Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 9:38 PM

Official promos are NOT spoilers.

Ferocita72

Ferocita72

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:09 PM

So is this setting up Jack to kill Daniel supposedly in revenge for driving Amanda away? Or something related?

Magsi2

Magsi2

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:41 PM

Do we have any spoilers that indicate what Emanda and Daniel are arguing about in the engagement party episode?

lakeview60613

lakeview60613

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 12:57 AM

I'm putting my chips down.

The beach shooting is Daniel killing Tyler. My speculation is based more on clues than on the flow of the story:
1) Daniel will not be the victim because -- while he is the natural person to assume is the victim -- we (or, at least we on this forum) know that we never actually saw the victim's face.
2) Daniel commented on how well Tyler wears his clothes when Tyler borrowed his suit, setting up the idea that Tyler borrowed Daniel's clothes.
3) Daniel makes the comment "I'm gonna kill Tyler" when Emily tells him that Tyler had said that Emily had canceled her and Daniel's dinner plans. Foreshadowing.
4) Jack pulled (what we assume to be) Daniel's phone from the jacket pocket, but we also know Tyler has a penchant for stealing Daniel's phone.
5) We saw Daniel do very well at the shooting range with Nolan and Emanda. Why have the character shoot a gun if it was never going to be relevant?

From a production standpoint, I think they want to keep Josh Bowman in the cast,while Ashton Holmes is a lot more dispensable.

-----------
Yikes! My post above should be in the NON-spoiler speculation thread. Apologies.

Edited by lakeview60613, Jan 19, 2012 @ 12:59 AM.

Crim

Crim

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 8:16 AM

Daniel shooting Tyler doesn't quite explain Jack's presence there or why Jack had to cover for Daniel. I still think Amily shot whoever the dead guy is.

We saw Daniel do very well at the shooting range with Nolan and Emanda. Why have the character shoot a gun if it was never going to be relevant?

Good point, but multiple things happened in that scene. We saw Emanda be undeniably fake in front of Daniel yet again. We also saw her being a crackshot. We saw Nolan apparently is not familiar with guns. Any of this could be important later on. Or maybe Daniel is a suspect in Tyler's murder.

Humbugged

Humbugged

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 9:30 AM

Some stuff to chew on from the media thread

• VILLAINS RETURN: Tyler (Ashton Holmes) and Amanda (Margarita Levieva), gone for good? Think again. They’ll both return and “decide to start f—ing with Emily, and they’ve got new, different agendas,” reveals Revenge creator Mike Kelley. “Emily’s got a number of enemies at this point with bones to pick.”

• THE ENGAGEMENT PARTY: The glimpse of Revenge‘s biggest blowout we got in the series’ September premiere was just that: a taste. Expect that night to play out in full on the Feb. 15 episode, which — considering the dead body on the beach outside Grayson Manor — is fittingly titled “Chaos.” Someone will be arrested for the murder, and someone will be dead. Plus, Kelly promises one bombshell in the great reveal that no one could anticipate. “I don’t think anyone will have guessed it,” he says, “but we’ll see.”

• ONE STEAMY LOVE TRIANGLE: Expect increased tension between Daniel, Emily, and Jack (Nick Wechsler) as Revenge continues its journey. “Everything that happens on the beach that night will forever alter the course of Emily’s romantic ties to both Jack and Daniel,” Kelley says cryptically. Adds Wechsler: “Jack is starting to want to fight for Emily himself.”

So not Daniel then as the corpse if its getting properly triangulated then(or Tyler if Ashton is coming back) . But Daniel as the accused with Emanda playing supportive fiance ?? Or maybe Jack is the one blamed

Edited by Humbugged, Jan 19, 2012 @ 9:46 AM.

