Ashley Davenport: Queen V Wannabe

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

34 replies to this topic

dorakpasa

dorakpasa

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 6:29 PM

The girl with the psycho boyfriend who kissed a boy. And liked it.
I like her with Nolan. I wonder if she will become a part of Emanda's revenge plans.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 7:28 PM

I'm not a fan of hers at all (I admittedly like Tyler more than her) but she has very interesting scenes with Nolan (he seems to have chemistry with everyone, though). But maybe I'll grow to like her. Eventually.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 7:35 PM

I loved how the minute she realized she was backing a losing horse she was back to calling Emanda her best friend. I wonder if Emanda even noticed Ashley was around less.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 10:40 PM

Probably not because Amanda doesn't care about her. Just using her when she needs her. So probably was happy she wasn't around. I like Ashley and hope to see her character developed more. She has no one to talk to at all so don't know what's on her mind most of the time. I hope that changes.

Zorro

Zorro

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 21, 2012 @ 10:38 AM

One way to make Ashley more central to the action is to have her transition from being QV's event planner/social secretary to being an event planner for Grayson Global. In this capacity she would handle corporate meetings and even (argueably) have some input into GG's PR and publicity (although in reality there would be a separate PR department that would handle this).

This change would enhance and advance the story on many levels:
Ashley would be better placed to share information witn Emanda, you know, her "best friened".
It would give the actress more to do
It would shift her alliance from QV to Conrad
It could lead to more encounters with Nolan.

The downside is that Ashley has stated that she wants what QV has; thus she has planted her flag in the purely social wing of event planning, you know, parties, weddings, etc.
It would have to be made known to her that the corporate wing of event planning is really where the action is in terms of building your career and meeting other upwardly mobile people. She could more easily advance her career and reputation with corporate event planning and in the process meet the wealthy guy who could make her the next QV.

dietcoker

dietcoker

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2012 @ 10:48 AM

One way to make Ashley more central to the action is to have her transition from being QV's event planner/social secretary to being an event planner for Grayson Global.

Or she could becomes Nolan's party planner and then he can throw big soirées with ice sculptures and have teas for all his buddies.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Jan 21, 2012 @ 1:38 PM

Nolan would need to find more friends than Jack and Emanda first.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2012 @ 3:23 PM

After the "House Vodka, Ashley talk to me" moment last episode, I'm definitely shipping Nolan/Ashley now.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Jan 21, 2012 @ 7:47 PM

It would be a win/win situation. Ashley would get to throw grand parties and have the wealth she seeks (though given Nolan's inability/disinclination to do so she'd have to carve out her own social niche like Emanda did) while Nolan would have someone other than Emanda and (when he remembers) Jack to talk to him.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 2:24 AM

Tonight felt like Ashley's coming out party. Loved every last one of her scenes.

Agnes Bean

Agnes Bean

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 7:50 AM

Tonight felt like Ashley's coming out party. Loved every last one of her scenes.

Agreed. I'm finally interested in her. Nice to see her get into the game on her own terms.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

Wow. Didn't know she had it in her.

But when I texted with my friend last night, she thought it was a pretty dumb thing to do. Because like I said in the "Scandal" thread, she might as well start picking out a designer burial outfit because if/when Victoria finds out, she's a dead woman.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 9:03 AM

I've always thought that Ashley/Nolan had this "wannabe-popular-girl/nerd that she's unwillingly attracted to" vibe going on. I'd really love to see where this alliance of theirs is headed to.

I always have a soft spot for the lone WoC in the cast list because more often than not, they get such shoddy treatment. I particularly like Ashley because the show went out of its way to establish that she's not a shameless social climber. She's trying to worm her way into Victoria's inner circle, and not Conrad's (or any other rich Hamptonite's) bed and is shocked that Tyler would whore himself out to Nolan. She allies herself with Tyler, self-confessed hustler instead of the billionaire that's clearly making advances at her and she picks him over her billionaire BFF because she's more sympathetic to the hustler than to Emanda whom (Ashley thinks) has had it easy all her life. And that she is still sympathetic to Tyler after everything - when Emanda tries to buddy-up to her over him, Ashley reminds her sharply that Tyler was sick.*

I'm kind of worried about her because if - as I strongly suspect - the producers planned Ashley/Nolan as a season or even series end-game, now that Nolan has become such a fandom favorite**, that might not happen. And as is often the case when a story-line or sub-plot involving a POC is altered, the character ends up getting the short shrift. Not that I'm bitter at all, or anything.

