Scheduling and Ratings: Social Calendar

• Please log in to reply

62 replies to this topic

JenMD

JenMD

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 1:28 PM

I know there was some discussion in the ep thread about lack of previews, it seems we're in for not one, but two weeks of repeats (argh!). Per TV Guide, Jan. 25th and Feb. 1st are repeats of eps 7 and 8, respectively.

Let the withdrawal commence.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

So next new episode is Feb 8? EW said the engagement party episode 15 is Feb 15. Just in time for Valentine's Day...

Humbugged

Humbugged

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

http://tvbythenumber...down-27/116962/

Revenge had a 2.5 adults 18-49 rating up 4% vs. a 2.4 rating last week.

CSI 2.8 11.808
Revenge 2.5 7.582
Law & Order: SVU 1.8 6.409

-

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2012 @ 9:02 PM

So next new episode is Feb 8? EW said the engagement party episode 15 is Feb 15. Just in time for Valentine's Day...

I'm so mad. Today was a horrid day and all I could think about was getting home, showering, putting my warm jammies on and settling in for some REVENGE, Hamptons style.

Repeat? Blech. So uphappy right now. I'm tired of the repeats, I've watched and rewatched all the episodes and I'm ready for a new take down, dammitl. /vent. Sorry.

I don't see how all these repeats can be so good for the show.

WearyTraveler

WearyTraveler

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 1, 2012 @ 9:53 PM

Brnging over my post regarding delays from the Media Thread:

This delay is most likely due to February Sweeps.

During February Sweeps the ratings are used to determine the value of advertising on a show. So, networks save the "best" episodes for Sweeps. If you watch two shows that are on at the same time, on the same day, and they are both airing landmark episodes, you will make a choice to watch one live and DVR/record the other. This proves to the advertisers which shows people are more likely to watch live. So, they pay more for advertising on those shows. The more money a show makes, the more likely it is to stay on the air.

Since the creators of Revenge had a plan to reveal the events of the engagement party mid-season, and all the fans are going crazy with speculation, they are saving that episode for Sweeps. It was supposed to be number 13, and it's now number 15, so, they seem to have added a couple of episodes just to tide us over until Sweeps.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Feb 2, 2012 @ 3:34 PM.
Removed spoiler tags

Pache

Pache

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 9:30 PM

Finals for 10:00 pm last night
CBS CSI 2.5/7 10.88 ABC Revenge 2.5/7 7.70 NBC Law & Order: SVU 2.0/5 6.55

So we tied for first in the demo's and came in second in all viewers. Go us!

-

Meeta

Meeta

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

Does anyone have a link to a good explanation of ratings numbers? I get the "x million people watched" numbers, but I don't understand what the other numbers mean.

WearyTraveler

WearyTraveler

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2012 @ 8:11 AM

Does anyone have a link to a good explanation of ratings numbers? I get the "x million people watched" numbers, but I don't understand what the other numbers mean.

Try this one: http://tvbythenumber...om/numbers-102/

Edited by WearyTraveler, Feb 14, 2012 @ 8:38 AM.

tina roars

tina roars

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 4:01 PM

Overnight numbers don't look so good, considering this episode was the big reveal and much hyped...

2.4/6 (18-49 demos); 7.6 million viewers.

I think it still does well in key demos like young adult women, but I'm disappointed in the ratings. Maybe a move to a better timeslot next season (there has to be a season two! fingers crossed) will help.

Glory

Glory

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

I bet the ratings go up a bit when +7 is factored in.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 4:16 PM

I bet the ratings go up a bit when +7 is factored in.

They do. Revenge is one of the biggest DVR'd programmes - I believe it grows with at least two/two-and-a-half million viewers with it included.

teachmusik

teachmusik

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:05 PM

According to the promo at the end of the episode tonight there's no new episodes until April! Boo :(

teachmusik

teachmusik

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:05 PM

Double Post

Edited by teachmusik, Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:05 PM.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

According to the promo at the end of the episode tonight there's no new episodes until April! Boo :(

What could be better than new epi's of Revenge? Boo is right!

JustinCase

JustinCase

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:27 PM

So, it looks like we're getting the final six episodes consecutively starting April 18. One week earlier, ABC will be showing a catch-up episode similar to what they used early in the run of "Desperate Housewives."

RememberMyName

RememberMyName

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

So, it looks like we're getting the final six episodes consecutively starting April 18. One week earlier, ABC will be showing a catch-up episode similar to what they used early in the run of "Desperate Housewives."

Can't wait, the show is really getting good.

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:23 PM

I'm not sure where to put this so I'll put it here...The number of people I have put onto this show is now at 11. I kept pushing them to watch, and once they finally started, they marathoned all the way through and are completely hooked. I should've asked for stock options lol...

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:56 PM

http://tvline.com/20...a-time-renewed/

ABC is on the verge of issuing formal early renewals to nearly a dozen scripted series, including freshman hits Once Upon a Time and Revenge and established players Modern Family and Grey’s Anatomy.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

Now we just have to wait for it to be official!

Man, I can't believe it's off the air for so long. It kinda sucks that because it's a serialized show that they can't show some re-runs during this ridiculously long hiatus.

BBDi

BBDi

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 3:34 PM

Even though I hate waiting, I'm so glad they're running the last several episodes without any weeks off. I love the show, but I am definitely going to need to do something to get my head back in it before it starts up again, especially with Mad Men finally re-starting this week.

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

You know...prior to the break, we were getting 15+ pages per episode. The hiatus hits and the first episode back, only 7 pages. These midseason hiatus really kill alot of momentum for a show. Networks really need to figure this out...just air the show uninterrupted.

skizzo

skizzo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 11:10 AM

Hit a series low 2.0 this week. Not surprised considering ABC's crappy scheduling.

2MuchTV

2MuchTV

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

The official renewal for Season 2 came today.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

Not surprised, but Yay!!

2MuchTV

2MuchTV

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 10:42 AM

The show's moving to Sunday's next season, in Desperate Housewives' old timeslot.

Eh, I liked it on Wednesdays and don't really see the point in moving it when ABC has had no luck with the time slot in years before Revenge came along, but Once Upon a Time is a strong lead-in, and it makes sense they'd want to counter program football. Hope the show holds up.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 12:08 PM

Basically everything you said, 2MuchTV. It's about as good a timeslot as before.

Slade2

Slade2

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

I just read about the move to Sundays and I'm disappointed. I just got used to watching The Good Wife at 9 on Sundays.

Pache

Pache

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 12:13 PM

Sunday is good for me. I already watch Once Upon a Time and my only other network show is who knows when it starts Amazing Race. I watch stuff on the Food Network, but that repeats so I'm set. With 666 Park Ave at 10:00 I'll be watching ABC from 8:00-11:00. It's actually been a while since a network had 3 hours of shows in a row that I watched.

LisaJ

LisaJ

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 12:19 PM

With 666 Park Ave at 10:00 I'll be watching ABC from 8:00-11:00. It's actually been a while since a network had 3 hours of shows in a row that I watched.

Same here. Also, OUAT is a better lead-in than any comedy could offer this year on Wednesdays at 9:30 and is more compatible with Revenge (in a way, OUAT is too about revenge) than the comedies so I like this move.

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 12:42 PM

Sunday's at 9 - Dexter and Walking Dead. That's a very TOUGH timeslot...