Joey & Danny

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

34 replies to this topic

Paron Xanthis

Paron Xanthis

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 10:33 AM

Hi. We're friends.

Lamb18

Lamb18

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

These guys seem like potential jerks, like Eric and what's his face in season 9. Maybe Joey will be like the guy in the Planet Fitness commercial who says "I like to pick things up and put them back down."

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

Eh, these two don't interest me that much. I can see them easily making it far, but I hope that they don't. Maybe they'll go out in the beginning. Unless they bring the comedy, then I wouldn't be sad at their departure.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 4:29 PM

Ugh. Instant hate for these two. A couple of gym rats, by the looks of them (one goes 3 times a day, apparently). Anyone who is asked to describe themselves in three words and chooses "sexy" as one of those words already has a mark against them in my book. And, also, "nightclub promoter." Right up there with "event hostess."

danheaton

danheaton

Channel Surfer

• Interests:I write a film and TV blog called Public Transportation Snob. This season, I'll be recapping both Survivor and the Amazing Race for Sound on Sight.

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

Wow, they're really pushing the "Jersey Shore" angle with these guys. They might be funny, but I think they're more likely to be annoying and really full of themselves. Thankfully, I don't think they'll do very well.

graytex

graytex

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 2:55 PM

More lazy casting. I can just hear the casting room discussion: "Hey, there's that Jersey Shore show that's popular. Let's see if we can find some wannabes!" Blech.

Rusun

Rusun

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 12:27 PM

I can just hear the casting room discussion: "Hey, there's that Jersey Shore show that's popular. Let's see if we can find some wannabes!"

No dice - Joey is Snooki's real-life personal trainer.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

Ugh. Hate.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 12:04 AM

Lucked out. Tremendously. For not knowing how to drive stick and for the epic fail of tying empanadas alone, they should've been booted. They should be thanking their lucky stars Misa & Maiya were completely brainless in looking for the Pit Stop.

soymilk

soymilk

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

I feel so sorry for Phil having to always say "Fitness" after Joey's name. Hopefully they will be eliminated soon.

How56

How56

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

Just from seeing the intro video on the CBS site, I was & still am hoping for early elimination for them. (And for the Big Brothers)

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 12:50 AM

No, you guys are not the "comeback kids." You got helped yet again by someone else being bad at a task. And help from another team, to boot.

Still hoping they're an early boot, by some miracle.

OldHeaveHo

OldHeaveHo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:31 AM

There must be something wrong with me because I actually find Joey Fitness a little charming. Where did my taste go?

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 2:06 PM

I refuse to call any human being "Joey Fitness" and I've lost some respect for the show for treating itself like Jersey Shore in doing so. Not that I had much respect LEFT after they cast Big Brother Rachel.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

There must be something wrong with me because I actually find Joey Fitness a little charming. Where did my taste go?

I don't know that I would call him charming, but he is a cutie. They both seem like nice enough guys, if not particularly bright. I actually prefer them to the twins and the Border Patrol teams. I don't think they have a chance in hell of F3, let alone winning, but stranger things have happened on this show (hello, Dandrew).

Phil calling him Joey Fitness never fails to make me laugh. It's so absurd - maybe if there was another Joey on this season, it wouldn't be so laughable. I can only imagine what goes through Phil's mind when saying his name.

BettyPoz

BettyPoz

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:47 AM

I don't know that I would call him charming, but he is a cutie. They both seem like nice enough guys, if not particularly bright.

I don't mind them, don't mind that they get "helped" by someone else doing poorly in a challenge because alot of times that's the way the race is run. I think they're all praying for a team to do worse than them.

NotPatrick

NotPatrick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

I don't really find Joey Fitness any more obnoxious as a nickname than Big Easy or Vyxsin, but I wish they'd knock it off with the " " around it in their captioning. I think we all realise it's not his real name. It's also a little bit of flavour to their character, which they've otherwise not demonstrated too much of, except that that they kind of suck at racing, in a low-key sort of way.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

Damn it all, I like these guys and glad they placed nicely this leg. Nevertheless, the visibly weaker teams are dropping like flies, so I don't know how much longer they will last.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

I imagine they're not gonna last much longer. They really only did well on this leg because it was mainly physical. One more mental leg could do them in quickly.

I see nothing really likable about them, ribboninthesky1.

graytex

graytex

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:08 PM

I think Phil sold his soul to the devil and has to say "Fitness". Otherwise, he would refuse to do it.

I don't hate these two and I fully expected to not one them on my tv. I'm not on any kind of love train, but they are mildly entertaining and they did rock the watermelons.

BettyPoz

BettyPoz

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 8:32 PM

They just sort of got it done this episode.

I don't think either challenge was "mainly physical". You certainly had to have some precision to get the watermelons in their formation without crashing (more people gave it up than stuck it out) and the bottle dance certainly took some finesse.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 9:53 PM

Maybe these two are hitting their stride? Danny's not as funny as he thinks he is, for that part, neither is Joey. That aside, they are among the teams I like, and I'm beginning to wonder if I underestimated them. We'll see.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 3:41 AM

I laughed in the extra footage when Danny said if they ever come in first place, he will shave his head right there on the mat. Phil made him promise.

They seem to have a bit more going for them now that they less stressed and more comfortable with the race.

TDA Jake

TDA Jake

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 5:50 PM

Nope. Still don't like them. But at least I don't hate them anymore.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

Doing better than I expected them, too. But I'm still remembering they only survived leg one because Misa & Maiya totally missed a simple Pit Stop, so I'd still rather they not be here.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 3:32 PM

I enjoyed their funny hats.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 5:55 PM

I've liked them since the beginning of the season, and I still like them. They get along well, don't camera mug, and seem to enjoy themselves. Given that the couples may possibly implode on themselves, I'm beginning to believe these two may have a legitimate shot at F3.

ETA:
I feel so bad for these two - I was rooting for something to happen to keep them in (certainly over Vanessa and Ralph). Aw well - them's the breaks.

Edited by ribboninthesky1, Mar 25, 2012 @ 8:31 PM.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:57 PM

Not upset to lose them at all. While they weren't as annoying as they were in the first two episodes, when it comes right down to it, they really shouldn't have survived that first leg and really only did through the dumbest circumstances possible. Also, they chased a Fast Forward they knew another team was going for and lost out on it despite doing a task that was practically tailor-made for them.

And then came the "beat by a girl" comment, and I was beyond ready for them to go. Bye-bye.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 12:54 AM

I didn't think I'd like this team, but they became one of the only teams I actually liked (the other being the mostly mute agents). Sorry to see them go while Bopper, Dave, Rachel/Brendon, Vanessa/Ralph, etc. are still around.

Edited by steve91199, Mar 26, 2012 @ 12:56 AM.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

And then came the "beat by a girl" comment, and I was beyond ready for them to go. Bye-bye.

Yup. They can fuck right off with that sexist bullshit. And if we're going to get technical, they got beat by FIVE girls: Both Rachels, Nary, Jamie, and Vanessa are still in the race, you tools, and you're not.