Mod Q&A: You're Either With Me Or Against Me

• Please log in to reply

51 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 1:14 AM

Here's where you can ask me questions about the shiny, new forum. Enjoy!

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 6:44 AM

1st- YAY- full forum. Thanks for that!

2nd- Will the old forum remain open for discussion? I am trying to figure out if I should keep the subscription I have to it open or remove it.

Selianth

Selianth

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 5:16 PM

Yeah, there's still a bunch of new posts in the original single thread discussing last night's episode. I assume Mars will lock it sooner rather than later as usually happens when a show graduates to full-forum.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 5:51 AM

Can Q&A be on the top of the page? I mean, lock it on top of the page?

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 21, 2012 @ 1:59 AM

Sorry, guys. I didn't realize it wasn't locked. I'll do that now. And, yes, I also meant to pin this. I'm going to blame the cold I've been suffering from for my scatter-brain.

Humbugged

Humbugged

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2012 @ 7:37 AM

I've got episode stills to post ,where should they go ??

We kinda need our own Infinity Box for the promos,stills and sneaks

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

We kinda need our own Infinity Box for the promos,stills and sneaks

Humbugged, wouldn't these type of things go into the Society Pages: Revenge in the Media section?

Edited by callietwo, Jan 21, 2012 @ 11:50 AM.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 3:49 AM

They can go there, or you can break it down to even finer detail and start a Promos/Previews thread.

insanityproject

insanityproject

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 9:48 PM

Can I start a thread about Money (and Class) in Revenge? Besides revenge itself, money and its effect on the characters seems like the biggest theme that carries over from show to show. If yes, I might title it "The Rich as different than you and me" unless you had something else in mind.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 23, 2012 @ 7:23 PM

This is fine, but please put

Topic: Clever Subtopic

rather than the other way around.

And I'm fine with whatever you want to name it.

gik910

gik910

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:48 PM

TWoP Mars, would you be so kind as to fix the title for the 1-14 "Perception" episode thread. In my haste to get it started I didn't put the air date up with it & I know I get confused sometimes when things don't look the same & I don't think I can edit it. Thank you kindly!

Meeta

Meeta

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

TWoP Mars, someone was suggesting in the 1-14 thread that given all the speculation around who the dead body is and who the shooter is in next week's episode (and the pilot), it would be fun to have a poll. I remember TWoP has a poll feature, but I think only mods can create polls, right? Could you create one for us? Pretty please with a cherry on top? :)

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 12:37 AM

I fixed the episode title, but please don't be in a hurry to open a thread 20 minutes before the episode is over (it's not supposed to be up at all until the episode ends).

I saw that, Meeta, but it certainly doesn't belong in that thread (and neither does the discussion of it). I can put a poll in the speculation thread, though.

Or I can put it in its own thread. Can you tell me what the poll answer options should be? I get the "who's dead" part, but who all should be a suspect as shooter?

Meeta

Meeta

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 8:05 AM

I know, no spec about future episodes in the episode threads. I can see the poll working as its own thread. I think the tricky thing about putting it into one of the spec threads is that some people are basing their guesses on spoilers and others aren't, so it would be a toss-up as to which thread to put it in ("speculation without spoilers" or "spoilers with speculation". It might also work on its own since the thread name could be specific to the poll questions and draw people into that discussion even if they dont normally look at speculation threads.

Dead options should be Daniel, Tyler, or other. Shooter options should be Emanda, Amily, Jack, Tyler, Daniel, Conrad, Lydia, or other.

Edited by Meeta, Feb 10, 2012 @ 9:48 AM.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

It might also work on its own since the thread name could be specific to the poll questions and draw people into that discussion even if they dont normally look at speculation threads.

For the record, I'd probably play in a poll specific thread about the shooting, but I don't really read or participate in speculation threads as they often seem to end up with people who've read spoilers 'speculating' (or so it seems to me) so if we're taking votes, I'd vote for it's own thread. Thanks for the consideration, either way.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 11, 2012 @ 2:58 AM

If you see anyone posting spoilers in the speculation only thread, please report that. People should NOT be posting in both threads, in fact. If you read and post in one, you cannot read and post in the other.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2012 @ 9:15 AM

f you see anyone posting spoilers in the speculation only thread, please report that. People should NOT be posting in both threads, in fact. If you read and post in one, you cannot read and post in the other.

