S27: Colton

• Please log in to reply

283 replies to this topic

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2013 @ 10:43 AM

I don't watch this show, but a friend had me watch this last episode. I might now be a fan. That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. When he ran into his boyfriends arms, I was crying. 

puffgirl_two

puffgirl_two

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2013 @ 1:44 PM

I agree with puff girl _2 that few people become horrible bullies in the game.

That's what I was trying to say but I'm not sure I actually said it, so probably ProfCrash should get some of the credit for extending my point. Colton's just a special kind of jackass, indeed.

Colton's Fantasy Story

Is he really asking for props for having managed to not say anything racist on tv? Dear Colton: nobody should be saying anything racist on tv.

Colton said in his exit interview with Cesternino, that he doesn't care about hearing his tribemates' life stories or becoming friends with them, and wants to only strategise at camp. Rob C. was just like, lol, Colton, I don't think you really understand how this game works.

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2013 @ 2:09 PM

I like the part where he goes on about how he was trying to get everybody to vote out Aras, and was all upset that nobody was as enthusiastic about that plan as he was. Lets see... Aras is easy to get along with, useful around camp, kicks ass in challenges, and will still be an enormous target when the time comes to vote him out. Why on earth, pre merge, would they choose to keep Colton over him again?

Colton really doesn't understand the game. He thinks it's all about trash talking people and voting them out. Last season, even when his tribe had immunity, he was still the one leading the push to go vote someone out anyway. This season it must have driven him crazy that he was on a tribe that 

a. wasn't stupid enough to do that, and

b. simply could not lose challenges, because the experience factor makes the tribes so unbalanced.

Only in a game where each person plays for themself from the very beginning; no tribes, no pre-existing alliances, nothing, could he maybe slime his way into the finals, and even then it would only be because he can't win. Because his enjoyment of talking about how much he hates people he votes out means there is no way a jury would ever vote for him.

dancingonmyown

dancingonmyown

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2013 @ 2:17 PM

So pile on Colton for being a twit and a bully and an immature child who left with his toys because the other kids wouldn't play how he wanted to but the One World attack made Jeff look like a fool, at least to me.

To me as well and like I've said, if he keeps up this whole "Colton faked his illness and quit in One World", the show is actually what will come out looking very bad rather than Colton because it will call into question the integrity of what viewers are shown onscreen.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Oct 4, 2013 @ 10:41 PM

Caleb and Colton put Colton's explanation of what happened on Facebook today.

I tend to believe him, and I actually liked his little dig at Peachy:

"Operation Suicide Bomber" (as I have affectionately come to refer to my plan) was intended to accomplish 3 things. First, I wanted to weaken Galang. Now clearly I am not referring to the fact that the mere absence of a my phenomenal challenge performances would inevitably cripple my tribe. No I'm talking about what Probst so diligently pointed out himself. According to Probst in a game about numbers I was hurting my tribe by taking away one of its numbers. Uh, good, Genius because that's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. You see, somewhere along the way to obtaining his online medical degree, Probst failed to see the many holes in his treasure chest of failed twists - the main glaringly obvious one being "bank accounts". Riddle me this - what's more threatening a single individual player or a pair? Exactly, so now think about it this way. A mother and a daughter, brothers, an uncle and a niece, they each need to be at the end of the game in order to have a chance to win for the money to be explicitly theirs..but a married (or engaged) couple? Well they need only have one. So basically by voluntarily removing myself from the game I hoped to now (finally) affectively "create chaos" at Galang by removing Public Enemy #1 because now when they finally lose the 8 of them will have to find a new target. (And trust me the lines of trust on that tribe are not as cut and dry and the editors would like to have you believe.)

Mabdul Doobakus

Mabdul Doobakus

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 1:52 AM

I have no problem with Jeff bringing up One World.  There was a lot of discussion when Colton left that first time as to whether he was just faking it, and I think Jeff said exactly what I was thinking, and what I suspect a lot of people were thinking...that Colton's actions this time around lend weight to the idea that he was faking it that first time.  

