Season 14 General Gabbery

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1041 replies to this topic

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2012 @ 12:28 AM

So here are some "rumored" celebrities for next season:

Dancing with the Stars Season 14 Rumors- Perez Hilton, Taylor Armstrong (Real Housewives of BH), Pee-We Herman & Kris Jenner are some of the rumored stars.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Jan 13, 2012 @ 2:25 AM

What hideous rumours! The only good idea is Paul "Pee Wee" Reubens. Kris Jenner is a harpy famewhore. Taylor Armstrong is a walking disaster. Perez Hilton is horrid.

Sunnyheart

Sunnyheart

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2012 @ 9:36 AM

Totally agree with you oakgal. WHY do we have to have another Kardashian or Jenner? Sheesh, show, give it a rest!

I have a warm spot for Paul Reubens/Pee Wee Herman. He never fails to make me laugh. I would really like for him to be on the show. I don't want him to do every dance as Pee Wee, but I sure wouldn't mind if Pee Wee showed up for a Tequila number. Big shoes are a MUST!

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Jan 13, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

I wouldn't worry about Kris Jenner. I can't see her ever doing something like this. Bruce Jenner, yes. But Kris? She's a famewhore, but she's far to self conscious to go out there and dance. She would be just like Kim. I can see her trying to get other family members on the show but she would never do it herself.

Edited by spanana, Jan 13, 2012 @ 12:59 PM.

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

So here are some "rumored" celebrities for next season:

Dancing with the Stars Season 14 Rumors- Perez Hilton, Taylor Armstrong (Real Housewives of BH), Pee-We Herman & Kris Jenner are some of the rumored stars.

I would be totally disgusted if that internet/Twitter/Blogger bully of a wimp, Perez Hilton was ever cast on this show. He would repulse me more that anyone that has ever repulsed me on this show before. His self-importance/delusional level would raise to astronomical heights if he were ever brought on this show. I don't often use the word hate; especially for people I don't know personally, but I absolutely despise this man. To have to look at that horrible mug every week would require me to take an antacid before viewing the show. Do. Not. Want!

I don't really care about Taylor Armstrong because I don't watch "RHB". I see her as an early exit or cannon fodder anyway. Kris Jenner...no. Paul Reubens...yes please!

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

If the average viewer for DwtS is a 54 year old woman - what percentage of the viewers would even know who the hell Perez Hilton is? I bet most of them would be expecting Paris Hilton, lol, who btw, I'd much rather have than Perez. And nearly anybody else. Yuck yuck yuck. I'd rather have Kate Gosselin back.

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 12:05 AM

Kris Jenner is a harpy famewhore.

Not only that, but she'd almost certainly be paired with Corky. Barf.

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 1:29 AM

I'm hoping that Taylor from Real Housewives of BH doesn't get cast. There are other Housewives that would be more fun and or interesting on the show. Nene or Phadera (ATL Housewives), Kyle Richards, Lisa or Camille Grammer (Real Housewives of BH).

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 2:04 AM

What hideous rumours! The only good idea is Paul "Pee Wee" Reubens. Kris Jenner is a harpy famewhore. Taylor Armstrong is a walking disaster. Perez Hilton is horrid.

Its funny, this show can have some truly awful human beings, like Nancy Grace or Kate Gosselin on, but I BET in the end they will balk at Reubens, because of his "secondary" infamy for... having jerked off. Just wait and see--I'll be very surprised if he gets cast.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 4:31 AM

But they had Pee Wee in the audience, nearly every show, and often interviewed him about David, Ricki, etc. I think he'll be on next season. They've had a couple Playboy mansion residents, i.e., Centerfolds - and they didn't balk at having Chris Brown perform, even after he beat the shit out of Rihannah. Loads of former rehab patients and sex-tapers (hello Pamela and Kim!) And their audience, skewing so much older, may not even have known about Pee Wee's, uh, poor judgment. I just think if they had a problem with his morality, they wouldn't have invited him to so many tapings and made a point to have his interviews featured on the results shows.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 10:36 AM

They've had a couple Playboy mansion residents, i.e., Centerfolds - and they didn't balk at having Chris Brown perform

You may have a point about Chris Brown. That could signify their attitude.

Having Reubens in the audience before? I dunno maybe.

But the presence of Centerfolds doesn't signify much. There'd be a long running double standard I think, as well as a key difference in perception I think, between pretty naked models, and an ordinary looking guy who put his hands on his own junk in public and got caught doing it.

