Donít Be Tardy for the Wedding

• Please log in to reply

992 replies to this topic

AuntiePam

AuntiePam

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 1:14 PM

She's divorcee. Reports were that she was getting $20,000 in monthly child support from her ex, who is the son of a wealthy man. And like Tafatia said, there's her salary from the show and whatever she earns from her "music". Unlike so many other Housewives, we've never heard that Kim's had financial/credit problems.

Bucky FourEyes

Bucky FourEyes

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 6:20 PM

I'd like to know who Kroy pissed off at Bravo for them to use that awful, cross-eyed shot of him in the opening credits.

Also, I can't stop rewinding and watching: "Shut up - I'm smokin'."

Edited by Bucky FourEyes, May 6, 2012 @ 6:39 PM.

LucyJJane

LucyJJane

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 6:39 PM

"How hard can it be to alter a beaded dress? I mean, really?" with that dumb slack-jawed look she has mastered so well. This from a woman who can't figure out how to use a hand held can opener! The woman is too stupid to be embarrassed by her ignorance!

I'm certainly no Kim defender, but I'm pretty sure she was being facetious when she said that.

YpsiYvonne

YpsiYvonne

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 6:45 PM

I loved the looks on Kroy's mom's face as she was given the tour of the house. She looked...bemused? confused? Both?

I didn't think I'd watch this show, but I'm in. Like others have mentioned, the "Kim" character is much more appealing on this show. Over the top, yes, but entertaining.

Edited by YpsiYvonne, May 6, 2012 @ 6:49 PM.

rml24601

rml24601

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 6:51 PM

I loved the looks on Kroy's mom's face as she was given the tour of the house. She looked...bemused? confused? Both?

All those things & more! The house is way over-the-top & Kim sure does love to 'gild the lily', but it looks like at least Kroy's family will be comfortable & have plenty of room/privacy while they stay at the Manor.

Kim reminds me of a 'faux queen', i.e. a woman dressed up as a man dressed up as a woman. I'd love to see her w/o her wig, though!

kinda sketchy

kinda sketchy

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 7:37 PM

how did she support them after Big Poppa and before Kroy? She's not a divorcee, she isn't heiress and she doesn't appear to work. What gives?

There was no time between BP and Kroy. BP drove her to the event where she met Kroy (Kim said so herself on RHOA). Before BP it was her ex-husband, the convicted child molester who comes from a wealthy family. Although there is some conflicting reports on the amount, if any, child support she received from him.

Kim's look has changed so much...I can't put my finger on it. She swears she hasn't had a nose job and we know her wig is better these days but there's something else. Chin reduction maybe?

I'd love to see her w/o her wig, though!

Me too. The most compelling reason for tuning in to this shit show...and of course Bravo is going to hold it for the last episode.

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

Kinda sketchy, she definitely has had a nose job, I don't know why she'd even lie about that when it's so obvious. When RHOA first started Kim had a long, thinner face. I'm guessing she had her chin reduced and pumped her face up with a lot of filler to give it a more rounded appearance.

Picky Eater

Picky Eater

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:18 PM

I didn't think I'd watch this show, but I'm in. Like others have mentioned, the "Kim" character is much more appealing on this show. Over the top, yes, but entertaining.

They got me hooked just with the little scenes of her and K.J. Man, that kid is cute!

travelguru

travelguru

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

Count me in too. I haven't seen all of them yet but the little bit I've seen so far I'm enjoying. Her son is adorable. And she makes me laugh. I would much rather watch her and her girlfriends do dumb silly things for this show than watch those screaming harpies pull each other's hair out on RHOA. This nonsense is actually refreshing after all of that.

B2H

B2H

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 4:18 PM

I'm guessing she had her chin reduced and pumped her face up with a lot of filler to give it a more rounded appearance.

Do you think it's that or the weight and water gain from having KJ? I don't watch Atlanta with any regularity, but it certainly seems Kim is a little more, how shall we say, 'filled out'?????

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 4:20 PM

Kim's look has changed so much...I can't put my finger on it. She swears she hasn't had a nose job and we know her wig is better these days but there's something else. Chin reduction maybe?

