Excess Baggage: Celebrity Losers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

84 replies to this topic

cavalier196

cavalier196

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 12:13 AM

If that's the case katisha, then I can't see the orange team not being in the final too. The producers wouldn't want to miss out on that kind of drama.

Agree it's a shame that there has to be an elimination next week. Mainly because it's a good chance it's going to be one of the teams I like who goes; Green is the best chance of leaving, Yellow is also a good chance and Pink is an outsider.

No way Red is going after the JOURNEEE we've seen this week, but even though Lisa appears to have grown a proto-backbone, I still want Papsmear off my television. Grey and Orange can both find a fire to die in too.

cavalier196

cavalier196

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

Well, tonight's the night (and given the lack of postings, I don't think anyone actually cares).

The edit Darryn is getting at the moment is vomit-inducing. Him and his plastic girlfriend sitting on a beach on the Gold Coast made me want to throw things. Matt seemed reasonably charming next to his wife and daughters, though.

Lana is an awful person AND a sook. Dipper isn't much better.

Christian's acting is starting to bug me.

Pure speculation: Yellow is gone, Red is bottom two, Pink and Green just scrape out. I'm just hoping Kate doesn't get the boot after a week of being ill and then nearly dying after climbing 78 flights of stairs.

After all that negativity, though, I'm actually enjoying this show and still find myself rooting for a couple of the teams. Dr. Jo and Dr. Tim are kinda awesome too.

gryphon

gryphon

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 2:11 AM

I admit it: I care, cavalier196. It just takes a bit more time to get caught up with the episodes online:)

I was really loving how Lisa was talking to Darryn at the trapeze site. Go girl! Darryn? *sigh* Ass. I range between hating him and feeling sorry for him. And feeling he's a waste of space.

Lana needs to grow up. She and Dipper seem to be a bit toxic.

Enjoying most of the other contestants, however. Especially K-Fed. And, once again, I would have never thought in a million years I'd be typing that. I think this is one of the first times in a reality series that I like about 70 percent of the people involved.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 3:11 AM

I'm still watching - I've just been a bit busy to post about it, plus I've only been catching bits and pieces of episodes. I did watch a fair bit of last night's with the Q1 challenge. You know the main reason why Papsmear and Mate struggled so much with the stair climb, not to mention Brant? They smoke as well as being overweight. It's a pretty powerful one-two punch. Bad enough to do one or the other, but your body is really up against it when you do both.

I wonder what Ajay has done to invite the ire of the contestants - well, not just tonight, but in general, it seems? But in general I still, like you, gryphon, like 70 percent of the cast and that keeps me interested. See, on BL this season, I think I like about 25 percent of the cast and without that care factor, my interest is waning very quickly.

cavalier196

cavalier196

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

I've no idea what Ajay has done, but judging by the reactions, it either involved murdering kittens or denying the holocaust. Either that or she's just a whiny bitch. I was surprised, though because even the generally neutral people (Gabby, for example) had a go at her.

Colour me pleasantly surprised by the elimination, though. I loved how they tried to build up drama after Brant basically said "meh, kick me off, I don't care". Like they were going to do anything but that anyway. Christian voting for Grey to stay was odd, though. Am I projecting too much when I think that he might have it in for (what he sees as) crying little gay boy Nathan?

gryphon

gryphon

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

I really hope we get to catch up with John in a few weeks--I wish he could have stayed. Way to go Lisa on those lost waist cm's!

So AJay hasn't been showing up for training? Hmm. That would piss me off, too. But, if the doctor says she couldn't then she couldn't, right? Or, she could have gone anyway and just worked out a bit. Not sure what the circumstances are but I can see why she'd be a little annoying.

I felt a little for Lana in this last episode--seems like the more weight he loses, the bigger Dipper's ego gets.

ETA

He's a former footballer who played in the days where footballers were treated as Gods. They ALL have massive egos.

Indeed. But a little humility would be nice. I'm a dreamer, I know:)

Edited by gryphon, Mar 10, 2012 @ 1:29 AM.

Reny Sue

Reny Sue

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 8:39 AM

He's a former footballer who played in the days where footballers were treated as Gods. They ALL have massive egos.

I didn't know it was still online. Will try and catch up.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 4:38 AM

Hmmm, I have to say after tonight's elimination that I don't blame Gabby and Ben (? I think?) for being angry about tonight's elimination, but by the same token punishing Ajay for her supposed bad attitude/laziness would have penalised Matt, who seems to have been putting in a sterling effort. I'm still enjoying this show more than BL, I have to admit.

cavalier196

cavalier196

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 8:44 AM

Yeah, I'd be feeling pretty put out too if I were Gabby.

