Elliot & Andrew

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

43 replies to this topic

MillieLee

MillieLee

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 3:56 AM

Damn. There goes my eye candy. Elliot was especially yummy in the bottle challenge when his hair got wet. I really hoped that Elliot's musical background would've helped in the Strung Out -challenge. And I would've thought that Andrew would've been better pick to do the bottle challenge because of his stronger soccer background. I kind of had a feeling that they'd be gone early but I was hoping that it would've been based on dumb luck. Turns out, they were just incompetent.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 9:34 AM

When you have one team member who strings up guitars, I'm really not understanding why there was so much trouble with a harp.

I still don't understand. The task should not have been that difficult. Time consuming yes, but not difficult. I guess they did it wrong the first time and had to redo the entire thing. I still can't believe they couldn't pull it out and not get eliminated especially since the other two had to have taken hours to stack the watermelons.

graytex

graytex

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:30 PM

I think this must be the worst placement ever for a pair of fit young men. But after watching some of their insider videos, I'm glad they're gone. They came across like total douches.

UKchickforlife

UKchickforlife

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 2:25 PM

I don't think they came across as total douches. I think they made some bad choices, and just got hit with some seriously bad luck. In the behind the scenes interviews, they said that Andrew got super sick and and I'm sure that was a huge factor in why they did so poorly. Also, they seemed like they could never get together on a decision. Either way, I am sad to see them go.

BettyPoz

BettyPoz

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

Shame, though. They were one of the few alpha-male teams in the show's entire history that I actually liked

They never gave me the impression in their interviews or running of the race that they could be considered alpha-males. Two males certainly but not "alpha"

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

Yeah, there are a few alpha males on this season, but I don't consider these two among them. Being young and fit and male does not an alpha make, in my view.

I didn't see their Insider videos, but it was pretty clear to me that one of the reasons the harp took so long was they couldn't get on the same page about what to do. It almost seemed as though Elliot was trying to explain things a couple of times, and Andrew kept cutting him with something akin to, "I got it!"

Viajero

Viajero

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 7:46 PM

At least Andrew got signed by the Sounders. I just hope he's a better goalkeeper than amazing racer.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 9:37 AM

After seeing that insider video where Andrew was being kind of a dick to Kerri and Stacey, I'm glad to see them go. He was just trying to rattle them, and he wouldn't have done that if they were guys.

The best part is his little speech afterward, where he talks about how easy it was to rattle them and how he's going to use that "weakness" to his advantage--says the guy who threw a toddler-style hissy fit over stringing a harp.

OldHeaveHo

OldHeaveHo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

The best part is his little speech afterward, where he talks about how easy it was to rattle them and how he's going to use that "weakness" to his advantage--says the guy who threw a toddler-style hissy fit over stringing a harp.

I don't even understand why he thought Kerri & Stacy were emotional. They were annoyed and told them to get back in line, but they weren't emotional about it. In fact, they were pretty level headed about the whole thing. I just think it shows how chauvinistic his attitude towards women are by assuming that they were being emotional about it.

SirDigbyPollo

SirDigbyPollo

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

I still don't understand. The task should not have been that difficult. Time consuming yes, but not difficult. I guess they did it wrong the first time and had to redo the entire thing. I still can't believe they couldn't pull it out and not get eliminated especially since the other two had to have taken hours to stack the watermelons.

What's particularly lame is that the twins were the only team that went directly to the harp detour. All of the other teams that ended up at the harp detour went to the watermelon detour first. So the twins took the longest of any of the teams to do the harp detour. And Vanessa and Ralph supposedly spent 7 hours at the watermelon detour before completing it.

pooki pichu

pooki pichu

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 2:59 PM

I thought the twin with the short hair looked MUCH hotter. It's amazing how different hair can make a person look.

Viajero

Viajero

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2012 @ 1:15 AM

Andrew (the short haired brother) got his first two starts of the season for the Sounders last week, mostly becuase their starting goalkeeper is still out injured and the other backup keeper had some poor performances. While Andrew gave up 3 goals in a tie and a loss, none were really his fault. I hope he has better luck in their upcoming games. Seattle is too good a team not to break out of their current slump.

LaxBandit

LaxBandit

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 8:06 AM

Andrew was the starter in Tuesdays 1-0 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup Quarterfinal win over the San Jose Earthquakes.

SAN FRANCISCO – The Sounders FC had the cards stacked against them in their Lamar Hunt US Open Cup quarterfinal matchup with the San Jose Earthquakes on Tuesday. With just one day between their league match on Sunday against the Portland Timbers and the Open Cup meeting, the Sounders were left with a makeshift lineup as they traveled to San Francisco to face the top team in MLS.

Against those tall odds, the Sounders outplayed the Earthquakes at their own game and advanced to the Open Cup semifinals, getting a goal from Cordell Cato and a standout performance by Andrew Weber to escape Kezar Stadium with a 1-0 victory.

During second-half stoppage time, San Jose continued to pepper the Seattle box with crosses, but Weber and the Seattle defense held on for the 1-0 win, advancing to the semifinal for the fourth straight year, where they will meet Chivas USA on either July 10 or July 11. (Update - match will be at home on July 11 and you can watch it on SoundersFC.com starting at 10:00 pm ET.)

"Andrew did well. He came up on a couple crosses where he had to come out and punch them," Sounders FC coach Sigi Schmid said. "His spirit and his demeanor in terms of organizing our team today was good."

http://www.soundersf...arthquakes.aspx

Seattle has two upcoming matches that will be on National TV - Saturday, July 7 vs Colorado - 11:00 pm ET on NBC Sports Network and Sunday, July 15 at New York Red Bulls - 4:00 pm ET on ESPN. Hopefully Andrew is in net for one or both of those matches.

Edited by LaxBandit, Jun 29, 2012 @ 8:55 AM.

LaxBandit

LaxBandit

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 12, 2012 @ 7:29 AM

Well the good news - Seattle have won their two of their last four matches (with the other two matches being draws) with the last win being last nights US Open Cup Semifinal win over fellow MLS club Chivas USA 4-1. This will be the fourth straight US Open Cup Final for the Sounders. They will meet another MLS club - Sporting Kansas City in the final - on Wednesday, August 8 in Kansas City, Kansas. SKC defeated fellow MLS club - Philadelphia Union 2-0 in the other semifinal which was also played last night. TV coverage of the final will be announced soon - my guess Fox Soccer or Fox Soccer Plus.

Now the bad news - unfortunately for us fans of Andrew, he only appeared in the first match of the four match run which was a 2-2 draw at New England. He played the first half - allowed one goal and with some excellent saves gave Seattle a 2-1 lead. Unfortunately, he suffered a groin injury and had to replace at halftime by Brian Meredith who allowed the match tieing goal in the fourth minute of injury time (94th minute). Meredith has played the last three matches in net. No word on when Andrew will be back in net or at least back on the bench as a backup to Meredith.

Seattle plays at New York Red Bulls this Sunday, July 15 at 4:00 pm ET on ESPN and then host the current UEFA Champions League Champions - Chelsea FC - next Wednesday at home at 9:30 pm ET on ESPN2. I expect Meredith to get the start in net on Sunday - which is fine by me because then I don't have to root for Andrew to not make saves and allow goals as Red Bulls are my favorite MLS team. Since the Chelsea match is a friendly, teams are allowed six or more subs - compared to only three in a MLS game - so if Andrew is on the bench as the backup, Seattle should use one of them on the starting keeper and thus Andrew will get some playing time.

Edited by LaxBandit, Jul 13, 2012 @ 10:10 AM.