It looks to me like Kim's had something done to her nose and lips. To me her lips look crooked now, especially when she smiles. Plus her wigs look like she took about 5 of her old wigs and sewed them together.

spankydoll

spankydoll

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 7:46 PM

I don't think that we can hang Kim out to dry for having a convict ex husband. She divorced him and is attempting to keep him away from the kids. It would be like belittling Elizabeth Edwards because she was married to a lying thief. I don't think that smoking makes her the antichrist either. Kim is vapid, self absorbed and has awful taste. But she's a riot. I can't watch any of the HW franchises any longer because they are so horrible to eachother. I'm enjoying her shenanigans. And Kroy seems happy. Very happy.

I can't wait to see her "Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" gown too. lol.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:24 AM

Her weight loss plan consists of breast feeding and lipo.

No, she breast pumps, she's never breast fed her son. She complained about Sweetie burning the breast milk on the stove that time.

I am not watching this show but I am thoroughly enjoying everyone's comments.

In regards to her children and leading a healthy lifestyle, that will happen only if Kroy quits the NFL and stays home 24/7 to be their house daddy. In early RHOA Kim made a big speech to the new nanny she was hiring that there was a different fast food meal each day of the week. They had a schedule.. McDonalds on Monday, Chick Fil-A on Tuesday, etc. She has never cooked for her children. Ever. She's never cooked for Kroy on RH, she hired a personal chef to come in and cook lasagna then she lied and said she made it.

Kim won't make her kids exercise. She'll take them to the plastic surgeon she uses to get whatever fat sucked out of them she deems necessary. And I would bet you lunch she'll do it all behind Kroy's back, knowing he wouldn't approve of a child having lipo.

Kroy is in for a rude awakening with this chick, there's no way this man will be able to keep up with Kim's antics and keep his career on track at the same time. His contract is performance-based. No play, no pay.

Kim's had a nose job and lip injections. Some cheekbone enhancements as well. Watch some of the S1 shows and you'll see what I mean. Her lip job is a little lopsided, she might want to get that fixed.

After looking at the links posted above, seeing the photo of her walking beside Cynthia... no way Kim is a size 2. 6 or 8 perhaps, but not a 2. If she's a 2, then Cynthia is a minus 4. That "sundress" Kim has on in the photo is hideous for daytime wear, but then again... it's Kim.

Edited by Philipscomments, May 8, 2012 @ 9:25 AM.

GeorgePBurdell

GeorgePBurdell

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 5:18 PM

Aside from the (IMO) obvious nose job, I think Kim has had a chin reduction and cheek implants, which cause her face to move differently when she talks or smiles (or does that stupid little screwed-up face that she's so fond of).

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 6:48 PM

Do you think it's that or the weight and water gain from having KJ? I don't watch Atlanta with any regularity, but it certainly seems Kim is a little more, how shall we say, 'filled out'?????

I know that's common for many women, but I don't think so in Kim's case. I noticed drastic changes in her face prior to her becoming knocked up with KJ.

Kroy is in for a rude awakening with this chick, there's no way this man will be able to keep up with Kim's antics and keep his career on track at the same time. His contract is performance-based. No play, no pay.

Good point. Look at what happened to Lamar Odom's career once he took part in a reality show, and he was a more high profile player than Kroy.

Tafatia

Tafatia

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

OK neither is 100% right, but I found myself siding more with Kim's mother than with Kim.

GeorgePBurdell

GeorgePBurdell

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

I couldn't even sort all that out, but I did think Kroy needed to zip it.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:34 PM

I couldn't even sort all that out, but I did think Kroy needed to zip it.

I found myself screaming at the TV for Kroy to STFU! Where does he get off speaking to his future mother-in-law like that? Its bad enough how Kim speaks to her. Would it have killed Kim to have a couple of her motherís friends at the wedding? Itís not like thatís out of the ordinary. And Kim really needed to lose that whole, "It's really up to the parents of the bride to pay for the wedding" crap. Honey, that ship sailed two failed relationships, one illicit affair with a married man and 3 kids ago. I canít believe she said that. Theyíre acting like Kimís parents donít deserve any respect because they arenít rich.

AuntiePam

AuntiePam

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

Kim brought it on herself, by lying to her mom and then tweeting about it. That was dumb. Maybe things were going too smoothly and she felt the show needed some drama?

Kim's mom seems like a nice lady, even though she embarrassed herself in front of Cowie. I can understand why Kim wouldn't want her around Cowie again if she's going to act like she's starstruck. Compared to Kroy's mom, Karen's not coming off too well, but that could be the editing monkeys.

