Amily/Faux Amanda: Za schast’-ye. To happiness!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

52 replies to this topic

atyleung

atyleung

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 3:53 AM

Props to the writers and the actress for making Amily a very multi-layered and interesting character. I found myself rooting for her several times last night.

To me, she's like the female-Nolan. She has great chemistry with everyone.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:34 AM

I love the antagonist little dynamic her and Nolan have though. Much fun to watch.

GhostJack21

GhostJack21

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

My dearest Amily has been taken care of....

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:21 PM

My dearest Amily has been taken care of....

So, does that mean she's dead?

GhostJack21

GhostJack21

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:03 AM

Only time will tell. I hope she's not. I really liked her.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 10:03 AM

I doubt she's dead. At least not for now.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 7:50 AM

In the UK, Amanda's episodes are currently airing now (Treachery aired on Monday on E4) and the announcer at the end referred to her as 'Amily'. It made me wonder if the person reads the TWOP threads.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 7:26 AM

I wonder, assuming Amily is not dead and recovers, will this new atrocity by Victoria send her screaming from the revenging or will she be hardcore about it now that Victoria has tried to kill her and her unborn child?

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 7:52 AM

I felt so sorry for Amanda. Everyone - Jack, Emily and Victoria have not treated her well. I know she's done bad things but she isn't a bad person. The only person who's been kind to her this season has been Charlotte. I hope she survives. I'd rather lose Jack than her as a character.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

What is the difference between soemone who repeatedly does bad things and a bad person? I think that sooner or later the one makes the other.

Beautiful Leah

Beautiful Leah

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 26, 2012 @ 2:25 AM

What is the difference between soemone who repeatedly does bad things and a bad person? I think that sooner or later the one makes the other.

Well, this could be said of Amily but also of Emanda, Daniel and... well, pretty much everyone in the cast

I felt so sorry for Amanda. Everyone - Jack, Emily and Victoria have not treated her well [...] The only person who's been kind to her this season has been Charlotte. I hope she survives. I'd rather lose Jack than her as a character.

I agree. She is definitely flawed and has done bad things, but she is one of the most dynamic and interesting characters in the show for me (I also really like the actress), and it makes me sad how badly she is treated by everyone but Charlotte.

Bkwrm

Bkwrm

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 12, 2012 @ 8:58 PM

Dear LORD, that woman has gone off the deep end!

"I want to have our wedding on the boat you named after me?" Has she actually forgotten that she's not actually Amanda Clark?

Beautiful Leah

Beautiful Leah

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:27 AM

I think she's painfully aware of the truth (as her devastated face when Jack brings up childhood memories shows).

But she loves him and she wants him to be happy and not to worry about spending money he does not have in putting together her "dream" wedding, so she made her case using arguments that she figured would be appealing to Jack and the real Amanda.

MysticalTime

MysticalTime

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 18, 2013 @ 3:31 AM

I agree. She is definitely flawed and has done bad things, but she is one of the most dynamic and interesting characters in the show for me (I also really like the actress), and it makes me sad how badly she is treated by everyone but Charlotte.

This. She keeps me on my toes for how how passionate and impetuous she is, and I love it. She's not evil despite her skewed morality, just a very screwed up girl with savage survival tactics. It's obvious she genuinely loves Emily and now Jack and her bb, but I agree, there is a shortage of what she gets back. Jack will never love her like he loves Emily and it's heartbreaking, like one of the saddest things about the show.

I do see signs of Emily loving her back though. It's not as obvious and Ems does put on a show, but I do think their affection runs both ways in the seasons we've had this season. I enjoy watching Emily and Amanda play the part of each others conscious and, as twisted and messed up as their relationship is, they're a team. And it's for the better that they are.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:00 AM

I'm a little pissed off they killed Amily, but then again, I never got the feeling that Amily was set for a good life. That was about the best her life was ever going to get, and I'm glad she went out the way she did, with her sister holding her and knowing that her baby was going to be taken care of.

atyleung

atyleung

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 19, 2013 @ 3:13 AM

I'm going to miss Amily. I've always liked her. It was pretty obvious a few episodes back that she was going to die, but as others have mentioned, I kept hoping there would be some twist and that she would be spared.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2013 @ 8:48 AM

Me too. One of the best characters on the show but I guess it made sense to kill her off.

Still a shame though when less interesting characters are still on the show.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 9:11 AM

RIP Amily/Fauxmanda. I never liked you, but damn if I didn't feel sorry for you.

Bkwrm

Bkwrm

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 9:16 PM

RIP Amily/Fauxmanda. I never liked you, but damn if I didn't feel sorry for you.

I... don't. I mean, talk about TSTL. She forced her way into a war, painted a target on her back, and ended up putting herself and her "husband" in danger. She practically BEGGED Conrad to kill her.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 12:30 AM

One comfort is that at least Amily died before Jack found out the truth so she'd never have to deal with that his reaction to her betrayal and lies.

Glade

Glade

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 7:27 PM

I don't feel sorry for her; Emanda was willing to put her up in Paris with a monthly income if she would just stay away. And I will never forgive her for stealing Emanda/Jack's happy ending last season.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 12:11 AM

And I will never forgive her for stealing Emanda/Jack's happy ending last season.

It wouldn't have been a happy ending. Emanda never would have let herself be with Jack while she had revenging to do and they had planned to be together before the plane blew up.

ReiMehari

ReiMehari

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2013 @ 12:47 PM

I don't know if I hated her or felt sorry for her, but I did enjoy her character,