*Especially if we remember that Tyler was right. Emanda was playing Daniel. And just because we sympathize with her, and she was more successful in getting Daniel to fall in love with her, doesn't make her actions - from [i]Daniel's perspective - any less manipulative than Tyler's.

**It was one thing when Nolan was the eccentric bisexual coward that the lead character occasionally threw a bone at when she needed a side-kick. Now that he's sort of a fandom darling and is being shipped with the star, he might be too big a "catch" for the token WOC character.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Aug 23, 2012 @ 3:25 PM

I like Ashley, and I don't want to see her get killed off; but I think she may have to go soon. I just don't see how they'll be able to keep her relevant.

She was first introduced as Emanda's friend and gateway into the Grayson's inner circle; even with those roles gone, she was still relevant because she worked for Victoria. Now she's dating(?) Daniel and working for Conrad, but I doubt that will last long. Especially with Conrad's company being investigated and Danial will probably find out that she leaked the beach photos.

Maybe they'll try to get Emanda and Ashley to be friends again; but I doubt that'll work.

Beautiful Leah

Beautiful Leah

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2012 @ 5:51 AM

I like Ashley a lot. I love that she's ambitious and can be underhanded but, as doram said, she still has standards ( I also sadly agree on the Nolan/Ashley ship. I think it's very evident it was sunk during the hiatus and I wonder how much fans response has to do with it :( )

Now she's dating(?) Daniel and working for Conrad, but I doubt that will last long. Especially with Conrad's company being investigated and Danial will probably find out that she leaked the beach photos.

I think a lot of this will depend on how the alliances inside the Grayson family will work (I know there are bigger anthagonists ahead, but I think they'll keep Grayson Global in the show as long as they can). The only person who can rat her out to Daniel is Victoria ( well, Nolan also, but why would he care for Daniel?), so if/when she comes back she might do it if Daniel sides with her over his father...in which case, I can see Conrad keeping Ashley in his team just because he and Daniel are petty like that. After all, he already knows and doesn't care.
If Daniel stays loyal to daddy, maybe Victoria will keep the knowledge of what Ashley did to blackmail her in the future...

Edited by Beautiful Leah, Sep 26, 2012 @ 5:52 AM.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 1:32 PM

She's so contrived and not all that bright. I hope she leaves soon.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 1:58 PM

I don't like whats happening to her this season. She was so bright and while yeah she did some sneaky stuff last season she was still a good person at heart. I do NOT like this dating Daniel business! Can't she see he doesnt love her? What is she doing at that awful place anyway, she of all people should know that Grayson Global is a sinking ship (no pun intended).

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 2:45 PM

she was still a good person at heart.

Really? I mean, she wasn't terrible like half the cast but I didn't really see any signs of her being a particularly good person. She just seemed like your run-of-the-mill two-faced social climber, much like how Victoria was twenty-some years ago.

I do NOT like this dating Daniel business! Can't she see he doesnt love her?

What does she care? She's probably sleeping with his father and definitely working with his father against him. She just wants the money and position. Remember how she screwed him over not that long ago with the trial tape?

What is she doing at that awful place anyway, she of all people should know that Grayson Global is a sinking ship (no pun intended).

Well, she has no qualifications as anything above simple party planner and she doesn't want to go back to that when Conrad is willing to give her a lot of money and perks. And Victoria sabotaged her job opportunities when she tried to leave anyway.

Edited by Princess Aldrea, Oct 9, 2012 @ 2:48 PM.

Beautiful Leah

Beautiful Leah

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2012 @ 8:44 AM

Ashley was never painted as being particularly good, but, while she was ambitious and could "get her hands dirty" [/Conrad], she was also capable of compassion and warmth(for example she was the only one to show sympathy for Tyler's mental illness, and she and Nolan might like snarking at each other but also have some very sweet moments). The only person she really messed up with was Daniel, whom she thought was guilty (she told the lawyer as much) and had seen get away with a crime (his DUI) not long before.

I definitely believe her relationship with Daniel is based on interest (rich boyfriend+ a way to secure her worth at GG,doing spy job for Conrad). Then again, Daniel is so blatant in using her as a rebound that I don't think either of them is particularly wronged in that relationship.

As I said, she was also a social climber, so I still don't know how much she has changed since we've seen very little of her this season.

The one consistent thing is that she gets the prettiest outfits (not surprising since the actress is a fashion blogger and helps style her character). The dress she wore at the party in the premiere was to die for!

