Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

Tyler: Dead on the beach.

DimeStormRing

DimeStormRing

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

Will the show be ballsy enough to actually kill off Daniel?

TobinAlbers

TobinAlbers

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:09 PM

I'm betting there's a twist with Charlotte's paternity being that Conrad IS actually the father. Emanda just had Victoria's lawyer TELL everyone that David Clarke was Charlotte's father to 1) Personally hurt Conrad by 'taking away' his daughter in a bit of direct payback from Emanda for Conrad separating her and her father and 2) Increase discord within the Grayson ranks. From this paternity bomb Conrad's got no familial allies, Charlotte's withdrawn from both her parents, and Conrad and Victoria are raw from the truth to really go for each other's throats. Emanda's machinations well and good fractured this family. By the time the truth comes out the damage between Conrad and Charlotte might be too far gone to be repaired.

It's a whole new level of a ruthless move for Emanda but it would be an awesome and gutting revenge.

lakeview60613

lakeview60613

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 1:00 AM

I'm putting my chips down.

The beach shooting is Daniel killing Tyler. My speculation is based more on clues than on the flow of the story:
1) Daniel will not be the victim because -- while he is the natural person to assume is the victim -- we (or, at least we on this forum) know that we never actually saw the victim's face.
2) Daniel commented on how well Tyler wears his clothes when Tyler borrowed his suit, setting up the idea that Tyler borrowed Daniel's clothes.
3) Daniel makes the comment "I'm gonna kill Tyler" when Emily tells him that Tyler had said that Emily had canceled her and Daniel's dinner plans. Foreshadowing.
4) Jack pulled (what we assume to be) Daniel's phone from the jacket pocket, but we also know Tyler has a penchant for stealing Daniel's phone.
5) We saw Daniel do very well at the shooting range with Nolan and Emanda. Why have the character shoot a gun if it was never going to be relevant?

From a production standpoint, I think they want to keep Josh Bowman in the cast,while Ashton Holmes is a lot more dispensable.

pjamma

pjamma

Stalker

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 3:37 AM

My prediction...

Daniel is the one who I shot. The shooter is the brother of his ex-girlfriend or the ex-girlfriend getting their revenge.

bijoux83

bijoux83

Stalker

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 6:22 AM

TobinAlbers, before this episode aired I was thinking along the same lines. But Emily's reaction to Charlotte hugging her seemed genuine to me. If there is some sort of cock up with the paternity test, I don't think Emily was responsible for it.

When are Emily and Daniel going to start fighting? By the engagement party they've been having the same fight over and over again. It puzzles me as to what Emily will deem important enough to fight over or why it should matter strategically.

Selianth

Selianth

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 5:12 PM

The first thing that makes sense to me is that Emily and Daniel will be fighting about a pre-nup. She may not want to get involved with anything "legal" just yet, or doesn't want to reveal her true net worth, or one of them putting the other off for some reason. I think the only reason they're not fighting yet is because they're not going to start talking about it until next episode.

Glory

Glory

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

The first thing that makes sense to me is that Emily and Daniel will be fighting about a pre-nup. She may not want to get involved with anything "legal" just yet, or doesn't want to reveal her true net worth, or one of them putting the other off for some reason. I think the only reason they're not fighting yet is because they're not going to start talking about it until next episode.

I thought it might be a conversation about them eloping. At the beginning of the season I honestly thought it might have to do with Daniel's drinking, but that seems to have been dropped. So, I'd say maybe one of them is trying to talk the other into a quickie wedding.

I do like the prenup speculation though.

JenL

JenL

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 23, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

Okay, so in this last episode, Conrad's threats about a nasty trial suddenly made something click for me - a while back, there was some discussion that the 2nd half of the season, after the shooting, were going to have a lot to do with "the trial". And there was all kind of speculation about who was going to be on trial for killing whom.

But what if no one actually died (or someone did, but the cops haven't figured out who was the killer), and "the trial" that takes up the second half is the divorce trial?

atyleung

atyleung

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2012 @ 2:51 AM

So I watched the opening engagement party scene of the pilot again...

It is implied that it's Daniel's phone ringing on the dead body, but nothing concretely proves that...it just merely says that the incoming call is from "Emily Thorne."

