Angela Lindvall

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

15 replies to this topic

Tafatia

Tafatia

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 6:50 PM

Angela's Bio from mylifetime.com

Angela Lindvall grew up in a small rural community outside of Kansas City, Missouri, and fell into modeling by accident when her older sister convinced Angela to sign up for a local fashion show with her for fun. Angela has since appeared on the cover of many major publications, including all the international editions of Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, ID, Dazed and Confused and many more.

Lindvall’s “chameleon”-like qualities have made her one of the most enduringly sought-after models in an otherwise fickle industry and one of the few to work with nearly every major fashion house, including Prada, Chanel, Valentino, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, DKNY, Calvin Klein, Jil Sander, Chloe, Stella McCartney and Versace. Lindvall has also appeared on the big screen in the films “CQ” and “Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.” On television, she co-hosted “Alter Eco” with Adrian Grenier on Discovery’s Planet Green

Angela has also sashayed on Heidi's stomping ground, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

As a host I think that Angela can be a bit wooden and flat - I guess she hasn't gotten her sea legs yet, I am more impressed with her as a judge.

Edited by Tafatia, Jan 22, 2012 @ 10:28 PM.

stecciem

stecciem

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

As a host I think that Angela can be a bit wooden and flat - I guess she hasn't gotten her sea legs yet, I am more impressed with her as a judge.

I completely agree with your point about the judging. It is quite refreshing not to hear each one trying to out do the other with bon mots.

In regards to the wooden and flat affect, I would much rather take that the the first three seasons of PR, where Heidi's voice was so high pitched and squeaky that I wanted to violently clean my ears with an ice pick.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Feb 3, 2012 @ 1:26 AM

I like her. She's not trying to imitate Heidi like Molly Simms did on PR Accessories and she has her own opinions and voice.

BrookeM

BrookeM

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

I like her too. I respect her judging and think she seems like a kind person.

I agree with her voice though, and has anyone noticed she kind of talks like Austin? She emphasizes words the way he does and talks in that slow, dramatic tone. If you listen to her and imagine his voice, they sound the same (to me). I think it sounds better on him. ;)

But nothing serious to complain about Angela. I think she's doing a great job and is so very pretty.

elizabethann

elizabethann

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

I guess I'm in the minority here. I can't stand Angela. She has no personality to speak of and her comments in judging are given with an air of self-importance. Her expressions annoy me so, that I can't watch when she's talking. I miss Heidi.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

I think she's winning me over. At first, I could not get past how wooden she was, but I think she's really warming up. Plus, her critiques consist of more than Heidi's "I would wear that!/I would not wear that!", so at least there's that...

Darian

Darian

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 10:46 PM

I've liked her from the beginning. I agree that she seems kind, and she seems to be enjoying the gig. She's getting better and better, too, but tonight while she was doing the introduction in the theater, I just kept thinking, "Put your eyebrows down."

But overall, great job!

Lady Cathcart

Lady Cathcart

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 10:23 AM

Yes, Angela's voice is flat and her delivery can be dead-pan, but she does seem to have a personal warmth and an enthusiasm for the show that make her pleasant to watch if not listen to. I also appreciate her ideas and suggestions during critiques: insightful and specific. And I think that can generally be said about all the All-Stars judges, full-timers and guests (with the notable exception of Cynthia Rowley); they seem more concerned with giving the designers clear and helpful feedback rather than, as with Michael Kors and Nina Garcia, struggling to come up with the wittiest putdown.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 5:51 PM

The thing which annoys me most is the "as has been said on Project Runway" thing. I know that's not her fault, its definitely been scripted for her, but it sounds so annoying I can't help but hold it at least a little against her.

stecciem

stecciem

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

The thing which annoys me most is the "as has been said on Project Runway" thing. I know that's not her fault, its definitely been scripted for her, but it sounds so annoying I can't help but hold it at least a little against her.

I don't hold it against her, but I agree that it's annoying. It's like TPTB are saying "We know she's not Heidi, but we want you to think of her!"

At least they don't make her say "One of you will be the winner, and one of you will be owt" five million times during the episode. I know Heidi doesn't say it that much either, but I feel like they replay it before every commercial break.

magpye29

magpye29

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 7:55 PM

What I dislike about her is that she sounds so fake when she talks, like someone who doesn't like children speaking in that overly nice yet somehow condescending tone people get when they talk to young kids. Her eyebrows are too thin and too arched. She just makes me uncomfortable on several levels.

weaverhi

weaverhi

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 4:49 PM

Am loving Angela Lindvall. Always loved her as a model; actually she was a far more versatile model than Heidi. I think she is developing more and more confidence in her opinions by the week. She was a bit wooden in the beginning and is becoming more and more natural.

anonymiss

anonymiss

Fanatic

• Interests:TV: Breaking Bad ...

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 8:54 PM

I prefer her to bitchy Heidi (which isn't saying much). I appreciate her genuine warmth but don't like when she's started imitating Heidi in certain expressions and line deliveries.

Heidi was a good host before the success of Santino's season made her ego grow beyond control.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 5:06 PM

I actually really like her, but at the same time she's no Heidi.

Heidi to me is just Project Runway - she's not replaceable. Angela's doing a decent job filling her shoes, but I'd prefer it if she was sitting in for Nina or something.

magpye29

magpye29

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 6:05 PM

I thought she looked really pretty last night, and her speech almost sounded natural. Give her another season, and I think she'd be pretty good as host. If only we could get her to stop saying, "As has been said..."

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 7:39 AM

Its got to be weird having this non-job, where you know you are just a fill-in. Unless this was an extended audition, in case Heidi asks for too much money and (as has been said on Project Runway) is "owt".