Find Our Missing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

24 replies to this topic

itsmejessica

itsmejessica

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

Did anyone watch this?

HandBanana

HandBanana

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2012 @ 8:41 PM

I saw one ad for it, but forgot to set the DVR. I'm going to record a couple episodes this week and check it out.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2012 @ 12:07 PM

I'm watching it online. Very good and very scary. I'm watching the one where the woman disappeared inside her home. I bet her boyfriend killed her. What was he doing with those garbage bags?

Edited by EndoKE, Jan 24, 2012 @ 12:09 PM.

walnutqueen

walnutqueen

Fanatic

• Interests:eclectic

Posted Jan 24, 2012 @ 3:41 PM

I watched an episode, too and have added it to my record list. The woman who disappeared certainly wasn't in those garbage bags - she would have had to been dismembered, and there was no evidence of any violence or blood in the house. They did mention the camera blind spot by one of the windows, so it is possible she left that way or the boyfriend dumped her body out that window. Very strange.

The story about the little boy was heart-wrenching. Left standing at the back door of a business in what appeared to be a seedy alley - not likely. The dogs found no scent anywhere near the business, nor was his scent in the car, and no one saw him. I think the story smells very bad, and is a cover-up for whatever really happened.

vmc88

vmc88

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 24, 2012 @ 4:20 PM

I added this one to my DVR list too. I remember reading about the missing woman in the Washington Post. If it was the boyfriend how in the world did he get her out of there? No way she fit into one of those trashbags. If he cut her up, there was no traces of blood/cleaning materials at the scene. The sheet was missing, if she was killed on the bed, wouldnt there be something on the mattress. It had to be somebody that had been in that house and knew about the blindspot. I wonder about that nephew.
The little missing boy...his foster father did something to him. What would be the reasoning to drop a kid off in an alley behind the store, get out of the car and walk to the front of the store (carrying a baby)? So the kid was supposed to wait til there until the foster father/aunt came out the back so they could all get back into the car and go home. Uh no. The foster father sent a text to the aunt threatening to leave the boy on the transit & that he didnt want to take care of a child with a disability. Didnt he fail the polygraph? That aunt knows damn well what happened to that boy. Very telling that the aunt doesnt have custody of the niece anymore, wouldnt participate in the show and has broken up with the foster father.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

The little missing boy...his foster father did something to him. What would be the reasoning to drop a kid off in an alley behind the store, get out of the car and walk to the front of the store (carrying a baby)? So the kid was supposed to wait til there until the foster father/aunt came out the back so they could all get back into the car and go home. Uh no. The foster father sent a text to the aunt threatening to leave the boy on the transit & that he didnt want to take care of a child with a disability. Didnt he fail the polygraph? That aunt knows damn well what happened to that boy. Very telling that the aunt doesnt have custody of the niece anymore, wouldnt participate in the show and has broken up with the foster father.

I didn't know the aunt doesn't have custody of the niece anymore; but interesting that she's broken up with her boyfriend. Didn't they say she was pregnant and that's why she didn't want to take the polygraph?

I don't think that boy was ever in the car. The foster dad must have killed him, because if he just left him somewhere, wouldn't someone eventually have seen him?

vmc88

vmc88

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 12:03 PM

Yep they did say the aunt was pregnant and that was the reason why she declined the polygraph. However, at this point why wouldnt she participate in the program? She's not pregnant anymore, this show will hopefully draw attention to the case and find out what happened to her nephew. Why not participate. Not to mention in the weeks prior to the boy being missing, the foster father sent the aunt text messages saying he would leave the boy on the transit system (the foster father did not like taking care of the boy). That aunt knows something.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

I don't know if the aunt really knows anything. Lots of people say crazy shit but don't follow through. I wondered why the police didn't cadaver dogs to the home. Maybe the boyfriend killed the boy and buried him in the back yard or something. However it was said at the end of the episode that both of them have left the state.

HandBanana

HandBanana

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

The woman who went missing had to have gone out the window (I mean the boyfriend dumped her out the window). Maybe he just knocked her unconscious, took her out, and killed her later, hence no blood. He was so casual the way he went out the back door. I don't think she was in those bags. Her family seemed like really nice people, I felt very bad for them.

