Brendon & Rachel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

135 replies to this topic

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

As much as Rachel annoys me, her comments about why she didn't shave her hair made me feel sorry for her. If she really thinks she needs all that hair and extensions and everything else to be pretty, that's unfortunate. She's actually a nice-looking woman, and even though JJ was just trying to play her, I think he was right that she'd look fine with her hair shaved off.

dryedmangoez

dryedmangoez

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

Wasn't it so randomly odd when JJ said Rachel "is a very nice lady, she really is."
lol Rachel's streak of getting people to like her after bad first impressions continues! (Though really it just proves Art & JJ merely like to get a rise out of other teams thinking it gives them some sort of advantage. Though they've made it to final 4, so I guess it works to an extent.)

Edited by dryedmangoez, Apr 30, 2012 @ 3:26 PM.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:43 PM

I didn't see them on BB, so I didn't have many preconceptions about Brenchel - although I did think stunt casting brought them onto TAR and I'm not a huge fan of that. I find Rachel a very mixed bag - she whines and whimpers and melts into tears on a regular basis, but once she commits to a task she's an absolute challenge monster and takes real pleasure in executing it. I think she's honestly disingenuous about her role in the feud with Vanessa - doesn't really see that she gives as good as she gets - and her 'poor me' response to things going wrong can be annoying, but they've generally earned their way along the Race - no ferns, no use of their 'celebrity' as Rob/Amber were able to do their first time.

I recently shaved my head for medically-related reasons, so I probably wasn't as sympathetic as I should have been to her refusal to do it. My feeling was, it's a guaranteed place in the finals, a good shot at one million dollars, and there are wigs and scarves and hats galore with which you can have lots of fun... do it! And really, $500 worth of extensions? I think she was overcharged, because they didn't look particularly good to me.

I got the impression that Brendan wanted to kill her, but really, really restrained himself, since giving her a hard time would only have left her a puddle of ineffective tears. Good call, Brendan.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

Wow - I've never really disliked Rachel until the final leg. She was ridiculous. God bless Brendon. I'm always amazed at how seemingly normal, attractive guys marry these emotionally high-maintenance women. Kind of reminded me of Hayden and Aaron from TAR6.

Beloved Aunt

Beloved Aunt

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

Haven't been bothered all season by the stuntcasting until the finish mat speech by Rachel tonight. It was so empty and perfunctory. To me, it really came across that she was just in it to do TV and win a $1 million. It didn't mean as much to her as it did to the others.

honeycocoa

honeycocoa

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 1:23 AM

One of the things I enjoy and appreciate about TAR is that I can watch it with my son. We look at the globe, we discuss other cultures, it's fun. This season I relaly regretted letting him watch. We would talk over Rachel most ogf the time and discuss how unnessesary all her dramka was, but I just don't enen want him seeing adults being train wrenck like her yet. I really hope they never stunt cast anyone like that again.

mojitos please

mojitos please

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:32 AM

Out of all the racers, I thought Rachel made some very sincere comments when they were at the Hiroshima Memorial. I was annoyed by her over the top reactions many times throughout the race but I always got the impression that she was taking in the experience and was very appreciative of her exposure to so many countries and cultures. I can't recall her being disrespectful to any of the locals or being dismissive of the scenery.

So while she wasn't the best contestant in terms of likability (I never hated her, but I know she rubbed many the wrong way) at least she and Brendan didn't take their opportunity for granted.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:55 AM

What pissed me off most about Rachel was that she was a very competent Racer--she did great at both mental and physical tasks, so if she could have done that without whining, I would have thought she was a badass.

Shades of Red

Shades of Red

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 5:50 AM

I'm a huge Rachel fan from her two BB appearances, and I also like Brendon quite a bit. I was disappointed that they didn't win (especially since it appeared that they could have won without the stadium mistake), but I thought that they did very, very well, finishing third by a hair and, again, almost winning. Rachel stresses out and gets emotional - - as do a lot of the couples on TAR, including both D/R and R/V (ugh) this season. However, as noted upthread, by the end of each of her three seasons on reality TV, a lot of people (viewers and contestants) who didn't like her at first find that they like her. It's worth noting that, according to media reports, plenty of her "enemies" during her first BB appearance became her friends, even good friends, after the show. At the end of the day, she's a nice person, and that matters for a lot. Brendon also came off very well during the Race. Both of them handled challenges with a lot of competence and teamwork.

I'm not sure it's really "stuntcasting" if the "stunt" team ends up doing very well, and in fact nearly wins.

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 6:15 AM

I can't believe Rachel couldn't even get through the final without whining and fake-crying and she and Brendon arguing about quitting. What a couple of idiots. They can't get off my screen fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

PugLife

PugLife

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

These two are simply insufferable....when she whined/cried/bitched it was just more than I can handle. GAH!!!

mwolf

mwolf

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 2:22 PM

Exit interview: Amazing Race's Brendon and Rachel: Vanessa Is Mean Just to Be Mean

Let's talk about your friends, Vanessa and Ralph. I just talked to them and Vanessa said your feud started because you didn't agree with her liberal political views and that Rachel said to her, "Oh, so you kill babies?" [Ed. Note: Check back Thursday for our interview with Vanessa and Ralph.]
Rachel: What?! She said I said that? That's insane! I did not say that.
Brendon: Wow. Well, apparently Vanessa is just like she is off the show as she is on the show. First of all, if she's saying that you said that in response to her being pro-choice, we're both pro-choice, so I don't understand that. I don't even think we talked about that. If we did talk about it, we never said that.
Rachel: Yeah, that makes no sense. I can't believe she's saying I said this. Anyone who knows me or has seen me on Big Brother — they film us 24/7 — know words like that would never come out of my mouth.
Brendon: But I can tell you how it started. It started before we even raced. Rachel and I were meeting and talking to the teams at the airport, which is what all the teams do. Rachel heard Vanessa say to Ralph, "Oh, that girl's staring at me" and blah, blah, blah. It wasn't even that Rachel did something; it was just that Rachel was there. I think that Vanessa is really one of those girls who wants to be the prettiest girl in the room all the time. If there's another pretty girl, she's gonna want them to get knocked down or not get the attention. I think that's what it was with her. It would go away and come back. The watermelons — it was really bad. In Europe, we sat down with them, had a beer and it was all cool. Then it started up again later. And it was all her, not Ralph. Even when we had that whole mat thing with them and shook hands afterward, I was like, "She's being super fake."

Edited by mwolf, May 9, 2012 @ 2:23 PM.

garnet207

garnet207

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 4:51 PM

According to today's issue of the Chicago Sun-Times, Brendon & Rachel got married over the weekend--they got a much smaller writeup than Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds getting married.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 11:32 PM

Maybe that's an indication they are growing up, and realizing that there is more to life than being a celebrity associated with a reality teevee show. :-)

Babalu

Babalu

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 3:59 AM

Yeah, except for the fact that they're going to be on My Fair Wedding in a few months.

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 5:07 AM

According to today's issue of the Chicago Sun-Times, Brendon & Rachel got married over the weekend

At least it saves two other people from being married to them. And of course the famewhores have done a wedding reality show to tie in with it.