Daniel Grayson: Former Party Boy

• Please log in to reply

67 replies to this topic

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

Son of the Graysons, sister to Charlotte. He's cute but will he ever catch on to Emily?

teachmusik

teachmusik

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 1:58 PM

I keep forgetting that Josh Bowman is British until I hear him in an interview. I think he does a very good job of hiding his accent on the show.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 2:07 PM

I would have titled this thread Daniel Grayson: Dead Man Walking. But seeing as how we're not sure yet...I kind of don't want him to die. I mean, he has his flaws, naivetee being chief among them, but so far, nothing to really hate about the guy. His feelings for Emanda are sincere; the proposal last night was so sweet.

Plus, on a much more shallow note, Josh Bowman is a fine piece of work. Can't believe he dated Amy Winehouse and Miley Cyrus though, or so my friend read on Google.

Selianth

Selianth

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 5:04 PM

I keep forgetting that Josh Bowman is British until I hear him in an interview.

He is? Wow. Props to him, because I had no idea.

teachmusik

teachmusik

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 10:40 PM

Yep! Veddy veddy British. The video is a few weeks old, the spoilers it refers to are for Episode 12 and 13 (which have already aired by now).

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UeuV6OeIihc

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

Although I don't mind the backbone, why has Daniel jumped so whole heartedly on his mother's side in the divorce. Why is he working so hard against his father as though he hates him. I don't get it? Anyone have any insight?

Edited by angelita100, Jan 19, 2012 @ 11:17 PM.

FurryFury

FurryFury

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 1:32 AM

sister to Charlotte

Hee!

Why is he working so hard against his father as though he hates him. I don't get it? Anyone have any insight?

He's just a momma's boy. Victoria always fusses about him, so I guess he's just got used to her always being on his side. Not to mention the fallout from Conrad hiring Tyler and trying to play him against Daniel.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 2:24 AM

He is? Wow. Props to him, because I had no idea.

It really is incredible. Josh Bowman nails the American frat boy party boy look and vibe. His background can't really be any further from that. As for his looks, Bowman really contradicts the "pasty English boy" stereotype.

I love that Daniel jumping to the conclusion that Victoria got raped served as the catalyst to continue the revenge.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 12:59 AM

Joshua is a former professional rugby player, before he got into acting.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

I saw an interview with Josh Bowman, and damn, he's even hotter with the accent.

MysticalTime

MysticalTime

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 12:20 AM

I've been cautious of liking Daniel too much in case he turns out to be the body on the beach, but I really do hope he isn't. I think the character has a lot of potential. On one hand because of Emanda's angle and on the other because he's the perfect pawn (or even player should he rise to the occasion) between the Conrad and QV in ways Charlotte can't ever be, especially now that she isn't even Conrad's child.

Also kudos to Josh for pulling off the role as well as he does.

quangtran

quangtran

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 7:09 AM

I guess I'm one of the few viewers who both likes Daniel and hopes he's the dead body on the beach. If the writers always intended for Daniel to be the victim and had long term plans for the aftermath of his shooting, then I'd rather they stick to their story rather than switch mid-stream just because viewers became attached to him. Ideally, I'd prefer a sad and meaningful/story-driven death like Thom's in the first season of Nikita (who was incidentally played by Ashton Holmes aka Tyler Barroll).

insanityproject

insanityproject

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 1:09 AM

If Daniel is the body on the beach, then maybe JB can come back as Clive, Daniel's identical cousin from England!

I am also starting to think Daniel might be the killer and not the victim. If he ended up going to jail, that would be an interesting parallel with David.

Edited by insanityproject, Jan 27, 2012 @ 1:11 AM.

dorakpasa

dorakpasa

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 1:27 AM

Even though the body on the beach appeared really most sincerely dead, it could be Daniel who survived the shooting and becomes an evil reincarnation; moreso than his parents and as manipulative as Emanda as they end up epically playing each other. Or, the evil identical cousin. Or, he's dead. Or, the killer.

MysticalTime

MysticalTime

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

If Daniel doesn't end up being the body he'll surely be a suspect. I think the prospect of his legal troubles is more intriguing than his being dead or injured.

Edited by MysticalTime, Jan 27, 2012 @ 1:39 PM.

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted Feb 2, 2012 @ 11:08 AM

If Daniel is the body on the beach, then maybe JB can come back as Clive, Daniel's identical cousin from England!

Hee! But, no - if anything, the identical cousin has to be Richard Grayson - Batmanda needs a partner...

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 4:30 PM

I thought the flashback of Daniel's party days in Harvard were interesting. Definitely showed a different side that I imagine Emanda wasn't too impressed with. He sure knew his literature for a drunk guy, though.

But I do like that he's beginning to see his parents for who they really are, especially Victoria.

housekeeper

housekeeper

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 6:52 PM

I still find Daniel to be the most boring character on Revenge and if TPTB cop out and keep him alive I'll be very disappointed .
Daniel is too easily manipulated and I could care less about him at all !!
I see no chemistry between him and Emanda at all - sorry : (

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 9:11 AM

Will he ever catch on to Emily?

He probably has now, depending on how much Tyler let slip. I'm starting to see similarities between him and poor, innocent trusting David Clarke.

