Questions and Nitpicks: An Immortal Dog?

• Please log in to reply

71 replies to this topic

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

Seriously, Sammy is old.

Crim

Crim

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 8:08 AM

Amily looks nothing like the adult Amanda, so she most probably doesn't look like a Clark at all, yet no one (not Jack, childhood memories aren't that reliable) mentions this, even in passing.

WearyTraveler

WearyTraveler

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 10:24 AM

Seriously, Sammy is old.

I rescued my dog from the streets when he was only two months old, he was a golden retriever mix and he passed last year from lymphoma, but he had been with me for 16 years.

So, I guess I don't find it odd that Sam is still around.

Edited by WearyTraveler, Jan 19, 2012 @ 10:51 AM.

Titus

Titus

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 10:47 AM

Although the use of green screen is fairly well done for a TV show, I wish this show would actually film in The Hamptons, or at least an actual on-location shoot that resembles it. I guess the actors didn't want to transplant themselves from L.A.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 5:09 PM

Does anybody know what house is used in the scenes of the Grayson house?

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jan 21, 2012 @ 7:54 AM

According to this website (which was posted by someone else in the original Revenge thread), the house used in the pilot is located in North Carolina but since then, they have been filming on a set in Los Angeles. This page from the same website has more info about the exteriors of Grayson manor, which are based on a real house in the Hamptons but have been photoshopped for the purposes of Revenge.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Jan 21, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

Gee, I'm disappointed it's not a real house. :)

dorakpasa

dorakpasa

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 1:44 AM

How could Conrad not have suspected Charlotte was not his daughter? Could Victoria have paid for a false paternity test?

ayla123

ayla123

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2012 @ 7:58 AM

Gee, I'm disappointed it's not a real house. :)

It sort of IS a real house, kinda. The address of the house used for the exteriors is 257 Further Lane, East Hampton, 11937 NY. They just stretched it, moved the pool, added a few other extras with Photoshop, and then put it right on the ocean as beach front property.

You can see what they started from here with the zoom/birdseye map controls: http://binged.it/xbidRn

Edited by ayla123, Jan 24, 2012 @ 7:59 AM.

Glory

Glory

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2012 @ 8:46 AM

Very cool, ayla. Thanks for that!

Hanahope

Hanahope

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2012 @ 9:53 AM

How could Conrad not have suspected Charlotte was not his daughter?

I guess it depends on how much he found out about QV's affair. Clearly, though, if he learned they had sex, he should have suspected the possibility Charlotte wasn't his, given the timing, and had the paternity test done long before.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 6:47 PM

Nolan's dolphin-spycam is a video camera with a wireless transmitter and a memory store. I can somehow swallow its giga-sized memory capacity but I find its unlimited battery life fantastically improbable!

sweetpd7

sweetpd7

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

Nolan's dolphin-spycam is a video camera with a wireless transmitter and a memory store. I can somehow swallow its giga-sized memory capacity but I find its unlimited battery life fantastically improbable!

Here I've been calling it Shamu and thinking it had mystical properties. I bet Nolan charges it on the sly. Just kidding. I don't know my gadgets at all, so I'd never really though about its battery shelf life.

Edited by sweetpd7, Jan 25, 2012 @ 7:54 PM.

bbyluv76

bbyluv76

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 2:57 PM

I have something similar to that "spycam" and mine charges itself whenever it's pluged into a computer

Megamos

Megamos

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 8:07 AM

The biggest thing that bothered me about this show is the scene where Conrad comes upon Victoria watching the sunset over the water from her balcony. The sun doesn't set over the Atlantic!

dorakpasa

dorakpasa

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 9:00 AM

The biggest thing that bothered me about this show is the scene where Conrad comes upon Victoria watching the sunset over the water from her balcony. The sun doesn't set over the Atlantic!

Depends on the direction of the waterview. You see spectacular sunsets from Silver Beach in Falmouth, MA.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 3:07 PM

The Hamptons face southwards, not east towards the Atlantic. And if the beach curves, the house could actually face westwards.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 5:41 PM

Nolan's Spycam isn't plugged to any computer when it's taking continuous feed from first Emanda's, then Lydia's apartments over the course of a week.

Another nitpick is fingerprints. Emanda's are definitely in the system due to her juvie past but she's inconsistent with her glove-wearing.

WearyTraveler

WearyTraveler

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

Another nitpick is fingerprints. Emanda's are definitely in the system due to her juvie past but she's inconsistent with her glove-wearing.

You know what's funny? For all the flack procedurals get from entertainment critics, we largely owe our obsession with these things to shows like CSI. I think Barnaby Jones and Matlock were highly successful in spite of scientific and due process inconsistencies (and sometimes blatant fallacies) because the audience didn't have CSI, L&O, or Medical Detectives. Not that pocedurals are 100% accurate, but they have raised our awareness/knowledge of basic stuff like DNA and finger prints.