I also don't believe any of Colton's explanations months later...as if all that crying was part of some grand scheme on his part.  I would have loved to see Colton change because it's nice to believe that people who want to change can change.  And maybe sometimes they can.  But Colton's entire life seems to be a story of wanting to change, perhaps wanting to be someone else.  Maybe because of the things he had to deal with in his life, he seems to crave the acceptance of others more than your average person.  And I don't really think acceptance is enough for him...he needs something more than just simple acceptance.  And when he doesn't get it, he turns on everyone and makes them out to be the villains, or the people who don't know how the game is played.  Colton sucks, but I do sympathize with him.

ratgirlagogo

ratgirlagogo

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 6:41 PM

I gave it some thought, and Colton's Facebook "explanation" leaves me with exactly the same opinion I had before.  Caleb seems like a nice guy,  but his  known connection to Colton is going to make it impossible for him to win.   So what are the two of them shooting for, a solid goat position in the final four, or something?

henriPootel

henriPootel

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 8:55 PM

Caleb seems like a nice guy,  but his  known connection to Colton is going to make it impossible for him to win. 

True, and so odd that Colton himself (in the FB post quoted by legaleagle above) predicted this very thing.  If he and Caleb get hitched, giving Caleb a million means giving COLTON A MILLION - that's the argument I'd use were I up against Caleb at FTC.  I bet it'd work like a charm.  Wow, actual irony there.

goofygirl

goofygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 10:27 PM

Boy, reading that FB explanation really looks like some strategery on Colton's part, doesn't it? I tend to believe that the crybaby just wasn't getting along with his tribemates and took his marbles and went to the house. He's NOT that smart, IMHO.
I also thought the guy might have CHANGED HIS EVIL WAYS after seeing himself last year but no such luck!
There's no way his SO is gonna win the $$$.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 11:27 PM

As much as I despise Colton, it was totally worth bringing him back for two and a half episodes to get the 'online medical degree' line. Hilarious.

lozzie

lozzie

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 10:03 PM

I also thought the guy might have CHANGED HIS EVIL WAYS after seeing himself last year but no such luck!

I also wondered whether he had too because I felt that he was young enough to maybe see himself on TV and realise what an ass he was. He did change - for about 5 seconds before he realised he couldn't keep up the act. While he claims to have quit because of Caleb, I think he's trying too hard to make himself heroic. I think he quit because his tribe wasn't playing the game his way and he knew he was going to be voted out first if they lost since they were not accepting his apologies and the bull he was trying to feed them.

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 6:54 AM

I get the feeling that Colton has spent a lot of time trying to come up with a reason why he quit that was more then "I am a giant freakig cry baby". I listened to Rob Has a Podcast and Rob asks Colton why he quit when he did. Colton's answer was that he was trying to protect Caleb because Colton knew that Caleb would swap for him and he didn't want that to happen. So Rob asked him why he didn't wait to quit until he was sent to RI and in the arena for his challenge. Colton's comment was that he hadn't thought about that and that is why Rob is better at the game then he is.

Colton was upset that Aras had alliances with everyone and knew that he was on the outs with his tribe. I would have bought that he was trying to hurt his tribe if he had said that when he quit. Instead he cried and floundered for an answer. Not because he couldn't say "I am trying to take the targe off of Caleb" but because he knew he couldn't say "I am a whiney baby who can't stand the fact that I don't know how to play the game and am getting my ass handed to me by other veternas who know how I play and are undermining me left and right."

If Colton had said "I hate my tribe and I want to hurt their numbers" on the way out, I would have bought it. But now, the combination of two silly reasons just makes me shake my head and wonder how this was the best that Colton could manage with however many months to plan for interviews.

goldil

goldil

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 8:30 AM

The reunion show should prove to be interesting. Even if they don't invite quitters back -- and assuming Caleb also doesn't quit between now and the final tribal council -- Colton is going to be there because he's Caleb's loved one. Unless Jeffy and/or TPTB forbid it like they did with Li'l Hantz, I don't think we're done with Colton yet. And if they forbid it, Caleb probably won't show up.

Raider Duck

Raider Duck

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 9, 2013 @ 11:37 AM

Not buying Colton's "I MEANT to do that!" explanation for one second.