1-11: "Duress" 2012.01.04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7 replies to this topic

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Jan 21, 2012 @ 6:44 PM

From The Futon Critic:

"Duress" - An unwelcome and unstable visitor makes a nightmare of Daniel's intimate birthday celebration with family and friends; Charlotte becomes a pawn in Conrad and Victoria's bitter divorce battle, and Emily watches her ultimate plan begin to unravel, on "Revenge."

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 10:11 AM

Loved this episode. Possibly the best one we've had.

I'm not sure the writers needed to go down the route of Tyler being off his meds to a degree because he seemed pretty calculated about getting one over on the Graysons but I'll bite though.

Emily played the distressed damsel somewhat convincingly, even though she was smart enough to make sure there weren't any bullets in the gun. And she framed Tyler for Frank's murder. Cold, Emily, very cold.

I liked that she actually apologised to Nolan in this one. Has she finally realised that he's on her side? Good then.

Poor Nolan though. Getting stabbed and bound and gagged to a chair by Tyler. Wasn't a good week for him, though he kept the snark a coming.

Ashley was likeable in this episode for the first time in a while. Even when she was making excuses for Tyler, I felt bad for her but I liked her comforting Nolan at the end of the episode.

Amanda is jealous of Emily and Jack - saw that coming a mile off, didn't I?

Victoria vs. Conrad is getting rather interesting and the fact that she's got a lawyer who can falsify documents for a fake miscarriage is interesting, especially when he's obviously the same one Emily's gotten too as well.

Daniel and Emily, I like them as a couple and I'm thinking her feelings for him are genuine at this point as well. She's no longer faking it there.

Very little of Declan and Charlotte, which was a plus, 9/10.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

I'm not sure the writers needed to go down the route of Tyler being off his meds to a degree because he seemed pretty calculated about getting one over on the Graysons but I'll bite though.

Yeah, I thought that making him crazy on top of everything else was a little over the top, and unnecessary.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 9:11 AM

The great thing about this new forum is that we can talk about older episodes without sidetracking the conversation!

EVC is a tall woman but she's usually shot with an angle that doesn't let her dwarf the male stars. Not in the "you're a misfit" scene with her and Tyler in her house. There, she gets right up to Tyler's face and stares down her nose at him. I also noticed that when he goes for the gun, her back is to him, she's facing the camera and there's a smug little smile spreading across her face.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 9:50 AM

How tall is Emily? I didn't really notice her being taller than Tyler during their confrontation scene but now I'm gonna have to rewatch that scene again.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 12:27 PM

I think she's 5' 8''? I might have to check. Add that to heels... Nolan seems to be the only other character that stands taller than her.

teachmusik

teachmusik

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 11:01 PM

According to IMDB she's 5'8" but then like doram said you have to add in the heels. Gabe is 6'1", Nick is 5'7", and Josh's height isn't listed.

Revenge on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1837642/

atyleung

atyleung

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 5:27 AM

I believe I've read that Josh is 5'10". If EVC's heels are too high, she will occasionally look taller than him too.