The little boy was definitely never in that car. I imagine he murdered him, and of course lied to the girlfriend, but maybe she's so guilt-stricken over not preventing what happened that she won't talk about it.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2012 @ 12:59 AM

I remember watching the case of the missing boy on Nancy Grace. It was where I first heard about it. Nancy alluded (or pretty much accused) the boyfriend. I have to go with that theory as well. I think the boyfriend murdered him or he abused him and ended up killing him. Something was not right from the start.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

• Interests:Left wing politics, sci-fi, sports, competitive reality shows

Posted Feb 4, 2012 @ 7:01 PM

Nancy alluded (or pretty much accused)

He's probably guilty, but Nancy Grace's self-righteous bullshit is the quickest way to get me to question whether someone is really guilty or she's just on one of her crusades.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

I saw the show last night, about those two sisters from Chicago who went missing. Something about the mother bothered me, I don't know. I can't put my finger on it.

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 2:34 PM

EndoKE your instincts are right. If you google info about the case, you will read the mother was not cooperative on a few occasions. I read one site focusing on missing children and this case is on there. I read one part of the story where a child was found and the police asked Tracy (the sisters' mother) to see if it was her child but she refused. WTF? The grandmother was then taken to identify the child - she was not her grandchild. Also, at one point in 2002 when some new leads came in and Tracy was asked to go to the police department, she refused, became combative and was arrested. She had a lawyer brought in who told her to not answer any questions.

The mere fact Tracy didn't want to call the police right away smells fishy. It was said she was fearful of the consequences for having left her children home alone, but at some point her worrying about her consequences were minimal compared to what could be happening to her children as the hours went by and the fact that each hour passed, that was one hour passed with no one looking for the children. Too many people, family and friends, allowed this to go on when someone should have had the balls to just call the police immediately. I think this is a case of a mother who had no idea who the father of her children were and was probably feeling overwhelmed? If not, then it is a case of two children walking away and some predator took them.

One middle eastern man who had paid support for one of the children had discovered he was not the father. He was questioned by authorities and they found nothing on him. Then you have Tracy pushing the other man into believing he was the father of her daughter. They had a rocky relationship.

Edited by kemon, Feb 12, 2012 @ 2:37 PM.

cocopuffy

cocopuffy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

yeah...something about the mother in that Chicago case is definitely off. Why didn't anyone call the police? And why wouldn't she tell the truth if she was really interested in finding those girls? She continued to have a relationship with (and have another child with) the the man who was suspected of being the last person who saw the girls and wouldn't participate in the search for them??? And they slipped in that bit about her losing custody of the child to him at the end of the episode...she definitely knows more than she is letting on.. Her and that guy George know what happened...

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

I like this show. I'm glad for the focus on the often-ignored minority cases of missing persons.

But I'm saddened to see that like "Disappeared" (which to it's credit, often features non-Missing White Woman cases), many of the episodes don't have happy endings--even finding a body so that the family can give the person a decent burial or charging someone with the crime is better than years later still not knowing what happened.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

But I'm saddened to see that like "Disappeared" (which to it's credit, often features non-Missing White Woman cases), many of the episodes don't have happy endings--even finding a body so that the family can give the person a decent burial or charging someone with the crime is better than years later still not knowing what happened.

That's why the show is called "Disappeared" because they are cases of people who have vanished with no trace of them whatsoever. If a body is discovered, then the person is no longer considered "disappeared."

She continued to have a relationship with (and have another child with) the the man who was suspected of being the last person who saw the girls and wouldn't participate in the search for them??? And they slipped in that bit about her losing custody of the child to him at the end of the episode...she definitely knows more than she is letting on.

I seemed to think other family members were more desperate to find those kids rather than the actual mother.

I tripped out when they said at the end the guy had custody of the one child. Didn't they have two sons? Why only one child was given to the father?

HandBanana

HandBanana

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

I seemed to think other family members were more desperate to find those kids rather than the actual mother.

I tripped out when they said at the end the guy had custody of the one child. Didn't they have two sons? Why only one child was given to the father?

She had two sons after her daughters went missing, but only one was the child of George Washington.

I agree, the other family members were more anxious to find the girls. I think they must all be in denial about the mom's possible involvement, or at least knowledge. The way the story started, I thought it was going to be some random predator who spotted the girls at the park or something.

I just don't get why George, or the mom, would've hurt either child, unless their home life was far more chaotic and unhappy than was presented. It is downright weird that some guy in the Middle East thought the one daughter was his, for instance, so what kind of life was the mom leading?

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 7:26 PM

so what kind of life was the mom leading?