I wonder what Kim meant when she told her mom "You've never apologized for anything!" Kim hasn't talked much about her past, or her childhood. She could be talking about something serious, or something minor, like forgetting to pick her up after school.

I think they're both at fault -- Kim for tweeting about the lie and Karen for not cutting Kim some slack. Kim was wrong for the comment about paying for the wedding, and Karen was wrong to invite people without asking (if that's what she did).

I very much enjoyed Brielle getting some attention, and she handled it well. She's come a long way, from the videos she was posting during the first season of RHoA.

ITA Kroy should have butt out. He probably doesn't expect to see much of Kim's mom, not with that attitude.

kinda sketchy

kinda sketchy

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

Thank you, swankie. Kim's virgin bride and caring mother act is so hilarious. And in 4 seasons of RHOA Kim neverrrrrrr spoke of any issues with her mom and now it's the focal point of every episode? I smell contrived plot line. And Kroy doesn't even know Kim really, and he certainly doesn't know her mom and the history there. Kim was obviously a wild child growing up, seeing how she was fucking a married 45 year old cop when she was 17 and had Brielle when she was 19. I don't think disrespecting her mom is anything new and now suddenly she wants to play the victim of having a horrible mother? Bitch please.

Which brings me to my next point...where was the "concerned parent" act pre-Kroy when she was traipsing around everywhere with whoever and whenever without a thought to her daughters and now she's having a cow over a peck on the lips? She's the whoriest of whores and she now wants to play pearl clutching virgin for Kroy's dumbass. What a skank he landed. Good luck with that, howdy doody.

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 12:49 AM

And Kim really needed to lose that whole, "It's really up to the parents of the bride to pay for the wedding" crap. Honey, that ship sailed two failed relationships, one illicit affair with a married man and 3 kids ago. I canít believe she said that. Theyíre acting like Kimís parents donít deserve any respect because they arenít rich.

Thank you, you took the words out my mouth. Kim, honey the whole "princess for a day" ship sailed after you got knocked up by your third baby daddy. Enough already. I'm also tired of the whole "I'm taking care of three kids" schtick. From what I've seen on four years of RHOA, the girls have pretty much fended for themselves. I don't doubt Kim loves her daughters, but they've never gotten in the way of her good time. KJ has a full time nanny so Kim acting like she's caring for three toddlers round the clock with no help is obnoxious.

The first couple epis of this show I started to like Kim, this one has snapped me back into reality.

Dee Clutter

Dee Clutter

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 12:25 PM

didn't think I'd watch this show, but I'm in. Like others have mentioned, the "Kim" character is much more appealing on this show. Over the top, yes, but entertaining.

I'm actually enjoying it. Don't worry, folks, Kim's mother attends the wedding (according to preview videos of the wedding). I think the conflict is Bravo-fueled like all the other Kim conflicts.

Everybody's right about her mother's weight. I don't think she's anorexic -- I think she's an alcoholic and a smoker, both of which can contribute to her weight. I see her having coffee and a cigarette for breakfast, regular lunch, a cocktail in the afternoon, picking at her dinner and then more drinks. JMHO, of course.

yian

yian

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

why so little comments on this show? I see that Kim's Mrs. Cleaver attitude is not holding up and is already starting to crack.

Edited by yian, May 11, 2012 @ 5:20 PM.

AuntiePam

AuntiePam

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 4:36 PM

I think even June Cleaver would have given Kim's mom the side eye. "Wearing white to your daughter's wedding? It's not done, dear. Here's something nice in a pale lavender. Now go eat a sandwich."

EMTQueen

EMTQueen

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 6:46 PM

I love Kim's posturing, miles of excuses, and revisionist history, especially when Marlo called her a whore on the Reunion. Let's see: screwing a 45-year old married man at 17, had a kid at 19, had another kid by a different guy, screwing another married man purely for financial and material gain, latches onto a young and naive then-25-year old (Kroy's only a month older than me!) NFL player for financial gain and knocked up by him. Only positive thing you can say is that at least KJ and the new poor soul she's currently incubating will actually have the same father.

When Marlo called her a whore and brought up Big Poppa being married while he was screwing her, her only defense was, "I'm married now!" So? That means nothing other than the fact that you're going to look like a huge hypocrite by getting angry when Kroy gets corrupted by the NFL and cheats on you. It won't feel so good when it's your marriage disintegrating from infidelity.

