Scheduling and Ratings: Social Calendar

• Please log in to reply

62 replies to this topic

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 12:45 PM

Once Upon a Time and Revenge all on the same night?! Are you kidding me?!

On the other hand, that is when I usually watch Family Guy and American Dad, but what the hell, I can always watch them on Demand the next day. Being at an earlier time might boost Revenge's ratings!

And at least this means I won't have to worry about missing new episodes of South Park.

Edited by Spartan Girl, May 15, 2012 @ 12:46 PM.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 4:53 PM

I'm cautiously optimistic about the schedule change. I think it shows that ABC is confident enough in the program to move it to Sundays at 9, Desperate Housewives' old time slot, and I also think it'll benefit the show having OUAT as its lead-in. I don't think the move can really hurt the show (knock on wood) because judging from the ratings week after week this season, the audience seemed to be built-in. This move should only bring in more eyeballs on top of the steady 7 or 7.5 million that showed up on Wednesday nights.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

Great not only have the TPTB Good Wife'd (moved to sunday at the mercy of Sports programming) Revenge's Schedule they put it up against the TGW. This sucks beyond belief because DVRing is bloody nightmare with one show at the mercy of sports scheduling, and now possibly two. Also, this means with the exception of Monday and Thursday, I have almost nothing to watch the rest of the week.

In the end, I may end up netflixing Revenge when it comes out on DVD, its more movie like than TGW. You suck powers that be.

And yes, in agreement with those upthread, between Sunday night football, Dexter, Walking Dead and TGW, two of my favorite shows will definitely suffer in the ratings.

DashDixon

DashDixon

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

Doesn't Game of Thrones also come on Sunday nights in the spring?

Titus

Titus

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 11:36 PM

Yes it does, at the same time no less. Sundays are going to be very busy!

Edited by Titus, May 16, 2012 @ 11:36 PM.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

Last night's ratings:

Revenge earned a 2.0 adults 18-49 rating, down from last week's 2.2 for a series low.

A bummer, but not so surprising when you factor in entire ABC lineup (aside from The Middle) being down to series/season lows as well. A lot of people I know assumed that last night was the season finale, so hopefully people show up for the actual season finale next week.

toogoodtobetrue

toogoodtobetrue

Video Archivist

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 11:38 PM

This basically leaves me with nothing to watch during the week-- only shows on are reality shows. It's going to be rough for Revenge going up against The Good Wife, Dexter, Walking Dead and whatever HBO puts in that time slot for the fall and Game of Thrones in the Spring. I wish the networks would spread these shows out throughout the week. I would DVR them all and then watch throughout the week but I can only DVR 2 shows at once.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

Sunday is good for me. I already watch Once Upon a Time and my only other network show is who knows when it starts Amazing Race.

I'm thrilled! CTV in Canada did OUAT at 7pm, Amazing Race at 8, Desperate HW @ 9 and GCB at 10pm. I'm thrilled that they stick in that one CBS show in the mix so I don't have to ever worry about football overuns and now I can see at least three of my Favorite shows all in one night.

I'll have to wait to see what this show they're replacing GCB with to see if it's a four in a row kind of night or not but I'm okay with it being dreck, it would mean getting to bed earlier which is fine. Just to have OUAT, TAR then Revenge on Sundays is just awesome.

I missed a couple of TGW episodes this past spring and CBS stupidly makes it so you have to pay to catch up so, screw them.. Revenge is better than TGW anyway.

Suffice it to say- I'm a happy camper with this change!

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 26, 2012 @ 2:59 PM

Just read on EW that the show returns on September 30! Revengers, reassemble!

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2012 @ 1:20 AM

Sunday's at 9 - Dexter and Walking Dead. That's a very TOUGH timeslot...

This sucks, I DVR both these shows & can only do 2 shows at a time. Why do they have to keep putting shows on against each other like that?

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2012 @ 6:09 PM

Well with Dexter and Walking Dead - they repeat soon after airing. Dexter repeats at midnight on the east coast and on Monday night's while Walking Dead repeats almost immediately after airing the first time.

Time to change your DVR'ing schedule as Revenge only airs the one time.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Sep 19, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

Another recap special next Wednesday, the 26th at 10pm.

Featuring a Sneak Peek of an Exclusive Scene from the Season 2 Premiere Episode

An hour-long special, "The First Chapter," will bring new "Revenge" viewers up to speed while giving die-hard fans a refresher on last season's hottest new show before it returns for its second season on September 30 on its new night and time (Sundays at 9:00 p.m., ET). Relive all the dark, juicy moments and dive into the mysteries of the Hamptons' most rich and powerful, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

So no excuse for those who missed the first season!

LazyBum1115

LazyBum1115

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 1, 2012 @ 11:00 AM

Initial ratings for the season premiere are out.

