Art & J.J.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

83 replies to this topic

Paron Xanthis

Paron Xanthis

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

Hi. We're friends and coworkers.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

I'm not sure about these two yet. Give me a couple of episodes. They could be ok to watch but they could also be my least favourites.

Lamb18

Lamb18

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 11:42 PM

They gave me flashbacks to season 16's Louie and Mike(?), the cops from Rhode Island.

Galloways Cave

Galloways Cave

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 1:37 PM

I used to work with Art's mother-in-law, so I'm rooting for these two.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 11:14 PM

I can't tell them apart yet, but I loved the guy who had to go up in the plane. Even though he didn't want to do it, he stepped up with a minimum of complaining, and some of his comments ("This is against the natural order of things") were cracking me up.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 12:08 AM

I like them so far. I relate to the guy that had to go up in the plane. That would be my reaction exactly. I'll learn their names eventually.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 12:10 AM

Art drove for the Roadblock. J.J. went up in the plane.

I like them okay, but can they last long? They fell apart a bit just over losing the Express Pass at the empanadas. It makes me worry for what else they might lose it over.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 3:32 AM

Are they going to be this season's Godbotherers?

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

Even though he didn't want to do it, he stepped up with a minimum of complaining, and some of his comments ("This is against the natural order of things") were cracking me up.

Me, too! Compared to Stacy, it seemed like the anticipation of it was worse than the task itself for him. He seemed to be okay once he was out of the plane.

I have a feeling that Art will annoy me.

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 9:59 AM

They gave me flashbacks to season 16's Louie and Mike(?), the cops from Rhode Island.

Hopefully they won't plunge in likeability like the cops did after their first couple of legs.

I like them so far. I relate to the guy that had to go up in the plane. That would be my reaction exactly.

Mine too. I'm sure the anticipation of doing it is probably the worst.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 12:41 AM

They dropped in my eyes a fair bit this week due to their obsession with beating Brendon & Rachel (and I don't even like Brendon). But they otherwise ran a solid leg (in spite of losing time at the Detour) and deserved second place.

And I'm just glad they didn't win the leg and Rachel & Dave did.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 10:32 AM

I didn't mind their comments about Brendon and Rachel--I thought they were along the lines of "If we're gonna lose, it's not gonna be to those idiots." I'm sure a lot of other teams are thinking the same way. :)

Also: Given Art's Spanish skillz, I bet they're pretty pleased to be in SOuth America for the first couple of legs.

SirDigbyPollo

SirDigbyPollo

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

I didn't see it happen, but according to what they said later on, Brendon grabbed one of the clues out of Art's hand after the courier on the horse had handed it to Art. That's at least one of the reasons they were hating on Team BB. And based on Brendon's previous comments about disliking the Border Patrol guys just because they're Border Patrol, it wouldn't surprise me if he did do that.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 4:04 PM

I didn't see it happen, but according to what they said later on, Brendon grabbed one of the clues out of Art's hand after the courier on the horse had handed it to Art. That's at least one of the reasons they were hating on Team BB. And based on Brendon's previous comments about disliking the Border Patrol guys just because they're Border Patrol, it wouldn't surprise me if he did do that.

I remember hearing all that, too. I'm thinking that Border Patrol came into the game being wary of Rachel and Brendon, like probably most teams who watch BB were. But I think actual words/actions (snatching the clue) led to full-on Team Big Brother dislike. I don't mind that, but I can see it backfiring if Border Patrol (well, seems like it's mainly Art) get so bent on beating Brenchel that they miss the forest for the trees and make a dumb mistake.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 4:50 PM

I actually think it's J.J. more obsessed with beating Brendon & Rachel than Art is.

speedroc

speedroc

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 12:39 PM

I like them. They had the rewind moment for me when after telling J.J to stop complaining, Art goes into full whine and ends it with his "can it get any worse" bit.