That said, I was hoping Pink didn't get eliminated last week after half their team had been ill but this week I was hoping Purple would get eliminated even though half of the team was out of action. I guess that makes me a roving hypocrite :/

gryphon

gryphon

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 1:33 AM

Upset that Green has gone. REALLY liked them. The purple team is carried by Matt for the most part--Ajay is starting to grate. She turned a corner because she's showing up to training sessions NOW? How many weeks has it been? Green has been showing up consistently for them every week.

So glad that Gabs got to speak her mind a bit. I had thought the point list had been wiped clean as well.

cavalier196

cavalier196

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 8:40 AM

Ooh, I had a feeling the editor monkeys were making everyone seem all lovey-dovey, but it's all starting to come out now.

Nathan is showing himself as being an entitled little snot, Dipper is showing that the orange team is odious largely because of his presence (though Lana certainly isn't helping). Even the love of K-Fed amongst the teams is slowly beginning to evaporate and everyone in the game appears to have written off Ajay as a waste of space.

Surprisingly, Red seems to come out of it all fairly well, but Darryn really needs to stfu about how his influence on Lisa has brought out the best in her. I would have brought out two black eyes in him before now, so just give it a rest, mate. You're lucky they gave you someone tolerant (and, forgive me, not that bright).

All that said, the likability factor of the vast majority of the contestants is about 1000% that of some of the twats they cast on TBL this year.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 4:46 AM

Yes, cavalier, Nathan is showing himself to be rather a spoiled brat this week. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame him one bit for disliking Papsmear, but not giving 100 percent and not helping his team-mate while she does the work? It's as bad as what they say Ajay has been doing with Matt. And, yes, it does seem like the edit monkeys now have it in for a great majority of the contestants.

That challenge tonight - that sandhill - whoa! I don't think I could have made it up to the top once, let alone nearly 20 times. Props to the heavier contestants.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 1:50 PM

Yes, cavalier, Nathan is showing himself to be rather a spoiled brat this week. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame him one bit for disliking Papsmear, but not giving 100 percent and not helping his team-mate while she does the work? It's as bad as what they say Ajay has been doing with Matt.

Near the beginning, in the press, didn't Darren say something about the kind of person Ajay really is coming out during the show? Well it has. She seems to have an opinion on everything, whether its her business or not. Her rant trying to indict Renee as a wimp and Kevin as liar was hardly the first "Ajay talking head" where she goes on about what someone else is doing wrong, in her unasked for opinion.

Edited by WileyCoyote, Mar 14, 2012 @ 1:51 PM.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 6:33 AM

Wow, Nathan seems to be in huge denial imo. He thinks he left all his issues behind in the cave even after chucking a huge tantrum the very next day.

cavalier196

cavalier196

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 7:06 AM

Aww... Pink knew they were doomed when Yellow made it out of the bottom two. No way Blue was going home just yet. I truly hope they both do well.

WileyCoyote, I remember hearing Darryn say that too. While I don't think Ajay has scraped quite as low as Papsmear, she needs to be careful for there is a line and she is damn close to it.

I don't even know what to think of Nathan. He seems to juvenile in so many ways, but I can't help but feel that a big part of it is what he has been through in the past. That said, there is little to no excuse for the way he has treated Christine over the past week, so the same goes for him as for Ajay: smarten the act up, or be consigned to Cavalier's Shit List.

Edited by cavalier196, Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:59 PM.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

I LOLed at the "he should have been paired with Ajay" bit. Indeed we can see between the cracks at which two contestants were perceived as the most immature.

And his "left it in the cave" stuff? Such delusional BS.

gryphon

gryphon

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

And his "left it in the cave" stuff? Such delusional BS.

Agree so much with this! I wonder if he ever really hears what is coming out of his mouth. Poor Christine. She's really going all out--some 'partner' Nathan turned out to be...and he was pretty supportive during the absail the dam breakthrough. Christine was right in saying she never knows which Nathan will wake up in the morning (I'm paraphrasing)

Man, more props to Lisa. I can really tell by her face that she's dropping weight. Good on her!!

On a side note: that cave thing? I was having heart palpitations just watching it. Just the idea of being that closed in with no way out in sight freaks me the hell out.

Just caught up with the latest elimination--I really liked the Pink team and thought they got on well at the beginning but there was some discord over the past few weeks....I was hoping they would get a chance to deal with it.