And this princess "This is my first REAL wedding because those other ones don't count, so I deserve all the bells and whistles!" act is really tired. Three kids from three different fathers and the blatant disregard for others' marriages because it's in the way of what you want right at that moment? Any self-respecting woman would not knowingly get involved with married men ever, let alone twice.

Like Kim is paying for any of this self-indulgent monstrosity. It's all coming out of Kroy's NFL checks. Speaking of, I also like how she forgets the little fact that November is right in the middle of football season and therefore a really bad time to get married to an NFL player. But no, Kim just HAS to have the 11.11.11. wedding date and her husband's job (the job that's paying for her lifestyle and Pretty Pretty Princess For A Day) has no bearing on what Kim wants.

kinda sketchy

kinda sketchy

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 8:25 PM

Everybody knows Bravo paid for that wedding anyway.

Oh! Almost forgot my favorite part. When Kim, Miss Versace place setting, Miss I'll Die in Dior, Miss "Is $50,00 a lot?" agreed with Kroy that she didn't want to serve the foie gras because it was too uppity. Hahahahaha. That was a good one. Next thing you know she'll be wanting to move to Montana. Right.

And if Kroy was grossed out by the hair in his food he better get used to it since Kim washes her wigs in the kitchen and dries them in the microwave!

Edited by kinda sketchy, May 11, 2012 @ 8:31 PM.

Missy Vixen

Missy Vixen

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

My favorite part of the entire episode was Kroy's comment to Colin Cowie that he thought foie gras looked like hush puppies, and he doesn't like hush puppies. I thought Cowie's head was going to explode. The look on his face was amazing. Let's face it, Cowie, you lie down with dogs (or adults that have no appreciation for gourmet food and drink,) you wake up and see yourself dealing with a woman you wouldn't speak to two or three years ago, hm? I realize that there are many people who won't eat foie gras because of the method of obtaining it. Most adults would calmly tell the million-dollar wedding planner, "I would prefer the foie gras dish not be included. Is there something else we might serve instead?"

I was riveted by the screaming fight Kim got into with her mother, in front of her fiance. Has he considered what his life will be like when Kim is unhappy over something in the future, and HE is the one she's screaming at on-camera? The solution to that fight seemed pretty simple to me: Don't invite Karen. If Kim is so crushed by her behavior, tell Karen she's no longer welcome, and move on. Then again, Bravo would struggle to fill the other 20 minutes of show time.

WORD to the fact Karen thought a white dress was appropriate to wear to her daughter's wedding. Maybe she thinks she's Kris Kardashian, oops, Jenner.

Kim's howling over Brianna's physical involvement with her boyfriend was reality gold. Perhaps she should have worried about this three baby daddies and one ex-married-boyfriend-who-used-to-sleep-over ago.

Edited by Missy Vixen, May 11, 2012 @ 9:22 PM.

My Head Hurts

My Head Hurts

Channel Surfer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

I think even June Cleaver would have given Kim's mom the side eye. "Wearing white to your daughter's wedding? It's not done, dear. Here's something nice in a pale lavender. Now go eat a sandwich."

Why, if that wigged sloth Kim can have the audacity to wear white with a straight face, Moms might as well get in on the joke too. I wonder if Big Poppa sent her a wedding gift?

Edited by My Head Hurts, May 11, 2012 @ 9:23 PM.

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 9:52 PM

The solution to that fight seemed pretty simple to me: Don't invite Karen

I agree. All the plotting and secrecy to leave Karen out was so pointless. All Kim had to do was call her mother, tell her that to avoid confusion and too many opinions it would be best if only her and Kroy sampled the food and leave it at that. End of discussion. All the drama was so unnecessary.

I guess they had to fill airtime and meet the histrionics quota.

I agree it was incredibly selfish of Kim to insist on the 11/11/11 date. Even if they do get married at the house I'm sure the last hassle Kroy wanted to deal with was a wedding right in the middle of his season.

suburbfabulous

suburbfabulous

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 5:06 AM

I think KJ is all kinds of adorable, but why is he always in hats? Also, I was looking forward to this episode to see Kim's real hair, but I missed it, even though I watched that part with Derrick fixing her hair a couple of times. Can anyone tell me exactly when her real hair is shown?

Edited by suburbfabulous, May 12, 2012 @ 5:07 AM.