Dark Minds

• Please log in to reply

34 replies to this topic

RoisterDoister

RoisterDoister

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 2:14 PM

I'm of the belief that murderers need to stop being celebritized.

Then shows like this would not exist. I don't see the problem in talking to a murderer if you think they can help you catch a killer with a similar M.O. The killers on this show don't seem to be helping much, though.

Edited by RoisterDoister, Mar 6, 2013 @ 2:27 PM.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 10:53 PM

This particular show wouldn't exist, but all shows don't allow murderers to be featured in quite this way. That's the difference. You can have a show that tells the story of a murder. Having a show that allows a murdered to be featured in some fucked-up crime solving role is something altogether different.

Neeney

Neeney

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 12:58 PM

It really wouldn't matter if this show didn't exist, anyway. He's just basically recapping the same old crimes that ID has done hundreds of times, only with a different schtick. And since he's got his own "insider" this season, he can even cut out John Kelly and it wouldn't make a difference. If this show actually did something, it might be different. This show is all about the schtick, IMO.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 12:11 AM

I saw Highway of Tears today, about the road in BC where young girls hitchhiking have been being killed for almost 40 years.

I didn't realize that the talking with the killer in jail was a regular part of the show.

When I googled the highway, I saw a more recent article, and a young guy from a nearby town was arrested for some of the murders. 

The cops saw him pulling back onto the road on a snowy night, and they backtracked his tire marks and found a new body.

You'd think that they might install some traffic cams along the road, with times stamps.

I see why the girls hitchhike, but maybe people could organize some jitneys or even shared hitching partners.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 6:37 AM

I do like the changes the show made with the reporter talking to the convicted killer rather than John Kelly. I don't know why, but, before the situation bothered me. Somehow John Kelly retains his dignity now, even though I know that off camera, he talks to killers all the time; something about the dynamic last season just felt wrong, to me.

A reporter asking questions and taking some crap from a killer seems in the line of duty; it doesn't seem to be pandering to the 'dark mind.'