Revenge pulled a 3.2 in the demo and 9.5 million viewers.

ETA: That's up from the season 1 finale, and only down a hair from the 3.3 the series premiere pulled last year. It's almost identical to Desperate Housewives premiere in this timeslot last year (DH got a 3.2 in the demo and 10.11 million viewers). Not a bad start. I was worried it'd be lower.

Edited by LazyBum1115, Oct 1, 2012 @ 11:19 AM.

skizzo

skizzo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 1, 2012 @ 11:26 AM

That's a great start actually. Awesome recovery, and it picked up some viewers over the Summer

Cameltoes

Cameltoes

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

I have to give ABC major kudos for the time slot move. The difference in the ratings compared to the end of last season is pretty impressive. If this holds, it looks like they found a perfect combination for counter-programming. 666 is the weak link now. I wonder how long they will give it.

Santo

Santo

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 2, 2012 @ 7:19 AM

I have to give ABC major kudos for the time slot move. The difference in the ratings compared to the end of last season is pretty impressive. If this holds, it looks like they found a perfect combination for counter-programming. 666 is the weak link now. I wonder how long they will give it.

I agree, 100%.

LazyBum1115

LazyBum1115

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 10:52 AM

Ratings for "Resurrection" are out.

Revenge got a 2.6 in the demo with 8.27 million overall. Ouch. That's a pretty harsh drop from the premiere (although to be fair, it looks like the whole night was down, not just Revenge).

ETA: The ratings for "Confidence." 2.7 in the demo and 8.21 million viewers. Against football, the baseball playoffs and The Walking Dead, up .1 kinda seems like a win.

Edited by LazyBum1115, Oct 15, 2012 @ 11:13 AM.

Cyrax

Cyrax

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 3:20 PM

Unfortunately the 18th episode only scored a 1.5 in 18-49, I believe that's a series-low.

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 10:54 AM

Up against the Walking Dead season finale will kill any show's ratings.

Sayneversay

Sayneversay

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 11:58 AM

GoT got a series high against it.

JenE4

JenE4

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2013 @ 10:50 AM

Just read an article on Huffington Post that Mike Kelley is stepping down as show runner and they don't know whether there will be a season 3.

Lolita Swann

Lolita Swann

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2013 @ 3:05 PM

Moving to 10 PM with Resurrection taking its slot.

I'm guessing ABC wants to see if it'll totally flop before deciding to cancel it.

If it surprisingly doesn't go down, renewal. If it basically matches Betrayal's #s, cancellation.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2013 @ 7:29 AM

List of Season 3 Episodes

3x09 "Surrender" (Airs Sun, Dec. 8 at 9:00 p.m. ET)

3x10 "Exodus" (Airs Sun, Dec. 15 at 9:00 p.m. ET)

New episodes will return in March 2014 and air at 10:00 p.m.

3x11 "Homecoming" (Airs Sun, Mar. 9 at 10:00 p.m. ET)

Revenge moves to later hour mid season

Beginning March 9, the sudsy drama will vacate its 9 p.m. slot on Sundays and head over to 10 p.m. The move comes as the third-season drama, once a solid performer for the network, has experienced dips in its ratings.

Peanut6711

Peanut6711

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 22, 2013 @ 9:06 AM

Re: the time change:  Maybe one of the cable networks needs to pick up Revenge since ABC can't do it justice. What is getting the 9pm time slot?  Don't understand how they can keep silly shows like Ever After or whatever that thing before it is called that I can't stand to sit through, and yet consider cancelling Revenge. 

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2013 @ 9:53 AM

A new drama called "Resurrection" will be in the 9:00 p.m. slot.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 12, 2013 @ 1:48 PM

Episode 3x09 "Surrender" scored a 1.6 (18-49 demo); 6.04 million viewers.

Edited by Bella, Dec 12, 2013 @ 1:51 PM.

Peanut6711

Peanut6711

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 15, 2013 @ 10:23 PM

I'm confused...is Revenge coming back Jan 5th or March 9th???  I've seen both dates now.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 15, 2013 @ 10:35 PM

I'm confused...is Revenge coming back Jan 5th or March 9th???  I've seen both dates now.

According to the promo after the finale tonight, it returns Jan 5th. There will be episodes Jan 5, 12; 19. Then after Jan 19, it will return March 9.

Peanut6711

Peanut6711

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 15, 2013 @ 10:45 PM

According to the promo after the finale tonight, it returns Jan 5th. There will be episodes Jan 5, 12; 19. Then after Jan 19, it will return March 9.

Thanks. I thought I saw Jan 5th on the screen but I was trying to pay more attention to what was coming next and was afraid it was just wishful thinking :) Glad it's not such a long break now. Do we know if it's 9pm or still the move to 10pm?

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 15, 2013 @ 10:49 PM

March 9 is when the time switches to 10 p.m. ET.