Edited by Spartan Girl, Feb 16, 2012 @ 9:11 AM.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 5:24 PM

I see no chemistry between him and Emanda at all - sorry : (

But that's the point, I think. We don't get the feelings from Emanda that we should, if she were truly in love with him. Or she might actually be in love with him, but is holding herself back to keep her eye on the bigger picture.

Midru

Midru

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 9:33 AM

I like this character. He and Charlotte are truly not like their parents, and don't deserve any revenge. Daniel is really more noble than 99% of the people who are born into his position.

Funny that he, Declan, and Jack seem to exist mostly as pawns to be moved around by the women in their lives. They are all to good/naive/stupid to realize it, too.

Anybody think that when the pilot first aired, they intended the body to be Daniel, but with the success of the series they decided to keep him around? It certainly gives many new possibilities of stretching the show's run.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

If the show intended Daniel to die from the beginning, they would have showed his face.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 3:22 PM

If the show intended Daniel to die from the beginning, they would have showed his face.

If they did, I think they still would have kept the identity hidden, to have a mystery for the audience to solve.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

I'm a little shocked at how many people seemed to turn on Daniel due to last night's confrontation with Emanda. Yes, it wasn't cool that he got drunk and shoved her like that -- I'd argue that at least he didn't hit her or anything, but others might say shoving is how it starts -- but I understand why he's falling apart the way he is. He shot his best friend, who in reality turned out to be a violent sociopath, he's been beaten up in prison, he's on edge, he's starting to see that the woman he loves is keeping secrets. He's been used as a pawn by almost everyone on the show: Tyler, Emanda, the Graysons, and he's only now starting to see it. His meltdown isn't that much different than Charlotte's.

Yes, we see now that Emanda does care about him enough to make sure he doesn't take the fall for Tyler's murder. She could have easily burned the bloody hoodie and let Daniel go to prison to save Jack, but she chose to save both of them. However, let's not forget that she has been leading on Daniel this whole time. And for all his faults, his only crime is being born into the wrong family.

So even though I'm kind of scared by his dark side, I still sympathize with him. It will destroy him if/when he finds out who Emanda really is, and the fact that his parents are sociopaths. Although actually I think it would be better if Emanda told him and Charlotte the truth. With all the evidence she has on Victoria having him beat up in prison and threatening that juror through her son, she might be able to get them as allies.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 3:41 PM

Any sympathy I felt for Daniel evaporated with the shove. *ugh*

Last episode made it 2 death fakeouts. Third time is a charm.

housekeeper

housekeeper

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 5:08 PM

I'm a little shocked at how many people seemed to turn on Daniel due to last night's confrontation with Emanda. Yes, it wasn't cool that he got drunk and shoved her like that -- I'd argue that at least he didn't hit her or anything, but others might say shoving is how it starts -- but I understand why he's falling apart the way he is. He shot his best friend, who in reality turned out to be a violent sociopath, he's been beaten up in prison, he's on edge, he's starting to see that the woman he loves is keeping secrets. He's been used as a pawn by almost everyone on the show: Tyler, Emanda, the Graysons, and he's only now starting to see it. His meltdown isn't that much different than Charlotte's.

My not liking Daniel has nothing whatsoever to do with what happened last night I just have never liked Daniel's character since the start of the series and I just don't see any chemistry between him and Emanda at all !
I find him boring and was very disappointed he wasn't killed off as I was looking forward seeing his demise just to get rid of him so ...

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 6:26 PM

However, let's not forget that she has been leading on Daniel this whole time.

I'm pretty indifferent to Daniel, but I did not like him shoving her. And I think the fact that she has been leading him on is beside the point. He doesn't know that. He wasn't upset that she's using him revenge on his parents, he was upset because he suspected her of cheating on him. One could say that's splitting hairs; either way, she's not 100% invested in their relationship. But to me, just because a person is doing Bad Thing A doesn't excuse someone for responding that way about a Bad Thing B that isn't even true.

Edited by janie jones, May 1, 2012 @ 6:27 PM.

RachelKM

RachelKM

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 7:43 PM

I didn't like it, but I'm inclined to agree with your post. If it's a one off and not shown to be leading to more violent behavior then I don't see it as worthy of judging him as a whole. It was totally uncool, but it wasn't extreme. Conversely his situation was highly extreme.

Long story short, I'm reserving judgment to see how this plays out.

katsullivan

katsullivan

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:48 AM

Gosh, Daniel is such a snake. I'm sure Emily is kicking herself now for not letting his butt fry in jail.

None of this surprises me though. Daniel has always been weak. That has been the single most consistent aspect of his character.

mystique101

mystique101

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:31 AM

Just wanted to say that I'm okay with the Daniel 180 for now. Because there has to be more going on, if all he's going to be another version of his father with a suspicious relationship with his wife,(emily) like Victoria, then pass. I don't see him just turning on his entire family without maybe finding out more, he has Charlotte to think about as well. Who knows what Conrad told him? Perhaps Daniel is going to do more digging of his own then blow the whistle. I like this because he just got more interesting to me, I love the character.

Who knows maybe there's going to be a war of the roses type thing with Emily. And I still dont believe she's going to chalk him in with his family just like that, that's going to be the story. Both of them torn, perhaps...