Good question. She apparently had four children out of wedlock with what appears to be four different men. George must have had a DNA test done to establish paternity of the one son, but who fathered her other son? And as far as the girls were concerned, the mention of the one middle eastern man as being one father and later he found out he wasn't, mixed in with the fact that Tracy tried to push George into believing he was the other girl's father without any definite testing done just makes me think this woman was all about having babies and trying to get men to be fathers to her children. Did these men have money? I am getting a real bad Maury "paternity test" vibe here. Those women who appear on that show and have test after test after test done on several men and still don't know who the father of their children are...this is what is going through my mind about this mother. I think someone got away with something.

HandBanana

HandBanana

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

Good question. She apparently had four children out of wedlock with what appears to be four different men. George must have had a DNA test done to establish paternity of the one son, but who fathered her other son? And as far as the girls were concerned, the mention of the one middle eastern man as being one father and later he found out he wasn't, mixed in with the fact that Tracy tried to push George into believing he was the other girl's father without any definite testing done just makes me think this woman was all about having babies and trying to get men to be fathers to her children. Did these men have money? I am getting a real bad Maury "paternity test" vibe here. Those women who appear on that show and have test after test after test done on several men and still don't know who the father of their children are...this is what is going through my mind about this mother. I think someone got away with something.

It is creepy and weird, because I'm sure she knew which guy(s) actually fathered her children. I wonder how she got the guy in the Middle East to pay up without a DNA test? I can only presume that George must be involved, too, because how could he not turn HER in if he wasn't involved?

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

BondGirl, I think the point of this show is to open these cases up to a national audience. Maybe someone in another part of the country, or in another country altogether might know something.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

I didn't catch the beginning of the little girl taken from the bowling alley and was distracted here and there so, I don't know what info I may have missed.

The mother seemed extremely distraught over the loss of her child. I couldn't help but be a little angry at the family for not keeping an eye out on their children. They seemed to notice a group of young, black men and a female acting suspiciously yet, it still didn't deter them from continuing to bowl and I am assuming leaving the children to tend to one another and go about and play.

I have noticed when my family and I go to the bowling alley, there is almost one or more children who are left to run around while the adults are bowling. There was one child who couldn't have been older than four years old and she was walking around the bowling alley unattended. I told my family that some pervert could be among us and if I notice that child being left unattended, surely some sick bastard would also notice. Why do parents leave their kids to tend to themselves in public places? Do they think as long as the doors are shut, their child is safe? Anyone could grab a child and run out that door. Anyone could grab a child and pull them into a bathroom and do horrible things to them.

As for this particular episode, the mother then mentions how the suspicious lady then grabs one of the kids and refuses to let go of the child. I was lost about this piece of info as I was distracted and didn't understand how that went down. Can someone enlighten me?

I think these stories burn me up more than they make me sad. So many instances where children didn't have to end up a missing person. I won't even get into the segments of those particular parents who I think know more than they are letting on, but merely talking about the ones like this family who seemed to be busy bowling instead of keeping their eyes on the children who were left to run around.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 11:05 AM

As for this particular episode, the mother then mentions how the suspicious lady then grabs one of the kids and refuses to let go of the child. I was lost about this piece of info as I was distracted and didn't understand how that went down. Can someone enlighten me?

I think the mother yelled at her or something, and she just gave back the child. They said the police questioned her but nothing came of it.

What got me about that case was the hour that they were bowling. I was stunned that people would have little children out so late. Wouldn't the kids get tired? I mean when I was that age, I was in bed by eight.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

I must have missed that info about the time of night it was when this happened. What time were they bowling?

Queena

Queena

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 5:08 PM

The Jaliek Rainwalker case has my blood boiling. The adoptive parents killed him.

HandBanana

HandBanana

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:12 AM

I think these stories burn me up more than they make me sad. So many instances where children didn't have to end up a missing person. I won't even get into the segments of those particular parents who I think know more than they are letting on, but merely talking about the ones like this family who seemed to be busy bowling instead of keeping their eyes on the children who were left to run around.

So late on this, but I was puzzling over that episode too. I think they (the police) said that the woman who was obsessing over the baby had intellectual disabilities and they ruled her out. It is seriously odd behavior. And the group of guys - it seems really unlikely that a group of men would kidnap a small child. That whole story was bizarre.

I totally agree that there was no reason this little girl should've ever gone missing. She was too young to be able to run around on her own at the alley.