Oprah's Master Class

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

39 replies to this topic

SpringTulips

SpringTulips

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2013 @ 5:33 PM

Susan Sarandon looks great, I don't know if she has had any help but she is aging quite well.

Edited by SpringTulips, Jun 10, 2013 @ 5:42 PM.

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2013 @ 9:11 PM

She said in an interview a couple of years ago that she had her jowls and eyes done.  I remember because that was followed by a hilarious way of saying that's as far as she felt it prudent to go: "You don't want to wind up looking like a female impersonator of yourself." 

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2013 @ 11:30 AM

Damn! Barry Gordy sure likes to talk about himself.

I know. I know

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2013 @ 6:15 PM

Berry Gordy sure did a good job of making some ugly legal battles with Motown talent look not so ugly. The one with Mary Wells was the tallest tale, IMO.

Berry was brilliant in his crafting of Hitsville & the Motown Sound, but he made it sound like it was all about the love & the music. Bullshit. He made hundreds of millions dollars while many of his artists ended up on welfare.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 2:25 AM

wallybear, are you suggesting that Mary Wells might have left Motown because she wasn't properly compensated for all her hits?

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2013 @ 7:59 AM

wallybear:  I said that exact same thing to my husband.

selhars

selhars

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2013 @ 11:15 AM

What pleased me most was that Oprah let her talk and didn't pepper her with loaded questions.

Oprah isn't doing these interviews....Producers are doing it, asking questions when needed to prompt at times. But for the most part it's a 'you tell your story' kind of thing.

SunnyBeBe

SunnyBeBe

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 11:08 AM

My favorite show has been the one on Stevie Nicks.  I have been a big fan for most of my life. There are some people you just like for some reason.  She's one of those people for me.  

I have always had so many questions about her and the band.  I thought the show that featured her was so interesting.  I thought her narrative was spot on.  I think they needed more time for her though.  That woman has done some living and I would like to hear more stories about her life.((Part two, please.)  I went on to do more research on Stevie, as I was curious why she still lives in Arizona. 

MaryTV

MaryTV

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 11:18 AM

Stevie made a documentary "In Your Dreams" that is on iTunes.  She goes into more detail than she did on Oprah.  I enjoy this show's format.  People just talking...no on-camera questions.

Runner123

Runner123

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 8:58 PM

Me too. I really like this format.  You know they're responding to questions or prompts, but the way it's all edited, the flow is wonderful, and there are some really profound moments. I have enjoyed every one of these shows, but I think my favorite was Sydney Poitier.