S24: Leif

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

31 replies to this topic

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 7:00 AM

Photo and CBS Bio.

Yes, there's really a guy named Leif in a season with the theme "One World". We can only hope the obligatory mobile phone pimping takes place with an Ericsson this time.

Google and Wikipedia tell me his occupation of "phlebotomist" basically means blood collector. So that's not riding on the hunchbacks of every scripted TV series and film of the last few years at ALL. I look forward to watching him suck.

Edit: He's also a little person, but that's not nearly as much fun to mock as everything else.

Edited by SnideAsides, Jan 19, 2012 @ 7:02 AM.

nightlilies

nightlilies

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 6:20 PM

Something tells me he will only be around for a short time. Hopefully he won't be like Rick (S23) and get little air time.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

• Interests:Left wing politics, sci-fi, sports, competitive reality shows

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

Google and Wikipedia tell me his occupation of "phlebotomist" basically means blood collector.

Yeah, he's one of those people at the lab who dig around in your arm trying to find a vein. I think I'll hate him on general principle.

Yogurt Baron

Yogurt Baron

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 11:45 PM

I've heard that Leif draws blood for a living. That seems like such an easy job---all you'd need is some paper and a red crayon.

*crickets*

Special Kay

Special Kay

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:13 AM

I just want to say how surprised and pleased I am that Survivor (both players and producers/editors) is not making a big deal about Lief being a littler person. He is being treated by all as just another player, which is great, and not at all the way Survivor tends to handle such matters.

Since he hasn't gotten a lot of (any?) THs, I'm inclined to view him as a decent, lay-low kind of guy, plus he seems cool and capable. So I like him.

OTOH, said lack of THs might mean he's getting a Rick edit and/or is not long for this world.

Constantinople

Constantinople

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

I just want to say how surprised and pleased I am that Survivor (both players and producers/editors) is not making a big deal about Lief being a littler person. He is being treated by all as just another player, which is great, and not at all the way Survivor tends to handle such matters.

So far at least, Manono isn't going all "La Flor" on us saying "OMG! - we have to vote him out immediately because he'll wipe the floor with a sympathy vote at FTC!"

That being said

* Colton's been taking-up a lot of airtime

* Why wasn't Leif asked to be part of the Frat Boy alliance? According to Matt, those 4 allied because they're supposed to be the fit young men of the tribe. From what I can tell, Leif looks to be in good shape, and he's younger than any of the Frat 4 except for Jay.

Special Kay

Special Kay

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

Did I read somewhere that he's a sometime stuntman? Certainly seems to have the physical ability.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 4:46 PM

Why wasn't Leif asked to be part of the Frat Boy alliance? According to Matt, those 4 allied because they're supposed to be the fit young men of the tribe. From what I can tell, Leif looks to be in good shape, and he's younger than any of the Frat 4 except for Jay.

And in the first episode one of the guys was saying how Leif was carrying more weight than anyone else without a problem. Despite that, I imagine his height is a factor for them determining who the strong people are. I mean, if there were a super tall guy with average strength, he'd probably be considered to be one of the strong ones.

TDA Jake

TDA Jake

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

So we finally get to see and hear more from Leif tonight. And he turns out to be a terrible player of the game. Goes against his alliance and fails to cover himself, leaving him now at the bottom of the Average Joes' totem pole.

I'd say I hope that he can recover, but he agreed to going to Tribal Council, so I do not.

nanberry

nanberry

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 3:39 AM

So we finally get to see and hear more from Leif tonight. And he turns out to be a terrible player of the game. Goes against his alliance and fails to cover himself, leaving him now at the bottom of the Average Joes' totem pole.

I'd say I hope that he can recover, but he agreed to going to Tribal Council, so I do not.

It was all a trick to blindside Bill at TC. They had to get Bill to agreed to go so they made him think they were mad at Leif. Leif is not on the outs with his tribe.

doctorb

doctorb

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 10:47 AM

When the queen was laying in the chair and demanded that Leif be brought before him I couldn't believe how bad of a liar he was. Stammering around, just say, "nope, didn't tell him a thing." Instead he kisses Colton's ass. Lost me there. Maybe the whole thing before and during tribal was an act, but his piss poor performance in front of shit-bag Colton was real. And it sucked.