Edited by gryphon, Mar 18, 2012 @ 3:10 AM.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 6:32 AM

Well, the Nathan which was there to "support" Christine in the cow milking challenge thing was the same whiny, pissy brat we've had most of the time, so I'm starting to think there is actually only one very angry one of him. Surely at his age he should be very au fait with the requirements of reality TV shows, one of which is that challenges can run any way TGTB choose and the contestants can either like it or lump it. So he's have been good at that challenge and was chucking a tantie because he didn't get to do it? Boo bloody hoo. Papsmear is still at the top of the dislike list, but Nathan is number two with a bullet.

cavalier196

cavalier196

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

After much consideration, I have come to the conclusion that Christine and Renee are both amazing people. Love them both to bits.

gryphon

gryphon

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 12:58 AM

Well, the Nathan which was there to "support" Christine in the cow milking challenge thing was the same whiny, pissy brat we've had most of the time, so I'm starting to think there is actually only one very angry one of him

Very true. He just seemed to get more immature throughout the weeks. Christine was awesome all the way through.

I really like the way the women were working together during challenges. And I'm very glad Lisa made the final 4.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 5:22 AM

So, what did the very few of us who were watching this think of the finale? It seemed to go off with far less fanfare than the BL extravaganza, that's for sure. I must admit that by the end (and I NEVER thought I'd say this) I was almost hoping the Red Team would win because of Lisa. She had to put up with so much crap from Papsmear over most of the show and, fair enough, he did redeem himself a little towards the end but I think she deserved something for her efforts. I suppose most aren't happy that Team Purple came out on top and it could be said Matt had a lot to do with it, but kudos to Ajay as well because she certainly improved her stats too. K-Fed is pretty great, really, but can anyone tell me if that girl they were interviewing in the audience is his current wife/girlfriend, and with yet another child? I think this makes about five he's got now! And I could swear he had a tiny Aussie twang in his accent tonight when he was reading out Renee's stats - cute!

All in all, it's a great shame this show did not do well and they probably won't make another one, but I certainly would watch it again.

cavalier196

cavalier196

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 9:44 AM

I agree, katisha, that it's certainly a shame this show didn't rate better, because I think it had the right feeling for a weight-loss show.

The finale was substantially more subdued than I had expected, but given it was filmed after the show had started to air and rate horribly, I guess there is a good chance they scaled back their plans quite dramatically. I read somewhere that the episode got just 85,000 viewers which would be funny if I wasn't one of them...

I was cheering for K-Fed and Renae by the end, but I can't be sorry that Team Purple came through with the win. It's partly the fact that Team Orange couldn't stand them (enemy of my enemy and all that), but I saw a bit of my Dad in Matt, for better or worse, so I guess I was able to tolerate more from him than most people.

I couldn't bring myself to cheer for Red even though I felt for Lisa the entire season, I felt him winning would be rewarding his appalling behaviour.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 7:31 AM

I have a feeling that this show was really positive for some of the contestants but hasn't helped others, in particular Kate at all. I like her a lot and I do hope she finds a way to be happier and healthier.

I had never seen or heard of the helicopter crash simulation exercise and then it was on this show and TAR US in the same week. Funny how that happens. That totally freaked me out just watching it. I think I would have to say no to being trapped and spun upside down underwater, would much rather jump out of a plane, lol.

gryphon

gryphon

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 4:11 PM

must admit that by the end (and I NEVER thought I'd say this) I was almost hoping the Red Team would win because of Lisa.

Yes, I was hoping that Lisa would take home the win. Purple winning is ok--they both had some good changes although I was kind of soured on Matt by the end.

nozycat, I thought the same thing--how odd that the helicopter simulation exercise took place the same week (in our time) as TAR US. I'm still not sure if I could do it. The whole cave thing freaked me out more, I think. And what you said about Kate...very true. I think there are some more issues that complicated her success--hope she finds a way to a more happy life.

I am really hoping this show comes back and am sad because of the poor showing it had. I really like the idea of the whole show--not just weight loss.

And, I really liked the cufflinks Lisa gave Dar.

Edited by gryphon, Apr 4, 2012 @ 4:11 PM.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:21 PM

Oh yes, Gryphon, I had forgotten about the caving, that freaked me out too. For me they're one as bad as the other, though if I had to pick one I'd probably go with the helicopter as it's over much more quickly even though my fear factor is just that little bit more.

Kate just looked so sad to me at the finale, I hope she's ok.