This stuff annoys me somewhat on more serious shows like Homeland, but Revenge is just a fun guilty pleasure, so, it really doesn't affect my enjoyment. I do notice it, though. Sometimes when I'm watching a scene, a little voice in my head starts yelling: gloves!gloves!gloves! Then I remember it's a soap and just go with it.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jan 28, 2012 @ 8:10 AM

Sometimes I can overlook it (like on Buffy, where the police blamed unsolvable crimes on things like "teenagers on PCP" or Pretty Little Liars where they obviously have the most incompetent police officers ever), but for some reason it drives me crazy on Revenge because Emanda has been planning her revenge for so long that I find it difficult to believe that she'd overlook a detail like that. I'm willing to give Nolan a pass for leaving fingerprints at Lydia's since that was a panicked last minute thing (hopefully by now he has a pair of gloves stashed in his popped collars whenever Emanda sends him on a mission).

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Jan 28, 2012 @ 6:23 PM

The warden may have replaced all of the fingerprint records. I wouldn't put it past her.

FurryFury

FurryFury

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

Sometimes I can overlook it (like on Buffy, where the police blamed unsolvable crimes on things like "teenagers on PCP" or Pretty Little Liars where they obviously have the most incompetent police officers ever)

Actually, the teenagers on PCP thing on Buffy was shown later to be not a hand-wave, but part of the Mayor's conspiracy - the whole town was built specifically for his grander purpose, so it made a lot of sense to pull the strings and lie to the populace.
Sorry for offtopic.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Jan 29, 2012 @ 5:22 PM

Figuring out if the "incident" happened in either 1993, 1994, or 1996 has been driving me crazy.

Prickly Pear

Prickly Pear

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:14 PM

My nitpick is when people are eavesdropping in an obvious place/way and are in no way detected. In "Commitment," Ashley was outside the window when Conrad and QV were talking about Charlotte. As Ashley walked away, you could see her reflection in the glass of the window, which means she was in plain sight, but QV, who was sitting there alone and facing that window, didn't even notice movement outside. Totally took me out of the scene.

lakeview60613

lakeview60613

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

MethodActor05 Posted Jan 29, 2012 @ 6:22 pm
Figuring out if the "incident" happened in either 1993, 1994, or 1996 has been driving me crazy.

Me too! I think they've jumbled this pretty badly. They've been wildly inconsistent about the sequence of events. When (exactly) was the bombing? The arrest? The trial? The conviction? Sometimes they refer to "fifteen years ago" as seemingly the time when the machinations to frame David took place, which would be 1996 (and presumably this must have been before the arrest and the trial). But at other times we've clearly seen trial footage from 1995. Amanda's video sessions with Dr. Banks were dated September 1993, which means David would have been arrested by then. Which means the bombing was...1993? Earlier?

In a similar vein, exactly how many summers are we supposed to believe Amanda and her dad spent at that house in the Hamptons? From the pilot episode, the strong implication was that the arrest took place in the very first summer they spent at the house. Which leads into another one of my (and many others') gripes: Jack's obsession with Amanda. How long did he know her when they were kids? Somewhere between a few weeks and a couple of months, I think. And this is the basis for pining after her for all these years? That is somewhere in the nexus of impossible, absurd, and creepy. (Honestly, he's -- what, 27? -- and hankering for the memory of an 8-year old girl (or a 9 or 10 or 11 or 12 year old girl-- it's all quite vague)? If that is supposed to be romantic, I loudly disagree. My childhood crushes usually lasted from about lunchtime to end-of-day dismissal.

I hope that at least they explain away the 'Amanda' boat as being something David Clarke gave to Jack's father. That would be more plausible and acceptable than Jack buying or building a boat and naming it after a brief childhood crush. It would also give a reason for why Nolan wanted to buy it (that and wanting to help Jack out with his debt struggles).

In any event, it would be nice if the producers would explain the timeline more precisely. They may have screwed things up a bit too much to clear this all up at this point, but it would be nice if they tried.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 6:02 PM

In any event, it would be nice if the producers would explain the timeline more precisely. They may have screwed things up a bit too much to clear this all up at this point, but it would be nice if they tried.

They really have to. I would have thought that the basics of the timeline would be figured out by now, at least.

Megamos

Megamos

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 1, 2012 @ 8:27 AM

The Hamptons face southwards, not east towards the Atlantic. And if the beach curves, the house could actually face westwards.

I did not know that. I've never been to the Hamptons so that could very well be true. In the Outer Banks, NC you can go to the west side of the island and watch the sun set over the sound so it could be something similar. When Jack fixed Emanda's porch swing he moved it to face the sunrise. He said that David had wanted to do that before he was arrested. So we know that side of her house faces the Atlantic. I guess I somehow convinced myself that QV's balcony and Em's swing faced the same way.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Feb 1, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

Doesn't V's balcony actually face Em's swing?

bbyluv76

bbyluv76

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 3, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

Does anyone know where Canadian viewers can legally view complete episodes going back to the pilot? CityTV only carries episodes 12&13, and all the YouTube ones keep directing me to other sites
Thanks in Advance

ETA: because I didn't mean to imply I was looking for anything that would violate any copyrights :)

Edited by bbyluv76, Feb 3, 2012 @ 4:04 PM.

WearyTraveler

WearyTraveler

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 3, 2012 @ 4:00 PM

Does anyone know where Canadian viewers can view complete episodes going back to the pilot? CityTV only carries episodes 12&13, and all the YouTube ones keep directing me to other sites
Thanks in Advance

I've sent you a PM. Hope it helps.