Tyler Barrol: I Ain't Sayin' He a Golddigger

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

22 replies to this topic

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

Is he bi? Does it matter?

Thailog

Thailog

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

His name is actually Tyler Barrol.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

That's what I get for being lazy! Will ask the mods to fix.

RachelKM

RachelKM

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:29 PM

Kinsey 3(?), Crazy 10.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:41 PM

Crazy psycho bisexual con man who should make his reappearance at the engagement party.

Magsi2

Magsi2

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 12:11 AM

Let's hope that re-appearance is on the beach......being shot! :) ...sorry, I like Daniel better!

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

• Interests:I'm an easy going person and likes to hang out. I like to observe and learn things, and my passions are movies, TV and travelling. I could say that I believe in the soul, high fiber, good Martini, that the books of Chicken Soup of the Soul are self-indulgent crap. I believe in sweet spot, soft-core romantic drama, good food, and I believe in long-slow-deep-soft-wet kisses that last more than three days. I have a computer, a TV, a DVD player, a bathroom & pizza delivery. Why should I leave the house? Of course, unless you have a damn good reason to drag me out; like hell with fluorescent lighting. In other word: Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and have the time of your life.

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 6:04 AM

I love Tyler. But I agree that he would probably be dead and he's gonna be the dead body on the beach.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

Let's hope that re-appearance is on the beach......being shot! :) ...sorry, I like Daniel better!

All I can think of is Die, Tyler, Die! So, yes, if he's going to reappear, I do hope it's just be the body on the beach, please!

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

I don't see Tyler being the dead body. That would be a let down and then what. Would Tyler's death kick the story into another gear? I don't think so.

I like him so hope he returns to exact some measure of revenge or try to. I found him entertaining.

FurryFury

FurryFury

Fanatic

• Interests:TV shows (obviously) - anything by Joss Whedon, Veronica Mars, Russel T. Davies-era Doctor Who are favorites, but I watch a lot, mostly speculative fiction.
    Also a fan of anime, video games (esp. western RPGs), reading (a big fantasy geek).

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 1:31 AM

I was tired of this character and think that the show is much better off without him.
Still prefer the body being Daniel to him, though. Daniel's death will up the stakes and bring some real consequences to Emily's actions, while nobody will really care about Tyler's.

Magsi2

Magsi2

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

Agree that nobody will really care about Tyler's death except maybe Ashley, but they could all care about who is blamed for it and who actually may have done it and the reasons. If it is Tyler, but it was intended to be Daniel that could open a whole new can of worms. If Daniel is the one who shot him....not so much.

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted Feb 2, 2012 @ 11:35 AM

It sounds like Ashley's mostly over Tyler, if she's able to snark about him ("All I have to show for a summer working for the Graysons is a psychotic, gun-wielding ex-boyfriend who made out with you.") to Nolan. (The only thing that amused me more in that scene than Ashley's ruefully bitchy line was the hilarious "Dude! Burn." reaction shot from Jack.)

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

Bye-bye Tyler. Contrary to what some people might say, I'll actually miss you. You, your crazy antics and just fun loving villain psycho-ness.

It was nice to see Ashley burrow herself in Nolan's shoulder once they all found out it was Tyler. But damn, who the hell shot him?

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 12:21 AM

I am glad the character is gone, felt like he had to be the body on the beach when it was confirmed he had the Infinity Box - if the secrets don't die with him - pretty short lived series.

That said the actor did a fine job of creeping me out, as villainous turns go, Ashton - nicely done. I suspect, there may be an occasion for an informative flashback, or, someday perhaps soon - we may find out what happened on the beach.

I remain disappointed that they had to further stigmatize mental illness through this character. It would have been sufficient to have him be demonstrably borderline sociopathic, the Talented Mr. Hamptons and all.

I do hope there is some sort of revelation as to how the hell he got out of a mental institution was missing for several days and nobody was alerted. It was suggested on the episode thread that his family some how arranged to get him out, but given his violent history, the therapist , how crafty he was at hiding for a long time in plain sight, the attack on Nolan, the hostage situation at the dinner party, his having been successfully framed for murder - I am not sure his family wanted him anywhere else but institutionalized and assured that he was sufficiently medicated.

It occurs to me now, that I am surprised Tyler didn't taunt Daniel with his parents setting up David Clarke and stuck to Emanda/Amily.

Edited by name234, Feb 17, 2012 @ 12:27 AM.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 12:32 AM

Sorry he's gone. Loved him. And I wanted him to be one of those characters that could return from time to time and wreak havoc all over the place.

notwisconsin

notwisconsin

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 4:08 PM

Fun fact: Tomorrow is Ashton Holmes' 38th Birthday. He plays a 21 year old.

Baskingsharkgtx

Baskingsharkgtx

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 6:23 PM

According to imdb, he was born in 1978, so he's actually turning 34, but it's still pretty impressive! Happy birthday Ashton, sorry you won't be getting any more work out of Revenge (unless there's flashbacks)

insanityproject

insanityproject

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 1:09 AM

AH is 34?! Wow, he looks at least a decade younger, which is especially impressive for a fair-skinned redhead.

Tyler was a great villain so he will be missed. After reading the pilot, which included Tyler (though the actual series didn't feature him until ep 3), I strongly suspected he was always intended to be the dead body.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

• Interests:I'm an easy going person and likes to hang out. I like to observe and learn things, and my passions are movies, TV and travelling. I could say that I believe in the soul, high fiber, good Martini, that the books of Chicken Soup of the Soul are self-indulgent crap. I believe in sweet spot, soft-core romantic drama, good food, and I believe in long-slow-deep-soft-wet kisses that last more than three days. I have a computer, a TV, a DVD player, a bathroom & pizza delivery. Why should I leave the house? Of course, unless you have a damn good reason to drag me out; like hell with fluorescent lighting. In other word: Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and have the time of your life.

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

I really liked him, sooo gonna miss him. He was so fun.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 10:01 AM

In terms of Tyler's sexuality, I thought he was more gay for pay but predominantly straight. Or in denial about his sexuality.

I wasn't keen on him at first but as a villain, he was actually a lot of fun.

quangtran

quangtran

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 3:59 AM

Even though Ashton doesn't see Tyler as a gay guy per se, I disagree. Sure, I could buy into the idea of a unscrupulous straight dude choosing to be serial toy-boy for rich gay men, but Tyler was obviously in love/lust with Daniel.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 4:29 PM

AH is 34?! Wow, he looks at least a decade younger, which is especially impressive for a fair-skinned redhead.

Redheads seem to age really, really well(like Julianne Moore), or they age really, really bad(like Lindsey Lohan.)

Tweeky

Tweeky

Video Archivist

• Interests:Sci-Fi TV shows and films, Sci-Fi books such as Star Trek and Star Wars, reading Sci-Fi fanfic and BtVS fanfic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 11:59 PM

I think Tyler, like Nolan, was a three on the Kinsey scale and he basically swung both ways (he just didn't want to admit he was bisexual). Anyway I have to say with his death all I think is good riddance. Even when taking his meds he came across as a seriously creepy freeloading bottom feeder with Daniel having a friend like him who needs enemies.