Dark Minds

• Please log in to reply

35 replies to this topic

RoisterDoister

RoisterDoister

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 2:14 PM

I'm of the belief that murderers need to stop being celebritized.

Then shows like this would not exist. I don't see the problem in talking to a murderer if you think they can help you catch a killer with a similar M.O. The killers on this show don't seem to be helping much, though.

Edited by RoisterDoister, Mar 6, 2013 @ 2:27 PM.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 10:53 PM

This particular show wouldn't exist, but all shows don't allow murderers to be featured in quite this way. That's the difference. You can have a show that tells the story of a murder. Having a show that allows a murdered to be featured in some fucked-up crime solving role is something altogether different.

Neeney

Neeney

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 12:58 PM

It really wouldn't matter if this show didn't exist, anyway. He's just basically recapping the same old crimes that ID has done hundreds of times, only with a different schtick. And since he's got his own "insider" this season, he can even cut out John Kelly and it wouldn't make a difference. If this show actually did something, it might be different. This show is all about the schtick, IMO.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 12:11 AM

I saw Highway of Tears today, about the road in BC where young girls hitchhiking have been being killed for almost 40 years.

I didn't realize that the talking with the killer in jail was a regular part of the show.

When I googled the highway, I saw a more recent article, and a young guy from a nearby town was arrested for some of the murders. 

The cops saw him pulling back onto the road on a snowy night, and they backtracked his tire marks and found a new body.

You'd think that they might install some traffic cams along the road, with times stamps.

I see why the girls hitchhike, but maybe people could organize some jitneys or even shared hitching partners.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 6:37 AM

I do like the changes the show made with the reporter talking to the convicted killer rather than John Kelly. I don't know why, but, before the situation bothered me. Somehow John Kelly retains his dignity now, even though I know that off camera, he talks to killers all the time; something about the dynamic last season just felt wrong, to me.

A reporter asking questions and taking some crap from a killer seems in the line of duty; it doesn't seem to be pandering to the 'dark mind.'

MaxiZoomDweebie

MaxiZoomDweebie

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 17, 2014 @ 10:53 PM

Being in Australian, I've only just discovered this.

I also don't think criminals, particularly murderers, should profit or get celebrity from their crimes. It really annoys me, for example, the amount of attention Manson gets with his antics.

However I don't have a problem with this as we don't know their indentity and crime, and I think it is really interesting to gauge any kind of insight into a killers mind straight from the source. Also I think it's in incredibly important for people to see how normal killers can appear in their conversation etc. if not for the subject matter, the voices on the end of the phone could be any average joe.