Nary & Jamie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

71 replies to this topic

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:41 AM

They were over three hours behind the lead team when they started. They came close with the u-turns, but they would have really had to smoked the other team or have the other team make a mistake. Neither of which happened. I'm sorry they're gone, because they seemed so happy to be there and really were not annoying. Just slow.

SimonHumboldt

SimonHumboldt

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:59 AM

I wonder how much time they lost last week by stopping to admire the elephants before checking in. Not that I really blame them, but I wonder if it was long enough to keep them from catching up this week, or if they were really that terrible with the tent set-up.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:36 AM

I thought of the elephants too, but it seems to me if you pull over and admire the elephants, it can't eat more than 15 minutes from your time. Maybe a 1/2 hour if they really lingered. They were just that slow at the tent task. Although I have to agree with them that after having no sleep and trying to construct that in the heat without the benefit of someone really strong, it would be tough.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:57 PM

Disregard.

Edited by ribboninthesky1, Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:58 PM.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 5:06 PM

I liked these two a lot as people, but they've been circling the drain for a long time. It wasn't just about the tent task--they seemed to just *bleed* time on every leg.

ETA: Amazing Race's Nary and Jamie: Art and JJ Are Jerks. Heh.

Edited by Chyna, Apr 16, 2012 @ 5:33 PM.

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:17 PM

I laughed a lot when Border Patrol said using the term "caseload" proved they were law enforcement... "Caseload" is a pretty common term for attorneys, social workers, counselors...etc. Wish they could have done better-glad they made some friends.

Edited by rulesoftravel, Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:18 PM.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

In another interview Nary & Jamie said they didn't like Art & JJ from the start of the race and they weren't friendly at all. Also, they really liked Brendan & Rachel & they hated Vanessa and said she was the trouble maker in the Brendan/Rachel fights. They do say that Rachel lets everything bother her (which I do find really annoying especially when she cries) and, that Vanessa is mean & has a big mouth. It's was nice to take get their take on it.

Edited by ByaNose, Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:19 PM.

starrynight71

starrynight71

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:57 AM

Vanessa was introduced as someone who has trouble with other women, if it wasn't Rachel it would have been someone else, that is her one and only role on the show.

It's really nice to hear about the friendship between this team and Rachel/Brendon, Bopper/Mark as well.

Edited by starrynight71, Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:58 AM.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:08 PM

Can you post a link to that interview, ByaNose?

SirDigbyPollo

SirDigbyPollo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 2:40 PM

I've seen a few exit interviews with Nary & Jamie (but not the one referenced above), and I'm left with one question: what federal agency do they work for? I still don't know!

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 6:46 PM

Maybe they can't say. Hmm...

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 7:40 PM

With BP's ego, it's got to be killing them that Nary and Jamie are more talked about than they. Five pages on TWoP versus four for BP. 'Cause you know, it really is all about the fame. ;-)