM

Not that I think Alicia was right to say any of the things she said about Christina tonight, but I don't really think she was wrong, either, given the level of intelligence Christina's been demonstrating these last few weeks. So I'm not really gonna get all bent out of shape over what she said.

Then again, I'm not big on special ed kids myself, so it probably made her remark easier to bear.

dorakpasa

dorakpasa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 12:20 AM

As far as I know, the only player who lost a job because of Survivor was Coach, and it wasn't because he was a jerk on the show; it was because he took two months off without permission. Lunch lady Denise claimed she was demoted for being on Survivor, but it turned out she was lying.

I thought that Cindy Hall from Guatemala may have lost her job as zookeeper. Probably for a similar reason as Coach - not letting her employer know. That could be my poor memory. Mostly, I remember Cindy as winning the car and choosing not to give that up so the other players could get a car instead. She was voted off that episode. But probably would have been anyway.

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 1:00 AM

She's a pretty fucked up teacher. And, yes, I understand that things get said after hours that would never rear their heads professionally. But here's the thing: she has no way of getting drunk and she knows that she's on national television. So what we're seeing is apparently her sober judgement of what it is a good idea to say to the camera.
It may be an even worse lapse of judgement than Naonka's peg-bashing, because at least Naonka did not specifically teach pirate-gym.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 4:06 AM

The timing of Alicia's comments was a bit ironic. Tonight, ABC World News ran a story about parents of special ed kids who are getting upset at the way their kids are being treated. They're sending their children to school with hidden tape recorders, and catching Alicia-like comments on tape.

The report talked about what a fine line that represents, first because any person could be taped on a bad day, so a single obnoxious comment could be taken out of a larger context. And second because in some states, that kind of taping without a person's consent is illegal. (I think California is one of those states.)

But (and here's where Alicia should start to get very, very scared): The net result is that some school districts are considering installing video monitors in special ed classrooms. They feel that these children cannot speak for themselves, so they wish to ensure that they are treated fairly.

All of that being said, musica, I have thought from the very beginning that Alicia wanted to be on Survivor so she could change careers. I'd love for her to prove me wrong.

CassandraRedux

CassandraRedux

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 5:07 AM

Then again, I'm not big on special ed kids myself, so it probably made her remark easier to bear.

But as a special ed teacher, I would hope that she would be big on special ed kids.

If she's good at her job and the parents like her, her disgusting remark will probably be forgiven. However, if that's not the case, it could be the nail in her coffin. Many parents of special ed kids are fierce advocates for their children, and I hope she at least gets taken to task for out right stating that she thinks her students are stupid.