Questions that may never be answered: "Really, what did you enjoy so much about Tallahassee?"

• Please log in to reply

136 replies to this topic

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2013 @ 4:45 PM

We never found out about Emma's tattoo.

Gijenny1

Gijenny1

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 9:22 AM

OK can someone help me out here. I swear I've watched every episode but I'm still alittle lost...(haha no pun intended)..

-Where was it discussed/mentioned that Hook and Rumple and a few others are like 200+ years old? Somehow this went right over my head. I've rewatched a good bit of season 2 but I'm not clear if that's where this info is coming from. Is it simply the Neverland connection?

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 10:10 AM

It was tossed around outside the show a bunch before this but Neal Cassidy in 2x15 "The Queen is Dead" finally just comes out and says "This world wasn't exactly my first stop. If it had been, I'd be a couple hundred years old by now."

Edited by Aliasscape, Oct 28, 2013 @ 10:10 AM.

xqueenfrostine

xqueenfrostine

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 1:46 PM

Did we ever find out how the hell August knew who Neal was?  Even in the event that he had heard from someone that the Dark One might have a son wandering around our world, it seems a big stretch to be able to ID someone you've never met in a world where there are billions of people.  Especially since adult Neal looks so little like Baelfire.

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 8:42 PM

I really want to know whose crown Rumple tried to give to Bae.

InsertWordHere

InsertWordHere

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 9:44 PM

August wasn't just able to find Bae, he also knew all about the dagger. Young Bae accidentally told Hook about it, but I don't see Neal telling August (if he did, he's an even bigger idiot than I first took him for), so some have speculated that the Blue Fairy (who may have faked losing her memories during the curse), told August all about her old pal Rumple's weaknesses. August even outright says it, although some took if for a joke.

Mr. Gold: How about my other question? Who told you about me and the knife?

August: A little fairy.

Also, remember that Regina vaguely recognized August when he came to town. I highly doubt it was because of his non-existent resemblance to Ginger Pinocchio, who she might have seen in passing while threatening rooms full of Snow and Charming's peasants.

An awesome crack!theory is that August came to Storybrooke at some point pre-show, met up with the Blue Fairy, got the Rumple downlow and information about Bae's current identity, and was seen at some point by Regina. Possibly when delivering baby Henry to her as this essay speculates (warning: not very August-friendly), which would neatly tie up the plothole of how Henry got to a town that's invisible to non-fairytale characters. Only problem is he would have to do it without meeting Gold, who set up the adoption in the first place while still cursed, and not knowing he was brokering the sale of his own grandson.

-Where was it discussed/mentioned that Hook and Rumple and a few others are like 200+ years old?

It was first hinted that Rumple was older than he looked when Jiminy meets him in "That Still Small Voice." Gepetto is a young boy in that episode but Rumple looked the same as he does now, so we knew he was at least 100 years old. There were other hints such as multiple ogre wars being mentioned. As Aliasscape says, it was outright confirmed by Neal's line about being centuries old and also the fact that Bae landed in Victorian era London and not the 1970s, as he would have done if his timeline was straightforward.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 9:53 PM

some have speculated that the Blue Fairy (who may have faked losing her memories during the curse), told August all about her old pal Rumple's weaknesses.

Adam Horowitz confirmed via twitter that the Blue Fairy did not have her memories during the Curse:

https://twitter.com/...050355407261697

kcblue86

kcblue86

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2013 @ 1:17 PM

Why did Regina not inherit the throne of her father's country? Did Prince Henry never become king? 

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2013 @ 1:23 PM

He had brothers. Cora must not have killed them after all.

InsertWordHere

InsertWordHere

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2013 @ 1:25 PM

Henry was a younger brother. At the time of his and Cora's marriage, I believe he was fifth in line for the throne, and the gap probably got larger as more children were born.

Edited by InsertWordHere, Dec 9, 2013 @ 1:25 PM.

kcblue86

kcblue86

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2013 @ 1:47 PM

He had brothers. Cora must not have killed them after all.

Didn't realize. Thanks. It seems like Cora would have taken care of it that way.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:38 PM

I wonder if we will ever find out when Princess Ava turned "good" since she went out of her way to trip someone for no reason when she was a teenager.  

mdumont

mdumont

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2013 @ 4:08 PM

I don't think that needs a whole lot of explanation. Anyone who has raised teenagers knows that even the most whiny, self-absorbed teenagers usually, with normal parental guidance, grow up to be mature well-adjusted adults. It's also a normal part of growing up to eventually realize what an asshole one was as a teenager and be embarrassed enough to make some changes.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2013 @ 11:07 AM

True.  Young Snow was like that, too, remember?  And it was Queen Ava herself who scolded her for abusing the help because "I thought I raised you better than that."

It's just a normal part of the growing-up process.

mdumont

mdumont

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2013 @ 11:12 AM

Yep, young Bae was a whiny brat, too, in Nasty Habits when Rumple made the very reasonable parental decision to whisk him away from Pan's fireside circle dance without having a long drawn-out discussion.

Edited by mdumont, Dec 31, 2013 @ 11:16 AM.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2013 @ 3:40 PM

I always think it's interesting how both Young Snow White and young Eva are thought to be so terrible for being rude kids. Kids are rude. Teens are rude. They have very little thought about how their decisions impact others.  They don't think very far ahead.

Everyday I'm thankful I'm not the same person I was when I was 12. Or 17. Or even 21. No one who sees me today would ever guess I was a kid who threw full meltdown tantrums until age 8. (I put dents in walls.) My mother loves to tell people when they're in the midst of such things with their 4 year old and wishing the kid had "outgrown that by now". 

EllyM

EllyM

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 6:52 PM

So, we're in the second half of season 3.

Where has Hook been sleeping?

He doesn't have The Jolly Roger anymore.

He evidently has not been taking lodgings at Granny's.

Does he just curl up in a park somewhere? Break into some random yacht every night and go up and about before anybody notices? Did Regina give Tinkerbell her own apartment, and Hook sleeps on the sofa?

You'd think the royals would care a little more!