Charlotte Grayson: She always wanted a sister...

• Please log in to reply

23 replies to this topic

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 4:02 PM

Pretty rich girl in love with a poor douchebag, recently revealed love child. Let's talk about Charlotte.

I thought she had some great stuff last night. I felt so bad, watching her basically get disowned by the father she adored without knowing why. She is so much more interesting without Declan...although, I do still have a soft spot for the scene where we think she's getting the video of her ex-boyfriend cheating and it turns out that Declan sent her a video of a sunset. That was one of Declan's better moments.

FurryFury

FurryFury

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 4:41 PM

She does have some potential, but she needs to get rid of Dicklan, fast. He's bogging her down, hell, he's even bogging Jack down.
Personally, I'm hoping for some major "break the cutie" arc for her, eventually becoming Emanda's friend... or enemy. Or both.

yellowpride

yellowpride

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 5:04 PM

I'm really interested to see where her story ends up going with the whole paternity reveal. She and Declan were the one part of this show that really had nothing to do with the main plot, so it's kind of nice to see that thread tied in with everything else. I'm mostly curious to see if anyone is going to tell her about it and, if so, what exactly they're going to tell her.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 11:53 PM

I don't think Declan is on enough to bog anyone down. I've liked some of his scenes especially with Charlotte. But yes I can see that being a first love dying out type of thing. Looking forward to seeing her relationship develop with RealAmanda. And I hope she and Conrad's relationship survives all of this.

FurryFury

FurryFury

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 1:28 AM

I mean bogs her character down. She's much better without him.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 8:15 AM

Someone mentioned in the older single-thread that Charlotte is what Emanda would have been if not for the David Clark frame-up - spoiled sweet Daddy's girl with the possibility of having Victoria as a mom. I wonder if that thought passes through Emanda's mind now that she knows their relationship. It also makes one wonder if Charlotte has the deep reserves of inner strength that Emanda must have had to survive her nightmare of a childhood, and if Charlotte could also having Emanda's huge capacity for REVENGE.

BBDi

BBDi

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 12:01 PM

One thought occurred to me...I know Emanda has to keep her mouth shut to Daniel about Victoria's "David Clarke" raped me thing. But if Charlotte winds up finding out that she is David's daughter, and hears the same story, it could really fuck her up (finding out she's the daughter of a hated terrorist/rapist). So under those circumstances, would Emanda feel as though she had to tell Charlotte the truth, if only so Charlotte wouldn't go through the same thing she did, with regard to thinking her father was an evil terrorist for so much of her childhood?

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 12:13 PM

I doubt it. Emanda didn't seem to care that letting Conrad know about the paternity possibility would probably ruin her life even when Nolan outright asked her about it.

tina roars

tina roars

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 6:07 PM

...would Emanda feel as though she had to tell Charlotte the truth, if only so Charlotte wouldn't go through the same thing she did, with regard to thinking her father was an evil terrorist for so much of her childhood?

Oh, what a great thought. I hope the show decides to explore this as I would love to see how Emanda and to a lesser extent, Victoria, deal with this aspect. You could see in the terrific scene between Emanda and Charlotte a tiny speck of emotion (kudos on EVC's acting) from Emanda. Even though she claims to be all about the Revenge! I wonder how she would deal with the fall-out if Charlotte falsely believes she's the product of rape. Brilliant move on Victoria's part, because it now doesn't seem like anyone is in a rush to clue Charlotte in.

As for Victoria and Charlotte's relationship, I would like the show to explain why Victoria behaves the way she does towards Charlotte. Is it because Charlotte is a constant reminder of her betrayal? Is it guilt? We've all fanwanked plausible reasons, but I hope someday we get a nice mother/daughter scene with Victoria giving her daughter a heartfelt, honest explanation.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

And I hope she and Conrad's relationship survives all of this.

If they don't make up before the engagement party which I think is only two episodes away then if Daniel is the body on the beach or at least the injured man on the beach then I could see that being a reality check to Conrad and he tries to patch things up with Charlotte. I hope so at any rate.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 12:50 AM

Pretty rich girl in love with a poor douchebag

Declan is certainly better boyfriend material than the rich douche she was dating when the show started.

