Revenge in the Media: Society Pages

• Please log in to reply

146 replies to this topic

Pache

Pache

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2013 @ 2:47 PM

Well I hate Aiden, so him coming back and being in contention for Emily's One True Love is it for me.  Well that clears up one slot on my DVR.

DementedDaisy

DementedDaisy

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 19, 2013 @ 12:15 AM

Season 3 promo

A spoiler is included in the promo, according to the article.  If it's in the promo, how is it a spoiler?  Anyway, enjoy!

Rina99

Rina99

Fanatic

Posted Sep 3, 2013 @ 12:13 AM

Well I hate Aiden, so him coming back and being in contention for Emily's One True Love is it for me.

Well, I don't know about it being "it" for me, but somehow Aidan managed to be even more uninteresting and boring than Jack last year, and yet the showrunners still seem intent on forcing this relationship. It definitely kills a lot of enthusiasm for next season.

Thena

Thena

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 7:18 PM

I like Aiden so this is fine with me. I've never grown to like the Jack/Emily epic childhood love. She has chemistry with Daniel, but he's too dumb for her. I'm looking forward to the premiere.

Glade

Glade

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 18, 2013 @ 11:34 PM

Aiden is the epitome of everything that was wrong about season 2.  And his murdering Takeda and sabotaging her revenge, landing Nolan in jail should make Emily not want to even look at his disgusting face again.  Emily/Jack is at the heart of the show, and was from the very beginning, and they should have ended S1 (and the show) with them ending up together, and no Amily return or ludicrous retcon in S2.  So I agree, if Aiden is honestly going to be taken seriously as Emily's true love and a believable plot device, then I'm out.

As for the promo, whatever.  After the S1 flash-forward was a fakeout, I lost interest in this device.  S3's version is so obviously fake that it's not even worth thinking about.

Edited by Glade, Sep 18, 2013 @ 11:36 PM.

FurryFury

FurryFury

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2013 @ 4:35 AM

I don't watch the show anymore, but it seems they've somehow managed to screw up every romantic option for the heroine. Too bad they can't acknowledge that and start from a scratch. I doubt too many viewers are invested in any of Emily pairings as much as it usually is on other soap operas, so stuff like killing off some of her love interests could only attract some attention to the show, not squander it.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2013 @ 7:43 AM

I don't watch the show anymore, but it seems they've somehow managed to screw up every romantic option for the heroine. Too bad they can't acknowledge that and start from a scratch. I doubt too many viewers are invested in any of Emily pairings as much as it usually is on other soap operas, so stuff like killing off some of her love interests could only attract some attention to the show, not squander it.

Pretty much, but she should focus more on her revenge since last season got sloppy with it.

GuyAwks

GuyAwks

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 3:09 AM

Aiden is the epitome of everything that was wrong about season 2.  And his murdering Takeda and sabotaging her revenge, landing Nolan in jail should make Emily not want to even look at his disgusting face again.  Emily/Jack is at the heart of the show, and was from the very beginning, and they should have ended S1 (and the show) with them ending up together, and no Amily return or ludicrous retcon in S2.  So I agree, if Aiden is honestly going to be taken seriously as Emily's true love and a believable plot device, then I'm out.

This so much. It infuriates me so much that the writers had the perfect opportunity to write Aiden out and they still didn't take it! He literally contributes nothing to the show and even worse, his sole presence on it necessitates Emily being helpless, incapable or flat out lazy. Emily doesn't need another love interest and this show certainly doesn't need any more useless male main characters (when we only have 3 females with the departure of Ashley).

I agree that Jack and Emily are the core of the show and having to pretend that Emily cares about Aiden anywhere near as much as she does Jack is suspension of belief too far.

deme70

deme70

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 7:20 AM

I agree that Jack and Emily are the core of the show and having to pretend that Emily cares about Aiden anywhere near as much as she does Jack is suspension of belief too far.

Not nearly as far as the notion that Jack and Emily will sail off into the sunset HEA after all the collateral damage her revenge has heaped on his life. That's one I definitely have to turn off my brain cells to buy.

Edited by deme70, Oct 5, 2013 @ 7:24 AM.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 10:25 AM

Not nearly as far as the notion that Jack and Emily will sail off into the sunset HEA after all the collateral damage her revenge has heaped on his life. That's one I definitely have to turn off my brain cells to buy.

Yeah, there's too much baggage now.

NicholeHamm

NicholeHamm

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 10, 2013 @ 11:31 PM

I agree that having Aiden on the show no longer makes any sense except for the possible entertainment value of seeing him get brutally murdered by Emily.

tunnelvision

tunnelvision

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 2:23 AM

As for the promo, whatever.  After the S1 flash-forward was a fakeout, I lost interest in this device.  S3's version is so obviously fake that it's not even worth thinking about.

the relationship between Emily and Jack is making every one lose interest in the series. The problem in Season 2 was the boring story of the initiative. 