Sunnyheart

Sunnyheart

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 2:19 PM

but I BET in the end they will balk at Reubens, because of his "secondary" infamy for... having jerked off.

If I find out they passed over Paul Reubens because of a minor sex charge over 20 years ago, I will be really pissed off. I had to suffer through that vapid Kim K with her sex tape infamy and that worm Tom Delay with his money laundering. IMO, it would be extremely hypocritical if they passed over Reubens because of his arrest. Don't even get me started on Chris Brown.

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

Eh...Pee Wee was just playing with his little playhouse. He didn't hurt, maim, molest or kill anyone. I don't think people even care about that anymore. I think enough time has passed to give him a pass. Paul Rebens' personality is a lot different than what people may expect it to be who aren't really that familiar with him. It would be interesting to see what personality he would bring to the show.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 4:53 PM

Is it a bit odd that it's getting towards the end of January, and we still haven't heard any valid rumors via TMZ, etc?

Because if my knowledge is correct, the cast will be announced in about 5 weeks, so i'm betting at least they've gotten a few contestants locked in, right?

Edited by PBGamer89, Jan 18, 2012 @ 4:54 PM.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 2:53 AM

I certainly hope some rumours surface. We have to gossip about something!

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

All I want is some great dancing and fun personalities. Last season was blah to me besides JR. Do you guys think that the producers will reach out to Guliana Rancic or Paula Deen?

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 7:55 PM

Do you guys think that the producers will reach out to Guliana Rancic or Paula Deen?

I could see Deen trying something like this, to rescue her image (which is sinking a bit lately, due to her being somewhat two-faced about her reasons for coming out about her diabetes).

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 9:23 PM

I think Paul Reubens is good friends with David Arquette and Courteney Cox. That would explain why he was in the audience so much last season. I wouldn't mind him on the show though. I much prefer the nostalgia contestants to the reality show ones.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

Jackee Harry seems to be launching a twitter campaign to get on the next season. I don't think she's the kind of celeb that would last too long, but she's a big personality and she might be fun from that perspective.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 2:41 PM

I think someone like Jackee would be in the vein of like a Niecy Nash type (funny woman with a distinct voice/laugh, some dance talent, improvement arc)

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 3:37 PM

I remember Jackee' from when she was on 'Celebrity Fit Club" and she was real joyless, dull and not at all what I expected her to be. Her personality was not that great on there and she seemed like she's difficult to translate on TV in personality. She would have to be completely different than what she was on there. I know she disappointed me on that show.

moni

moni

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 2:13 AM

Marina Sirtis from Star Trek TNG

SiobhanJW

SiobhanJW

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 10:49 AM

I can't believe how quiet its been on the possible casting! Crazy! Hopefully we will hear something soon!

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Yes, I agree. Tom apparently tweeted that the cast will be announced in late February.

That gives us about 4/5 weeks till the annoucement and we've basically heard nothing that even sounds legit.

If it goes based on previous spring seasons, they will announce the cast 3 weeks before the premiere and that date is February 27th.

Edited by PBGamer89, Jan 26, 2012 @ 2:06 PM.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

Yes, I agree. Tom apparently tweeted that the cast will be announced in late February.

That gives us about 4/5 weeks till the announcement and we've basically heard nothing that even sounds legit.

If it goes based on previous spring seasons, they will announce the cast 3 weeks before the premiere and that date is February 27th.

Which means that we might hear confirmations from/about the pros just before then as to who's going to be back this season -- if we're lucky.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 7:44 PM

Probably around Valentine's day week is when we'll start to hear about pros. I think they are told about a week or 2 ahead of the announcement.

SiobhanJW

SiobhanJW

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 11:54 AM

According to Marc Malkin from E! The new cast will be announced on GMA on February 28th.

https://twitter.com/#!/marcmalkin/statu...923953638211584

peaches222

peaches222

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 12:59 PM

They haven't done this since season 9.

https://twitter.com/...942182804828160

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

I wonder if they will still do the "press conference" after the annoucement.

I actually really enjoyed it. It gave me a chance to get to see the cast and get to know them.

ETA: Apparently, producers asked Giuliana Rancic for season 14.

That's a rumor I can get behind. She's funny, has a touching story, and it would give DWTS some added media having an E! News host on the cast.

Edited by PBGamer89, Jan 27, 2012 @ 3:48 PM.

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2012 @ 5:03 PM

Great, so we don't have to sit through The Bachelor this year to see the cast announcement. This season is already looking up.