Edited by corvus13, Jan 25, 2012 @ 2:55 PM.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 9:17 AM

Yeah Declan has his issues but he's been a good boyfriend to Charlotte. Not saying it's everlasting love but a good choice for this time in her life. The issue is will they grow apart as she grows as a person. Usually in the poor guy, there's something there - an ambition, drive, smarts, a purpose. I'm not seeing that with Declan just yet. But he is young.

Edited by angelita100, Jan 25, 2012 @ 9:18 AM.

Colonel Green

Colonel Green

Stalker

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

Big episode for Charlotte, then. The actress has made me care a lot about her (and her relationship with Conrad is actually very affecting, even though Conrad is basically even in all other respects).

I'm very interested to see where she goes from here.

memememe76

memememe76

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 1:21 AM

I am looking forward to seeing Charlotte having relationships with more people. Surely, she will try to find "Amanda" and Jack may help with that.

I also found her relationship with Declan the most affecting and real tonight (although I did enjoy their swing episode). I like that they are generally open and truthful to each other.

She also looked beautiful in the white dress.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 7:31 PM

Surely, she will try to find "Amanda" and Jack may help with that.

I don't think that's a guarantee. She's still in shock and will need to process it before going to find her crazy, criminal half-sister who probably resents her for growing up a Grayson.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 6:35 AM

Did anyone else notice Charlotte sitting on Queen V's throne during the photo shoot? That must mean something...

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 6:32 AM

Did anyone else notice Charlotte sitting on Queen V's throne during the photo shoot? That must mean something...

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 2:23 AM

Very nice scenes tonight. I think she and Amanda will forge a connection with Charlotte of course being in the dark that she is her true sister. And I really hope we see Faux Amanda again if only to see the "sister" scenes between her and Charlotte. I was happy to see that Charlotte really wants to know her.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 7:57 AM

Is it me or has Charlotte improved a lot this season?

She's starting to become a favourite of mine.

Beautiful Leah

Beautiful Leah

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 26, 2012 @ 2:38 AM

I have never understood the antipathy (the one bad thing she did was to Yonkers girl, but she was just an agry teenager acting out), but I think that all the traumatic experiences she've gone through with her parents have made her realize that she's on her own in her own family, and made her stronger and more assertive. I like that in spite of this she's not bitter and still open to others: she obviously cares for the "sister" she barely knows, is thankful for any display of "friendship" from Emanda, and forgave Daniel very soon.

Edited by Beautiful Leah, Oct 26, 2012 @ 2:40 AM.

LadyCroom

LadyCroom

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 1:26 PM

Is it me or has Charlotte improved a lot this season?

She's starting to become a favourite of mine.

I agree that she's improved a lot. Last season she mostly just annoyed me, but now I actually like having her around. She's so friendly and warm with both Emanda and Amily, and so earnest about being "sisters" with Amily.

Maybe she's best without a romantic subplot. Every once in a while she and Declan have a really sweet scene, but most of the time I don't see any chemistry between them and just find their romance awkward.

Edited by LadyCroom, Oct 29, 2012 @ 1:28 PM.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Oct 30, 2012 @ 9:00 AM

The lack of a romance plot probably has helped.

Plus I found her reaction when she realised that Victoria was letting Kara stay with them rather interesting.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2013 @ 10:20 AM

I'm so annoyed that Charlotte is pregnant.  The writers really suck.

Was this some sort of Revenge of Mike Kelley to saddle the new writer/show runner with such a shitty storyline?  There were already enough shitty storylines they had to dig out from under so 1) I hope she's lying or 2) sadly, that she loses the baby.  Because this has nothing good about it as far as stories go.  

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2013 @ 9:06 PM

Wow, Charlotte's line deliveries this year are horrible. They're pushing the actress too hard to try and get her to sound like a Junior Victoria, and it's awful. What 19-year old girl talks like this?