NicholeHamm

NicholeHamm

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 2:51 AM

the relationship between Emily and Jack is making every one lose interest in the series. The problem in Season 2 was the boring story of the initiative. 

True, but her relationship with Aiden will not help anything either.  

Personally I was very disappointed to see that Aiden is back for season three. The intro of this pointless character and the boring initiative story was the biggest problem with season two, and it seemed like through the whole episode they were getting back to the basics of what made season one so great and cutting ties with everything that didn't work from season two, and then they reveal one of the main reasons why season 2 was so lackluster. The new characters like him and new storylines like with his sister was a failure, and they got too far away from the original premise of the show, and I never liked how he kinda replaced Nolan as Emily's sidekick for most of the year.

I just hope that he is really turning against Emily and is going to work with Victoria but seriously doubt that is what's going to happen.

RachelKM

RachelKM

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 4:22 PM

I happen to like Aiden and find him to be the only love interest with whom Emanda makes any sense in a real relationship.  He's the only one who actually knows her.  Jack finally knows who she is and has gotten a glimpse of her true personality, but he still doesn't really know her as she is now.  

Aiden is the only person to actually spend time with Emanda as herself.  And I think they have chemistry.  Something I've never seen with Jack and Emanda and which was fleeting in Season 1 and is now completely absent from Daniel and Emanda.

hope4all

hope4all

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 16, 2013 @ 12:11 PM

I happen to like Aiden and find him to be the only love interest with whom Emanda makes any sense in a real relationship.

RachelKM, I agree with you.  He loves her for who she is and knows what she has been through.  I think he would be the best for her, and she keeps Nolan as a steady friend/sidekick.

Baskingsharkgtx

Baskingsharkgtx

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 29, 2013 @ 6:41 AM

Bowman goes on holiday in Rio, apparently agrees that Daniel is a flip-flopper and has complained to producers about it. Suggests killing him off.

Victoria won't like that.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2013 @ 11:25 PM

How can you pinpoint Jack and Emily as the reason people are losing interest in the show. That's far fetched considering they are hardly in scenes together.  

The show jumped the shark last season and it's hard to gain back the trust of the audience.  The main character is unlikable and the show has lost focus.  Maybe that's why people are giving it up.  

I like Jack but I'm  not watching the show for a romance.  She makes sense with nobody.  She uses Aiden as much as she uses Daniel. She should end up with no one. That is what makes the most sense to me.

dorapie

dorapie

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 14, 2014 @ 4:26 PM

Karine Vanasse Promoted to Series Regular

Yay! I just hope this means that the writers will actually give Margaux a storyline other than being Jack's love interest now.

argrow

argrow

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2014 @ 5:57 PM

The only thing I got from that article: There is going to be a Season 4? What else can they do with this show?

Glade

Glade

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 14, 2014 @ 7:47 PM

I doubt the 10pm Sunday timeslot is going to improve the ratings any, so hopefully it won't be renewed in May but there will still be time to write a good finale.

Edited by Glade, Jan 14, 2014 @ 7:49 PM.

GaT

GaT

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2014 @ 10:22 PM

Karine Vanasse Promoted to Series Regular

I was hoping that she would be gone because I think that she adds nothing to the story, but they've cast her father, so now not only is she here to stay, she's expanding.

Margaux gets a daddy 

Edited by GaT, Jan 16, 2014 @ 10:23 PM.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2014 @ 9:42 AM

I was hoping that she would be gone because I think that she adds nothing to the story, but they've cast her father, so now not only is she here to stay, she's expanding.

Margaux gets a daddy 

Her dad too?  Well, just add him to the pile too.

bluvelvet

bluvelvet

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2014 @ 12:28 PM

So we have a season 4, great but this means that nothing is getting resolved this season.

DementedDaisy

DementedDaisy

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 2:17 PM

Emily Thorne's backstory, courtesy of Marvel

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 2:50 PM

I've always thought that this show (the first season, anyway) would make a great anime series; I guess a comic is the next best thing.

Also, way to leverage that Marvel buyout, Disney!

Edited by Trini Girl, Feb 20, 2014 @ 2:13 PM.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2014 @ 10:40 AM

Honestly the only reason I'm still watching this show is because of Nolan so if the graphic novel could somehow someway include him I would buy it.  But if its all about Emily (as it seems to be from the description) and her backstory which probably includes Jack then no thanks.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2014 @ 1:16 PM

The cover looks like the poster for Kill Bill Vol 2.

But it does look interesting.  Might check it out.