Dave & Cherie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

25 replies to this topic

Paron Xanthis

Paron Xanthis

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 10:53 AM

Hi. We're married clowns.

Good to have two married teams again, and if nothing else, they seem the most real-looking of the cast.

Granted, they're clowns, but they might at least be funnier than Jon & Al.

Edited by Paron Xanthis, Jan 25, 2012 @ 10:53 AM.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 8:22 PM

They're the comic relief team. I just know it. They won't last long, I don't think. That sucks because I think I might like them.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

First out. You get teams that seem interesting, very interesting, but then they catch one or two bad breaks, and they wind up hanging at Elimination Station by themselves. Beekeepers, Middle Eastern men, couple of Indian descent, ex-Survivor winners, JVJ, flight attendant life partners . . . the list goes on, and my gut says Dave & Cherie don't last anywhere near as long as Jon & Al.

Edited by Lantern7, Jan 25, 2012 @ 10:06 PM.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 6:12 PM

the list goes on, and my gut says Dave & Cherie don't last anywhere near as long as Jon & Al.

But I'm hoping they do. They seem cool, in a good way.

Rusun

Rusun

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 12:37 PM

Anyone else think that D & C will form an alliance with another team or two before getting eliminated?

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

Wheelie bags?!!?!? WTF? I want these two eliminated purely on principle, just because they brought damn wheelie bags on The Amazing Race.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 12:03 AM

It doesn't seem to be hurting them. And I don't see the problem in them having those things. Christie & Jodi had those, too, six seasons ago.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 1:45 AM

Looks like I was wrong about them going out first, though they were cutting things close. They seemed nice, Cherie's mini-meltdown aside. The big question: can they reach Jon & Al's mark of eleven legs run?

Edited by Lantern7, Feb 20, 2012 @ 1:47 AM.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 3:30 AM

I thought this team was much better on paper than they were IRL. Cherie seems emotionally unprepared for the race.

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

Did she have a backpack and a wheelie bag? Or was that something else on her back? Or did I just make it all up?

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 1:18 PM

It looked like both. I do recall the flight attendants in another season having them, but I thought they were the backpack/wheelie combo kind (is there such a thing?). These bags appear wheels only, PLUS they have smaller backpacks. These two don't appear to be in the greatest physical condition, either, so those wheelies may slow them down more.

soymilk

soymilk

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 1:24 PM

I was thinking that maybe they have bad backs or shoulders from some past clowning accident, and that's why they are using wheelie bags, but then I wondered how they would have passed the physical. So yeah, I can't wait for the comedy gold (they are clowns after all) as they wheel their bags through the sand/mud/snow.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 4:04 PM

Hey, I got a lot of laughs from Christie & Jodi having them (basically because it was a callback to their flight attendant background), so I may get some chuckles out of seeing Dave & Cherie with them, too.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 11:37 PM

Guess we don't have to worry about how they'll cope with roller bags. I wasn't a fan, as I didn't find their puns and quips amusing. Still, they seem like nice people, and happily married. I'm sure they'll be just fine.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 12:55 AM

Knew they were toast once Dave mentioned his bouts with cancer. Sad to see them leave on what was terribly bad luck with their bus and Danny and Andrew basically being dumb by helping each other over Dave.

All that said, they were clearly out of their depth, so it was probably for the better that they left first.

Zach808

Zach808

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 2:14 AM

Sorry to see them go. Even if they aren't all that funny, it's apparent that they have a good relationship, and respect each other.

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 5:17 AM

I felt kind of bad for them at the cattle market (were there even any cattle left by the time Dave got out of there? It looked pretty empty by then) when Andrew and the Jersey guy teamed up and left him out of it. It kind of seemed like the jocks teaming up against the nerdy guy. Considering they were pretty slow, didn't even notice things like the instructions for the solar dish, and Cherie was already crying in the previous leg about thinking they were behind, I just don't think they had what it takes for the race. And using the "tears of a clown" line two legs in a row was kind of lame.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 5:24 AM

At least Dave recognized that it wasn't really math, but "simple division" ... Like the end of the video: Stay in school and learn math!

Razy

Razy

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 12:39 AM

I noticed that Cherie used the "tears of a clown" line again in this episode. She really doesn't have much material.
And isn't long division learned in about 4th grade?

BettyPoz

BettyPoz

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:37 AM

And isn't long division learned in about 4th grade?

Third grade for me back in the late 60s and I sucked so bad at it and my mother made pages and pages of problems for me so that I could finally get it (thanks Mom!).

And, I called Dave & Cherie going down after the roadblock of putting together the solar thingy because either they don't follow directions (don't know if it SAID they had to follow the picture on the box), or they're not very observant (SEEING the picture on the box). I would have been turning that box every which way for some idea on how to do it.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 10:34 AM

They seem like very nice people, and it's great to see a couple that likes each other so much, but they were never going to make it very far. I hope Elimination Station is somewhere fun.

Yyy

Yyy

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

Dave was absolutely abysmal at that task; I wouldn't be at all surprised if he never actually got the correct answer. All the other teams had long since checked in, so the officiary of the task may have gotten a message to just give Dave the clue the next time he submitted an answer, right or wrong.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 3:51 PM

Based on the position of the sun by the time he and Cherie officially checked in, I think Dave was actually there for hours, so I think he had to get the right answer.

BettyPoz

BettyPoz

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

All the other teams had long since checked in, so the officiary of the task may have gotten a message to just give Dave the clue the next time he submitted an answer, right or wrong

I was thinking the same thing. Once the 2nd to last team checked in there would be no reason to have them keep going - put him out of his misery!

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 1:27 AM

Given how clowns are known for stuffing themselves into tiny cars, I would've thought long division was a given with them.

Sorry to see them go, only because some of the teams are skewing towards annoying. Compared to the horror of Big Brother showmances, what's a few puns and red noses?

NotPatrick

NotPatrick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

I liked them as a team, and they seemed like nice enough people, but I think this was about the right spot for them to go out. I'm not sure how many more legs "Miserable Clowns...With Cancer!" would last as a hook before it got old.