SimonHumboldt

SimonHumboldt

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 10:48 AM

It was all a trick to blindside Bill at TC. They had to get Bill to agreed to go so they made him think they were mad at Leif. Leif is not on the outs with his tribe.

It would have been a hell of a lot easier if they just, you know, did nothing, so that the ENEMY tribe would vote someone out, and just vote Bill out when they actually lose a challenge.

That was the most needlessly complicated strategy to execute an absolutely unnecessary and retarded plan that I have ever seen.

Jedzz

Jedzz

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 12:05 PM

I am mystified at how this dude got cast for the show. After three episodes of near-silence, Leif finally got his chance to shine, only to reveal that he apparently has the charisma of a hamdinger. Even though Colton has proved to have an entitled and absolutely disgusting attitude, at least he possesses a personality that carries across on television. I think it's telling that Leif could not muster up any sort of fight in his confrontation with Colton (compare and contrast with: Bill), and then spent the rest of the episode with his eyes directed towards the ground.

HurricaneVal

HurricaneVal

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

Did my eyes deceive me last night, but did Leif actually climb into that box and pull the lid closed? He did it so matter of factly that it was obviously not a joke, just sort of a routine kind of thing. Weird. I mean, I guess, why not? He fits and I'm sure it is a fine shelter for him. It just seems a little disconnected or something.

Yogurt Baron

Yogurt Baron

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

Leif is not on the outs with his tribe.

Even if the whole "You're a BAD Leif" thing was staged to get Bill to agree to go to tribal, well, Colton's "did you tell the guy who everyone knows we're voting for next that we're voting for him next?!?!" insanity probably wasn't staged. His bullying of Leif and telling him he's on the bottom of the alliance probably wasn't staged. Leif may not have been "on the outs" as in "below Bill", but he's probably "on the outs" as in "about to be supplanted by Mike as the fifth member of the Queen's Court".

So:

It would have been a hell of a lot easier if they just, you know, did nothing, so that the ENEMY tribe would vote someone out, and just vote Bill out when they actually lose a challenge.

That was the most needlessly complicated strategy to execute an absolutely unnecessary and retarded plan that I have ever seen.

I agree that the plan was stupid. But if I was Leif and my tribe was questioning my loyalty and then all of them but me wanted to do something, I don't know that I'd say no. Three days is a long time in Survivor. If he hadn't given Colton his way on going to tribal that night and voting out Bill, then that might have enraged Colton enough that when they did go to tribal, it would've been Leif and not Bill going home.

Either way, I think Leif goes next among the men.

MillieLee

MillieLee

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 10:33 AM

Did my eyes deceive me last night, but did Leif actually climb into that box and pull the lid closed?

That's what I was thinking! At first I thought that it was some of the taller men and I wondered that where did they get a box so big. Then I realized that it was probably Leif.

After the reward challenge, I noticed that he was the only one clapping when the women won and then he did some sort of a subtle handshake thing when the women walked past. I got very carried away with my thinking and I thought that he was doing good game-play and preparing for the merge. Now it seems that he just isn't thinking that much, strategically.

I'm a bit disappointed if he doesn't have more game-play in him. I really want him to succeed, even though I know that the air time and the edit indicates that he probably won't.

MillieLee

MillieLee

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 9:03 AM

Did anyone else notice that he got a lot of reaction shots and camera time in the latest episode? Not talking heads, but like really random close ups. Maybe I just noticed because I really like Leif, but it was a bit weird. I was so scared that they were telegraphing Leif's elimination from the game but luckily I was wrong.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:09 PM

I like him, but I'm not sure he's all there. Whenever he's in a conversation, he's generally on the receiving end. And on the rare occasion where he talks, Leif sounds a bit confused by, or disengaged from, everything. The box thing, although potentially practical, just makes me think he's a detached loner. Not that that's bad, it's just not helpful in this type of game.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:46 PM

I find Leif really boring. He doesn't really say much. When he was talking to Tarzan I wasn't exactly sure who the slow one was. He's kind of meh to me and wouldn't really care if he was voted of next.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

Leif sitting inside that little crate on the last episode (in the same scene where Colton sticks out his tongue) is one of the most weirdest combinations of demeaning, and yet unfortunately funny, things I've seen in a while.

