Questions and Nitpicks: An Immortal Dog?

• Please log in to reply

71 replies to this topic

Glade

Glade

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 19, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

I also wish Victoria had been left dead, she's lost all of her glamor so what is the point now? And you know, the flash-forward in S1 was so well constructed and shocking, it made you want more. Since no one really dies in this show, however, I find it difficult to care about seeing some boat apparently named Amanda at the bottom of the ocean with a random dead guy on it. The actual plot is over, so why they are still making episodes of this crap? The new Tekeda is so campy and ridiculous that I can't take him seriously.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

Moved from "2-3 Confidence"

Was that revealed this season? I've been having trouble following this season, so it sounds like I may have missed some important plot points! I don't remember seeing that last year. At the party when David and Victoria met, it seemed like it was all Victoria's doing...while Conrad was doing Lydia upstairs. ;-)

Conrad being all in favor of Victoria seducing David to make him take the fall for everything Conrad actually did? That was revealed before Frank was killed by Amily, or within week or two of the episode where Frank is dispatched, last season. I have not a scrap of pity for Conrad regarding Charlotte being David's because really it pales in comparison to what Conrad methodically did to David, Emily and Kara. I think we can agree, given the number of take down's she's had to plan, Ems is pissed for a reason ; ).

The Victoria/David's introduction and immediate flirtation at the New Year's Eve party was background info regarding their affair for which we had no prior reference, except that it had happened with Conrad's being in favor of it. David has no idea he is flirting with the woman who will destroy his life and think nothing of setting up his daughter for institutionalization to cover up her crime. Hell, at the point where they meet, Victoria, doesn't appear to know that this is how its going to go down - in as much as we know.

As the series was originally designed to be completed with the Tyler dead on the beach reveal, in case it wasn't renewed for the rest of the season, I am not really at all annoyed about plot continuity, and I don't know that David and Victoria eyeing each other is that off in terms of narrative. I think its entirely plausible for Conrad to have noticed David and Victoria eyeing each other and thinking, "not only shouldn't my employee being looking at my wife like that, I think I can use this to shove my support of terrorism away from me and make a lot more money doing it. "

Who knows , a future scene may show Conrad in cahoots with WHM and David's supposed best friend, hand picking David as someone he can manipulate before he hires him, using Victoria and David's mutual attraction turns out to be away to further this plans.

ETA -JenE4 - You are welcome - and I apologize for not being terribly precise about which episode we observe Conrad mocking Victoria for developing feelings for David, Victoria says something about coming clean about the plot.... Conrad gets bitchy and points out she'd guarantee herself a long prison term if she opens her mouth. I am pretty certain Frank is in the room for the conversation.

Edited by name234, Oct 21, 2012 @ 5:09 PM.

JenE4

JenE4

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

Thanks, Name234! I didn't remember that.

scarygreengiant

scarygreengiant

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 1:09 AM

I'd really like a 28 yr old spritely dog who's just coming into their prime...like Sammy the immortal!

Lol. He was old but not THAT old. At most he was about one year older than Charlotte, who is around 17 so Sammie couldn't have been older than 18. My mother's close friend had a dog who lived to be 20.

I thought Dr. Banks' uniform was weird. It looked like a nurse's uniform from a 1950's era movie.

Edited by scarygreengiant, Oct 21, 2012 @ 11:59 PM.

Rora

Rora

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

This is a couple of episodes back.

How come the new "CFO" Padma(don't get me started on that) of a company that is owned 49% by Emanda does not know Emanda? When she was introduced to her, she was surprised and Nolan had to introduce them. Even when she is known as "Emily" (on paper anyway)?

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted May 5, 2013 @ 8:34 PM

Wait, how is Connor still in high school? I know this is supposed to still be around fall 2012, but he said he was turning 18 during the first season. Charlotte already seems to be done with school.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2013 @ 11:43 AM

My nitpick from the flashback to young Victoria and baby Patrick -

She gets the scholarship and the plane ticket to Paris - and says "there's only one ticket".  She would need to bring Patrick with her.  In 1973, there were no rules about car seats on planes, and babies flew sitting on a parent's lap - without a ticket. 

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2013 @ 4:01 PM

My nitpick from the flashback to young Victoria and baby Patrick -

She gets the scholarship and the plane ticket to Paris - and says "there's only one ticket".  She would need to bring Patrick with her.  In 1973, there were no rules about car seats on planes, and babies flew sitting on a parent's lap - without a ticket. 

Would a 16 y/o necessarily know that, though?  And she seemed to think she was going to be able to bring Patrick with her, though she was trying to pass him off as her charge not her child, so they were trying to show how naive she was at 16, is my guess.

DrLar

DrLar

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 4:02 PM

Just a quick question and maybe I thought some badly spelling in the whole forum, but you call Amanda "Emanda" and Emily "Amily" on purpose, right?  (sometimes I didn't know who of the two you were referring to in some posts)

Just to be clear: Amily = Main Character, Emanda = Her Juvi friend ?

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 5:37 PM

The opposite:

Emanda= the real Amanda Clarke using the alias of Emily

Amily is the real Emily Thorne, who was using the fake name Amanda, till her death on her honeymoon with Jack Porter.

Edited by callietwo, Jun 28, 2013 @ 5:38 PM.

JenE4

JenE4

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 12:12 PM

In episode 3-5, Jack had no idea who Aidan was. Jack has NEVER seen Aiden? Is that so? Now I can't actually recall any previous scenes between them, but it just seemed implausible to me when everyone else knows Aiden as the guy Emily briefly dated when she and Daniel were off.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2013 @ 10:50 AM

In episode 3-5, Jack had no idea who Aidan was. Jack has NEVER seen Aiden? Is that so? Now I can't actually recall any previous scenes between them, but it just seemed implausible to me when everyone else knows Aiden as the guy Emily briefly dated when she and Daniel were off.

Meh he might have seen Aiden around but just didn't realize that was Ems lover.  They tried so hard to keep their relationship a secret so yeah maybe he didn't know. 

And speaking of Jack--why isn't he upset about the whole woman I was married to isn't who she actually was thing?  I would be hellapissed if I thought I was marrying one person and found out that it was someone totally different!