Emily/Daniel: Faking It?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

16 replies to this topic

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2012 @ 2:13 PM

Since Nolan/Emily had their own thread, I couldn't resist.

Daniel and Emanda's relationship (or whatever you want to call it) has certainly been a hot topic among us, particularly concerning whether how much Emanda actually cares about Daniel.

My two cents: Yes, it did start out as him being a means to an end, but I think that changed in episode 3, when Emanda sets Daniel up for that confrontation with his ex's brother and him coming to terms with the consequences of past actions. Emanda was well aware of Daniel's past -- she's been stalking his family for years, after all -- so up until that point, she thought he was just another rich playboy skating around on his parents money. True, she had no beef with him personally, but she didn't have any qualms about using him for her plans.

But then he surprised her. Not only did he show remorse, he was willing to take personal accountability, which his something neither Conrad or Victoria have ever done. Ever since then, I think she's seen that his feelings for her are genuine, and even her cold dead heart is moved by it. I think that teary look and kiss when Daniel promised to be honest with her was genuine.

And I think her short-lived decision to change her plan by calling off the engagment was motivated by that as well. She'd already seen "innocents" like Jack and Charlotte get hurt because of her, and she didn't Daniel to become collateral damage, physically or emotionally, as well.

However, as we saw at the end, those conflicting emotions don't matter in the long run. Does she like Daniel? Maybe. Does she feel bad about using him? Probably. But does she hate Victoria more than anything? You better believe it, buster.

Edited by Spartan Girl, Jan 23, 2012 @ 2:14 PM.

Midru

Midru

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 5:39 PM

I haven't seen all the episodes or the scene you mentioned. But my read is that 1) Daniel totally loves her and buys her elegant lady act and 2) I haven't seen Emily show any real feelings for him.

He seems like a genuinely good guy, about as good a guy could possibly be who is that rich and good looking. He's really almost kind of a saint because he buys everything Emily is selling and really tries and doesn't seem to realize all how he is being played.

Again, I haven't seen all the episodes. Are they doing it? If they are, she is even more of an actress and master manipulator!

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 11:58 PM

They've been doing it for quite some time now. I also think she has feelings for Daniel but not as strong as her treasured Jack feelings and not enough to change her mind about any of this.

dimples1

dimples1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 7:29 AM

I'm of the opinion that Emily cares and likes Daniel, but she's not in love with him. She's got the destruction of the Graysons (and especially Victoria) as her main motivation. She can't allow herself to be in love with him. Daniel's gorgeous, kind and wants more out of his life than just being the heir of the Grayson money, clout and business, but (in her mind) he's going to be collateral damage in order to get what she wants.... Revenge.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 9:09 AM

Well, it looks like he's definitely collateral damage now.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 6:18 PM

From the 1:15 "Chaos" thread.

"He" is Daniel

That's actually a really good point! Although even if he's picked up on something not being quite right, I don't think he's bright enough to go snooping and figure out the truth. Especially since the truth is so bizarre and far from what he likely thinks it is "Emily, you're just marrying me for my name and money!" "No Daniel, I'm actually marrying you as part of my incredibly elaborate revenge scheme to destroy your entire family for wrecking mine, something I've been carefully planning for years and which involves a ninja revenge sensei, an unhinged stripper, multiple secret identities, poisoning your father, arson and framing people for murder. But I'm not after your name or your money, I promise!"

So, my thinking is with regard to Emanda('s original plan) and Daniel is that getting engaged is one thing, actually marrying him is an entirely different matter. Before Tyler clearly surfaced as a deranged complication in the plan, Emanda said to Nolan that neither Daniel nor Charlotte were targets. I can't imagine she wants him to have anything remotely resembling grounds for checking into her assets, let alone risk having to fight him for half or deal with Grayson's combined strength during a messy divorce.

So, beyond what has surfaced in "Chaos" and the spoiler regarding the identity of a second gun man about whom emily is sufficiently close to be conflicted about helping to exonerate Daniel. Emanda was feeling sufficiently conflicted about Charlotte to pull her improvised plan to tell her, that her Father is David Clarke. Emanda wasn't able to convince Sensei that she didn't care about Daniel, or that even if she wasn't in love with him, she cares enough that Sensei thinks her judgement is clouded and her capacity to stay on target compromised.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 6:27 PM

So, my thinking is with regard to Emanda('s original plan) and Daniel is that getting engaged is one thing, actually marrying him is an entirely different matter. Before Tyler clearly surfaced as a deranged complication in the plan, Emanda said to Nolan that neither Daniel nor Charlotte were targets.

Yes but when Jack got beat up and Emanda was considering pulling back and regrouping because the collateral damage was getting out of hand, she said (paraphrase) "Maybe I can find a way to bring down Victoria without marrying her son."

She was going to tell Daniel that she needed time to think over his proposal after all until Daniel dropped the bombshell about the rape. I think that the marriage was always a part of her plan.

Baskingsharkgtx

Baskingsharkgtx

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 8:42 AM

I think originally she didn't intend to take direct revenge on him (after all, he seems to be a couple of years younger than her, so it's not like he could have played a part in what happened to her father) but didn't care if he was collateral damage and fully intended to marry him as part of the scheme. However, after she started getting close to him and saw his likable side and then the Charlotte bombshell got dropped, she softened and figured maybe she could indeed get Victoria without hurting him. But then the rape thing got said and she snapped back into full-on vengeance mode.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 9:56 AM

I think she has some feelings for him but nowhere near enough that she'd put them over her quest for vengeance though.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 2:21 AM

Tonight was the first time I even thought she might have some feelings for Daniel. But even so, I'm still going back and forth on it. Looking forward to where this is all going.

Daniel going to prison for a crime he didn't commit is the ultimate revenge but she didn't seem all that happy about it.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 3:18 AM

Daniel going to prison for a crime he didn't commit is the ultimate revenge but she didn't seem all that happy about it.

I think she wants this for Victoria and Conrad themselves; Daniel wasn't involved in framing David.

If this relationship wasn't built on lies, this would the perfect time for Emanda to bail. She's going to have to work this situation carefully since she needs Daniel to stay close to the Graysons.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

No, she wasn't happy about it at all. There was definite guilt on her face when the cops came to take Daniel away. It should have been perfect vindication, watching Victoria cry after Daniel like she cried out for her own father when the feds stormed their house all those years ago.

Dig two graves, indeed.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

Well, if there were any feelings she had for him, they must be gone now; "he's one of them"!

quarks

quarks

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 10:44 PM

I have to say that was about as nice as breakups post finding out about cheating can get. Daniel was genuinely hurt; Emanda was, for her, almost honest, which was a surprise, telling him truthfully enough that she really wasn't the person Daniel thought she was. He just has no idea how true that was.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 8:10 AM

ITA, quarks. You can totally tell that despite everything, she still felt bad about using him the way she did.

Daniel is totally turning into Michael Corleone. It's so sad to watch.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

I was surprised at the breakup only because what will be her "in" to the Graysons now? She has her evidence about her father and the cover-up, but I imagine she still has some Revenging left to do.

lostalongtheway

lostalongtheway

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 11:01 PM

I actually liked these two even though they were doomed from the start.