Mabdul Doobakus

Mabdul Doobakus

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 6:24 PM

Leif sitting inside that little crate on the last episode (in the same scene where Colton sticks out his tongue) is one of the most weirdest combinations of demeaning, and yet unfortunately funny, things I've seen in a while.

That was so unexpected, I couldn't help but crack up laughing. I mean...come on, Leif, why do you have to sit in the little box? Why can't you just sit on a log or something like everyone else? I guess he's just owning the fact that he's small. He's very dull otherwise.

MillieLee

MillieLee

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 9:49 AM

Maybe he was just laying down or napping and then sat up, 'cause we've already seen that he sleeps in the box. And it could be that the box is the most comfortable place for him. But I admit that the visual was very funny and I did laugh out loud. He's really athletic and it showed in the reward challenge, he was jumping up those crates like nobody's business. I can't wait to see how he does in the individual challenges (although I'm not predicting him to be a challenge monster since there are some very athletic people still left in the game).

I disliked the way Tarzan was crouching over and talking to him like you would talk to a child or a dog and I would've probably been a bit "out" of the conversation if I was Leif. And it could be that he's a bit more careful now what he says and to whom, as he's already gotten some crap for talking to Bill. Or maybe he just isn't that good at the social aspect of the game. It will be interesting to see how he does now that the tribes are merged and Colton isn't there.

EggMan

EggMan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 11:19 AM

It's very likely that - unlike the rest of camp - the box is clean.

ObstinantGirl

ObstinantGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 7:49 AM

Not only does this guy completely lack charisma, but he also seems to be as smart as a rock. It's a little frightening to think that a guy who can't seem to string a simple sentence together without having difficulty pronouncing some fairly basic words is poking around in people's arms with needles. My son was very sick a few years ago, in the hospital for 10 days, and had to have blood drawn 3-4x daily...I actually told one phlebotomist to stop & get someone else who knew what they were doing. Poor kid, she was hurting him & completely inept at her job. Watching Leif brings back all sorts of bad memories of this! He just seems too Stoooopid to do a job like that competently! Initially, I wanted to like him & root for him - particularly when it seemed like the Self-Perceived Cool Mean Girls & Boys were lumping him into the "loser" category simply because he was a little person. But now I think it was because they knew better than we did how dull he was mentally & how bad he was at Survivor, the Outwit part of the game will be his undoing!!!

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:45 PM

Agreed completely. I like Leif, but he's clearly no good at this game. I don't see him lasting for much longer.

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 8:24 PM

Why did he show up to that challenge with with blue zombie paint all over himself? Is he so unpopular that people were just playing random jokes on him? "Oh, and the treemail also says that if you're under five feet tall you have to show up dressed like an ancient Scottish zombie.." Is Halloween celebrated in a different month over there? I kep waiting for him to say something about turtles.

kstar821

kstar821

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 8:06 AM

Eh, I really liked Leif, but I think it's because he was such a non entity. He's quiet and non-confrontational which I think makes for boring reality TV, but good people on the outside. He was never going to win based on his edit, that's for sure.

I also appreciate the fact that Survivor NEVER made a big deal about his height. Yay for people being equals.

(and is it wrong that I thought he was cute?)

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 4:17 PM

kstar, not at all. Actually, I thought he was the best-looking guy on the island. Bar none.

kstar821

kstar821

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

You got that right, FrogsRule. I don't know why everyone thinks Jay is so good looking. Meh, pretty men are not my type.

Mrs OldManBalls

Mrs OldManBalls

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 8:11 AM

He's very handsome. Seemed like a pretty nice guy too.

Edited by Mrs OldManBalls, Apr 23, 2012 @ 8:11 AM.