Well, that was some time ago, and not in this particular forum but now I mostly just steer clear of them all together to be on the safe side. In the past, I've seen that happen in the Survivor & TAR threads particularly.

Thanks though.

Meeta

Meeta

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 11, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

Woohoo, thanks for the poll! Just a heads up, there seems to be something odd going on (it says Votes: 0 underneath but if you look at the results, people have definitely voted).

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 7:28 PM

Does it not show up for you after you vote? If not, I think there should be a button that says "Show results."

Meeta

Meeta

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 9:19 AM

Oh, sorry, I'm not saying I cant see the results. What I'm referring to is the line right under the results which says "Total Votes: 0." The same thing appears under the options if you haven't voted yet. Let me know if you want a screenshot.

teachmusik

teachmusik

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 9:27 AM

why is the Chaos discussion showing up as locked?

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

Meeta, I'm pretty sure that's what shows up under every poll I've ever looked at on here. Don't ask me why though.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

When I clicked the "show results" button, it showed all the votes. It works.

Edited by Bella, Feb 17, 2012 @ 2:30 PM.

Cardie

Cardie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 3:01 PM

I have no idea why the episode thread is locked.

Edited by Cardie, Feb 17, 2012 @ 3:03 PM.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

It says "0" for everyone until you hit "Show results," as I said before. I don't need a screen grab. Just tell me if hitting "Show results" doesn't work for you, and we can troubleshoot.

The episode thread is locked because no one in there was talking about the episode anymore, which led me to believe conversation about the episode was over. Everything being discussed there belonged elsewhere, and all of those threads are still open.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Feb 17, 2012 @ 10:14 PM.

LeGrandElephant

LeGrandElephant

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

I would still have liked to be able to discuss the episode over the past few days. I just watched it two days ago, I've been reading through the thread and would have liked to make comments on it throughout. Of course now I've forgotten a lot of my comments since the thread wasn't available as I was reading it... I sort of thought that when I got to the end there'd a reason why it was closed, but then there wasn't. Having only one episode thread closed with no notification in it is confusing - and months from now people reading through won't know where to look in this thread for the answer to that question. If you want to keep it closed, that's your call, but in the days of Tivo and online viewing I'd be surprised if there aren't also other people who'd like to be able to join in late as they catch up in watching. Is there a reason to lock the whole thread, rather than posting a warning to keep on topic or move to other threads?

Edit: Huh, apparently in the time it took me to type that, the thread got reopened. If you want to delete this post, feel free. But I'm leaving it for the moment because I think its worth knowing in the long run that there are people who wanted to discuss the episode who didn't know where to say anything about it over the past couple days while the thread was locked.

Edited by LeGrandElephant, Feb 18, 2012 @ 11:07 AM.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:26 PM

I know people want to discuss the episode. But many other people were NOT discussing it. As the moderator, if I have time to deal with a big problem in the moment, I'll do so. But if I have other things going on when I spot the problem (this isn't my full-time job), and it's an ongoing issue, I will sometimes lock the thread until I can get to it. I realize that's inconvenient for some of you, but not nearly as inconvenient as it would be for me to leave it open and let the problems continue.

The key is: If people follow the rules, there's no reason to lock a thread at all. So, everyone should take time to learn and love the FAQ.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:26 PM.

SzmuttyPratfall

SzmuttyPratfall

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:19 PM

Will we be getting pre-posted locked episode threads? Its kind of awkward waiting to see when someone else will put it up, and then you get 3 or 4 at once.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 7:26 PM

Will we be getting pre-posted locked episode threads? Its kind of awkward waiting to see when someone else will put it up, and then you get 3 or 4 at once.

I noticed it didn't have a thread about midway through the show and was wondering if creating one just as the typical thread is started with the show title and then only the description (with no commentary) would get me reported/in trouble for 'posting during the show'. If there is no locked epi created, is that an acceptable thing to do or no?

Edited by callietwo, Mar 1, 2012 @ 7:27 PM.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 11:57 PM

callietwo: I wouldn't give you a warning for that, but I'd ask you not to do it because it encourages other people to post during the episode.

I'll try to be better about opening episode threads. I usually leave it to the posters because some people like to do it, but maybe this forum needs more structure than that.