Kerri & Stacy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

53 replies to this topic

OldHeaveHo

OldHeaveHo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 7:00 PM

I'm confused. They were right with the teams when they left the airport. Was it really Kerri's (or was it Stacy's?) driving incompetence that dropped them behind?

Kerri is the one with the poofy hair. Stacy is the one with the long, straight hair. Anyway, Kerri couldn't seem the get the car in gear so Stacy jumped in for her. On the whole it probably didn't cost them that much time, but when they finally arrived at the Roadblock they seemed like they were quite relieved to have finally found it. Maybe they got lost along the way.

Anyway, it seems to me that Stacy is really carrying the team here and Kerri is just along for the ride.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

Well, they were my preferred team, but they are also a testament to how important navigational skills are. Unfortunately, I'm a lot less interested in the race, though I'm not actively rooting against any team.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 2:46 PM

Someone on Survivor Sucks made this very apt comparison, and I thought I'd share it, too.

Kerri & Stacy were easily the all-female team version of TAR17's Connor & Jonathan. Stacy carried the weight and did all of the heavy lifting, a la Connor. Kerri seemed way more like she was the incompetent load along for the ride, a la Jonathan, although she at least did Roadblocks and sucked at them, compared to Jonathan constantly ducking them. And finally, they went out largely due to Kerri sucking in almost every sense of the word, a la Jonathan's own sucking costing him and Connor the race.

Seriously, Kerri was useless. Other than wisely jumping in to help Stacy with her half of the empanadas on leg one, I can't think of one thing she did that was useful. Her uselessness had been hinted at on numerous occasions (unable to find Stacy at the skydiving landing site until well after she'd landed, failing the bottle dance Roadblock, and her complete inability to drive an automatic transmission car and get in gear last week), but her incompetence was really exposed this week. What navigator has to actually ask the driver if they're going the right way? Kerri would've been snacking on her own teeth if I were Stacy!

Sucks for Stacy, though. She seemed like a decent racer and seemed nice, and she likely would've done better with another partner. Sorry to see her go, but since Kerri was totally useless, good riddance to her.

Raguel

Raguel

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 4:32 PM

But don't you understand? She was doing it for the children!

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 6:21 PM

failing the bottle dance Roadblock,

How did she fail? Didn't she complete it?

I think it's easy to forget that Stacy had her moments as well - first leg, she was the last to complete the sky dive because she kept freaking out about it. That put them behind quite a bit, and Kerri's hustle was a big factor with them getting out of there with the empanada task.

Kerri should have never been in charge of navigation, no doubt, but totally useless is a bit of a stretch. And the comparison to Connor and Jonathan is even more off, since Kerri didn't seem to have a problem AT ALL with doing roadblocks, and seemed to pull her weight during detours. Not to mention that Kerri did 3 roadblocks to Stacy's 2. Didn't Kerri do the roadblock before the dash to the pitstop, even though they arrived AFTER Nary and Jamie? And thereby giving them the chance to make it to the pitstop in next to last place? They squandered it, but still, Kerri's hustle gave them that small window. Useless is not an apt descriptor, IMO, particularly when there have been other team members like Mika, Jonathan, Kim (of Chip and), Christie (of Colin and), etc who truly were carried by their partners.

This isn't the first team to be derailed by poor navigation, and they won't be the last. Heck, there is at least one other team in this season (Rachel and Dave), who struggle in that department. Finally, when they stopped to ask for directions to the pit stop, they were BOTH shown speaking with the man who gave them directions, with Stacy in front. So...in that regard, it's certainly not just on Kerri if they didn't make there timely.

Edited by ribboninthesky1, Mar 19, 2012 @ 6:22 PM.

mwolf

mwolf

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 6:22 PM

Exit interview, with some choice words for Vanessa and Ralph (mostly Vanessa): Amazing Race's Kerri and Stacy: We Are Not Navigationally Savvy

How did you get along with the other teams? The extra clips online show some drama between you and the twins, and Vanessa and Ralph.
Kerri: The twins —they were just guys. You know how big brothers pick on little sisters? That's what our relationship was like. At first, you don't really know the other teams, so you're just trying to feel each other out. But Ralph and Vanessa — it wasn't so much Ralph. You know how you can be a good person, but one bad apple could fall off the branch? I think it was like that for their team. She pre-judged us before she even talked to us. ... Even though that little tiff happened with the twins, we don't judge them for that. It happened in the moment and we all got over it. But Ralph and Vanessa were like, "Oh, they're stuck-up." How do you know we're stuck-up when you haven't talked to us yet? Vanessa said that about us to other teams and they told us, so we were like, "Really? Is this The Real World or is this The Amazing Race?" Then Ralph tried to block us on the plane when Stacy was trying to get me to the front. She wasn't telling anyone to block him.
Stacy: Kerri was a few rows behind me on the plane, so I asked the people who were in front if they could let her get off the plane with me. ... Vanessa was just very catty. I can't deal with catty women. I can't tolerate it.

fredfunk

fredfunk

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 6:50 PM

Too bad, I did like this team, especially Kerri!

SirDigbyPollo

SirDigbyPollo

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:42 PM

They got a good edit. One of the extra clips shows them yelling at each other in the car, telling each other to "shut the F up!" Then Stacy tells Kerri that she wishes she didn't have a pulse right now. What happened to the sweet Southern girl shtick?