Magsi2

Magsi2

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 2:45 PM

If "no one will have guessed it", I guess it can't be Tyler. We've all guessed it was him from the first time we saw him. We KNOW it can't be Nolan, Conrad, Jack or Declan as the dead body on the beach, as we saw them after the shooting at the party. Frank is dead. Ryan, the lawyer wouldn't make sense, neither would Michael Davis unless there is an unknown connection to Emanda that would be pretty big. No one would care if it was Uncle Bill or the Treadwell guy either. We've also all speculated that it could be David, but they've said he is dead, perhaps he is dead as in the one on the beach? Are there any new characters to be introduced from spoilers that would really matter to us if it would be them??

WearyTraveler

WearyTraveler

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 4:07 PM

Tyler could be back for just the next two episodes, 14 and 15, and then get killed on the beach (on 15). They said he'd be back with revenge plans of hs own, tbut hey didn't say how long his stay would last. Same goes for Amily as the shooter, which would explain why Jack was there trying to clean up after her.

dizzyd

dizzyd

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 6:53 PM

The beach victim is dead
Vicky's new attorney
Grandpa Grayson
Also, from a previous spoiler, Kelley said he nixed the option of David still being alive because the boards were already fanwanking about it

Edited by dizzyd, Jan 19, 2012 @ 6:53 PM.

WearyTraveler

WearyTraveler

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 9:44 PM

If "no one will have guessed it", I guess it can't be Tyler.

I think we need to take the whole quote into account, which was: Someone will be arrested for the murder, and someone will be dead. Plus, Kelly promises one bombshell in the great reveal that no one could anticipate.

The Plus means "in addition to" the previous sentence. That sentence had to do with someone being arrested and someone else being dead. So, in addition to a body and a suspect there's a reveal that Kelly feels is surprising enough that no one would have thought of it. For instance:

- It could be related to who the real killer is. What if Jack is the killer? Who could see that coming?
- It could be related to who hired the killer. What if Nolan manipulated Amily and asked her to kill Tyler?
- Or it could be something else entirely.

Also, he thinks no one would anticipate it, but he does say "We'll see" because maybe someone did call it. In this interconnected age, anything can happen. We could list all the possible choices for dead guy right now, using every male that has ever been on the show that could wear Daniel's jacket, and wasn't shown at the actual party where Victoria was giving her speech. Starting with Daniel, and moving down, one of those would be right.

The same can be said for the killer.

DimeStormRing

DimeStormRing

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 9:08 AM

Also, from a previous spoiler, Kelley said he nixed the option of David still being alive because the boards were already fanwanking about it

Fuck, that's all my fault.

I still think he's alive. James Tupper deserves more than black and white flashbacks.

dizzyd

dizzyd

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 4:18 PM

Perception pics
The dark side of Jack

Edited by dizzyd, Jan 20, 2012 @ 4:29 PM.

Cardie

Cardie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 4:31 PM

Fuck, that's all my fault.

If you were the only one who had ever mentioned it, I doubt Kelley would even know. Several people, myself included, brought it up here before you did, and I'm sure just as many folks have speculated on other forums. People thought dead turning up alive is a standard trope of soap operas and melodramas--just like mistaken paternity--which is why one cannot help but consider it a possibility for Revenge.

BBDi

BBDi

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 4:55 PM

Yeah, I think a lot of people here, myself included, said that is one twist that they simply could not accept. For me it's the idea that David would hold off contact from his daughter all this time and her let her think that he's dead that just won't do. I can't think of an explanation for what kind of force could keep him away, because if there was such a force, they would have tried to kill Emanda or would be trying to thwart her plans.

But I agree with what someone said up-thread--if the writers made it work, I guess I could stomach it.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 5:47 PM

I can't think of an explanation for what kind of force could keep him away, because if there was such a force, they would have tried to kill Emanda or would be trying to thwart her plans.

If he turns up alive before he is cleared and the real culprits are in jail, he's in danger, he would go back to prison, and everybody in on the plot to liberate him from jail would go down too

David was never going to get out of Prison, the only way Emanda inherits the money and has a means of having the life she should have had all along is for David to be (assumed) dead. Emanda's assets would be hunted down and seized, if the secret of Nolan's funding through David Clark became clear. Somebody on the original thread something about Swiss bank accounts hiding the money trail, but I don't know.

quangtran

quangtran

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 6:14 PM

My bet?