My (as well as everyone else's, I'm sure) theories about that night are constantly changing. I am still leaning towards the dead body being some temporary character that is introduced for the purpose of killing off.

But my latest wonderings are whether the whole scene is actually part of another one of Emanda's revenge schemes. Maybe her whole look of shock when Charlotte starts screaming is a put on, just like her fake embarrassment at the "Hamptons Exposed" or her fake fear when Tyler had a gun to her head. Also, that may be the reason for her and Nolan's "you shouldn't be here" exchange, why she looks at him when the commotion starts, and why Nolan doesn't look the least bit surprised by everything going on.

Edited by atyleung, Jan 24, 2012 @ 2:52 AM.

teachmusik

teachmusik

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2012 @ 10:39 AM

After this episode, I'm taking the "you shouldn't be here" exchange as Nolan saying "hey, you said you were going to press pause and I was so excited and happy for you, why are you determined to keep going through with marrying Daniel (and therefore continuing your REVENGE!!!! plan) when you know people on the sidelines [Jack, Charlotte, Declan by extension-I somehow doubt Conrad is going to still pay for his schooling] are getting hurt."

atyleung

atyleung

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

Do you all think Emanda will tell Nolan about Victoria's latest lie? And would that make Nolan understand Emanda's resuming her reveng-ing?

DimeStormRing

DimeStormRing

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 8:01 PM

So, on FB Revenge posted: "The ABC Television Network page wants to know which Josh has stolen your heart. Support our Daniel (Josh Bowman) or Once Upon a Time's Prince Charming (Josh Dallas) by voting here..."
They're not going to kill Daniel.

I thought they would, but the guy is growing a huge following and is a breakout star.

So... the body on the beach.... Tyler?

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 8:35 PM

I thought they would, but the guy is growing a huge following and is a breakout star.

I dunno, people liked Frank, too. On the other hand, I don't think they'd let Bowman be on the cover of EW if he was going to be leaving permanently.

They're not going to kill Daniel.

I don't want him to die, BUT I'm not ruling out the possibility, especially in this age where TPTB love to drop a SHOCKING DEATH on viewers.

I think it'd be interesting if Daniel was the shooter on the beach. I'm not sure who he'd want to kill, though.

----
I assume Lydia will be back at some point, and Tyler has to come back, right? He doesn't know everything, but he knows enough to be dangerous. Plus, he knows about Emanda's secret compartment. I'd hate it if he got his hands on the Infinity Box!

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 9:57 AM

Well, however is the shooter had some serious rage toward their victim. I mean, shooting them once could be considered an accident, but three or four times after he's already down? That's some serious rage right there so whoever is the victim clearly did something to piss off the shooter. So whoever the shooter is either has serious rage issues and the victim was the last straw, or he did something personally to the shooter.

teachmusik

teachmusik

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 11:11 AM

This is what I'm thinking:

In the pilot we hear "bang" and then a pause, then "bang bang". So what if:

Daniel and person X are on the beach. X shoots Daniel once (bang) and then turns to walk away, however Daniel (possibly after falling down, we know he's a good shot) shoots two shots into the departing back of X (bang bang). So yeah it could be Daniel on the beach (passed out from bloodloss or something) along with X. That way everything could make sense without Daniel having to be dead, he'd be injured but still responsible for shooting X.

Maybe?

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

Sorry, I meant to put this in the spoiler thread.

Edited by Spartan Girl, Jan 27, 2012 @ 1:40 PM.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 6:39 PM

In the pilot we hear "bang" and then a pause, then "bang bang". So what if:

Daniel and person X are on the beach. X shoots Daniel once (bang) and then turns to walk away, however Daniel (possibly after falling down, we know he's a good shot) shoots two shots into the departing back of X (bang bang). So yeah it could be Daniel on the beach (passed out from bloodloss or something) along with X. That way everything could make sense without Daniel having to be dead, he'd be injured but still responsible for shooting X.

Maybe?

Interesting take! Possible; but I wonder if they'll make actual scenario will be that complicated.
------

I assume by the next episode Nolan will know that Charlotte is David's daughter. I wonder how much this will divide his loyalty to Emanda? I would think that he'd want to protect/help Charlotte out of loyalty to David. Nolan might keep Emanda in check about how much damage she does to the Grayson family, for Charlotte's sake.