NotPatrick

NotPatrick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

I find it interesting that Art is J.J.'s boss, because I would have pegged it for the other way round, given that J.J. seemed to spend most of the leg treating Art like his subordinate. Maybe he's enjoying the opportunity...

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

This team might be pompous, but I'm not at total dislike yet. Still, I'm interested in seeing how they hold up outside of Hispanophone countries. I suspect a lot more struggle, and possible implosion.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

Their "total domination" and "team to beat" talk is gonna grate. I just know it. Still, they might be on to something, considering they're the ONLY team, of everybody left, to consistently finish in the top three on every leg so far.

Smagu

Smagu

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 7:02 AM

I don't really mind the talk since its been confined to interviews and such. They're not going out of their way to antagonize other teams or treat people badly, they're just pumped up and running a good race.

momlyd

momlyd

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

The amount of whine already on display will make killer fatigue a real fun time. *shudder*

Yyy

Yyy

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

Just re-watched the episode. Yup, still can't stand them. Strong team that can put their money where their mouths are, but need a heavy dose of humility.

OldHeaveHo

OldHeaveHo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

I just really hate their entitled, arrogant attitude. They're great racers, so far, but but I would rather some not-so-great racers win than have somebody with a bad attitude take home the prize. I remember Gary & Mallory, during the Unfinished Business season, only fell out of the top 4 spots once or twice but they never possessed that 'we will dominate every leg' attitude these guys have. They were competitive without being annoying whiners.

Skelley

Skelley

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

Their attitude does bug a bit, but the generosity at the end of this episode makes up for a lot of that. I found that really touching.

TDA Jake

TDA Jake

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 5:47 PM

My heart must be made of stone, because that generosity didn't move me at all.

OldHeaveHo

OldHeaveHo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 6:53 PM

My heart must be made of stone, because that generosity didn't move me at all.

Sadly, this is the case for me too. I don't think it was a calculated move like "If we give Bopper money he won't U-Turn us later!" or anything. I don't think Art & JJ are that callous. But something about the whole thing just rung untrue to me, like they were doing it because they felt obligated to. A lot of how these two define themselves revolves around their sense of masculinity (their career, their attitude, their attraction to Dave) so I wouldn't be surprised if they donated the money because it is what a 'real man' would do.

If it would have come from any other team (even Brenchel!) I would have found it more moving and honest.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 11:41 PM

I think it came from a good place, especially after seeing how overjoyed they were when Bopper and Mark weren't eliminated. I think they just genuinely like each other, and feel bad that Bopper hasn't been able to help his daughter as much as he'd like to. I'm not going to second-guess their motives for that at all.

jersey guy 87

jersey guy 87

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 7:27 AM

Sadly, this is the case for me too. I don't think it was a calculated move like "If we give Bopper money he won't U-Turn us later!" or anything. I don't think Art & JJ are that callous. But something about the whole thing just rung untrue to me, like they were doing it because they felt obligated to. A lot of how these two define themselves revolves around their sense of masculinity (their career, their attitude, their attraction to Dave) so I wouldn't be surprised if they donated the money because it is what a 'real man' would do.

If it would have come from any other team (even Brenchel!) I would have found it more moving and honest.

Whether they felt that "this is what a real man would do" or they just felt like being nice guys because they were moved by Bopper's story isn't important - they did something nice for Bopper that they didn't have to do. Sure, they've been arrogant about the race, that doesn't mean they're not nice guys when not racing.

starrynight71

starrynight71

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:30 AM

They must have known they weren't going to be eliminated before they gave them the money, the production team surely wouldn't have risked them having a bad reaction. I know it wasn't shown like that in the episode but I think that was to create a little bit of a fake tension.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 8:53 PM

I know some don't like when a team or set of teams dominate the race, but it's nice to see competence rewarded. I still wonder what will happen if they have a bad leg, though. It seems like one is coming.

Edited by ribboninthesky1, Mar 18, 2012 @ 8:54 PM.