Daniel was the man killed on the beach. For me is the only acceptable outcome. All of Kelley's hints of upcomings stories, like the trial and Em + Vic joining forces, sounds a lot more interesting if Daniel was the victim.

NicoleMN6

NicoleMN6

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

I still think David is alive; in fact, it's the only thing that would allow this show to go on for years with a fresh twist. Sure, the writers aren't planning it now, but after a few more seasons, they'll need something like that to happen. Plus, it's easy enough to come up with a plausible scenario: the FBI/CIA needs David Clarke to help root out and stop other terrorists (in a post-9/11 world), so they fake his death and give him a new identity, send him to Afghanistan, whatever. He's NOT ALLOWED to have any contact with his daughter or tell anyone he's alive. He may or may not have an inkling of what she's been up to -- perhaps Nolan knows he's alive and is trying to help him clear his name so he can come back, but better that he doesn't -- and comes back once he realizes how far his daughter has taken things.

NicoleMN6

NicoleMN6

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

Nothing to see here!

Edited by NicoleMN6, Jan 20, 2012 @ 6:56 PM.

smozan

smozan

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 11:22 PM

I rewatched the pilot on may laptop today and slowed down the shooting scene. I am almost certain it is David Clarke who is shot. I took a screencap as he was falling to verify it and it really looks like James Tupper. This explains Nolan's involvement, something that didn't make complete sense before. Maybe he's acting as David's eyes and ears?

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 12:27 AM

Or David Clark could be suffering from amnesia somewhere and that's why he's out of touch with his daughter?

The body on the beach looks uncannily like James Tupper in the 'shot-down-fall-to-his-face' scene. However he may have body-stunted that shoot on purpose so that the audience can not guess who the dead body really is.

Or David Clark could be suffering from amnesia somewhere and that's why he's out of touch with his daughter?

The body on the beach looks uncannily like James Tupper in the 'shot-down-fall-to-his-face' scene. However he may have body-stunted that shoot on purpose so that the audience can not guess who the dead body really is.

Coconuts

Coconuts

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 2:56 AM

I rewatched the pilot on may laptop today and slowed down the shooting scene. I am almost certain it is David Clarke who is shot. I took a screencap as he was falling to verify it and it really looks like James Tupper. This explains Nolan's involvement, something that didn't make complete sense before. Maybe he's acting as David's eyes and ears?

But had they cast James Tupper when they shot that? I thought it was Marc Blucas at that point (and why would they bother to reshoot that scene, when you can't tell who it's supposed to be?).

smozan

smozan

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 11:08 AM

I don't know anything about Tupper's casting, but I'm telling you it is him. Is it possible they reshot it? Wish there was a way I could include the screen shot. Even my husband (who has seen the show once) agreed it couldn't be Daniel because the guy was older and had a little wave to his hair. Then he ridiculed me for obsessing over it :)

Edited by smozan, Jan 27, 2012 @ 11:11 AM.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

From EW spoiler room:

Is everything going to come to a head once we get to the murder ep? Like, does anyone find out something about Emily’s plan, thus spurring the murder? — Jen
Oh, with the specifics, Jen! But what I can tell you is that the show will throw many surprises into the so-called murder episode, but EP Mike Kelley is still keeping some stuff up his sleeve. “It’s pretty spooky what happens on the beach because we’re going into a trial for the murderer. Some of the surprises are going to come out in upcoming episodes, after the engagement party. But there will be one thing that people did not see coming,” he tells EW’s Tanner Stransky.

Is Emily going to question what she’s doing or feel bad about who she’s hurting? — Kirsten
If you mean, ‘Does Emily have a heart?’, the answer is absolutely. In fact, it sort of gets in the way around the time of the engagement party. “The reason that Emily doesn’t cancel this party is because she’s trying to protect somebody that’s been abducted. Somebody has been kidnapped as insurance,” Kelley said. ” She’s going through with the engagement party to protect an innocent.” Oh, souls; they’re so pesky.