Humbugged

Humbugged

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 6:51 PM

I assume by the next episode Nolan will know that Charlotte is David's daughter

He knew in 1.13

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

He knew about the possibility; he hasn't found out the results yet.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

Do we know what happened to Emily's mother?

I have a feeling we'll meet her down the line otherwise...

Edited by tommie, Feb 2, 2012 @ 3:48 PM.

Humbugged

Humbugged

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

Do we know what happened to Emily's mother?

I have a feeling we'll meet her down the line otherwise...

The sides for 1.04 had Victoria in - the scene where she was getting the psychiatrist to have Emanda committed - saying that she had killed herself .And little Amanda and David made it sound pretty much she was gone in a permanent way in the pilot

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

The sides for 1.04 had Victoria in - the scene where she was getting the psychiatrist to have Emanda committed - saying that she had killed herself .And little Amanda and David made it sound pretty much she was gone in a permanent way in the pilot

What if Victoria killed Emanda's mother to get her out of the way so Victoria could seduce David? Or, maybe Victoria got Emanda's mother out of the way by some other means for other nefarious purposes (i.e. maybe Emanda's mother was close to finding out about some secrets and evildoings by the Graysons, etc.). What if targeting David and making him a patsy goes back further than anyone thought?

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Feb 3, 2012 @ 12:55 AM

The show's been mostly silent and very vague about Amanda's mother. I bet she's alive, but they're waiting for a good time to introduce her.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Feb 3, 2012 @ 4:22 PM

And what happened to Jack and Declan's mother?

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

Re-watching episode 1.05 made me remember what a potential harmful player Lydia could be towards Emily's REVENGE plans - am I the only one who thinks she'll resurface once the action moves to New York?

notwisconsin

notwisconsin

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

according to the preview at the end of last night's episode, we get back to where we started. The structure of the show is going to have to change drastically. The entire season up to this point has been Emanda's reminisinces with the help of an omnicient narrator filling in the blanks where she isn't (Delcan and Jack bantering in the bar and so forth). That can't happen anymore. We've caught up with ourselves.

Lot's of TV shows do this, but almost always only for one episode, with the climax at the beginning, and then a title card saying "the previous day" or something like that. Then we get caught up, and BANG! followed by a short deneument.

That can't happen this time, as we've been getting back to the beginning for half a season. The structure of the entire show has been how they got to that body on the beach. once we get back to where we started, we have to change the structure of the show entirely. We can't have Emanda reminiscing about how she got to where she is because that story's finished.

It could become Law and Order: Suffolk Country[ with a long drawn out trial, or we could find Amely or Emanda crouching over a body somewhere in, say, Japan or Paris or South Austrailia, and go on about how they got from point C to point D. I don't really know at this point. But there's no way it can remain as it is.

...and I can't for the life of me imagine what a second season might be like.

ssbe

ssbe

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 4:13 PM

Here's what I think could happen:

Emanda and Daniel: arguing over their prenup; he wants one; she doesn't.
David: dead on the beach. (Sorry to see him go. he will be missed.)
Fauxmanda: the killer.
Jack: charged with David's murder.
Emanda: hires him a great defense attorney.
Fauxmanda: tries to save Jack by coming clean about who she really is. No one will believe her because she now has the double infinity box with David Clarke's diaries. She'll be found guilty of the murder at some point but will be found to be insane.
Emanda: will continue her revenge plot by cozying up to Conrad, who's an idiot and thinks he's God's gift to women.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 7:12 PM

But there's no way it can remain as it is.

...and I can't for the life of me imagine what a second season might be like.

Yes, we'll be caught up to the engagement party where the show started, but I don't think the show will have to completely change. Whatever happens after the shooting might be a detour on Emanda's road to REVENGE, but only a detour. She still has her main goals of enacting REVENGE and unraveling the conspiracy against her father.

brittqwa

brittqwa

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 2:03 AM

Emily Vancamp just sent out a tweet saying "New York, I've missed you." I wonder if they are gonna be filming some scenes there for upcoming episodes... I remember reading that the action was supposed to relocate to NYC after the Hamptons summer. I wonder if thats true...