Edited by Beautiful Leah, Oct 10, 2012 @ 9:17 AM.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 6:20 AM

I, too, think she was still a good person at heart. She was the only person to have any kind of sympathy towards Tyler's mental illness. And she may have screwed Daniel over with the party pictures - but, come on, by how much really? - but she also believed that: 1, Daniel was guilty and 2, Daniel was going to get away with it. It wasn't like if she threw an innocent man (or someone she thought was innocent) under the bus knowing her pictures would seal his fate, or something. Her "scheming" was child's play compared to what Emily was up to, which included framing an innocent man for murder, or what Victoria got up to - ruining a little girl's life to keep her image pristine. Yet somehow Ashley is tarred and feathered for it.

Anyway, I love the way she stood up to Conrad last episode - and thank you show, for not going the "Ashley was sleeping with Conrad" route. Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was pretty clear that she was his spy, not his mistress. I loved that she believed Daniel, and cared enough for him to turn her back on Conrad. I loved that Daniel also realized this in the end, and didn't start suspecting her just as she was turning a new leaf. Ashley was never portrayed as a bad person and it really ticked me off that the show was trying to make her out as evil with little or no basis.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 6:35 AM

She was the only person to have any kind of sympathy towards Tyler's mental illness.

Given that he held them all hostage at gunpoint, I don't blame everyone else for having no sympathy. And I think a large part of her sympathy was because she had been involved with her and hitched her wagon to his.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was pretty clear that she was his spy, not his mistress.

I think it would have been more understandable if she'd been his mistress because then we'd have a valid reason for her to be spying on her boyfriend for his father. As it is, I just think that makes her look terrible.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 12:13 PM

Ashley was sympathetic towards Tyler before he held them at gunpoint. I never quite understand the argument that Ashley had "hitched her wagon to Tyler's"? She pretty much dumped him after she found him swapping spit with Nolan.

I think it would have been more understandable if she'd been his mistress because then we'd have a valid reason for her to be spying on her boyfriend for his father. As it is, I just think that makes her look terrible.

In a show where the lead character is a classic Villain Protagonist - ruining people's lives, burning down houses, and manipulating friends that are loyal to her... Or where Victoria sent a little girl into an institution to keep her reputation, while routinely screwing with her children to save her own skin... I find it hard to see how Ashley choosing to spy for Conrad instead of sleeping with a father and a son make her terrible. Of course, mileage varies on this.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 2:18 PM

I never quite understand the argument that Ashley had "hitched her wagon to Tyler's"? She pretty much dumped him after she found him swapping spit with Nolan.

I rememeber him telling her he was going to screw the Graysons over and talking about how not-rich people like them deserved better than the entitled Graysons who got everything and the two of them toasted to that and were on board with screwing them over.

And Ashley's not as bad as other characters but there's enough terrible to go around.

Beautiful Leah

Beautiful Leah

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:42 AM

Ashley was barely in last episode (hardly a surprise, as she's even more underused this season) but I noticed that now she seems to have fully committed to her alliance with Daniel. She helped him with Conrad, warned him against Aiden and they generally looked more partner-like than ever. Has Daniel won her trust talking frankly about his anti-Conrad plot?

Edited by Beautiful Leah, Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:43 AM.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:56 AM

Well, she sort of burned bridges with Conrad by refusing to spy anymore and by working with Conrad in the first place and trying to leave Victoria wants nothing to do with her. That pretty much leaves Daniel.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:01 PM

I thought she burned bridges with Conrad because she decided to stand by Daniel? Because saying that "leaves only Daniel" implies that she didn't choose Daniel over Conrad but was "left" with Daniel.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:24 PM

She did choose Daniel over Conrad and now she really can't take back the choice so her only option is Daniel and that leaves her with only Daniel no matter what he chooses to do going forth so I think that explains why he appears to have 'won her trust.'

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 5:24 AM

I still don't get it. When have we been given the impression that Ashley wants to take back her choice or regrets choosing Daniel?

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 9:54 AM

I haven't gotten that impression. I just don't think that her increased interest and dedication to Daniel means that he's necessarily done something to impress her or shows that she thinks he's super awesome now. She just cut her other ties (even if she does not regret it because they were toxic) and so Daniel is her one and only option so it's natural that she's more dedicated now.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 10:39 AM

Well, I guess it depends on subjective interpretation. If you're constantly looking for ways to see Ashley in the worst light, then pretty much everything she does will look suspicious.