Any hints as to why Nolan is so cold to Emily at the engagement party? Is that something we see happen closer to the murder episode or something that’s a slow build? — Tracy
Can’t say. But speaking of slow build, you should prepare for exactly that when it comes to the David Clarke mystery at large, according to Kelley. “There’s no end to that, until the series comes to a conclusion, especially now that we have these tapes and we have new ways of learning truths,” he dishes. “The fact that Emily didn’t know that Charlotte is her sister, there are revelations that Emily is going to be having. She doesn’t have all the answers, which she starts to learn. Then you start to learn who really may have the answers and how this conspiracy really goes.” IT'S THE DOG! (Not. But hmm…)

I bet the kidnap victim will be Jack. Judging by the preview for the episode before the engagment party, something is going to happen to him... Or it could be Daniel. Think about it: other than the shooting scene, we never actually saw him at the beach!

Edited by Spartan Girl, Jan 27, 2012 @ 3:00 PM.

DimeStormRing

DimeStormRing

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

This is a spoiler thread, not need for the black bars.

Then you start to learn who really may have the answers and how this conspiracy really goes.” IT’S THE DOG!

Amanda has the answers. The Amanda boat... which was why Nolan wanted it (acting as David Clarke's proxy).

Love this kidnapping twist! Is the kidnapper someone we have already met?

EDITED: Yeah, it does look like James Tupper on the beach.
So, David Clarke LIVES.... that is, until he comes across Daniel...
Daniel shoots his mother's "rapist". Goes to trial.... Amanda has to maintain her Emily Thorne/dutiful fiancee role during the trial and cannot mourn her father.

Not sure how this whole kidnapping thing plays in to it.

Edited by DimeStormRing, Jan 27, 2012 @ 2:09 PM.

tina roars

tina roars

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 2:40 PM

All this speculation about David Clarke being the body on the beach is so twisty and interesting! IF it's not Daniel, which at this point I feel is unlikely due to JB's popularity and untapped storyline potentials with David alive rather than dead, the only person that does make sense to me is David Clarke. We know that it can't be: Conrad, Nolan, Jack or Declan. Who else is there? Tyler is such an inconsequential character to the overall revenge arc that I can't see it being him. Plus, is he really considered a central character with the whole 2nd half of the season dedicated to his murder trial? Then again, two episodes is such a short amount of time to spring this Alive!David twist on us only to have him killed (again). Uggh, February can't come soon enough!

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 2:50 PM

Sorry about the spoiler bars. I'll remember not to bother for next time.

I think it would be kind of pointless to bring David back only to kill him off again. Interesting theory though.

This engagement party is going to be HUGE. Better be worth it; it is the episode we've been waiting ALL FREAKING SEASON for!

Edited by Spartan Girl, Jan 27, 2012 @ 2:51 PM.

Mad Rhymes

Mad Rhymes

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 2:56 PM

Love this kidnapping twist! Is the kidnapper someone we have already met?

Following the out of the box thinking (David Clarke is alive and killed on the beach theory)- could the kidnapper be Tyler? Maybe he kidnapped Amily with the hopes of gaining some sort of truth about Emanda?

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 2:58 PM

I did a side-by-side comparison of the aired and unaired pilot and the scene where the unnamed man is shot is exactly the same. I'm going to guess that they had an extra for that just so that people wouldn't be able to figure out who it is.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 3:04 PM

Hmm...maybe Tyler kidnaps Jack, Daniel finds out that Emily's been protecting him from the news of Tyler being back in town and kidnapping Jack, they have the fight on the beach, Tyler shows up to see Daniel but he shoots Tyler to stop the blackmail? It's possible. Whatever it is, the whole kidnapping thing just changed the stakes and reasons for the shooting.

BBDi

BBDi

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 3:16 PM

I could see Amily being kidnapped by QV or Conrad (esp QV) to keep her from blabbing about QV and David Clarke.