The whole thing with Vanessa and Ralph evolved from Brenchell telling the cousins at the airport in Argentina that Vanessa had been bad-mouthing them. Then they had the kerfuffle on the airplane when disembarking in Asuncion. The cousins' description of it does not pass the smell test. Kerri was next to Ralph who was nearer the aisle. Vanessa was nearby and Stacy was up front. So Kerri can't get off without going past Ralph, but why would he let another racer get off the plane ahead of him, especially when that person's teammate is closer to the exit? The smart thing to do would have been to put aside your differences with the other team, and agree to all get off the plane together. Instead, they tried to get out ahead and then got all pissypants when the other team wouldn't let them. "Why aren't you letting us beat you?! You are horrible people!"

It's interesting that they don't mention getting into it with Dave when they were trying to cut in front of him, Rachel, Art and JJ at the airport in Paraguay.

Not sad to see them go.

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 4:39 AM

I think it's quite telling that when they're talking about their problem with Ralph and Vanessa:

But Ralph and Vanessa were like, "Oh, they're stuck-up." How do you know we're stuck-up when you haven't talked to us yet? Vanessa said that about us to other teams and they told us, so we were like, "Really? Is this The Real World or is this The Amazing Race?"

it's mostly about what 'other teams' (apparently BB Rachel and Brendon from what I've read upthread) told them. It sounds like bullshit to me. It's pretty clear Vanessa & Ralph don't like Brenchel, so why would they even be talking to them about the Cousins in the first place? They never even speak directly to each other from what I've seen throughout the race.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

They got a good edit. One of the extra clips shows them yelling at each other in the car, telling each other to "shut the F up!"

I'm not surprised - they were sniping at each other in scenes aired during the episode.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 2:59 AM

it's mostly about what 'other teams' (apparently BB Rachel and Brendon from what I've read upthread) told them. It sounds like bullshit to me. It's pretty clear Vanessa & Ralph don't like Brenchel, so why would they even be talking to them about the Cousins in the first place? They never even speak directly to each other from what I've seen throughout the race

I agree. They had problems with at least three teams. Time to look at yourself girls. Glad they are gone also.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 7:37 PM

They had problems with at least three teams.

Who was the 3rd team? I thought they only had conflict with the twins and Vanessa and Ralph.

SirDigbyPollo

SirDigbyPollo

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 7:53 AM

Who was the 3rd team? I thought they only had conflict with the twins and Vanessa and Ralph.

In regards to one of the extra clips, I earlier wrote: "It's interesting that they don't mention getting into it with Dave when they were trying to cut in front of him, Rachel, Art and JJ at the airport in Paraguay." Without any actual footage, it's another he said/she said situation.

In a different clip, Dave says that if one of the other teams had asked him where the clue was at the auto museum in Turin, he would have told them, with the exceptions of Team Green and Team Pink.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 2:53 AM

"It's interesting that they don't mention getting into it with Dave when they were trying to cut in front of him, Rachel, Art and JJ at the airport in Paraguay." Without any actual footage, it's another he said/she said situation.

So, they might have pronlems with 4 other teams. Not good.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 8:25 PM

After reading the article above, I can't tell if these two actually had words with Ralph and Vanessa or if they're impression came from Team Big Brother. But honestly? Either way, it doesn't really matter to me - given what we know of Vanessa now, I don't count any conflict between those two teams against Kerri and Stacy.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 3:26 AM

In an extended clip on CBS, Art and JJ said everyone snuck out of their rooms and partied the night Kerri and Stacy left. My guess is no one liked them.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 6:11 PM

Brendon & Rachel and Nary & Jamie did, so I don't know how true that is.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

Trying Harder, BB Rachel gave a much better (IMO) assessment of the racers, stating that they are basically in two groups: Art/JJ, Dave/Rachel, Vanessa/Ralph; and Brenchel, Mark/Bopper, Nary/Jamie. She said the first group reminds her of a high school clique that thinks they are the popular kids.

So anything Art/JJ say about Mississippi needs to be seen through that prism. I think the "popular kids" hated Mississippi, while everyone else got along with them all right.

They may have in fact partied, but it's just as likely that they partied because they were in Bavaria where the beer is very very very very very good. ;-)

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 2:54 AM

BB Rachel gave a much better (IMO) assessment of the racers

JMO, but, I have no respect for and don't believe a word BB Rachel says. I guess it just depends on who you believe.

Brendon & Rachel and Nary & Jamie did, so I don't know how true that is.

I didn't say it was true, I said it was my guess.

Edited by TryingHarder, Mar 28, 2012 @ 3:00 AM.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 9:13 AM

TryingHarder
JMO, but, I have no respect for and don't believe a word BB Rachel says. I guess it just depends on who you believe.

Art & J.J. are so non-perceptive of the team dynamics (probably due to being in the front all the time and having their heads up their own asses), I'm inclined not to believe them. I don't even like Rachel, but she was pretty perceptive in BB and I'm pretty sure she's perceptive about the dynamics between and among teams in this race.

starrynight71

starrynight71

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 4:15 AM

I'm no doubt blocked from viewing the clip so thanks for the info, I also think that Rachel can be perceptive.

Overit

Overit

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 13, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

Stacy and her husband are expecting a baby. Congrats to them!

Jyn

Jyn

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2012 @ 7:32 PM

Oh, congrats! Do they know what it is yet?

Overit

Overit

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

It's a girl.